Lionel messi having problems blending in with team??

Ok so as the title says really, I'm Barcelona and towards the end of the season this keeps flashing up in my match feedback, I find it hard to believe a man who's played for the club all his life now has trouble blending in. I'm in my fourth season and the squad has changed very little in the time I've been there as I prefer to develop their rich source of talent.

So why's this suddenly cropping up a bug maybe? It's certainly affecting his performances as he's dropping to the 6.30 a game level not scored in a while now. I've not changed my formation either so it can't be that.

Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure its down to personality.

His personality doesn't fit in with the squad personality shown on the club information screen.

exactly what i wanted to say... i never played Barca or Messi, but i'm guessing you remodeled Barca, and thus changed team personality, thats why Messi have problems to blend in...

My squad overall is highly ambitious and Messi's is determined so would that not be along the same lines as one another?

Ambition is a separate hidden attribute.

I would say given what you've said that Messi's ambition is probably <14/15ish ie out of being in the "Highly ambitious" range.

This happened on FM12 also. When managing Barcelona there would be no mention for this until 2-3 seasons in and suddenly he had difficulties blending in which remained there until he retired. Nothing about the team changed that much either. Also when he was made Captain, Pique, Iniesta, Pedro had difficulties motivating themselves with Messi has captain. Never understood it.

Ambition is a separate hidden attribute.

I would say given what you've said that Messi's ambition is probably <14/15ish ie out of being in the "Highly ambitious" range.

Well checked in the FMRTE and his ambition is 19 so I'd say that would be more than enough so can't be that either.

This happened on FM12 also. When managing Barcelona there would be no mention for this until 2-3 seasons in and suddenly he had difficulties blending in which remained there until he retired. Nothing about the team changed that much either. Also when he was made Captain, Pique, Iniesta, Pedro had difficulties motivating themselves with Messi has captain. Never understood it.

I'm having the exact same thing with the Captain and motivating to play with mine is with Pique to. I just assumed they were all jealous of Shakira.

Archived