International B teams - completely pointless?

I dont know why his has been put into the game this year (was in years ago as well?) But i wanted to see if anyone else had asked this, there appears to be no reason for the b teams, you cant arrange friendlies as all other b teams are greyed out, there are no competitions for them. So... Why?

Yet in my save, some teams, like New Zealand have had B team games.

I use it to park players on the fringes of my senior Socceroos team. It's easier to keep track of them that way and means I can not forget players I try out in friendlies.

Well what I meant was, its a good idea, as i have some great strikers and midfielders who arent quite up to senior team standard, but i'd still like to try out elsewhere, but I can't seem to arrange any matches - therefore it seems pointless.

Mexico plays its B team in the Gold Cup because its main "A" team is playing in the Confederations cup, based on the fact that Mexico won the Gold Cup in 2011. This happens for any team that wins the Gold Cup in the year after the World Cup. Jamaica somehow won the gold cup in 2015, and in 2017 there was a Jamaica "B" team (that got totally thrashed) in the Gold Cup.

Archived