Watford

How are Watford doing in everybody's game?

Due to their ridiculous amount of loans from Serie A and La Liga, Watford managed to get promoted to the Premier League in the first season. However in the summer all their quality players went back on loan to their parent clubs and didn't return. This left Watford with a tiny squad that they 'strengthened' in the transfer window by buying a few no more than average, Championship level players. This is their current record in the Prem, and as you can see they are seriously out of their depth...

watfordy.jpg

Personally, I care very little for Watford and think what is being done there is farcical but I'd be interested to know how the game has handled their unique situation in everybody else's games.

I'm judging by the nature of their defeats and the quality of their squad. It's not hard to see they're not good enough and are going down. But you're missing the point, I'm just asking how the game has dealt with Watford's situation in people's games. There's obviously no way irl the Pozzo family would allow this to happen if the team go up this season.

Just started my 5th season. So far they have came 16th, 8th, 12th and 8th. They got took over in late 2014 so the Pozzo's didn't last long. Zola got the sack just before that and Mick McCarthy now manages them.

Some notable players who have played for Watford since the start include David Goodwillie who is a personal favourite of mine and Jermaine Defoe who joined at the age of 32. They have also loaned in 6 players from Udinese from the start until the takeover. Can't see them going up soon as they look average for this level.

Will say the OP situation is probably unrealistic though. I doubt the Pozzo's would make Watford struggle if they got promoted.

In my game they finished 2nd in the Championship in the first season and 19th in the EPL in the second season just above Cardiff. Oh and they have David Goodwillie at the club currently.

As a Watford fan I don't see what is happening there IRL a farce. It's far better that the Pozzo's have brought the club with a proven track record in owning clubs then the club going into administration and almost certainly into liquidation and not existing anymore.

What the game does not show is that all of the loanees at the club except Chalobah from Chelsea are on loan with a view to permanent deals. If finances permit it the club will sign 4 or 5 of the players permanently (Abdi, Vydra, Forestieri, Pudil and perhaps Geijo/Ekstrand) either in the winter transfer window or during the summer. If finances can't handle it then as shown by Granada the Pozzos will have no hesitation in loaning the same players back to us for more then just one season. A relationship like that can't be simulated in the game because it's unique. In time there will be Watford players going out on loan to Granada and Udinese.

The Pozzo plan may end up with Watford being the main concern because the financial reward is far bigger in the EPL then it is in La Liga and Serie A. Gino Pozzo is looking to moving into England next summer to oversee the club.

Oh and to those thinking Watford will ojnly sign laonees from Udinese or Granada really should look up the name Panos Armenakas. The 14/15 year old has signed with us and will be attending Harefield academy. Hopefully he'll make the step up from training with Ajax, Barcelona and AC Milan.

Archived