Why dont teams Buy players

Why dont teams out side your playable league ever buy any players?

Iv got English, Spanish, Italian and German League running. i mean think of all them clubs and player.

Now go to a club say in Romania or Poland and there squads have like one young player and the rest are greyed out, wht dont these teams ever buy any players.?

They don't need to buy players because they use "grays" , according to officials here this is to "ensure the integrity of non active leagues " .... for me it is absolutely BS.

If all grays had CA 1 then AI will be forced to buy players and the market would be far more active ( and you would be able to sell all the players you don't need ).

I hate it when you find "grays or greys wt ever they are" that have pretty good stats as you can't sign then :(. Why not make the "grays/greys" regens or newgens instead of "greys" then they would be available to all other clubs, and the non active teams would have active players and would be more likely to take part in transfer activities.

yes interesting points. teams liek Bayern will buy players because they are programmed in as a big club etc, not sure if this will work but iv given the romanian league a reputation boost same as rest of leagues in Europe and given 1 or 2 teams a reputation boost to see if it will spark of some transfer activity.

when you start the game and have the option using a DDT to retain clubs players etc, i think if you use that file and retain players, that club will then be active in your game?

i think they keep there teams greyed out because its faster for processing? if more teams had players and had short lists am i righ tin thinking it would tak elonger to process?

Speed issues is spot on: memory is the other issue.

Not every player has your screamin' hot computer .. those on the min-spec machine may actually be pushing the envelope by having one country active. :D

The idea is, if you set a league as "inactive", you are buying into a bit of willing suspension of disbelief: the league's teams are going to be much less active in the international transfer market, and they have "grey players", ones who are not in the DB. This saves memory, obviously, but also processing power as the game does not have to run AI checks for those teams often, and doesn't have to deal with all the player happiness issues, etc.

I'm a firm believer in the "Greys should have a CA of 1" theory - for active leagues. AI or not, if an active team behaves stupidly and sells their last goalkeeper, I don't want them getting a starting-quality goalkeeper for free!

But I don't want to see that theory extended to inactive leagues - that's just silly. If I have a slow computer and I don't see any need to simulate the Romanian leagues, fine .. but if I come across a Romanian team in the UEFA Cup, I want for it to provide a realistic level of challenge for my team .. which it does, if its filled with CA-appropriate greys.

Wayne'o, teams outside your active league do buy players .. I played a campaign with only "all English leagues" active, and several times had Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munchen nick players I was interested in. However, your Romanian first division teams aren't exactly beating down the door of English clubs in real life, and how many Englishmen have moved to Romania in the past five seasons?

When I manage in a smaller division (e.g., Croatia), I have trouble attracting players out of the "major" countries, and I've learned that enough that I rarely attempt to at this point.

So I think its perfectly fair that inactive Romanian clubs aren't making offers for your transfer-listed players. ;)

Obviously you have never got eliminated by a Polish shadow team.

AI using super grays against player is cheating .... same rules for all , no ?

You can make the market much more active for non active leagues if you edit national reputation and league level , also spread some sugar daddies around ( in big clubs around Europe , like in Russia , Sweden , Belgium etc ) and edit country's profile to "Developed" where needed.

Teams in non active leagues can gain reputation winning domestic cups if you have their league as "view only" , it uses minimum memory and they will buy players occasionally .

If you try this for clubs outside Europe you do have to edit continent's profile too ( set all to 1 ) .... for some strange reason i did this for Argentina , Brazil and Mexico and although they do buy players from European clubs they never bid Europeans !

I'd also like to say that I feel it#s wrong that grey players are "about the quality a player for that rep team should be", as it means Barca can sell all their keepers and end up with a superkeeper in goal still.

Instead, grey players should be no better than the BEST player that wouldn't have been loaded. So Barca's third keeper wasn't loaded? that's the sort of quality greys should be. Not better than Buffon.

I'd also like to say that I feel it#s wrong that grey players are "about the quality a player for that rep team should be", as it means Barca can sell all their keepers and end up with a superkeeper in goal still.

Instead, grey players should be no better than the BEST player that wouldn't have been loaded. So Barca's third keeper wasn't loaded? that's the sort of quality greys should be. Not better than Buffon.

It depends if you loaded the Spanish Leagues (as a playable league) then Barcelona's gray players should be like the ones in your youth team (this is a lot better in FM08 than previous versions, I've not had to put up with the AI fielding gray players in the League Cup, rather risking teamers in FM08, unlike previous versions).

However if you haven't selected the Spanish Leagues as managable, then gray players are needed as Amaroq has said - to keep the game playable without a supercomputer. They also need to be of a standard to make the team competitive in Europe (otherwise you'd have the opposite complaints - Barcelona have been knocked out by a little nongray side).

Whilst it could still do with some tweaking (quality of the none active-grays seems to be mainly based on club reputation, it could do with being referenced to current CA's ingame - so Barcelona could have a good Keeper, but not one that is better than every other GK by a long way, and what positions they buy - still get examples of teams signing too many ST, but no GKs).

There isn't really any better solutions to the gray players - SI can always up the min. spec so only anyone who can run a game with 25 players from every club in the world can play the game (but that'll quickly kill sales), or alternatives are to reduce the amount of clubs that are loaded for each country that aren't managable in to the min. needed for active comps, or have them as signable (but any history gets wiped each season) and when you sign one an unattached player is retired - to keep the database size down. Or have it as other games have the past - they are real but unsignable.

You can reduce the amount of gray players yourself - by selecting more leagues and a larger database size.

Archived