Fm13 - 4-4-1-1

Having a bit of success with my Man United side playing a 4-4-1-1 tactic. Noticed alot of people looking for a tactic as they're struggling to get one working so thought id share mine. Nothing special about it, its designed to fit my players, but the results have been good with it. Dont claim this to be an awesome tactic, just wanted to help people out who were struggling to get off the ground in FM13.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcj1cfutnidx95i

ManchesterUnited_Team.png

ManchesterUnited_Schedule-2.png

EnglishPremierDivision_Stages.png

Note:

ML cuts inside freeing up over-lapping LWB.

Ass Man handles OI's and TT's.

if you're having trouble scoring against teams playing very defensive, move the AMC (Treq) to a STR (DLF - attack) position and put the wingers on attack. Change no personal settings.

Giving it a shot now m8. I started unemployed and got the Sunderland job after 18 games in which they were bottom.

So far 3 wins from 3 even though they were vs Norwich,QPR and Fulham :)

Lets see in 2 weeks when we play Man U,Liverpool & City consecutively

Interesting results at the defence! Maybe gonna try this one out my 2nd season.

Who does the goals for you? Spread amount amongst all players?

RVP - 18 apps - 15 goals - 16 assists

Hernandez - 11 apps - 11 goals - 3 assists

Valencia - 17 apps - 11 goals - 8 assits.

They're the top 3, but i have 18 goal scorers in total, all midfielders have scored and the CBs have chipped in with a few. Lots of assists coming from my wide men, both wingers and full backs.

Going well so far mate. Trying with Man Utd on the injury crisis challenge. Do you use any shouts?

Not really. Not that impact the game at all. If im really struggling to break down a team, i normally stick the wingers on attack and move the AMC to a STR position, either keeping him as a Treq or changing to a DLP-Attack. Havent had to do this very often, but some teams have basically played a 11-0-0 against me, so have pushed men forward more. Only shouts i use is when im nearing end of game and in a comfortable position, ill tell them to keep possession to save legs and stay on feet and stand off, to avoid unnecessary cards.

Giving it a shot now m8. I started unemployed and got the Sunderland job after 18 games in which they were bottom.

So far 3 wins from 3 even though they were vs Norwich,QPR and Fulham :)

Lets see in 2 weeks when we play Man U,Liverpool & City consecutively

Glad you're getting some good results. I imagine morale was very low when you took over, so to get 3 results in quite good considering cohesion would be low too! Good luck against the big guns!

You say the ML cuts inside, but he is set as a regular winger. So I guess it depends on the player to have that PPM, in your case Ash Young?

yeah. Ash young plays there. i only set it to cut inside when he plays there cause he rotates with giggs, who is set to regular. apologies. as i said, its about setting it to suit your players.

Been working well with me in my Man Utd save but its down to the strength of the wingers.

CM's generally have a horrible time getting good ratings in this tactic and oddly Wellbeck is a beast in this formation with RVP behind him. Rooney seems next to useless for me under this system.

played 3 won 1 and been thumped twice by saints and qpr, so no joy on FMC for me on this tactic, playing as Arsenal and defence is all over the place, Vermaelen just had a 3 and Akinfeev appears to have just let a ball run under his foot in 1 game and appears incapable of making a single save

Glad you're getting some good results. I imagine morale was very low when you took over, so to get 3 results in quite good considering cohesion would be low too! Good luck against the big guns!

I ended up finishing 9th, not bad considering when i took over after 18 games they were bottom

At the start of the new season i have very little money so i have had to rely on 3-4 'loaned' players and i have a small squad (22 1st teamers)

So far W3 D2 L1 but i`m going to give it a rest until release date due to some weird results now and again.

I beat Man U at Old Trafford 5-2, beat Arsenal at the Emirates 4-1 then lost 3-0 at home to Norwich! oh, i also saw Spurs smash Man City 6-4 at City of Mancherster!!

Archived