Why would I do this?

In my team meetings I have noticed that I often get a recommendation for my left winger to "stick to the right side" and vica versa. Why would any self-respecting coach ever suggest this (apparently) stupid advice.

Also believe the suggestion for a player to "start diving into tackes" a complete joke!

These gaffs need taking out of the mix!

In my team meetings I have noticed that I often get a recommendation for my left winger to "stick to the right side" and vica versa. Why would any self-respecting coach ever suggest this (apparently) stupid advice.

Also believe the suggestion for a player to "start diving into tackes" a complete joke!

These gaffs need taking out of the mix!

Yeah I get this loads. Usually i have a back up that can play MR/ML go into a private chat with a coach suggest something, "i don't think he'd be able to do that, I think telling him to stick to the right hand side would be a good idea." Umm MR coach man, please go home.

I think when they have a left sided winger "stick to the right side" it's like in the case of a Arjen Robben. Maybe the player is better suited to cut in on their stronger foot and shoot, rather than send in a cross. Could always try them as an IF winger.

Sometimes I like my wingers to be out and out wingers. Cross machines. Entirely depends on the player. Some players are just best suited to running up and down the line like a train. Especially in the lower leagues... Or if you're called James Milner..:D

I ALWAYS tell my players to "get stuck in" before every match. Yeah I collect a few cards, but I just happen to like my teams to play like that. My three instructions before every game are "pass to feet" "hassle opponents" & "get stuck in".

I like passing football with a bit of blood & thunder.

"Start diving into tackles" can be useful with the right player.

Please elucidate!

I'm interested to know who might be better off just diving into tackles rather than waiting for the right moment.

Archived