A Story of a Thousand Miles Must Begin With a Single Step

DazRTaylor

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEASON 2016-17 PREVIEW

A big season upcoming. Champions League football arrives at the DW Stadium!

Media Prediction - 7th

My expectation - 3rd. I must aim to improve on last season.

Transfer Budget - £36,000,000

Wage Budget - £1,210,867 per week.

NEW SIGNINGS

Players In

Lenny Nangis - Signed from Caen, this is the left winger I have been craving.

Carlos Villanueva - Young Colombian centre half I have re-signed after selling him a year before. He has matured somewhat and also now has a work permit.

Hernan Banegas - With the forced sale of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (minimum fee clausse was met), I needed a replacement. I found this beauty.

Casca - Young Brazilian who will be a squad player this season.

Mihaita Starpici - Teenage Romanian goalkeeper signed as my new backup.

Mikulas Toth - 18 year old Slovakian centre back, immediately loaned to feeder club Torquay United.

Nikolaj Rasmussen - 16 year old Danish centre half signed on a free transfer.

LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS

When players of this calibre become available, you do your best to sign them. I was fortunate they were available. Zahalka & Papadopoulos both laid into their ex manager when they signed for me through the press so they were desperate to leave. Welcome to Wonderful Wigan! :D

rostislavzahalkaovervie.png

kyriakospapadopoulosove.png

dannydacostaoverviewpro.png

It seems like you rate determination pretty highly. Alot of your signing have 20 or 19 or 18. Is that intentional or just coincidence?

Intention. As I am not at a 'big' club, it is the only way I can get players of Champions League quality to sign for me. When I say Champions League quality, I mean potential Champions League quality. Not all the players I sign make it. High determination increases the liklihood of the player becoming a star - they don't whinge as much about training etc and generally put the work in.

I play by recruiting the maximum possible scouts. I look for maximum in Judging Player Ability & Judging Player Potential. If I can't get 20-20, then I look for 20 in Potential. I then send these scouts all over the world and normally have at least two scouts in South America minimum as I find the most talent comes from there. I trust my scouts implicitly - if they say a player will become a star I try to sign them.

More excellent signings! And a great result against Barcelona too! Wigan is the place to be right now :cool:

It seems to be but we are five points off the top after seven league games. Of those games I showed a screenie off earlier, we lost two of them, so could of been worse I suppose.

The Arsenal manager is listed as Insecure...

I leave Wigan in the best health in their history

• They are title challengers
  • Arguably the best young squad in world football
  • They are in the Champions League for the first time in their history
  • They won a major trophy.

That said, I plan on acquiring some of their players in January. :D

ARSENAL

arsenal-fc-logo.png

emirates3_440x330.jpg

Club - Arsenal

Nation - England

League - Premier League (top tier)

Stadium - Emirates Stadium

Capacity - 60,361 all seater

Corporate Facilities - Top

Training Facilities - Top

Youth Facilities - State of the Art

Junior Coaching - Good

Youth Recruitment - Well Established

Media Prediction - 4th

My expectation - 4th. This will be tough but it must happen.

Transfer Budget - £21,000,000

Wage Budget - £1,958,578 per week.

Current Wage Bill - £1,633,670. I plan to reduce this considerably so that I can sign some world class replacements.

This is my last English club for a while, so until I win the Champions League, Premier League & the F. A.Cup, I am not moving anywhere.

The board have told me they will not be judging me on the Champions League & Premier League this season. They will be judging me opn the F. A. Cup though and I am expected to reach the semi final.

Champions League

As you can see from this table, the club have had a good start to the campaign.

League

Simply shocking. 14th place! I am going to have my work cut out to reach the Champions League but this has to be my goal.

barclayspremierleagueov.png

Squad

Some absolute gems in here so not quite sure what Sam Allardyce was playing at to make them so poor. Filipe Paiva is one of the best defenders in the world, whereas Zacharias Barakos is one of the greatest players in world football. I tried to sign Barakos several times at Wigan but he always declined so I am chuffed to bits to see him here with me.

That said, there is also a lot of highly paid dross here.

arsenalsquadplayers.png

Ok, look at the squad screen for Arsenal four posts above. See Allan Nyom? Rated 2* current and 2* potential? I am struggling to sell him as Sam Allardyce bought him in the summer for £16.5m. He should of been sacked for this decision alone. He never played him either by the way.

Arsenal were struggling badly when you took charge. Hope you turn their fortunes around.

I am getting there, the signs are encouraging! Mid season review upcoming.

Sam Allardyce? Arsenal manager? Would never happen in real life!

Good luck with the Gooners, quite a rebuilding job needed :)

Yep, I have shifted huge numbers out - details incoming.

Sam Allardyce always gets a big job in my games- and he usually mucks them up too. Added to this, he always slags me off in the press so when he gets sacked, it is always a good day :D

MID SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

Qualified top of the group and have drawn Lyon, first leg in France, in the first knockout round. In the last group game, my players were brilliant as we crushed CSKA Moscow 7-0.

League

Better than when I arrived. Whilst a run for the title is out of the question, we can still achieve the top four. Great to see Wigan still winning too.

barclayspremierleagueovj.png

F. A. Cup

ITV are close to orgasmic as the third round has drawn us away to Tottenham. We drew 2-2 so must now play again. Should I win, the draw has pitted me against.....Wigan. At Wigan. You couldn't make it up.

Carling Cup

We were already eliminated before I arrived, having lost at home to Championship outfit Aston Villa, 2-1 after extra time.

PLAYERS

As I am not being judged this season, I have decided to cut my losses and cull the squad in January. We are losing money as players have huge contracts. As a result, we will probably do ok in the league but not the Champions League as many players will be unavailable.

Players In

Toni Kroos - German attacking midfielder arrives from Bayern Munich.

Marcel Strnad - Wonderkid who was a revelation for me at Wigan. Can play in a number of positions.

Davide Santon - Italian full back who can play either side of the centre backs. Signed from Newcastle United.

Alexandr Kudryashov - Ukrainian defensive midfielder leaves Shakhtar Donetsk for a new life in England.

Jack Fernandez - Peruvian centre half signed from Serbian side Red Start Belgrade.

Luis Mendez - Giant Paraguayan centre half signed from Real Sociedad. He will score shedloads of goals from set pieces.

Muralha - Teenage Brazilian striker signed after he became disillusioned with life at Real Madrid.

Muhammet Zeydan - Versatile defender signed from former club Wigan.

Franck Schaap - Dutch attacking midfielder signed from Feyenoord.

Nils Stumpf - German defensive midfielder, who arrives from Eredivisie side FC Twente.

Alejandro Vargas - 21 year old Uruguayan striker signed from Italian Serie A side Catania.

Marcel Holm - Young Norwegian striker arrives from Tromso.

Georg Bozori - 16 year old Hungarian, arrives from Honved. Can play at centre back or up front.

Roy van der Ent - Dutch centre half arriving from Wellington Phoenix. Also holds an Australian passport.

Players Out

Like I said, I have taken the axe and culled the squad. Over £100m was raised by the fire sale, saving £1m a week in wages. In total, once my new signings' salaries are taken into account, my wage bill is now £1m per week - it was £1.65m per week previously.

YOUTH CANDIDATES DAY

I have not showed this before now in this save, simply because I have not had anyone worth mentioning. Indeed, I have released them all.

One reason I came to Arsenal was the fact they get some fabulous youngsters come through their system. This is the first year being at Arsenal and the youth candidates are sublime. Well, two of them are. I can confidently say they will be superstars. One thing does worry me though about both of these players: Harlee Brady has been branded the new Matthew Upson and even worse, Bradley Pavey is the new Paul Gascoigne! :lol: He is banned from going out.

arsenalyouthcandidatess.png

harleebradyoverviewprof.png

bradleypaveyoverviewpro.png

A couple of decent ones there.
Very good youth intake! How did the fans feel about your fire sale? ;)

I will blood them both at the end of the season I think...

They hated the fact I got shot of some - van Persie being the most missed. Apparently, it is viewed as an aberration. I am cold and heartless :) 2* current ability, 33 years old and on £160k a week, basic. Never mind his appearance fee. He had to go.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

SEASON 2016-17

Another season of what might have been. Whilst I was never going to win the league, I did reach two cup finals, but lost them both.

Champions League

Lyon were dispatched in the first knockout round 6-3 on aggregate (2-2 away, 4-1 at home), Zenit St. Petersburg were beaten 5-4 on aggregate in the quarter final (3-1 at home, 2-3 loss away), Marseille were defeated 5-3 on aggregate (2-2 away, 3-1 at home) which set up a final against Bayern Munich, who beat us 1-0 in a game Bayern dominated.

League

Excellent turnaround. Zacharias Barakos really is a class above. Without him, we would be mid table at best. Sad to see Wigan finish fifth. They were fourth going into the final game but could only draw, whereas Tottenham hammered Swansea in Wales.

barclayspremierleagueovd.png

F. A. Cup

Another final defeat. Tottenham were overcome in round three 2-0 at home in the replay after a 2-2 draw at Spurs first time out. The fourth round saw me drawn away to former club Wigan and another replay was required after drawing 1-1 at DW Stadium. We won 1-0 second time out. Wolves were hammered 3-0 at home in round five, Leeds 4-2 at home in the quarter finals and then Liverpool well beaten 3-1 at Wembley in the semi final. Man City proved too strong in the final, however, deservedly beaing us 3-1.

Carling Cup

We were already eliminated before I arrived, having lost at home to Championship outfit Aston Villa, 2-1 after extra time.

PLAYERS

Player of the Season

Quite simply, Zacharias Barakos IS Arsenal. Without him we struggle. Left winger of the highest calibre.

zachariasbarakosovervie.png

Special Mention

I forced this young central defender to play 56 matches this season and he never let me down. Filipe Paiva is a fine player.

filipepaivaoverviewprof.png

FORMER CLUB WATCH

Perugia

[u][b]Season       Champions League   Europa League         Final League Position            Coppa Italia               Serie C Cup[/b][/u]
2011-12             N/a              N/a              3rd Italian Serie C2/B (P)            N/a                   Group stage
2012-13             N/a              N/a              5th Italian Serie C1/B           1st qualifying round       1st round
2013-14             N/a              N/a             18th Italian Serie C1/B (R)       1st qualifying round       Group stage
2014-15             N/a              N/a              4th Italian Serie C2/A (P)            N/a                   2nd round
2015-16             N/a              N/a             12th Italian Serie C1/B           2nd qualifying round       1st round
2016-17             N/a              N/a              8th Italian Serie C1/B                N/a                   1st round

Hartlepool United

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup           Johnstone's Paint Trophy[/b][/u]
2012-13             N/a               N/a              1st English League Two (P)       1st round                  1st round                     2nd round
2013-14             N/a               N/a              1st English League One (P)       Quarter final              1st round                     2nd round
2014-15             N/a               N/a             15th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                     N/a
2015-16             N/a               N/a             15th English Championship         3rd round                  1st round                     N/a
2016-17             N/a               N/a              9th English Championship         3rd round                  2nd round                     N/a

Wigan Athletic

[u][b]Season       Champions League    Europa League         Final League Position            F. A. Cup                  Carling Cup[/b][/u]
2014-15             N/a               N/a              6th English Premier League       4th round                  Runners Up
2015-16             N/a          Quarter finals        4th English Premier League       5th round                  Winners
2016-17      Quarter final            N/a              5th English Premier League       4th round                  3rd round

SEASON 2017-18 PREVIEW

Media Prediction - 2nd

My expectation - 1st

Transfer Budget - £30,790,000.

Wage Budget - £1,742,777 per week.

This season is huge. I don't feel I can win the Champions League - last season was a fluke - but the league is a real target. I have spent big to bring it back to Arsenal for the first time in over fourteen years.

PLAYERS

Players In

Serdar Donumcu - Signed from my former club Wigan, this Turkish forward has the potential to be a legend.

Rostislav Zahalka - Another world class player I have stolen from Wigan.

Bojan Nackov - The best goalkeeper in the world.

Simeon Tsvetkov - Left back signed from Dnipro. There is a world shortage of quality left backs so £10m is a bargain.

William Umbarila - I sent this Colombian midfielder to Croatia for three years to get an EU passport. Now Wigan dont want him. Their loss, my gain.

Mattia Monza - Also signed from Wigan after they offered him to me cheaply, he will start out as a squad player.

Ingo Schroter - Young Austrian goalkeeper signed as a backup. Has good potential though.

Sergey Deineko - Exciting Russian defender. Squad player at first.

Carlos Brunt Lewis - Also sent to Croatia for three years, he now has an EU passport. Wigan don't want him, either. Loaned to feeder club FC Lorient in France.

Tomas Francisco Young Spanish striker signed from Sevilla. He wasn't on my radar but he was offered to me, plus cash, for Christian Eriksen. So a good deal all round for me. Loaned to Brentford for the season.

Luis Gonzalez - Brilliant young Chilean defensive midfielder. Can also play at centre half and central midfielder. Loaned to feeder club Spartak Moscow in Russia.

David Ibanez - Young Argentine striker brought in for the future. Loaned to feeder club Salamanca, in Spain's third tier.

Fran Alvarez - 16 year old Spanish wing back, was rated 4.5* potential when I bid. He signs but now rated 2.5* potential! Hmmmm.

Players Out

I was disappointed to be approached by Wojciech Szczesny stating he wanted a new challenge. As I don't keep unhappy players as a rule, I sold him to Valencia. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world and was a home grown player too, so he will be a big loss. A further four players left as they wanted first team football, which I couldn't give them. I also farmed quite a few teenagers to my feeder clubs.

Archived