Aaron Ramsey - PA Spoilers

There's nothing wrong with Eugene's thoughts... He is perhaps just a "little" more optimistic than most of us.

But then again, that comes with the issue that none of us have a crystal ball...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this still going? My word.

No you didn't bring up the case of other players, but you actually still haven't answered if you feel he has shown as much potential in the games he has played as the players I mentioned a few posts up. I don't think he has. I think he is very lucky that Arsenal have a relatively weak midfield (either through players being sold/loaned ala Fabreagas & Asharvin, or out through injury). I think if Arsenal had a stronger midfield then he wouldn't have got half the game time that he did this season. In the games he has played he has looked slow, not good at making decisions when he was put under pressure and quite shy in taking responsibility for trying to put his stamp, for trying to dominate the opposition. To me that is not a sign of a great future player.

On current form and current showing I would argue that he hasn't done enough to warrant anything more than a PA of 160 (which still makes him a good player in the future). If you start bumping him up to 170+ you are getting into the fact that he could be potentially as good as Mascherano, Busquets or even Xavi Alonso are at the moment, and I would say he has shown nothing to suggest he has that kind of potential ability.

I do think Ramsey will be a very good midfielder. He's already a starter for one of the best teams in Europe.

What more do you want?

If 170+ is good enough to start at Barca, surely it's good enough to start at Arsenal?

He's not below 170, I tell you that.

There's nothing wrong with Eugene's thoughts...

Until the above.

Mr Tyson has still yet to articulate what specific skills Ramsey has that merit him having a -10 potential in relation to the rest of the footballing world.

He's got some good skills. He's young. And he has a very high potential. If he didn't then he wouldn't be playing first team football at Arsenal, one of the best teams in the world.

so do players like pjanic, de jong (ajax), and the bender brothers. so why does ramsey get a -10 whereas pjanic gets a locked PA of a mere 160

why do thiago and eriksen get -9 and ramsey get -10?

again, i'm not saying ramsey's overrated, i think he's as talented as the likes of pjanic/dejong/thiago/eriksen. i'm just asking why ramsey gets singled out as the only player in the game with a -10 PA. if more players were given -10, or if no players were given the -10, we wouldn't be having this discussion

Archived