Cuts inside or moves in channels

What is more effective? I have been playing about with them both and really can't tell what is more effective. When I use moves in channels, my wingers seem to dribble past more players but don't get as many shots. Where as cuts inside, is having fewer runs but has more shots.

What is the difference between the both?

Moving into channels literally means moving into wide areas to receive the ball, off the ball movement i would say. You know like the old Side arrows system, using Strikers to illustrate probably will be clearer, <----ST ST ---->, asking your strikers to exploit space horizontally.

Cutting inside is when a player receive the ball out wide and will look to bring the ball centrally.

moves into channels means that when they don't have the ball they'll make runs between the full-back and center back...cuts inside refers to running with the ball...so you can do them both if you want

How can I get them to do both? Is it, having cuts inside as a ppm and set wide play to moves into channels and vice versa?

Surely, the wide play option has to either all mean off-the-ball movement, dribbling movement, or both. Surely, it's not one option is off-the-ball movement, and the other is dribbling movement?

It was changed for FM12 and now cuts inside happens both happen in on and off the ball situations.

Ok, I have a winger that has cuts inside as a PPM, I'm going to set wide play to channels and see what happens.

You'll confuse him. He has the PPM cuts inside but you'll instruct him to move into channels. You'll be asking him to do 2 different things at the same time.

Is that true with all wide options? So "move into channels" and "hug touchline" is also both, or is this just for "Cut inside?"

I wonder how I missed the memo on the change.....

Could caused a lot of confusion, or maybe that's just me :/

Is that true with all wide options? So "move into channels" and "hug touchline" is also both, or is this just for "Cut inside?"

I wonder how I missed the memo on the change.....

Could caused a lot of confusion, or maybe that's just me :/

How do they cause confusion? There simple to understand.

Moves into channels encourages the player to play wider and 'drift' is the best way of putting it.

Hug Touchline encourages the player to stay out wide for most occassions

Cut inside encourages the player to come inside from wide positions.

All of them are On and Off The ball. Although some are easier to see in action when on the ball.

Actually I think it was a patch for FM11 where it was changed as 'Cuts inside' was the odd one out which was only an on the ball movement. It just didn't make sense when the others were both :)

And what about normal? :D

Is it posible that my (lone) striker doesnt go in wide areas when he dont have the ball, staying always in the middle?

Check his PPM's but yes, normal should keep an FC (or FCr/FCl) central.

Move into channels will have him move wider, against a flat back 4 he'll be aiming normally for the gap between CB and FB although if your defence has just won the ball back you might find him loitering wider in an effort to be a more effective outlet.

Hugs touchline doesn't do anything for a central player, rather unsurprisingly.

Cuts inside, again, doesn't do anything for a central player as it makes no sense.

Check his PPM's but yes, normal should keep an FC (or FCr/FCl) central.

Move into channels will have him move wider, against a flat back 4 he'll be aiming normally for the gap between CB and FB although if your defence has just won the ball back you might find him loitering wider in an effort to be a more effective outlet.

Hugs touchline doesn't do anything for a central player, rather unsurprisingly.

Cuts inside, again, doesn't do anything for a central player as it makes no sense.

This.

Strikers tend to drift naturally to some extent anyway, so they might not be bang central.

Archived