Where did the goals go?

Is there some reason why I'm completely unable to score goals anymore? I've never seen such a poor display of finishing in all my years of Football Manager. Not only are my players missing but they're missing by massive amounts. Embarrassing amounts. I've started new saves, different tactics (and given them time to gel), used popular downloaded tactics, used every kind of striker under the sun....still the same results!

Was the new patch responsible for this? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! Anyone else having or had similar issues?

had a bit of a bad start on my current season, where I just could not score, even on pens, I think it all had more to do with Llorente going on an aweful streak of form (0 goals, 0 assists for 9 games in a row) and Muniain being injuried, thankfully my team defend insanly well, and I was able to grind out results by going back to basics and scoring the odd goal from setpices, so by the end of the day I only picked up a few more draws then healthy agaisnt teams I should normaly beat, and now I seam to be back on track again

Is there some reason why I'm completely unable to score goals anymore? I've never seen such a poor display of finishing in all my years of Football Manager. Not only are my players missing but they're missing by massive amounts. Embarrassing amounts. I've started new saves, different tactics (and given them time to gel), used popular downloaded tactics, used every kind of striker under the sun....still the same results!

Was the new patch responsible for this? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! Anyone else having or had similar issues?

Yes the new patch did it. Same thing happened to me, even if morale was fine.

Yes the new patch did it. Same thing happened to me, even if morale was fine.

Are you serious or just joking?

The new patch had no (or at least no serious) match engine changes so it's a little (as in absolutely completely utterly) unlikely it's caused by the new patch. If you can point out where in the patch notes they changed the finishing that would off course be helpful. There is also a very small chance they changed something about the finishing in the match engine without mentioning in the patch notes but that would be a bit strange to say the least.

perhaps knowing a little more about your team and we can help make some suggestions - for example, do you have a disjointed team, poor role distribution, a poor role pairing for strike partnership, etc

Using Almeria in La Liga after being promoted with them in my first season (it's now the second season). I was using a 4-2-3-1 which was very effective in my promotion season but after having such a poor start I've experimented with a few different shapes...all with the same outcome. I have three very different strikers; Giovanni Moreno- a Colombian deep-lying/treq, Alvaro- a young poacher type, and Raul- Spanish legend still with absolutely ridiculous mental and technical attributes. All three of them miss sitters every single game.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292397-How-to-beat-Man-Utd-please-add-your-info

Post 3, 4, 7, 12 & 13 are examples of all we need to know. Give us a lot of in-depth and we can help.

What is instantly obvious is that you tried using the same system from when you were promoted - now this sometimes works, but you have gone into a league where the teams are in theory, better than you in most cases - so you need to show us a bit more.

First point is your side too creative?

Ineffective defensive system - i.e. press relentlessly or stand off very compact - don't try doing both

Archived