Explosion in London Underground

defusion

From the pogues, The body of an american, I was listening to it when 9/11 happened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fare thee well going away

There’s nothing left to say

Farewell to new york city boys

To boston and pa

He took them out

With a well-aimed clout

He was often heard to say

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

Although the planes flew out of boston logan, so its not as co-inky-dinky as I first thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again it's the Irish's fault.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

Although the planes flew out of boston logan, so its not as co-inky-dinky as I first thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again it's the Irish's fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> and the NY one was destined for JFK, and the Kennedys are Irish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

The point is a lot of the people aren't there as part of the organization, so they may well be businessmen. And even then, Osama bin Laden was one of the best businessmen... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was born to a rich Saudi family right in the oil boom. You think he's a good businessman, or just a jammy git?

I would say at least 99% of the people there were supporters of the idea of islamic world domination, and quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your point, but he created a lot of that wealth. He's just one of many examples. the extremists don't just fall into one category of personality, they can be in many different walks of life. But this is besides the point anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buffalo:

if it hasn't been posted yet, out of The Smiths - Panic

Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Birmingham

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Leeds side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look out Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside...

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

I see your point, but he created a lot of that wealth. He's just one of many examples. the extremists don't just fall into one category of personality, they can be in many different walks of life. But this is besides the point anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He made a mint out of capitalism, then spent it trying to destroy capitalism? Strange type, eh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_imps:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buffalo:

if it hasn't been posted yet, out of The Smiths - Panic

Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Birmingham

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Leeds side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look out Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside...

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> exactly :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

To return to the matter at hand, I was perusing the BNP site where I was informed that 8000 muslims attended the Hizb-ut-Tahrir conference in Birmingham 2 years back. The BNP hadn't bothered to do the sums, but I'd reckon that figure places a minimum of 20,000 islamic fundamentalists in the UK, and quite possibly more than double that.

It's not good, is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in a country with what, 2 million Muslims, this is probably about what one would expect.

On another note, I was in the bathroom, and this guy in the stall next to me took a dump, then left without washing his hands. dirty bugger. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The perils of secularism. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

Well in a country with what, 2 million Muslims, this is probably about what one would expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1%? Doesn't sound too bad, eh? But then reflect that the 7000 at the conference were 95% males aged 16 to 35. Then where are we at?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

Well in a country with what, 2 million Muslims, this is probably about what one would expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1%? Doesn't sound too bad, eh? But then reflect that the 7000 at the conference were 95% males aged 16 to 35. Then where are we at? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay so there are 1,000,000 males... a quarter of those are between 16 and 35? That's 250,000. 6000 of those were at the conference. That's 2.5% of all males?

1%? Doesn't sound too bad, eh? But then reflect that the 7000 at the conference were 95% males aged 16 to 35. Then where are we at? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay so there are 1,000,000 males... a quarter of those are between 16 and 35? That's 250,000. 6000 of those were at the conference. That's 2.5% of all males? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you always use this logic? First Jewish girls and now Muslim men? icon_biggrin.gif

Do you always use this logic? First Jewish girls and now Muslim men? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's important stuff for the front wheeels. Supply and demand and all that. Setting the prices. icon14.gif

Makes at least 5% of muslim males in that age group? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey good job making up random percentages with your made-up statistics </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say I'm safe in assuming far more would have liked to attend, but were prevented by circumstance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Guy From The Sunny Place:

Anyone mentioned the fact that the US did not habve a 2 minute silence.

The non-Americans do not deserve the American's silence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet met an American who can shut up for 2 mins TBH

Makes at least 5% of muslim males in that age group? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey good job making up random percentages with your made-up statistics </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say I'm safe in assuming far more would have liked to attend, but were prevented by circumstance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can come up with as many statistics as you like, but personally I would be amazed if there was that many radical muslims in the UK. I come from an area with a large muslim community, and know a lot of asian people, and 100% of them are horrified by the recent events.

Yes, there are radical muslims out there, but there are also a lot of radical white people - such as the BNP, Combat 18, the National Front and so on - and before you say it, I know they don't blow up buses but they would if they thought a load of brown people would be on it.

All communities have radical populations, lets not pretend its just british muslims. What we need to do is adress the issues why these 4 or 5 muslims decided to commit mass murder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

Yes, there are radical muslims out there, but there are also a lot of radical white people - such as the BNP, Combat 18, the National Front and so on - and before you say it, I know they don't blow up buses but they would if they thought a load of brown people would be on it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show mw where any of the groups you mention drew 7000 to a political conference, please?

Another point is they may well blow up a bus full of mulims, but they might think twice if the bus was 15% their own people, eh?

What % of the bombers weren't quiet young men, who condemned suicide attacks? I mean, I have no idea - we can only go on what those who knew them say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, one of them apparently was very ant-west even at school - I think that was the 18yr old one. And one of the other two went to Pakistan for a few months, and apparently went to one of their training camps. But yes, they probably did come across as quite 'normal'.

That's why this is going to be so difficult to stop. As long as there are greivances, such as Iraq, Palestine etc (whether that's right or wrong), terrorists will be bred, and there's not a lot we can do to stop it short of locking everyone up who utters something anti-west.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show mw where any of the groups you mention drew 7000 to a political conference, please?

Another point is they may well blow up a bus full of mulims, but they might think twice if the bus was 15% their own people, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't have any figures to hand, but I'm pretty sure BNP membership must be in the thousands, considering they have managed to get councillors elected. And fair point about the bus, but I would imagine the bombers considered non-radical muslims to be 'westernised' legitimate targets.

Actually, just found an article - in the 2004 elections, they recieved 800,000 votes. icon_eek.gif

http://www.tgwu.org.uk/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=91630&PrintFriendly=True

Actually, just found an article - in the 2004 elections, they recieved 800,000 votes. icon_eek.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are surprised? How many votes are counted as "muslim"? About the same, tbh. The difference is how many votes would the BNP poll in Pakistan, see?

You knew them?

More seriously, being disruptive in class isn't being anti western, even for a Paki.

No real grievance you can come up with can even come close to justifying blowing up civvies on the tube. Can't you understand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't use racist terms - it weakens your argument. And I agree, nothing can justify blowing up a tube. But that doesn't mean we can't examine the reasons 'why' rather than just looking for revenge.

http://www.tgwu.org.uk/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=91630&PrintFriendly=True </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaaahahaha quoting me the TGWU as a news source. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more reliable than the BNP website!

Please don't use racist terms - it weakens your argument. And I agree, nothing can justify blowing up a tube. But that doesn't mean we can't examine the reasons 'why' rather than just looking for revenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't panic mate, I have brown friends.

They've often called me a Brit, tbh. As long as the capital is there, it ain't derogatory.

For the reason why, what more could we have done to integrate these people? This is I think the fourth time I've asked this question?

It's more reliable than the BNP website! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't I point out I'd already cross referenced it with the BBC, and challenge anyone to dispute the figures?

To return to the matter at hand, I was perusing the BNP site where I was informed that 8000 muslims attended the Hizb-ut-Tahrir conference in Birmingham 2 years back. The BNP hadn't bothered to do the sums, but I'd reckon that figure places a minimum of 20,000 islamic fundamentalists in the UK, and quite possibly more than double that.

It's not good, is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why isn't it good?

Please don't use racist terms - it weakens your argument. And I agree, nothing can justify blowing up a tube. But that doesn't mean we can't examine the reasons 'why' rather than just looking for revenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've often called me a Brit, tbh. As long as the capital is there, it ain't derogatory.

For the reason why, what more could we have done to integrate these people? This is I think the fourth time I've asked this question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah that old chestnut! Try using it to a few Asians round here and see what response you get.

I'm not sure the point is integration, the point is four young men had something to say, but they felt the only way the could say it is through mass murder which is very sad. Maybe we should be looking at giving young muslims more of a voice - letting them air their greivances - then perhaps they would be less frustrated and less likely to blow people up.

Ah that old chestnut! Try using it to a few Asians round here and see what response you get.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most of them are used to me by now. icon_biggrin.gif

For the reason why, what more could we have done to integrate these people? This is I think the fourth time I've asked this question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Brit" is different. It suggests nationality, not race. "Paki" doesn't in most peoples eyes suggest a national of Pakistan, more a person of southern asian origin. Most people think it's racist and frankly it makes people who say it sound stupid and bigoted. icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most of them are used to me by now. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crikey, how long does that take. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

Why isn't it good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shall we, er, exponentiate (?) on the figures? It's like having a quarter of a million at a BNP rally. Nuremberg, anyone?

I'm not sure the point is integration, the point is four young men had something to say, but they felt the only way the could say it is through mass murder which is very sad. Maybe we should be looking at giving young muslims more of a voice - letting them air their greivances - then perhaps they would be less frustrated and less likely to blow people up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What they had to say was that we should destroy the jews and live under sharia law. **** 'em, tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by super_imps:

"Brit" is different. It suggests nationality, not race. "Paki" doesn't in most peoples eyes suggest a national of Pakistan, more a person of southern asian origin. Most people think it's racist and frankly it makes people who say it sound stupid and bigoted. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am fully aware that "Paki" is not something you call an Indian, thankyou. You can think what you like.

I'm not sure the point is integration, the point is four young men had something to say, but they felt the only way the could say it is through mass murder which is very sad. Maybe we should be looking at giving young muslims more of a voice - letting them air their greivances - then perhaps they would be less frustrated and less likely to blow people up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What they had to say was that we should destroy the jews and live under sharia law. **** 'em, tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, you misundersatnd me. A lot of british muslims have reasonable greivances such as Iraq, Palestine etc which is fair enough. Unfortunately there are radicals who take advantage of this and take them on the path these four went on Thursday.

We should be making sure that their voices are heard in the first place so that they aren't vulnerable to groups such as Al-Qaeda.

"Brit" is different. It suggests nationality, not race. "Paki" doesn't in most peoples eyes suggest a national of Pakistan, more a person of southern asian origin. Most people think it's racist and frankly it makes people who say it sound stupid and bigoted. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am fully aware that "Paki" is not something you call an Indian, thankyou. You can think what you like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But to be fair the sucide bombers weren't Pakistanis they were born and bred in Britain, so that argument really doesn't wash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheCranker:

Why isn't it good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shall we, er, exponentiate (?) on the figures? It's like having a quarter of a million at a BNP rally. Nuremberg, anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still don't see the problem. I don't see why the people attending this meeting are any different to a meeting of christian fundamentalists and they don't worry me.

Nah, you misundersatnd me. A lot of british muslims have reasonable greivances such as Iraq, Palestine etc which is fair enough. Unfortunately there are radicals who take advantage of this and take them on the path these four went on Thursday.

We should be making sure that their voices are heard in the first place so that they aren't vulnerable to groups such as Al-Qaeda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough to blow up fellow believers along with the infidels on the trains, eh?

Stop being ridiculous. There is nothing that can excuse their actions. Nothing, see?

But to be fair the sucide bombers weren't Pakistanis they were born and bred in Britain, so that argument really doesn't wash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh?

We should be making sure that their voices are heard in the first place so that they aren't vulnerable to groups such as Al-Qaeda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough to blow up fellow believers along with the infidels on the trains, eh?

Stop being ridiculous. There is nothing that can excuse their actions. Nothing, see? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are misunderstanding again! I am talking about your average British Muslim, not your radicalised Muslim. The point is making sure they don't turn into a radicalised Muslim.

I still don't see the problem. I don't see why the people attending this meeting are any different to a meeting of christian fundamentalists and they don't worry me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would they worry you if they'd flown airliners into towers? If they had made their own insane state and were busily persecuting anyone who didn't like it?

How on earth can you compare the two? I mean, I hate christians as much as the next man, but puuulease. icon13.gif

Archived