Physiotherapists

Besides Physiotherapy, what are the attributes that the game uses to distinguish between good and really good physios. People will theorize about which attribute would probably contribute but is there any official statement from SI about how they calculate physio's in the game engine?

There was a research on the dugout that showed the only attribute that actually makes a difference in injury recovery is physiotherapy.

I don't know if anything changed for FM12.

Mmm, interesting. I always thought that all the Physio did was give an estimated length of injury. The better the Physio attribute, the more accurate.

If the Physio's do aid in the recovery of players I may have to invest a little more time into looking for them!!

Mmm, interesting. I always thought that all the Physio did was give an estimated length of injury. The better the Physio attribute, the more accurate.

If the Physio's do aid in the recovery of players I may have to invest a little more time into looking for them!!

The physio reduces injury time and the risk of the injury happening in the first place aswell as rehabilliation time.

And the only stat that matters for a physio is the actual physio stat, none of the other stats matter.

The physio reduces injury time and the risk of the injury happening in the first place aswell as rehabilliation time.

And the only stat that matters for a physio is the actual physio stat, none of the other stats matter.

How are you so sure? So all you have to do is keep hiring the cheapest 20 rated physio rather than a world class one or one with high mental attributes or man management, I find that very disappointing.

How are you so sure? So all you have to do is keep hiring the cheapest 20 rated physio rather than a world class one or one with high mental attributes or man management, I find that very disappointing.

Basically yes, reputation doesn't mean a thing btw. Some world class physios only have like 13 physio stat, they get the rep based on how successful the club is that they are at and now how good he actually is. The same goes for coaches.

And as for how I know, its in the online manual, but this is how its always worked on FM.

Very interesting. How about the number of Physios?

Has anyone actually verified that?
I wouldn't know how much about whether there is any definitive but the only downside I can see of having extra physios is having to pay them. If a player is out injured, I would rather have a number of opinions to go from rather than just one. Just a personal feeling about it though.

The more physios you have, the more time they have to deal with other players. It works same way as coaches do. The less physios you have the more players he has to deal with, meaning higher workload and increasing the chances of injuries. Next time you have a few injuries ask your board for more physios and you'll see one of the things you can ask for is more to help prevent injuries or to take some of the workload.

The more physios you have, the more time they have to deal with other players. It works same way as coaches do. The less physios you have the more players he has to deal with, meaning higher workload and increasing the chances of injuries. Next time you have a few injuries ask your board for more physios and you'll see one of the things you can ask for is more to help prevent injuries or to take some of the workload.

That's perfectly rational in the real world, but in the past analysers here have pointed out that no tests have been done to show that more physios results in a healthier squad. That's what I meant by asking for verification.

In FM10 I assumed that it was my best Physio (highest physio rating) who provided me with info. until I found another of my younger Physios had developed a higher physio rating but hadn't take over this task. Going by the single physio attribute theory I was wrong to do so, or, there is something else taken into consideration.

In FM10 I assumed that it was my best Physio (highest physio rating) who provided me with info. until I found another of my younger Physios had developed a higher physio rating but hadn't take over this task. Going by the single physio attribute theory I was wrong to do so, or, there is something else taken into consideration.

I've got a feeling that it goes by reputation, albeit with absolutely no evidence other than personal experience in my games. It would make sense that the physio with the higher reputation is assumed to be the more senior though.

Archived