How I can create a new nation in FM 2012?

Eze LL

OK. So the good file could be in the "data" of your first screenshot : Mac : [username] > library > application support > Steam > steamapps >common > football manager 2014 editor> data

I got resource archiver and edited this:

<boolean id="allow_add" value="true" />
                <boolean id="allow_remove" value="false" />

But however when I open the editor - there's no add button.

Can anyone help?

On 21/10/2019 at 22:26, Monsi9958 said:

OK. So the good file could be in the "data" of your first screenshot : Mac : [username] > library > application support > Steam > steamapps >common > football manager 2014 editor> data

So, as you can see, inside the data folder, there is a basic comps folder, and inside that there is a config file. Is that what I am looking for?

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 18_Fotor.png

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 19_Fotor.png

MWFC_3 : there are several lines which are the same in the file. Are you sure you have chosen the good one ?

22 hours ago, StPauliBlade said:

So, as you can see, inside the data folder, there is a basic comps folder, and inside that there is a config file. Is that what I am looking for?

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 18_Fotor.png

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 19_Fotor.png

St Pauli : the file you need is in "format" ! Look at the beginning of this discussion.

On 30/10/2019 at 19:04, MWFC_3 said:

Was it supposed to be in the nation xml document file?

yes. But you should have that :

<!-- Continent -->

<record> <flags id="field" value="Ncti"/> <translation id="name" value="Continent" type="use" translation_id="229389"/> <flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/> <flags id="database_table_type" value="continent"/> <boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/> <boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/> <boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

The important is to have "is read only"value=false.

Edited by Monsi9958

On 29/10/2019 at 13:55, MWFC_3 said:

I got resource archiver and edited this:

<boolean id="allow_add" value="true" />
                <boolean id="allow_remove" value="false" />

But however when I open the editor - there's no add button.

Can anyone help?

what you did is the possibility to add new continents. A good idea if you want Antarctica, but it doesn't work.

On 24/10/2011 at 07:15, BigHairyAndy said:

I think what you're looking for is this:

- Go to the "Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012 editor/format/database" directory.

- Right click the nation file and select edit.

- Scroll down to the record that begins with <!-- Continent -->

- Remove the line under that heading which reads <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

That section of the file should now read like this:

<!-- Continent -->
           <record>
               <flags id="field" value="Ncti"/>
               <string id="name" value="Continent"/>
               <flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/>
               <flags id="database_table_type" value="continent"/>
               <boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>
               <boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>
           </record>

- Restart the editor.

Now, when you select a nation, you should be able to edit its continent. This will enable you to activate extinct countries by setting a continent for them. You can then edit them as normal to create your fictional country.

you need to do this.

OK. You will have to download my file. Put your nation.xml in a specific folder (in case you have a problem with mine) and put my  nation.xml in the good folder.  It's for FM19, not FM18 or 17. After that, load FM 19 Editor and normally, you will be able to change the continent of every country.

nation.xml

Edited by Monsi9958

2 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

And this is not working!?/!?!/!/1

I did download the nation xml file and put it into the database folder and I opened the editor, it didn't work. I can't change the continent.....

Did you take Monsi's file and replace your own and after that pack it into the FMF file with the resource editor again? Otherwise it won't be used by the editor.

Ok, just take the FMF file you created with the new FM19 xml in it and copy paste it to the folder you took it from. Check the size and date of it when you overwrite it. If there are no differences you still have the old file.

OK, first some things to make clear. Adding Nations in FM currently is an issue. It was possible in older versions as FM12, no longer so. The alternative is to revive one of the inactive nations like USSR or East-Germany

That is what this walkthrough describes
1. You go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data folder
2. There you have a file called comp editor.fmf
3. Make a copy of it
4. Make a second copy of it and copy it to a different place (say C:\Temp folder)
5. Use the Resource Archived (download in Steam if not available) to unpack the file
6. You will have a Comp editor Folder in your Temp folder now
7. Go in Comp Editor folder and go to the Format folder
8. Look for the database UI folder and go into that one
9. Find the Nation.xml. Open it using (for instance Notedpad or Notepad++)
10. Search for the text <!-- Continent -->. Under that block you will find 

<!-- Continent -->
<record>
    <translation id="name" value="Continent" type="use" translation_id="229389"/>
    <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>
</record>

11. Change 
    <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/> to     <boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>
Save. This means the field is now editable.
12. Go back to your Resource Archiver and click Create Archive. In the Resource Archiver go to the Comp editor. Click the folder and then click Select
13. You get a screen with the question where to save the new file archive. Select a folder and press Save (can take a while)
14. The newly created file named Comp editor can now be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data folder
15. Restart the editor and select any country. You are now able to edit the Continent.

Credits to among other Nine_Iron, Monsi9958, BigHairAndy, Unknown Hacker, because I mainly copied the steps you posted in this thread and retraced them doing it myself when writing this short walkthrough

2 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

There isn't the <--Continent--> in the nation ui.xml and I did place the new comp editor file in the temp folder because I couldn't find a way to get into %appdata%

Step 9 talks about the Nation.xml. The nation.xml is a different file than the Nation ui.xml

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 19:23, MWFC_3 said:

I want to do the same with FM 2020 Editor like FM 19 editor, does anyone have a lending hand to me?

Have you checked out my Lincs & Cambs thread? I have a CIS added to Europe file ready to go there.

• 11 months later...
On 04/11/2019 at 18:11, Monsi9958 said:

Go to the "Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012 editor/format/database" directory.

Can someone please help me. I have read through this whole thread but don't seem to be getting anywhere. I am on a PC laptop.  If I go in through Program Files there IS NO Steam option next.

If I go in through Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2021 editor, there is then no format option. I have looked in loads of other places and just cannot find this anywhere. Could someone please help me?

I have attached the two files below to show you what I get.

Someone please help!

FM21 Program Files.png

FM21 Program Files (x86).png

On 17/11/2019 at 20:05, Wolf_pd said:

OK, first some things to make clear. Adding Nations in FM currently is an issue. It was possible in older versions as FM12, no longer so. The alternative is to revive one of the inactive nations like USSR or East-Germany

That is what this walkthrough describes
1. You go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data folder
2. There you have a file called comp editor.fmf
3. Make a copy of it
4. Make a second copy of it and copy it to a different place (say C:\Temp folder)
5. Use the Resource Archived (download in Steam if not available) to unpack the file
6. You will have a Comp editor Folder in your Temp folder now
7. Go in Comp Editor folder and go to the Format folder
8. Look for the database UI folder and go into that one
9. Find the Nation.xml. Open it using (for instance Notedpad or Notepad++)
10. Search for the text <!-- Continent -->. Under that block you will find 

<!-- Continent -->
<record>
    <translation id="name" value="Continent" type="use" translation_id="229389"/>
    <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>
</record>

11. Change 
    <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/> to     <boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>
Save. This means the field is now editable.
12. Go back to your Resource Archiver and click Create Archive. In the Resource Archiver go to the Comp editor. Click the folder and then click Select
13. You get a screen with the question where to save the new file archive. Select a folder and press Save (can take a while)
14. The newly created file named Comp editor can now be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data folder
15. Restart the editor and select any country. You are now able to edit the Continent.

Credits to among other Nine_Iron, Monsi9958, BigHairAndy, Unknown Hacker, because I mainly copied the steps you posted in this thread and retraced them doing it myself when writing this short walkthrough

I am trying to follow these instructions but I am stuck at number 5. I don't have a clue how I use the Resource Archiver to unpack the file?! That is, if I have followed no 3 and 4 properly. 

Could somebody please break it down in absolute laymen's terms for me please?!

The place to be for you is the Program Files 86 folder. You can ignore the Program Files folder.

Also, you shouldn't go to the 2021 editor folder, but the 2021 folder and then the data folder. There you will find the comp editor.fmf file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2021 at 18:42, Wolf_pd said:

The place to be for you is the Program Files 86 folder. You can ignore the Program Files folder.

Also, you shouldn't go to the 2021 editor folder, but the 2021 folder and then the data folder. There you will find the comp editor.fmf file.

Only just seen this. I have got to the Comp editor file but just don't have a clue what to do after that.