I want to do some more serious reading

look at the sfraser sticky mate,you'll find most football subjects covered thoroughly.

Have to say, his posts along with Heath (for lower league) and Cleons make for great reading. Though, be aware, that they are all in a similar vien.... they teach you 'how' to play not 'tell' you how to play. YOu will have to read AND observe. In my opinion, this game can only be truely mastered (and also enjoyed to the max) when you watch games thouroughly. I watch ALL my games in full...... that is hte best way to learn.

LAM

I watch ALL my games in full...... that is hte best way to learn.

Agreed, it's best to do so, this doesn't mean you sjhould do that vby all means. not everyone has the time to dos so. You could compromise and watch some games in full, just enough to understand the Match Engine, and the way your tactics effect it.

Agreed, it's best to do so, this doesn't mean you sjhould do that vby all means. not everyone has the time to dos so. You could compromise and watch some games in full, just enough to understand the Match Engine, and the way your tactics effect it.

Well it's really the most effective way of learning something about the game and really notice what the effect of your changes are. I have started with this only a few months ago and I think my understanding of the ME grew during this time more then in all the time I was reading about it.

My game speed is very fast but well more then two games usually can't be done per day if you aren't sitting in front of the pc 24/7 that is. So yes if you want to play a game with let's say 10+ seasons then this approach isn't really a good idea.

But I suggest doing it for some time and when you think you finally have a good grasp about how all the different options do you can switch back to extended or key mode.

Every FM-er has his own style. If someone doesn't watch matches in full, it would be his/her choice and vica versa.

I agree and each to his own.....BUT how can you create a successful tactic if you don't know how it works? Everyone should watch some games especially when building a tactic so they can highlight the advantages and disadvantages of a formation. It's no wonder the people who struggle the most in the forum are the people who don't watch games in full ever. By just watching 1 game you can learn a ton of information.

Have to say, his posts along with Heath (for lower league) and Cleons make for great reading. Though, be aware, that they are all in a similar vien.... they teach you 'how' to play not 'tell' you how to play. YOu will have to read AND observe. In my opinion, this game can only be truely mastered (and also enjoyed to the max) when you watch games thouroughly. I watch ALL my games in full...... that is hte best way to learn.

LAM

i do the same. at least for pre-season and the first 15 or so games of a regular season. never go to highlights before i'm really comfortable with how things are looking watching full games

Archived