Who's the worst player you've ever managed?

Ion4

Mine has to be Jô.

In FM 2011, ManCity always proposes him as a loan or a sale at the beginning of a new game. Playing with PSG and having little to no transfer funds, but in dire need of a striker (Erding and Hoarau being shaky at best), I decided to loan him for a year.

Long story short, I cancelled the loan 5 matches in the season.

Why ? First match he misses 4 goals then when I replace him at the 65' mark, he gets angry at me for doing so. Next match I make him enter as a joker because Hoarau injured himself, and he takes a red card tackling the last defender instead of getting the ball. All that time he is angry at me for replacing him at the first match, and I cant have conversations with him because he doesnt want to. 3rd match with him (after his time off), he misses a goal opportunity, and takes a yellow card during the corner for complaining to the referee. Sensing where this is going I prepare my sub for him. Before I can do so, he takes another yellow for shoving a defender 2 minutes later.

Needless to say I got rid of him.

Maybe he is a decent player, and this was a string of bad luck, but for me it was enough to put him on my *I WILL NEVER USE THAT PLAYER EVER AGAIN* along with Trezeguet and Gourcuff.

You should have just come on here and asked, I could have told you how bad Jo is.

Mine has to be Jô.

In FM 2011, ManCity always proposes him as a loan or a sale at the beginning of a new game. Playing with PSG and having little to no transfer funds, but in dire need of a striker (Erding and Hoarau being shaky at best), I decided to loan him for a year.

Long story short, I cancelled the loan 5 matches in the season.

Why ? First match he misses 4 goals then when I replace him at the 65' mark, he gets angry at me for doing so. Next match I make him enter as a joker because Hoarau injured himself, and he takes a red card tackling the last defender instead of getting the ball. All that time he is angry at me for replacing him at the first match, and I cant have conversations with him because he doesnt want to. 3rd match with him (after his time off), he misses a goal opportunity, and takes a yellow card during the corner for complaining to the referee. Sensing where this is going I prepare my sub for him. Before I can do so, he takes another yellow for shoving a defender 2 minutes later.

Needless to say I got rid of him.

Maybe he is a decent player, and this was a string of bad luck, but for me it was enough to put him on my *I WILL NEVER USE THAT PLAYER EVER AGAIN* along with Trezeguet and Gourcuff.

These stories bring a smile to my face :D its what fm is all about, im 32 in a few weeks and i still find myself bemused at myself shaking my fist at my pc screen because my tiny pixalated big summer signing is having a mare :D

Another one of my players was a good but idiotic centre-back. I was planning on giving him a chance in the first-team until he was found partying on a Friday (2-week fine) - and then he went out partying on the very next day, too! He missed the game and I sold him for free. He later became a manager and surprisingly had good things to say about me which was a little funny. I can only imagine the press conference with the two of us...

Sadly, he managed a rubbish team who went down the same season and we never ran into each other since. But I'm sure "Partygate" is a popular legend in the Triestina dressing room nowadays, and nobody knows if it is actually true or not (except me)...

Stefan Moore on fm 05-07 cant remember which exactly but his brother went on to win the world cup with england and european cup with me (villa) while I released him after 30 games and 0 goal 0 assists and an average 4.0 rating.

Ended up playin in china and once retired ended up managing a league 2 birmingham city untill they got relegated all the way out the game.

You should have just come on here and asked, I could have told you how bad Jo is.

Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying, hahaha. I have to say that this has to be one of my biggest failure as a FM player (played since Championship Manager 2003/2004).

Luckily, this year I dont have to improve much of the team, PSG rocks !

I remembered another one:

Yohan Cabaye.

This guy is ambitious to the max. He signs with me as a rotation player (which he agrees with) but is never happy no matter what you do. He has decent stats but nothing stellar, and he thinks that he will take the starting spot from my other MC / DMC who are playing at 7.0 average (Steven Dufour and Moussa Sissoko if I remember well). A few games in the new season, he wants to be transferred blablabla. I tell him no, but when he continues to complain I agree. 3 teams, including ManU want him, and he refuses them all ! Finally with a slightly lower transfer fee he goes to Milan, where he played only 2 matches in a full season. For the record, he played cup matches, 5 out of the first 12 L1 matches, and a lot of time as a sub. So nothing to really complain about.

EDIT: In a lot of seasons I played with different teams, he usually finishes his contract with Lille, and then goes free (like Owen Hargreaves). He always disagrees with the contract salary.

Archived