Split screen

I just thought of something that could be a cracking idea. Now we've all, at some point, had one of those nail biting last day of the season where your either fighting against relegation, for a european spot, the title, play-off place or automatic promotion and so on. And i'm also sure that many of us have seen the same sort of thing on Sky Sports (or whatever sport channel gets the footy in your country) where you can be watching one game and then have a pop up window of sort appear showing a goal from another game of equal importance.

It would be nice to see on the last day of the season in game we can pick say 3-4 games that could affect our team (games being played by other title rivals, relegation foes and so on) and instead of just having the score change on the goal update window we could actually see the goal with a window just poping up or perhaps be able to play our game while also seeing whats happening in the other games around you, like match choice on Sky.

I'd only make it available on the last day of the season if it's all gone down to the wire and you have 2 or more teams fighting for the title or relelgation, could make things very very exciting.

that would be good actually.

i remember doing this IRL when rangers and celtic went into the last game of the season a few years ago.

Rangers won 6-1 at home and celtic won 4-0 at killie.

had two tis in the middle of the room - one on bbc 1 for the gers and another with bbc2 on the tims game

Whilst it would be a good idea there would be some who would say its not realistic. Managers don't watch other games the same day they are playing they get the news from the fans reactions who are listening to radios in the crowd

I knew someone would say that. However, do managers watch games from TV view? Do they have the option to watch from different camera angles? And despite what managers say we all know they have someone sat in the back room watching Sky for the other results.

Fact is when it comes to actually watching a game in FM we are viewing it from an armchair fan's perspective. If your reasoning is it's unrealistic then we should remove the replay option from the match engine as managers don't have that either.

Whilst it would be a good idea there would be some who would say its not realistic. Managers don't watch other games the same day they are playing they get the news from the fans reactions who are listening to radios in the crowd

There needs to be a line between realism and entertainment, and from an entertainment point of view - this idea would be brilliant. Let's not forget that it is only a game, and although I'd like the game to be as realistic as possible it still has to be fun at the same time.

Like I said its a great idea, I would like it becuase it would help international managers aswell because instead of just picking one match to watch from your assistants fixture list you could pick two because I know that cappello did it not long after he took over, where he would watch about 80 mins of the 12 o'clock kick off and then watch a 3 o'clock kick off I'd like to see that come in.

Like I said its a great idea, I would like it becuase it would help international managers aswell because instead of just picking one match to watch from your assistants fixture list you could pick two because I know that cappello did it not long after he took over, where he would watch about 80 mins of the 12 o'clock kick off and then watch a 3 o'clock kick off I'd like to see that come in.

There is that, my idea focused mainly on those epic last day of the season situations where from a TV point of view we'd be watching one game and have a small pop up window, or just a split screen option showing the action of your main rival on the last day of the season. This idea could open up alot of different options but it would make the last day of the season even more exciting.

I only mentioned it for the last day of the season as that's the only real time you see it, oh and in the last group stage game of the champions league. It's not something you tend to see all season long but it could work in many different situations.

Could also make for some amazing youtube video's and perhaps aid in a really good story on the forum.

Archived