Youth Recruitment Network

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Closet American then...

O you Brits and your soccer. I understand why you cling to Rooney like a bad STD...

I agree that importance should be made dynamic. I get tired of seeing the same countries produce the same level talent every year. I'm in the year 2051 and are yet to see England boast a Messi quality player. I mean surely England wouldn't go 40 years without a world-class superstar? Or would they?

O you Brits and your soccer. I understand why you cling to Rooney like a bad STD...

I agree that importance should be made dynamic. I get tired of seeing the same countries produce the same level talent every year. I'm in the year 2051 and are yet to see England boast a Messi quality player. I mean surely England wouldn't go 40 years without a world-class superstar? Or would they?

...I'm an Australian...

I've been trying to mess around with this in my game, now have the SPL up to 5th in the rankings, my Aberdeen team are 4th in Europe (dam you man city beating me every year in the champs league semi finals!!!) but i still cannot improve my youth recruitment network!! I have a higher rep than Celtic and Rangers now but they both have better recruitment than i do, no amount of success seems to make a difference. I have been quite lucky in my 17 years managing the dons i have 3 fully home grown players, with a new one through last season, although he needs a LOT of work, but i really want to just focus on bringing through my own players. Oh and Scotland are sitting 7th in the world rankings. Would i have to improve Scotland as a nation more before it would change or is it just tied into clubs success/rep?

• 4 weeks later...

I think there are a few things that factor when a countries youth is involved. I think they are match importance, league rep, development level, population. You may get the leagues rep to rival the EPL but if the population is small then I feel the intake will be small. I also think that regens are based on retirements in the game.

i should add, finally after 22 seasons the board agreed to increase this, it has now gone from above average to established, i havent had any regens since it upgraded but im hoping for a few more success stories, only 4 useable players in 22 seasons which is a bit disapointing, although i did sell a few who have gone onto better things than i expected.

But did you have to edit anything with FMRTE to achieve that(the importance factor) ?

It's very interesting that it can be upgraded even if it's after so many years.

No didnt edit anything to push that through, it has just taken an age to increase my rep to an acceptable level, i have no idea if it gets tied into the leagues rep as well, or if the clubs rep rises quicker because of the leagues rep.

Its mainly tied in to Club Reputation. I had a 20 year save as Dinamo in Croatia. So I already had a nice network, the best in the league. It was only when I won Champions League which gives the club a massive REPUTATION boost of about 1000 or so . However, if you are a smaller club its much easier to improve the network. The thing is your Youth Recruitment Network is governed by characteristics of the nation as well (population and popularity). So with Dinamo it was only massive success that improved it, with say, Rodengo (Italian C2) you will regularly be able to improve this as you climb the leagues until you reach the levels of your Juventus', Inter Milans' etc. What people dont consider is how rare it is for ANY academy to produce even 1 or 2 WORLDCLASS footballers. I'll try put it in perspective as I think this area of the game isnt actually too bad, peoples expectations are just too high. Here are some examples of real life sides and academy products to the best of my knowledge.

Arsenal - Famed for their Youth Policy. The reality is that their only (potentially) world class ENGLISH player of the last 10 years would be Wilshere.

Man United - Had the Golden Generation (Neville Bros, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs). All from the academy I believe. Since then not much.

Shakhtar Donetsk - Massively rich and invested hugely in Youth, Chygrynsky would be their best product. Nobody world class.

I think we expect world class players to pop up every year but thats not real. Arsenal for their faith in Youth typically poach young talent and develop it themselves rather than it starting out there. Shakhtar are the best comparison to the Hungarian side mentioned above. The have money, have achieved success but this doesnt mean their academy is going to turn up a Shevchenko every year, it just increases the odds of it happening.

Archived