s_92947_2470_2010_1.jpg

Sergi Gómez

Full Name: Sergi Gómez Solà

DOB: 28/03/1992

Nationality: Spanish

Current Club: Barcelona

Position(s): DC

Value: Around £1.5m at the start of the game

Gómez arrived in FC Barcelona's youth academy at the age of 14. Even though he appeared in only three league games for the B team in the 2009–10 season, he would later play an essential role in the Catalonia side's Segunda División successful promotion play-offs, after injury to another youth graduate, Andreu Fontàs. On 13 August 2010, as first-team manager Josep Guardiola provided Barça's Spanish internationals with needed rest, Gómez was included in the nineteen-man squad to face Sevilla FC in the first leg of the season's Spanish Supercup. He made his official competitive debut in that game, a 1–3 away loss, playing the full ninety minutes.

Here is a screenshot of Gómez at the start of the game:

SergiGomez2010.png

As you can see, he has some good stats for a 17 year old. I signed him at the start of the 2012/13 season for my Man Utd team for £3m (I'm not sure how much he costs at the start of the game, but I can't see him being too expensive.

Here is what he currently looks like in February 2013:

SergiGomez2013.png

As you can see, he has improved a lot in only a couple of years, his tackling, marking, heading and concentration (all important stats for a DC) have all improved, some of these increases are thanks to him being tutored by Rio Ferdinand, but others are just because of natural progression. As you can see, he is only 20 in the screenshot above and therefore still has the chance to improve his stats even more.

Has anybody had any experience with Gómez? If not, he is well worth a look at.

Had no experience with him but he has developed nicely there. Shame he isn't a little bit stronger. I find that with a long of young dc's though. They either have terrible heading or terrible strength :D

Jesus, what happened to his anticipation and positioning!!! Those are the two things I'm working on at the moment, but dear god! I think I prefer the first screenshot to the developed one...
he starts out with a bunch of random attributes, so he wont look the same in every save

I signed him in the first January transfer window (I'm Arsenal) & loaned him to Celta for the rest of that season. I used him as back up in season 2 behind Vermaelen and Phil Jones and he has progressed steadily. I plan to get Vermaelen to tutor him this season and involve him more first team games, he played around 20 in all comps last season and looked pretty solid overall. Definite star in the making :thup:

Here he is again in my save, a couple of years on from my last screenshot of him, his positioning and anticipation has improved but all other stats have pretty much stayed the same, I think he is pretty much at his full potential now:

SergiGmezProfile_Attributes.png

Archived