TBHs best 442 - My Old FM09 Tactics - Now converted for FM11 - Suited for underdogs !

hello om playing ass goteborg in sweden... im about to start 3 season.. won allsvenskan the second season and the swedish cup... but this season i tying to get in to the group stage to CL.. so should i use attacking tactic in leauge and standard away? and Cautious tactic in CL aganst good team`?

Hi TBH,

Tested your set of tactics over the last 2 seasons with Clyde and won back 2 back promotions with very average players. I really like the balance and shape of the side and how dangerous set pieces are.

I have just taken over Werder Bremen and with much better players the tactic seems to be even better although only played friendlies. The only negative seems to be defending corners against certain sides but i think that's more their good headers than a flaw with the tactic.

I normally start with standard and then change according to the match situation.

Hi TBH,

Tested your set of tactics over the last 2 seasons with Clyde and won back 2 back promotions with very average players. I really like the balance and shape of the side and how dangerous set pieces are.

I have just taken over Werder Bremen and with much better players the tactic seems to be even better although only played friendlies. The only negative seems to be defending corners against certain sides but i think that's more their good headers than a flaw with the tactic.

I normally start with standard and then change according to the match situation.

Sounds like they are doing the trick for you. have you made any tweak to the tactic to suit your players or are your using them as they are ?

Hi, TBH

I have not tweaked any of the tactics just use different tactics depending on the opposition. Finding it a little tougher with Bremen but still haven't acquired the players i need.

Will keep u posted.

Tried this tactic hoping it would get me back into Football Manager 11, and although I'm not far in the season at all, here is my first result:

dortmundvhsvsplitview.png

Only the formation is on 'fluid' in match preparation, HSV are expected to finish two places above us and we had players such as Sahin, Gotze and Lewandowski out through injury, I guess you could say this is a brilliant result.

Hope there is more to come from the tactic, looking very promising right now! :thup:

Using 'standard' tactic by the way!

CAUTIOUS WIDE 4231

- SUITED FOR MOST TEAMS ACTUALLY

Download Link

This version, using a flat 4, 2 MCs, 2 AMR/L, a AMC and a single FC, was initially made for my Crystal Palace team. I have also used the AMC in the MC position with equal result ( even though the flow of the game game is more boring)

The Back 4 are the same as in the 442. In midfield, we are using a limited ballwinner in MCleft, positioned higher up in the filed, breaking up attacks. In the MCr spot, we use a player moving into channels from deep and in AMC, its you average attacking AMC, looking to move into channels and have either a go at goal or setup one of the other attacking players. In the wing position, we have similar players to the AMC, only now they are AMR/L. Up front, we use a stronger and intelligent linkman, If he is slow, lacking in decision and cant score, well, then you have a problem ( not only with this tactic though)

Have been using your 4-4-2 for the last four seasons with my Norwich side. Won the league, Uefa cup, charity shield, Super cup (smashed barca 4-1 somehow) and the league cup. At least semis in everything else. Lost the league by 1 point last season, was 1st until Man City scored in the last minute and won their game, d'oh. Having an odd time with strikers. Signed the Brazilian Neymar(21 league games 18 goals) and he was amazing. Board accepted 24m in Jan for him. Signed a Brazilian regen (33 League games 28 goals) for 20m then the board accepted a 54m bid for him, signed another Brazilian regen (32 league games 25 goals) and now all the big boys are offering 35m. So far he's still mine but soon enough i'll be after another brazilian wonderkid! Be nice if one was able to settle!

It's getting a little stale so i will try your 4-2-3-1 and see how that goes!

Have been using your 4-4-2 for the last four seasons with my Norwich side. Won the league, Uefa cup, charity shield, Super cup (smashed barca 4-1 somehow) and the league cup. At least semis in everything else. Lost the league by 1 point last season, was 1st until Man City scored in the last minute and won their game, d'oh. Having an odd time with strikers. Signed the Brazilian Neymar(21 league games 18 goals) and he was amazing. Board accepted 24m in Jan for him. Signed a Brazilian regen (33 League games 28 goals) for 20m then the board accepted a 54m bid for him, signed another Brazilian regen (32 league games 25 goals) and now all the big boys are offering 35m. So far he's still mine but soon enough i'll be after another brazilian wonderkid! Be nice if one was able to settle!

It's getting a little stale so i will try your 4-2-3-1 and see how that goes!

Sounds like a good journey you have made. what versions have you been using ?. Standard, cautious, more attacking or have you been switching between them ?

Pretty much used cautious unless i was home against a small side. Sometimes switched to attacking in last 20mins if i was chasing a win.

After having used the Wide 4231, I think I am going to tweak the Cautious 442 into a Wide Diamond as I am in love with both the Flat 442 and my current AMC setting. Will report back and tell you how it goes

This may be what I'm looking for, anyone tried it with a big club.

I'm on the look out for a 4-4-2 for my Roma side.

I have tried the cautious version with big clubs( arsenal and Porto) and it works really, really good. Mind you, its not the sexiest way to win matches, kind of boring approach but it does win titles :D

Gonna give it a try and see what happens. I've been at Roma for 2 years now and all I've won is the Italian Cup twice, I need to start winning the title and really pushing for Champions League.

Gonna give it a try and see what happens. I've been at Roma for 2 years now and all I've won is the Italian Cup twice, I need to start winning the title and really pushing for Champions League.

+1

But I have a big problem with my Juve team. We finished league on 5-th place in last 2 seasons. I'll try to use 4-4-2 tactics. I hope it'll work for me.

TBH

what results have you had yourself with your new 4-2-3-1 tactic?

Steve

I have only used his tactic with Crystal Palace for the 2nd half of the first season in 2010/2011 and a few macthes in the 2nd season 2011/2012 but results have been rather good I think

2010/2011

fix1i.png

2011/2012

fix2j.png

Current Line-up

fix3.png

What version have you been using ? ( switching ingame, pregame or just using one of them)

Friendly: Standard (Ass. Manager)

Home: Standard *

Away: Cautious

* depending on the match odds

My lineup:

D.Welbeck - F.Campbell

K.Richardson - L.Cattermole - J.Henderson - J.S.Park

P.Bardsley - A.Ferdinand - M.Turner - J.Samuel

S.Mignolet **

** C.Gordon still not ready

Archived