How To Play FM07: Tactical Design and Management Strategy

They won't hug the line because of the free-role instructions in the Poss-Control sets and the narrow width in the others, but they should get involved a lot with play, sometimes staying wide, sometimes moving inside to let the FB overlap. I managed England for a few seasons and found Downing particularly effective. I would expect a rating of 7.2-7.7 depending on player quality, 8-12 goals and 12-16 assists.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

@ GRE23: Having looked at Abramvic's Ai thread, the AI (even in its most attacking formations) has FCs on mixed FWRs. Try to place both on mixed and see if it helps. Th Ai also undoubtedly closes down with its most defensive formations, so your theory holds water.

Oppostion Instructions

I don't use them, but there is an excellent thread on opposition instructions at FMB.

@ BaseLine9: The AI will nearly always change after a goal is scored. your job is to counter that change. If you are a massively superior side the countering is less important than if you are an average one. A lot of Ai chanegs are obvious (short farows to long farrows) but some are hidden. Keep an eye on the quality of AI chance, the passing and poszsession stats, and you should learn where and when to be more cautious and more attacking. If you pick the right method, the goals will come. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wwfan

I started a new game this time man utd (flat 442), am afraid the tactics are not working for me (Am doing ok-ish – not amazing though). The AI always scores after I have scored (even after I combat there tactic with one in the set or just go above me at the start) more often than not even though my passing and possession %s are slightly the AI seems to have the upper hand in the highlights. Or I can never get above the AI passing and possession (More so away)

I have one question though, should a base my tactics purely on the AI formations and tactics regardless of home or away EG if I was away to Newcastle against 442 short farrows I should combat with attack right from the word go?

I think that’s where I maybe going wrong – If am Away I always start with counter or possession – home attack or control

Cheers, hope you can help

Base

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arsenal71:

Hi wwfan, i wonder if you could answer these questions for me. I am the arsenal by the way and i want to use these tactics to create a smooth attacking formations at home and away.

1) We dont cross the ball much irl, so would switching the cross ball ofter on FB and wingers to medium affect the effectiveness of these tactics?

2) Would switching the cross ball to (area) affect these tactics? You have the right sided players to far post for FCL but he rarely is in the box as he has runs to mixed. Surely if he is supposed to get in the box to recive the cross he should have them to often as with the FCR.

3) Would i benefit from giving the FB rwb often if they have high stats in Dribbling?

4) You have your wingers cross from sides, what affect would switching them to mixed have on the tactic?

5)If your MCa does not have a lot of pace eg cesc, would it be better to have him fw mixed? I also use him as the playmaker. I just thought that having him stay in that position may get more out of him. I play berty next to him and is solid so do not want to move cesc to MCd. Also What affect would taking off hard tackling have on the MCa? If he is the playmaker surely you want him to have space and not close down as well.

Please give me a head up on the above if you have tested this area. You may have tested the tactic with most combinations so im looking for a few results on them if you have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) I don't know but it would be an interesting experiment. You may also have to switch pass focus from 'flanks'.

2) He does get in the box and is often higher up the pitch than his strike partner. The settings allow him to drop deeper to pick up balls/flick them on/make a creative pass but don't stop him from getting into the area. My 'wonderkid' FCL is now old enough and experienced enough to be first choice at FCL (good in the air plus great flair/creativity) and he is destroying defences single-handedly.

FCL is the most interesting position in my game and the only one in which I haven't had an obvious first-choice player for. I have alternated between a scorer of great goals who is a proven big match performer (against the big sides and for finals/semis), a goal-poacher for smaller sides and the 'wonderkid' for experience. In my current season the 'wonderkid' started my first home game and scored six and hasn't looked back since, so I may finally have a regular for the position, but a variety of different player types seem to work there. The only guy who doesn't perform in that position is my first-choice FCR. At FCR he is magnificent and the best one-on-one finisher I have ever seen. If his first touch takes him diagonally forward he scores pretty much every time. However, at FCL he rarely finds the net.

3) Don't see why not.

4) It would deepen their crossing (easier to get cross in but easier to defend). If you have a dominant target man it may be useful. If not I probably wouldn't do it.

5) My playmaker isn't fast (12, 12) but is phenomenal as the MCR. He was equally phenomenal as MCL. It would be an interesting experiment to have him CD rarely and not tackle.

@ BaseLine9: When do they tend to score and when do you change your tactics? Immediately after scoring or later in the match?

Need a Little help icon_frown.gif i downloaded your tactic set but wow they are really not working for my team... in the set there was documentation with them basicually showin where to use then sort of like this...

Fav @ home-Homeatt

Nobody clear fav-442home

Goin to get battered-home def

Away

Fav-442homedef

no clear fav=442attackaway

other team clear fav-442 away

right thats basicually how it was set out.. but i've tried it this way but lose 5-0 to 23rd in the league.... 4-0 to a team no far from bottom... and im yet to win, i know my team is poor but am i doin something else wrong aswell?

It's a set form an older thread I believe, but anyways...

Try to stick to the Home (mentality 14-19 from memory) for home games and Away or AwayAtt for away games depending on the difficulty of the opposition. That should help a little.

The other option is to dl the tactics from this thread, which are a little better although customed to higher level sides..

whats the likely hood of them working for a midtable league 2 side? i have just use 442homedef against swindon in the johnstones paint s final losing 2-0 from first leg and turned it round 3-2 on agg pleased with thaticon_smile.gif

try 442home instead of the homeatt or homedef for home games?

hi wwfan been using this tactic set been going well second with fiorentia after half a season.

just wanted to ask a few questions to improve my teams performance

1. how should i play when the team has a formation with on side arrows on strikers

2. and how should i play against 4-2-3-1

Thanks in advance

WWFan - I am about to try out your Play FM tactic set. Will these tactics work without a target man ie using two stikers who aren't good in the air but are either fast or skillful? eg Rooney and Saha, Eto'o and Saviola)

@ Stella: You pick the tactic for the match. Opposition formation and pre-match odds are the key, rather than home and away. Obviously, you play more cautiously away though.

@ Knglake: Again it will depend on home/away. I would use attack or control at home, possession or counter away, depending on morale, pre-match odds.

@ CREW: I actually think using a TM would harm the control version, so yes, it will work fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arsenal71:

Hi wwfan, i wonder if you could answer these questions for me. I am the arsenal by the way and i want to use these tactics to create a smooth attacking formations at home and away.

1) We dont cross the ball much irl, so would switching the cross ball ofter on FB and wingers to medium affect the effectiveness of these tactics?

2) Would switching the cross ball to (area) affect these tactics? You have the right sided players to far post for FCL but he rarely is in the box as he has runs to mixed. Surely if he is supposed to get in the box to recive the cross he should have them to often as with the FCR.

3) Would i benefit from giving the FB rwb often if they have high stats in Dribbling?

4) You have your wingers cross from sides, what affect would switching them to mixed have on the tactic?

5)If your MCa does not have a lot of pace eg cesc, would it be better to have him fw mixed? I also use him as the playmaker. I just thought that having him stay in that position may get more out of him. I play berty next to him and is solid so do not want to move cesc to MCd. Also What affect would taking off hard tackling have on the MCa? If he is the playmaker surely you want him to have space and not close down as well.

Please give me a head up on the above if you have tested this area. You may have tested the tactic with most combinations so im looking for a few results on them if you have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) I don't know but it would be an interesting experiment. You may also have to switch pass focus from 'flanks'.

2) He does get in the box and is often higher up the pitch than his strike partner. The settings allow him to drop deeper to pick up balls/flick them on/make a creative pass but don't stop him from getting into the area. My 'wonderkid' FCL is now old enough and experienced enough to be first choice at FCL (good in the air plus great flair/creativity) and he is destroying defences single-handedly.

FCL is the most interesting position in my game and the only one in which I haven't had an obvious first-choice player for. I have alternated between a scorer of great goals who is a proven big match performer (against the big sides and for finals/semis), a goal-poacher for smaller sides and the 'wonderkid' for experience. In my current season the 'wonderkid' started my first home game and scored six and hasn't looked back since, so I may finally have a regular for the position, but a variety of different player types seem to work there. The only guy who doesn't perform in that position is my first-choice FCR. At FCR he is magnificent and the best one-on-one finisher I have ever seen. If his first touch takes him diagonally forward he scores pretty much every time. However, at FCL he rarely finds the net.

3) Don't see why not.

4) It would deepen their crossing (easier to get cross in but easier to defend). If you have a dominant target man it may be useful. If not I probably wouldn't do it.

5) My playmaker isn't fast (12, 12) but is phenomenal as the MCR. He was equally phenomenal as MCL. It would be an interesting experiment to have him CD rarely and not tackle.

@ BaseLine9: When do they tend to score and when do you change your tactics? Immediately after scoring or later in the match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will do the adjustments that I have proposed and let you know how it goes. I want to create free flowing fb. looking at the way your tactics work out in match day i feel sometimes it look too riged. I have an updated version or 06 set that seems to flow much better for some reason. Most notable difference is the CF on FB's and also passing through the middle. Obviously crossing "mixed" and "from" on mixed on FB and wingers. It plays very nice short passing. Tempo is slow like the Control tactic. Includes the Playmaker (cesc).

my opponents seem to get a lot of goal scoring opportunities when my goalkeeper plays a long ball to the opponents half.. mainly because my strikers are poor headers, anyone else having the same problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cellz:

my opponents seem to get a lot of goal scoring opportunities when my goalkeeper plays a long ball to the opponents half.. mainly because my strikers are poor headers, anyone else having the same problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have that problem too! The only way to get around it, that I can think of is to make your GK pass to the full-backs. Although that could be risky!

So, I am looking for an answer too icon_smile.gif

If it is happening with the Control tactic try deepening the d-line to first notch normal or last notch deep. As all my defenders are fast I tend to set the d-lines high. Dropping them by two-three notches in all the tactics may help.

WWFan - Just a quick question. On waht page are your directions on how to use the Play FM tactics ie what to use home, away, in certain situations etc if there is one coz I can't find it?

by the way is the 10-men tactic when your team is playing with 10 men or when the opposition is playing with 10 men? cause i have used it when my team had a player sent off and the results were simply amazing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The other option is to dl the tactics from this thread, which are a little better although customed to higher level sides.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They still work in lower leagues though..

I am doing dafuge's challenge and using these tactics with AFC Wimbleton and I am 3rd in Conf. South in January.

I use the Defend Tactic all the time,unless I am chasing a goal, but use very direct passing, and aimed at TM, to make up for lack of quality passing in the team, and it's working, but can the short passing still work, even with a terrible team

WWFan - I've found the part that tells you how to use the tactic now.

I just have a couple of queries

This is what you posted (Don't know how to quote sorry):-

How I have to play when I play:

Home:

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow: Attack

Teams With Short Farrow: Attack

Teams Without Farrow: Control

The Flat 4-4-2: Control

Against Other Formations:

Teams With Long Farrow: Attack

Teams With Short Farrow: Attack

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation: Control

Away:

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow: Possession/Counter

Teams With Short Farrow: Possession/Counter/Attack

Teams With Long Farrow: Same as Above

Teams With Short Farrow: Same as Above

Teams Without Farrow: Same as Above

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation: Same as Above

Default (Final):

Against 4-4-2:

Teams With Long Farrow: Attack/Possession/Counter

Teams With Short Farrow: Attack/Possession

Teams With Long Farrow

Teams With Short Farrow

Teams Without Farrow

Teams With 4-2-4 Formation: Counter/Defend

My questions:-

1. When you say "Same as above" do you mean use the same tactics as the Away '442' or the same as the Home 'Other formations' ones coz I'm a bit confused.

2. I noticed for the default venue suggested tactics you left some of the 'Against other formations' ones blank except for the 424 one which you suggested usig counter or defend. Does this mean that you are not sure about this or are you suggesting you should use counter or defend against all teams playing anything other than a 442 at a default venue?

Sorry if all this has already been cleared up but I can't find it and just don't want to use the wrong ones and mess up my season.

If anyone else can help that would be great. icon_smile.gif

The 10-man tactic is supposed to be utilised when playing against 10 men. I never figured for it working with 10 men. Shows what I know!

As for picking the right tactic, it does hugely depend on your squad quality and pre-match odds as well as opposition formation. If you have the best team around, Control for all home matches, Possession or Control away against poorer sides, Counter against better ones. The less strong your team, the more often you will have to chose tactics from the defensive end of the spectrum. In order, most attacking first:

Control

Attack

Possession

Counter

Defend

It's more a matter of you using your judgement than me being able to give explicit advice on what to pick. Keep a sharp eye on match stats and quality of opposition chance. If the opposition look like scoring and the match stats are against you, change the system. If you are dominating, stay as is. After 10-15 minutes of a match it is pretty easy to see if you have made the right choice.

after being sacked from Feyenoord St. Etiene offered me a job and in the first season using you tactis as directed I have transformed a relegation battling team into a 4th place finisher... thanks u wwfan you have made my WWSM experience much happier

No, they are my revised set, but they don't have all the revisions I talk about. On occasions I suggest tweaks and changes I have made in my game which seem to lead to better performance.

I.e. adding a playmaker, deepening d-line etc

I'm using Deadly Devices tactics at the moment with Liverpool with Klose and Villa up front and their to successful to change but I maight give these a go against the other top 4 (Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham) coz I struggle to get a good result against these at their grounds, particularly arenal.

Anyone had any success against the top teams away with these tactics, perhaps with Liverpool? Ifo so which ones worked best?

I'm just thinking if I use the tactic that I'm currently using and then change to one of these ones on the day I play one of these teams away then I will take them by suprise (Hopefully).

Tried the defend tactic at the Emirates = Two nil down in ten minutes.

Switched to the Counter = Scored two

They scored one more, then I scored from a corner to make it 3-3

They scored in the last five minutes to win 4-3

Overall = This and every other tactic I've tried doesn't work at the Emirates

Do you expect to win every match? You pushed them all the way and it 'doesn't work at the Emirates'!! The Defend tactic was obviously the wrong choice as it shipped in two quick goals. It's certainly not how I would have started in a big four clash. Imagine if you had started with the Counter. It may have been a different story?

in away game against liverpool i won 5-1 with Nottm Forest in my 1st premiership season.. i used the defend tactic the whole game even tho they scored the first goal at very early stage of the match.. also i managed to beat chelsea in carling cup final 3-0 using posession and switching to defend when i scored 3rd goal.. also won UEFA cup and beat arsenal 3-2 in the supercup thing as they won the championsleague.. i used counter tactic there till the last 10 minutes when i switched to defend

WWFan. I'm gonna give your tactics a go sttaight from the start of a new season but can I just ask you what tactic/s would you use in the following situations as Liverpool.

VS Man United @ Home = ?

VS Man United Away = ?

VS Man United In Final/Neutral = ?

VS Arsenal @ Home = ?

VS Arsenal Away = ?

VS Arsenal In Final/Neutral = ?

VS Chelsea @ Home = ?

VS Chelsea Away = ?

VS Chelsea In Final/Neutral = ?

These are just the games I really struggle with and I think if I can just get a draw or a win from all of these games then winning the Prem will be a cake walk.

I wasn't having a go at your tactics just at my luck as they seem to work really well against other teams it's just Arsenal I struggle against but like you said perhaps I chose the wrong one.

I will chuck my two cents in here.

You should have tough games v. these opponents.

As Man U., I am usually cautious v. the other three whether I am home or away. Here is how I have done it using these tactics with a lot of success.

Key: Use the pregame odds to make your decision:

AWAY

Heavily Favored (never going to happen) - still start with Possession

Favored - Possession

Slightly Favored or Even - Possession/Counter

Dogs - Counter

Heavy Dogs - Defensive

HOME

Heavy Fav - Attack/Possession/Control

Fav - Attack

Even - Possession

Dogs - Counter

Heavy Dogs - Counter

But then make sure you watch what is going on during the match closely and adjust if necessary.

Ex. If I am playing Counter Away, I am not expecting much better than 46% or so possession of the ball. But when I see it is higher, then I know that I am playing well and will likely switch to Possession. In the reverse, where my possession is really bad, I may go Defensive. And, where I am comfy, I just leave it.

Lastly, I have found little luck trying to worry about Chelsea's formation. They attack or defend like crazy from the same set with arrows, or no arrows or whatever. I really try to focus on what the match is telling me with them and hope I make the right decisions.

With Arsenal, I have found that Possession is very effective v. them. Don't know why, but it tends to clamp them down and put pressure on their back line. I basically own them home and away.

Cheers Jablome.

I have just played Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

I played the Counter tactic but made modifications by moving the Def Line to 2 notches and putting back arrows on the Full Backs.

We won two nil and the only chances they had seemed to be from set pieces.

I saved my game before this match however coz I wanted to see if this was not just a fluke. I reloaded the game two more times. The first thime we won 4 - 3 and the second time we won 4 - 2. SO it appears that the counter tactic with these modifications will work at a neutral ground against arsenal. Well done WWFan icon_biggrin.gif

Using the tactics for the last couple of games secured me the Premiership with the Control tactic allowing me to urinate all over Everton 5 - 0 on the last game of the season. So I've now won the quadruple in my first season at Liverpool.

Now I'll give this a go at the emirates next season with my new signings Kaka, Alves, Chivu, Vidic and Ustari. What position would Kaka play best in these tactics?

BTW. A tactic I have destroyed Chelsea with (Although only at home and in the Final of the Champs League) 3 times this season is Deadly Devices Home tactic. It requires a strong target man however (I have Miroslav Klose)

CREW

Look at the MC's mentalities, and whichever one is more attacking, make that one Kaká, and move him to AM, and move the other MC to DM.

I did this with Kaká in my old Man United save, and he scored 19 goals, January to the end of the season

I'n not surprised Defend worked first season in the premiership. That's what it was designed for. It took me a while to get it right, but if you are constantly heavy underdogs, Defend should give you a chance. If you are only slight underdogs it is probably too defensive until the opposition go to a 4-2-4.

Now I have a dominant squad, I tend to use Control at home all the time, and switch between Control, Possession and Counter Away depending on the odds and opponent's league position.

If heavily favoured and they start defensively, Control.

If heavily favoured and they start normal, Possession.

If slightly favoured against a mid-lower table side, Possession.

If slightly favoured against a top side, Counter.

I don't think I have been an underdog all season. If I were I'd nearly always start with Counter. As Jablome says, the possession stats (and passing stats) are key in realizing if you should keep the same tactic, or possibly go more attacking/defensive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CREW:

Cheers

Where do you think is the best position for Kaka in these tactics mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MCr, though you'll have loads of fun from Kaká specifically by playing him at AMC (drag down the FCr). I can tell you that from my own experience with Kaká. Do what I said, and watch him dribble through half the pitch and score icon_biggrin.gif

I'n not surprised Defend worked first season in the premiership. That's what it was designed for. It took me a while to get it right, but if you are constantly heavy underdogs, Defend should give you a chance. If you are only slight underdogs it is probably too defensive until the opposition go to a 4-2-4.

Now I have a dominant squad, I tend to use Control at home all the time, and switch between Control, Possession and Counter Away depending on the odds and opponent's league position.

If heavily favoured and they start defensively, Control.

If heavily favoured and they start normal, Possession.

If slightly favoured against a mid-lower table side, Possession.

If slightly favoured against a top side, Counter.

I don't think I have been an underdog all season. If I were I'd nearly always start with Counter. As Jablome says, the possession stats (and passing stats) are key in realizing if you should keep the same tactic, or possibly go more attacking/defensive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you been able to play one of the big four using Control? I have yet to accomplish that feat. I find that they counter too well against it by jumping a pass and quick striking me to death. I shy away from it and prefer Possession to control the pace and get some solid chances.

Obviously, I am happy to Control just about anyone else except maybe Spurs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CREW:

Cheers Jablome.

I have just played Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

I played the Counter tactic but made modifications by moving the Def Line to 2 notches and putting back arrows on the Full Backs.

We won two nil and the only chances they had seemed to be from set pieces.

I saved my game before this match however coz I wanted to see if this was not just a fluke. I reloaded the game two more times. The first thime we won 4 - 3 and the second time we won 4 - 2. SO it appears that the counter tactic with these modifications will work at a neutral ground against arsenal. Well done WWFan icon_biggrin.gif

Using the tactics for the last couple of games secured me the Premiership with the Control tactic allowing me to urinate all over Everton 5 - 0 on the last game of the season. So I've now won the quadruple in my first season at Liverpool.

Now I'll give this a go at the emirates next season with my new signings Kaka, Alves, Chivu, Vidic and Ustari. What position would Kaka play best in these tactics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like it is working out. I love these tactics. WWFAN has done terrific things here.

And, I guess if you are playing Liverpool that urniating on Everton is always joyous!

Cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jablome:

Have you been able to play one of the big four using Control? I have yet to accomplish that feat. I find that they counter too well against it by jumping a pass and quick striking me to death. I shy away from it and prefer Possession to control the pace and get some solid chances.

Obviously, I am happy to Control just about anyone else except maybe Spurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Before using these tactics, my home tactic that I used for Man Utd was a control-like tactic. I used it in every home game, and in my most recent (3rd) season I won every home game inc. cup competitions.

In away games, even against good teams I would use a possession approach, but defensive worked well too. Maybe I needed a go-between and should have used a 'counter' type tactic more often icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pody257:

could someone post the counter and defend tactic file please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The download link on page one has them.

@Jablome.

Yep it certainly is and extermely easy in these game I've found.

@Benoit

So you think MCr is best for Kaka then?

What do you mean by drag back the FCr. Do you mean move the FCr position back into AMC or just have a back arrow going from FCr to AMC?

Do you change any of the individual player instuctions or will thwe ones in place suit him? It just seems to me that Kaka isn't meant for a central midfield position and would suit a more advanced role.

Cheers for the advice I'll give it a try

About to play Chelsea in the community shield at the start of the second season. The match report says I'm slight favourites.

They are using the 4-1-3-2 (No arrows) formation with 4 DCS, 1 DMC,3Mcs and 2 Stikers, although they seem to only use Drogba in a squad rotation system so he probably won't start.

My best lineup with these tactics (although Kaka is injured and Villa is banned) is this:-

----------Klose----Bellamy--------

----------------------------------

Gonzalez--Alonso--Gerrard--Pennant

Chivu-----Vidic--Carracgher--Alves

--------------Ustari--------------

I assume I should use the counter tactics as although I'm slight favourites it IS Chelsea? Also would deepening the D-line to snuff out Shevchenko and barrowing the fullbacks to stop their wing style players (Ribery and Robben) help?

I'd probably start with Possession and watch the match stats carefully. As it is a neutral venue I see that as the best option. If you were away, counter would be great, at home Attack or Control.

wwfan

have you had success with non-442 systems? i feel happy that i've conquered the 442, perhaps not to the extent you have, but at least to the point where i know it will be successful. having taken a 3rd division belgian team to 3 CL finals (admittedly it took me 11 seasons to get to the 1st one!), i figured i'd start a new game and try and come up with a different set of tactics. the result - miserable failure.

i've somehow found myself managing a french third tier team, with no wingers in the squad, but plenty of MCs. i cannot get a 4132 to work, which is frustrating, because i know if i used my trusty 442 i would be pushing for promotion, even if it meant playing people out of position. any thoughts? thanks in advance

I'd probably start with Possession and watch the match stats carefully. As it is a neutral venue I see that as the best option. If you were away, counter would be great, at home Attack or Control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But the game still seems to be slightly biased towards the 'home' team in a 'neutral' game. So if you're the 'away' team then use what you normally would away to Chelsea - defensive or counter.

Archived