Hyundai A-League Salary Cap

The rapid and unstoppable decline of the A-league's reputation and the hence the immovable salary cap.

Don't hope that things get better.

If can keep the salaries low though you can build an unstoppable team and your own reputation can go miles high, but that just makes your seasons in 30 matches of complete thrashings before one or two hard matches in the Champions League.

There's a cheat code for it, but I don't like cheats...

Up, up, left, right, up, up, right, left, down down, left, right, up, down, left, right, up, down, down, up

You've got to do it quickly without mistakes. You'll then here a chime sound if you've done it right. The next season the salary cap will be lifted.

There's a cheat code for it, but I don't like cheats...

Up, up, left, right, up, up, right, left, down down, left, right, up, down, left, right, up, down, down, up

You've got to do it quickly without mistakes. You'll then here a chime sound if you've done it right. The next season the salary cap will be lifted.

Made me chuckle.

Into March in first season with Victory. Finished 4th in league, one win, one draw in ACL, into GF in finals series......

Sacked!

Bloody stupid setup of A-League in game caused this.

• 4 years later...

So i have been forever hopeful that the A-league salary cap would increase, and i have tried part 1 of my plan. Currently playing as Western Sydney Wanderers and the 2020 has just ended.

Trophies

Asian Champions League (4 times) in a row Runners Up once.

Hyundai A-League Finals Series (5 times) Runners Up twice.

Hyundai A-League Regular Season (7 times)

FFA Cup (2 times) My thorn in the early years when i couldn't compete on every front.

Have not won the Club world cup championship, always lose to the european champions and come 3rd. Tried keeping wage management really good and despite winning everything clubs seem to still go bankrupt.

Investing in players is incredibly hard because no one wants to buy many Australian players. So far i sold

Mitchell Oxborrow for $3,000,000

Ren Hang (Chinese international great player) for $700,000

Next Gen youth for $400,000

I often spend hours scouting and got lucky saw a 15 year old kid from columbia in my second season and bought him for $800,000 - he is a wonderkid and I'm going to try and sell him for $15,000,000.

In this time, the Hyundai A-League is Asia's number 5 league and has 4 ACL qualification spots.

Western Sydney Wanderers are the Number #1 team in Asia.

Only Melbourne Victory seem to do well in the ACL regularly making it out of the group stages, everyone else sucks.

A-league clubs finances seem to dry up and clubs consistently make poor transfer decisions. There is at least two or three take overs each season, and most clubs facilities are downgraded after season 2 (due to technological advances) I am currently improving Youth facilities for the second time and training facilities for the first time.

Sponsorship deals for my club started at around $300,000 a year and are now over $2,000,000 a year and increase each year.

MASSIVE ISSUE is no club has the money to build or expand on their stadium so gate receipts and match day revenue can really only be gained at a club with an already large stadium, my issue is i have capacity members 20,130 and it was capped last season because there is no room in the stadium to expand.

My aim is to sell off a few foreign players as investments to generate enough money for a new stadium once that is finished i will then move on to a new club and repeat the process, even a **** manager will win almost everything with the squad i have, the only time i struggle is when 14 players are called up for international duty at the same time during the asian cup every 4 years.

I feel for the cap to increase, facilities at the majority of the clubs must be good and the reputation of a few clubs has to be higher. Unsure which club to work on and improve next, maybe one that gets a random sugar daddy.

Key Players to sign if you have the chance.

James Troisi - Asian Player of the year, always gets overlooked for national duty, often wins player of the year, and will easily get 10+ goals and 10+ assists a year.

Nikolai Topor-Stanley - Probably one of the best defenders, makes national team and averages 7.50+ rating each year

Ren Hang - Chinese international that becomes a free transfer after a few seasons, he's a quality left back that averages 7.50+ rating every year on average

Jordan O'Doherty - cheap pick up from the NPL takes a few seasons to flourish but will easily become your best CM

Mustafa Amini - Just get this guy, he's hard to keep due to wages so i had him in two stints, first 3 years averages 8.00+ rating, second stint he was clueless for a year so averages 7.00+ rating a year now.

Daniel Alessi - Best young Aussie RB and develops into an Australian International

Brendon Hamill - Develops into an Australian international

Always check out the Kuwait national team, if you can pick up some of their players (sometimes you can sometimes you can't, they are all bests)

Keep an eye on DR Congo after a few seasons, every time i have played this game the congo literally pumps out wonderkids on the cheap.

Just finished winning prize money and got 900k for the new season, WSW my club in 2021 was literally in debt by $6million just a random drop off for no reason. Tried selling my wonder kid for $10,000,000 22 interested clubs from top divisions, the board stepped in and sold him for $1,100,000 for a $400,000 profit, when i confronted the board they sacked me, sighs. 13 of the 16 backroom staff quit and 6 players demanded instant transfers, the fans also are very angry at the club for letting such a talented manager go :)

Attempting to get a job at any other a-league club, and they laugh off my interest, get offered jobs from all over EXCEPT the aleague dang

Continuing on with the game, am now the manager for melbourne victory, (this is frustrating but i still tried to play) once you change over clubs at any time in the a-league, for some reason the AI gets broken with the salary cap ruling, every season without having any players registered my salary cap starts at $9,133 which makes it difficult to get players. But the year is now 2025, i have not been able to win the league with these salary restrictions and the league has been battled between WSW and Melbourne City each winning the league twice and its literally decided on for and against each season. I came 4th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd.

MASSIVE CHANGES to the leagues dynamic!!! What i noticed is that in 10 seasons of the league since i started playing, only Melbourne City actually sign players. Every other club may sign 1 player every two years on a free transfer.

-THE SALARY CAP NEVER INCREASES. turns out if can only decrease.

-The a-league clubs would not sign any players instead promoted youth, unfortunately the 'next gen' players are literal garbage so teams like wellington have a whole squad with players on stats lower then 10.

-Improving youth systems gives you maybe 1 good player every 1-2 seasons, and he's not Great, just good.

-Clubs are still going bankrupt.

-All clubs average age is about 34 because they just resign the players they have.

-All decent australian players once there contract ends never get signed (unless you sign them) and they retire at a really young age

Then something changed!!

-The A-league became the number 2 league in asia, and its reputation increased massively having 4 teams in the ACL and 2-3 getting out o the group stages each year.

-THE A-LEAGUE GETS BUTCHERED

-Because the reputation increases, its easy to buy and sell players every single player on your team attracts interest from all over the world, and clubs all over bid on literally 60%+ of players in every a league team. WSW who were competing in the ACL for top dog every year lost 10 players and gained over $20 million in transfers. I lost 6 players and gained $5million in transfers, other clubs were very much the same.

-Bam the quality of Australian players improves 10 fold, probably because they have much better training facilities overseas. Unfortunately because the salary cap AI messes up you can't use your full cap potential, although signing good players for less money is easy.

-Other clubs in the A-league start buying players who are actually semi-decent and some i would have bought after following them for a few years.

-Unfortunately i feel the salary cap was suppose to rise but the AI messes up and it stays the same but gives you less cap to use.

-Every team in the a-league only has 15 players and most are youth.

-Every team starts getting pumped and the standard of play dissolves completely, every good / semi decent/ average player gets bought by an overseas club, and your powerless to stop it. The boards interfere if the offer is deemed "too good to refuse" also every player that comes into the league has a 'release clause' you cannot change.

-about 2 years after the leagues reputation is at 2.5 stars and 2nd in asia, there is 2x more australian players playing overseas then in australia.

-The NPL clubs have more money to sign players then A-league clubs.

-The League gets butchered clubs now have a ton of money but can't use it.

-The league is no fun, if you pick and stay with the one club. you will win everything without a challenge and you will be able to use your full salary cap.

Archived