[FM11] Don't know where we're going, got no way of knowing: offen94's New Journeyman Save.

GylfiAsCharged

subscribe.png

careerinpictures.png

BACK ON THE ROAD.

Game: Football Manager 2011

Version: 11.2.1

Database Size: Large

Leagues Loaded: Click here.

Welcome back on the road with offen94. After taking a while out, I'm back with another career save. Having played in the lower leagues of England, Scotland, and in Andorra, I have got to grips with managing with little or no resources, and that is exactly what I am faced with at the beginning of the career. Cue the drum roll...

ÖRGRYTE IS

%C3%96rgyte_IS.png

Örgryte IS, also commonly referred to as ÖIS, is a Swedish football club based in Gothenburg. The club was founded on 4 December 1887 and participated in the first football match in Sweden on 22 May 1892. Örgryte IS has won 12 national championship titles and one national cup title. They were demoted in 2009 and will play in the second highest Swedish league, Superettan, in 2010. Their home arena is Gamla Ullevi. The club is affiliated to the Göteborgs Fotbollförbund.

The name of the official supporter club is ÖIS Supporterklubb Balders Hage. There are also other groups of fans. The second largest supporter club is the Ultras-influenced Inferno Örgryte. According to a recent survey, Örgryte IS is the second most popular team in Gothenburg, with 11% of the football fans supporting them. The other local teams with a notable following are IFK Göteborg, GAIS and BK Häcken.

The strongest rivalry is with IFK Göteborg, also from Gothenburg. The derbies between the two teams are often the games with the highest attendance in Swedish football; crowds of over 40000 fans are not uncommon. Therefore these games are nowadays played at Nya Ullevi. The other big rivalry is with GAIS.

2129_shirt_orgryte.jpg

Home Kit - Away Kit

Career Overview:

----------------------------------....................................................................................
| CLUB MANAGEMENT CAREER OVERVIEW |...................................................................................
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SEASON  | TEAM        | COUNTRY | LEAGUE               | MEDIA PREDICTION  | POSITION | ACHIEVEMENTS               |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2010    | Örgryte IS  | Sweden  | First Division Elite | 2nd (Promotion)   | 1st      | Champions, Promoted        |
| 2011    | Örgryte IS  | Sweden  | Premier Division     | 16th (Relegation) | 8th      | Offered job at Southampton |
| 2011/12 | Southampton | England | npower League One    | 1st (Promotion)   |          |                            |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|....................................................................................................................|
|------------------------------------------..........................................................................|
| INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT CAREER OVERVIEW |.........................................................................|
| YEAR    | NATION      | CONTINENT   | PLAYED | WON | DRAWN | LOST | SCORED | CONCEDED | ACHIEVEMENTS               |
|         |             |             |        |     |       |      |        |          |                            |
|....................................................................................................................|
|----------------------..............................................................................................|
| TROPHIES AND HONOURS |.............................................................................................|
| TROPHY                        | REPUTATION     | TYPE        | NATION       | CLUB         | YEARS WON/RUNNERS UP  |
| First Division Elite          | <> <> __ __ __ | League      | Sweden       | Örgryte IS   | Winners: 2010         |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So just to warn you, updates will be done at the end of every season to allow things to flow at a reasonable rate. I am not a super-fast player of the game, expect me to finish each season in about a week, maybe a little less. However I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the game. Each update will be pretty in-depth so don't worry about missing out on anything.

%C3%96rgyte_IS.png

2010 Season Update

The Swedish football season runs from April to November, so I was left with 4 months to drag OIS from mid-table, to a promotion spot, as demanded by the board. I was very surprised that I was able to get such a high profile job with no experience, and it became apparent why: they had no money. My only signing, 33 year old Andre Cunha, used up all of my remaining wage budget. Here is the fixture list from before I took over.

And here are my results:

orgryte2010afterjobresults.png

After a poor first result against Vasby, we started performing well, and as a result climbed up the table, and we only failed to score once. Highlights include a win over title-favourites Hammarby.

Here is the league table at the end of the season:

2010leaguetable.png

A relatively comfortable winning margin in the end.

Our player of the season was Markus Gustafsson. Our other star players were Luka Mijaljevic, Nicolas Sandberg and Robin Jonsson.

A successful start to my managerial career, and my first trophy. Hopefully more successes will follow!

So just to warn you, updates will be done at the end of every season to allow things to flow at a reasonable rate. I am not a super-fast player of the game, expect me to finish each season in about a week, maybe a little less.

I wished I could play that fast.

Thanks guys, yeah I have a fair bit of time on my hands, it's my GCSE year but every thing's nicely balanced out enough to give me about 3 hours of FM every night, sometimes more. In the build up to my exams (start of May) I'll probably have a lot less time to play though.

Also, AndrewFM, how did you get that link into your signature?

Well done on winning the division, good luck in the Premier Division.

I am not a super-fast player of the game, expect me to finish each season in about a week, maybe a little less.

Well I would consider that super fast, I started my FM10 save last February and I'm just coming to the end of my 17th season.

%C3%96rgyte_IS.png

2011 Season Update

A good season in terms of league position, however I was displeased with my attackers, despite me bringing in improvements halfway through. I had the best defense in the league up until the 20 game mark, when we started leaking goals. We didn't score many and relied on our defense a lot. Here are the results:

orgryte2011fixtures.png

And the league table:

2011leaguetable.png

But then, I had a dilemma at the end of the season. I was approached by a far more reputable club:

saintsdeal.png

They were offering me a large transfer kitty, and also were financially stable, whereas Orgryte were making a loss of at least £100k per month, and had insecure finances. I hadn't expected to make such a step forward in only my third season, but the offer was just too good to turn down.

Wow, the board really are spoiling me here. I've been granted new training facilities, new youth facilities, an increased transfer budget, and increased wage budget, and increased transfer revenue percentage and an increased scouting range. Everything I ask for, they give me!

Thanks hrbfcrule, my first month in charge at St Mary's is going great, I've won every game so far, 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Player of the Month were all given to my players, and Lallana got goal of the month.

Desperately chasing a Belarusian regen, looks like he could be a quality player but Auxerre won't let him go on the cheap.

A few things to update on, now I've reached the halfway point. The first is unrelated to my in-game progress, out of boredom I made this, a story of my career in pictures. Basically I will add a new row for each team I manage, I think it looks better than the old picture I had there, the clip art one. :cool:

careerinpictures.png

If anyone wants me to make one for their career then I'd gladly do so. xD

So, I'm sitting in 3rd, 10 points behind QPR in 1st, but I have a game in hand. We'll have to be consistently good if we are to overtake Rangers and claim top spot, which is what the board demand. My first result was an 8-1 trouncing of Tranmere, and since then I have won 10, drawn 3 and lost 2. I have only signed one player in this transfer window, Mikele Leigertwood from QPR. He was sat in the reserve team and I picked him up for an incredible £75k. He's now my star man in the middle, and got Man of the Match on his debut.

Archived