FM11 New Tactic Set: The Typhon Trilogy

Ok well i tried this tactic when my 1st season with Darlington got off to a pretty bad start, losing 3, drawing 1 and only winning the first on the opening 5 games of the season. Since the change i have had (tactics used in () )

Away to Bath 0 - 0 (Big Game) - used this due to the importance of arresting the losing streak

Home to Wrexham 1 - 1 (Home)

Away to Forest Green 2 - 2 (Away)

Home to Crawley 2 - 1 (Home)

Away to Newport County 1 - 1 (Big Game) - were 2nd in the league and scoring for fun

Away to Southport 1 - 2 (Away)

So 2 wins and 3 draws is an improvement and i'll continue using it. Conceding late goals is a bit of an issue but i'll try and fix that with better use of instructions. Disapointed about the Forest Green result too as that was a absolute howler of an own goal by my GK in the 91st minute. Some how managed to palm a floating cross under no pressure into his net x(

Certainly looks like it steadied the ship for you,

Keep the thread updated with how you go,

I am really interested how the set goes in lower leagues as i have never tested it at that level

sorry to sound dumb but what program do you use to check pventress tactics downloads? mine open as unreadable text? great thread pventress !

You can only check them by putting them into the game,

You need to save the files into the tactics folder,

Its in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Tactics

They should then be available in Manage Tactics or Archived Tactics

Great work!! I love the squad structure ideas. Makes perfect sense.

My only gripe with these tactics (and it's a small one) is that they seem to be quite reliant on goals from corners. Dawson scored 16 goals in your first season, which seems a tad unrealistic. Do you think altering the set pieces would make the tactics less effective?

Great work!! I love the squad structure ideas. Makes perfect sense.

My only gripe with these tactics (and it's a small one) is that they seem to be quite reliant on goals from corners. Dawson scored 16 goals in your first season, which seems a tad unrealistic. Do you think altering the set pieces would make the tactics less effective?

Thanks Frag, the squad structure idea just evolved over a long time playing and always seeming to end up with unbalanced squads,

As for the set pieces, I don't think they are to reliant on them, I just think season 1 was a bit of a one off for Dawson, 2nd season he got about 10 and I am nearing the end of the 3rd season and so far he has about 6

PVerntress great tactics I have start a new save with Chelsea followed your info for the tactics. still playing friendlies and I have noticed that the away tactic is taken my team longer to score goals if I play the home tactic I will be up at least 3 nil in the first half from the first time using these tactics but my third away friendly with the away tactic we were up 5 nil before the break so I can see them jelling better now ... will give you an update after a few regular season games this is because friendlies are not the same ... Cheers

So Third season with the Tactic set is now in the Bag,

I am still using the exact same tactic set, no tweaks, no changes of any kind,

I am also still using the exact same first 11 as i started out with in Season 1

Although this 3rd season was not as succesful as the 2nd season, it was still a fantastic season

We managed to Win

European Super Cup

Club World Championship

Champions League

Premier League

Player Stats

This is the 3rd season in a row that we have won the League and the Champions League Double, and we also got our highest points total so far in the league with 94pts

Unprecedented success with the Original Spurs Squad with the only edition being Leighton Baines at Left Back

Just as a side note as well, a 32 yr old Peter Crouch just won goal of the season with this little effort - A stunning Overhead Kick

[video=youtube;izVlZjIe25Q]

Both Crouch and Defoe have been flying in this set,

Over the 3 seasons so far their records stand at:-

Peter Crouch Played 150 Scored 111

Jermain Defoe Played 123 Scored 77

Cracking returns from both of them

And if any one is interested here is my record so far as overall manager

Again, great work!!! You have proven through your screenshots just how effective this tactic set is. I'd be interested in hearing more about which tactic to use and when to use it - seeing as you are now 3 seasons in. I suppose it would depend on what quality of team you are managing, but a rough guide would be very useful.

I'm definitely going to give this set a go.

KUTGW!

Again, great work!!! You have proven through your screenshots just how effective this tactic set is. I'd be interested in hearing more about which tactic to use and when to use it - seeing as you are now 3 seasons in. I suppose it would depend on what quality of team you are managing, but a rough guide would be very useful.

I'm definitely going to give this set a go.

KUTGW!

Thanks again for the positive post Frag,

As for a rough guide as to when to use each tactic, i guess the rough guide is Home Away and Big Team, but i have found that i do deviate from this on occasion,

I guess the easiest way to explain when to use each would be to keep a track across my fixtures of my starting tactic in each game and also if i changed it at any stage

I will look to put something together over a run of say 20 games and upload to the thread,

That may give more of an insight into how i use the set, but as you say i am in season 3 now, so my use of the tactics will have changed compared to season 1 due to the change in reputation of my team,

I will most probably start a new Spurs save after the final patch, so will be able to look at 1st season use of the tactic then

Hi PV...Firstly can I say this is one of the best tactics and post on how to set up a club I have seen on these forums. I am currently playing with my Ipswich team and made some great signings using your filters and by end of November sitting top of the championship and all going well...but then the dreaded mid season slump all my teams seem to have strikes and now by mid February I'm 8th and out of the playoffs. Please can you tell me what might be happening here and what i can do to stop it because its costing me promotion.

hey pv. im playing as spurs and by the time i discovered your tactics i had already sold crouch and replaced him with lukaku.although he doesn't show up in the target man filter he is only 17 so has time to develop.

@ homebasedgg

Lukaku should be fine, and will do very well in this tactic after he has developed for a year or two,

Hi PV...Firstly can I say this is one of the best tactics and post on how to set up a club I have seen on these forums. I am currently playing with my Ipswich team and made some great signings using your filters and by end of November sitting top of the championship and all going well...but then the dreaded mid season slump all my teams seem to have strikes and now by mid February I'm 8th and out of the playoffs. Please can you tell me what might be happening here and what i can do to stop it because its costing me promotion.

@ Gregitfc

Thanks for the Positive feedback, really glad it has been helping you,

As for a mid season slump, i havent had to many of these but when i do hit a sticky patch i always revert to the Big Team Tactic for all games and take the pressure off in team talks, usually has me right again after a few games

I have had a number of questions about what tactic i use when, and any changing between the tactics that i do during games etc

I found this very difficult to put into a post as it is more about an intuitive choice,

But what i felt was the best way to do this was to go back to a 1st Season Spurs and play a season, making a note of what tactic i used in each game and any changes i might have made,

Below is an excel sheet showing the full seasons games, what tactic i started with, when i changed it, why i changed it etc,

I hope this helps those who have asked,

What Tactic Document

The season itself was not as succesful as i had been in my original 1st season save, but i didnt spend as much time on it and so proabably made a few team talk mistakes along the way, I also couldnt help playing around with the tactic a little to see if i could improve it, nothing major but may have inmpacted in some games.

The biggest difference however was that this time around the close games against other big teams turned against us rather than for us as they had done previously, We also suffered substantially more injuries to key players at crucial times, losing Crouch, Bale, Dawson and Modric for long periods.

Still, we Won the Premier League on the Last day, seeing off Chelsea and Arsenal

Won the FA Cup, but lost the League Cup Final

Barcelona did us in the 1st Knock Out of the Champions League which was disappointing

League Table

Player Stats

I'm now giving these tactics a try in my Liverpool save, currently in the 2013/2014 season, as my old tactics had gotten stale.

I think I have players suitable for each role in the 3 tactics, so I'll post some feedback in a few hours.

39801651.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bearing in mind the players only had 3 days to adapt to the new formation and it was against Wolves, these are some encouraging stats. There were numerous CCC's that we simply did not put away. I'm looking forward to seeing improvements as the team gels in time.

I'm now giving these tactics a try in my Liverpool save, currently in the 2013/2014 season, as my old tactics had gotten stale.

I think I have players suitable for each role in the 3 tactics, so I'll post some feedback in a few hours.

39801651.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bearing in mind the players only had 3 days to adapt to the new formation and it was against Wolves, these are some encouraging stats. There were numerous CCC's that we simply did not put away. I'm looking forward to seeing improvements as the team gels in time.

Good to see you are giving it a go,

How are you getting on? Have you had much success yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome tactic, just a quick one in the match prep do you put all tactics in any order, or do you alter the first one with the tactic you will need in your next game, or will all three tactics be used in match prep.

Awesome tactic, just a quick one in the match prep do you put all tactics in any order, or do you alter the first one with the tactic you will need in your next game, or will all three tactics be used in match prep.

It doesnt matter where you put the tactics in Match Prep, Just get all three in the slots from the beginning and they will all improve as you go

do the wingers have to be the same foot as the side their playing on

Yes, I have always played with a left footer on the left and right footer on the right,

I am not saying it wont work the other way, i just have never tried it

I am currently testing with Welling Utd who I managed to get promoted to the Blue Square Premier last season using my own tactic (greatly helped by Heathxxx and his thread). It took 4 seasons to get promoted and using the same approach in the BSP I am struggling.

I don't like plug and play tactics especially classic versions. I was delighted to see that the Typhoon set are wizard tactics with very few player settings ticked. This means I can still use shouts if I need to. I got fed up and started trying all sorts of tactics and lost the first round of the FA Trophy to Gateshead (top of BSN) away with every tactic I tried. I was about to give up completely until I tried this set. I used the Big Team version and beat Gateshead. I then managed fantastic draws away against sides near the top of the table when I had odds of 9/1 and 10/1 to win. I am waiting for an easier home game to try the away and home versions but they are already setup under match prep ready. In my last away game against Wrexham we were 2-1 down with only 10 mins left so I plumped for the home version and we got a dramatic last minute equaliser. You have restored my faith in the game and I still feel like I am making the key decisions unlike with plug and play. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

I do have one question though, do you use shouts at all with these tactics? Do you ever change strategy or shout due to the weather (i.e. Exploit flanks on muddy wet pitches?)

Interested to know how this is working in 11.3. I have been using the set as Abingdon Utd in the Zamaretto division. Promoted first season (just), and currently top of Z Premier. Was unbeaten in the league until 11.3 - lost at home using the 'Home' tactic, which frankly I use very rarely. Next home game I used the 'Away' tactic but changed the mentality from 'control' to 'attack'. Won 2-0 but not sure if this was the reason. Insights or comments would be welcome

PVentress -Thanks for the time and detail you put into the OP et al.

First season using these three tactics (2013/2014) as Liverpool and I finished 3rd in the Premier League, lost to Barca in the Champions League in the semis, won the League Cup along the way, not a bad start. My team was probably the third best team in the league so I can't complain.

Second season (2014/2015) I came 3rd again but it was a very tight group of 4 teams clustered at the top. I won the League Cup again, the FA Cup and the Champions League!

I moved on after winning all I could with Liverpool and during November of the 2015/2016 season Avram Grant got sacked from Inter so I took over there. Inter were 12th in Serie A at the time.

I have a lot on my plate as the team left to me was at best mediocre, with most of the best players gone or retired. Fingers crossed these tactics will see me through the first season!

I have been usingthis tactic with Abingdon Utd - started in Zameretto regional league and was promoted twice. There was a definate drop-off in performance once 11.3 arrived. I basically use the 'Away' tactic at home but select the 'Attacking' option. If I'm desperate for a goal then I use the 'Home' tactic - but this is very shaky at the back. Just beginning new season in Blue Square south, media predict relegation, so it will be a real test.

I have just jumped ship to Forest in the Championship after 3 months with Brentford.

The resulsts started from mixed to good,

What I have found that with the home formation, lower the 2cb mentality to defensive and take long shots off the full backs.

I am using the same set for Forest and results have been impressive, i was 23rd in the table now after 6 games, I am 17th and climbing steadily.

Yes omark,

I had some strange results at home, even though I win the majority of my games, the odd 1 or 2 i end up losing like 3-2 at home against Barnsley for example.

Also set one of your wingers on very direct passing for the home formation, he will always look it to play forward, and may crate more chances, especiallly if he has a pacy striker...

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very new to FM11, someone help me

I have started with AFC wimbledon, brought a couple of loan signings and brought in paul Mcveigh but i am really struggling. Started with 4-5-1 but in the first 6 games only got one point, then changed to 4-4-2 and occasionally use diamond. now got 15 games under my belt and 13 points, just above the relegation zone. Help me!!! does anyone know what formatioon is the best for lower leagues. tactics advise would help as well.

Archived