Your all time favourite FM save?

Cm 1

The first ever champ on the amiga. I will never forget this game me and my best friend were joint managers of Huddersfield town I cannot remember how well we did but I remember it was the most fun ive ever had on cm/fm. We would take it in turns playing matches and signing players. I remember we would always have a pre match good luck hand shake lol.

Cm 01/02

Had an epic save with arsenal, won everything for many years turning them into the most successful English team of all time. Had ronaldinho in the amc behind my front two and he was awesome. Also had a fit Michael Owen who scored many goals for us until a youngster named Tony Owen (his little bro maybe? Or I liked to think so anyway) came through our youth team and was totally amazing for us.

Also on this save I took the china job and won the world cup with them.

Fm 10

Had a great save doing dafuges challenge with myrthr Tydfil took them from the BSN all the way to the prem winning it a few occasions and winning the champions league. Had some immense regens a Brazilian amc who turned into of of the best players in the world. Had a world class ivory coast regen SC and a brilliant English cb who became England captain.

Fm10

Using super bladesmans database I took my local team willenhall town from level 9 or 10 in the English football pyramid all the way up to league 2. I was doing really well but my game corrupted :( bad times. So I started again but used the original database and just put willenhall into the BSN and started again. I took them to the prem won it a few times and won the champions league, was ready to dominate European football with some great players but then fm11 came out. May go back to this save at some point.

Fm11 I am currently enjoying taking FC united through the leagues and we are in the championship at the moment.

My best ever game was a multiplayer hotseat game on the Xbox version, was it CM02/03? Somewhere around that time.

I managed Sporting in Portugal, played 7 seasons and won 7 league titles, 3 Champions Leagues and a few other cups which I can't remember. My squad was mainly youngsters produced through the ranks or bought young, including some unknown players called Cristiano Ronaldo and Fernando Torres.

It's my favourite because of the bragging rights over my friends as they struggled to compete while managing Porto and Benfica.

I normally pick a small club and try to build it up, I've had some great fun with those, Rodez in the French Ligue 3 might have been the best. It was somehow also the first time ever that I regularly got quality kids in my youth team, so that helped as well. Took them to nearly 2030, by which time we had about 8-9 CL wins (and we had a 30 000 seater, which was why I stopped eventually).

I also had an uncharacteristic journeyman game on 07 I think, where I loaded up about 10 big leagues in Europe, started in Hungary, then hopped around after winning a couple of trophies with each team. I normally can't bring myself to leave my teams, but that was possibly the best career game I've ever played. I ended up winning the league in about 8-9 countries with 15-16 different teams. I also downloaded some super tactic which made it a lot easier :D

I dunno, I feel as though each of the recent years have been constantly improving. FM09 had an incredible journeyman save beginning at Chester, going to Sheffield United, a brief spell in the US, a stint in Italy, a flurry of international jobs, before finally settling on Blackburn and lifting them from the Championship to UEFA Cup competitors on a shoestring budget. I think it must have been about 15 seasons.

FM10 had the long-held desire to start a save with my Australian club Central Coast Mariners, making them the dominant force in Australia (which really isn't difficult given the state of the A-League), before taking a mid-table Spurs side to a surprise title. Then continued a world-dominating Spurs revolution with my favourite ever player (Stuart English), taking me to a total of about 20 seasons.

And now FM11, I'm at Middlesbrough, my lifelong club. I've refused to manage them on any FM/CM game since probably 01/02 - I usually do the 6 month demo with them to get a feel for the game, and I have a rule whereby anyone I manage in the demo, I can't manage in the full game. It's taken 13 seasons so far, but I've slowly taken them from the Championship to the upper end of the Premiership. It may not be quick progress, but it is certainly Middlesbrough progress with the focus on developing the home-grown youngsters and an English side, all the while trying to turn a profit in the transfer market.

If this save elapses 20 season, it'll become my favourite. Heck, it might even be my favourite already. I'll see how long I remember the heroes of it for.

Must be either my Crewe save (30 seasons) in CM94, my Benfica save (8-10 seasons) in CM00/01, a two-player save with Leeds and Newcastle in CM01/02 or my Southampton save (9 seasons) in FM10

The latter I won L1, CH and PL in one go before I ended 6th in the fourth season. After that complete national dominance and at least three CL victories. Loved it despite the ME keeping the ball in the air most of the time.

I would guess it would have to be my last save in FM11 when it f***ed up when I had to delete it. I was manager of York (Blue Sqaure Bet Premiership) and I got them promoted and got them to the 4th round of the F.A Cup almost beating Barnet (League One). The score was 3-0 to me in the first half when they equalised in the last minute with my best striker on a hat-trick. We were at home in the replay and the same happened and the score was 4-3 in the extra time. Fast forward to May and I was playing Grimsby in the last game of the season we beat them (only just) 2-1 and I don't do things by halfs. We got into the play-offs with York (Me),Farnborough,Halifax and Darlington. I had Halifax and I beat them twice and I rolled over Darlington 4-0 which made me a hero for York fans.

I am now Swindon manager so maybe in time I will get them into the Premiership so we'll see if we can get them there so wish me luck

Archived