How to Play FM: A (Very) Short Guide to Match Preparation, Strategies and Motivation

Ahh fair enough, there must be a reason because in most of my seasons on different saves I have, it hasn't done that, there must be something under the hood that changed that I didn't know of, because as I said I hadn't changed my tactic at that point for all the bars to decrease from fluid.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About motivation, here are the two tips I discover, I don't know if someone has already talked about :

- Each week, check player morale to find if some players has low moral different from the rest of the squad. (example : everybody get "Excellent", only two get "good"). If you private talk to those 2 players (find the good sentence according to their last performance), they will be happy and moral go up to Excellent or very good.

- When you rest your best player for one or two matchs (key players or one of your best 11), always before match, engage a private talk to tell him that you want him to rest... If the player is tired, he will thank you for that, morale will be boosted also and sometimes, he will said that there is a good feeling between you and him....

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please explain to me how to use the matgh preperation section

when i go there all i see is the players

no section to select different tactics or sliders

i need a A-Z on this has i keep reading about it but cannot see it in front of me

I have just started playing FM2011. In FM2010 I build one tactic and used touchline shouts to alter my strategy (eg. attack/control/counter) and player instructions (eg. pass into space/keep possesion) depending on how matches went.

The fundamental questions to continuing this into FM2011 is: if I build one tactic and focus on team blend will all this be undone the moment I apply a Touchline shout? (eg.changing from control to attack)

They will be less comfortable assuming that mentality, yes. I tend to build one tactic and focus on team blend until they've got it, then gradually introduce alternatives over the season.

It depends, though, on whether I want the focus to go to training and long-term player development, or to immediate tactical competency on the field. I'm playing with tiny Bromley at the moment, and there's so little point to trying to train players at this level, especially with my wretched facilities, that I mostly focus on getting them as well-drilled as possible in tactics and match preparation.

• 1 year later...

Archived