Ronaldo (The Goofy One)

2 games v 1 as far as the score goes so far. Got any other examples to suit your argument?

Now that is just pathetic and childish. What exactly would you class as a 'big game'? A cup final maybe? Semi Finals? So.....off the top of my head.....

Fa Cup Final v Milwall - goal

League Cup Final v Wigan - goal

08/09 scored in all the knockout rounds of the Champions League bar the final including 2 against Arsenal in the Semi Final (not a big game :confused: )

Goal in last game of the season v wigan which clinched the league

Scored in derby v Man City which clinched the league

Just a few for you there. It really depends on what you class as 'big games' but im not going to argue with you. Like I say, im not arguing any of the points with him v Ronaldo but to say he goes missing in big games is a bit of a joke really.

Now that is just pathetic and childish. What exactly would you class as a 'big game'? A cup final maybe? Semi Finals? So.....off the top of my head.....

Fa Cup Final v Milwall - goal

League Cup Final v Wigan - goal

08/09 scored in all the knockout rounds of the Champions League bar the final including 2 against Arsenal in the Semi Final (not a big game :confused: )

Goal in last game of the season v wigan which clinched the league

Scored in derby v Man City which clinched the league

Just a few for you there. It really depends on what you class as 'big games' but im not going to argue with you. Like I say, im not arguing any of the points with him v Ronaldo but to say he goes missing in big games is a bit of a joke really.

not looking for an argument and not trying to take a stab at you in anyway, i was genuinely interested in what other examples there are. Posting one example of him scoring in a big game doesn't count as anything, now that you've provided more substance theres actually a legitimate point there.

I have played CM and FM in the last 14 years and can't remember if I ever had Ronaldo on my team... that makes me kind of sad

The real Ronaldo has won the world cup and neither CR nor Messi has done that, in fact both of them underperformed in the last edition of the WC as they did not provide the stuff that makes the difference, which players like Ronaldo or Pele or Maradona did in their own time. While Argentina and Messi has a chance of winning the WC, Portugal and CR do not really have a chance of doing that and without winning the WC no one can be called one of the worlds greatest. They can merely be great footballers that did not win the WC, like Eusebio, Johan Cruyff, Sócrates or Ferenc Puskás who are legends but not of the same class as the three others as they were never world champions. When, if CR or Messi do some magic in the WC final and win the WC then they can maybe push for a place in world football history.

not looking for an argument and not trying to take a stab at you in anyway, i was genuinely interested in what other examples there are. Posting one example of him scoring in a big game doesn't count as anything, now that you've provided more substance theres actually a legitimate point there.

Ok no problem.

a big game needs 2 big teams. millwall and wigan(twice). please

Your missing the key word which is FINAL. Also Ronaldo was about 18/19 in them finals and could easily have crumbled.

The other Wigan game was the last game of the season where we needed to better or match Chelsea's result to win the league. Ronaldo had the nerve to get up and score a penalty. Surely he would have buckled under the pressure....no? In fact Chelsea played Bolton at home knowing only a win would do and could only draw 1-1. Does that mean their players cant play in big games? No it doesnt. Your clutching at straws for the sake of an argument.

Anyway. what has the opposition team got to do with it anyway. They earned their place to be in them finals so why knock them? I dont see Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool there. In fact, im sure a lot of players will tell you that its harder to play against massive underdogs because they have nothing to lose and are up for the biggest game of their careers. Why do you think there are so many giant killings in the FA Cup each year?

Archived