Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Pires might be off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Wenger: "There have been rumours about Thierry Henry and Barcelona. Of course I know about them, but they're all just talk.

"They are rumours and they are unfounded and he isn't going anywhere.

"The same goes for Patrick Vieira. He will also stay with us for next season, as will Robert Pires." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Torpedoed again... oh well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

sad to see Taylor go tbh - don't feel he was ever given much of a chance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

played a bit in 02-03, wasn't outstanding but good enough, got seriously injured in 03-04 and never really was going to come back from that with Lehmann and Almunia ahead of him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Hleb got 14 assists in the bundesliga last season, sounds very much the sort of midfielder who will do well for us.

*providing they werent crosses from the byline for a big forward to head in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows but all the clips ive seen of him are him dribbling past players and slicing defences apart with brilliant passes icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronaldinho93:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Hleb got 14 assists in the bundesliga last season, sounds very much the sort of midfielder who will do well for us.

*providing they werent crosses from the byline for a big forward to head in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows but all the clips ive seen of him are him dribbling past players and slicing defences apart with brilliant passes icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any links to these clips?

Wouldnt be so bad if was a more of an 'orthodox winger', I dont think Henry is as bad in the air as everyone makes out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

sad to see Taylor go tbh - don't feel he was ever given much of a chance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

played a bit in 02-03, wasn't outstanding but good enough, got seriously injured in 03-04 and never really was going to come back from that with Lehmann and Almunia ahead of him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont forget he player a fair bit in 01/2, one of our three English keepers to get a premiership medal that season icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueHardcoreLegend:

No-one remembers the ffffffffffffffffffffffb game he had against Chelsea in the cup replay in 2002-2003 season? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, tell us about it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueHardcoreLegend:

No-one remembers the ffffffffffffffffffffffb game he had against Chelsea in the cup replay in 2002-2003 season? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably because that game is most memorable for Laurens 40 yard run and left foot finish to clinch the game icon_cool.gif

Everything I've heard about him sounds promising. He has two good feet apparently, I wonder if he'll play down the left or right. I'm sure Freddie would love to return to the left once Pires leaves us, assuming that in the next 12 months.

Still, Wenger did say two world-class players, Hleb doesn't count in that bracket unless he was mis-quoted as the British media have a habit of doing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn Michaels:

Any news on a new keeper - its all gone a bit quiet on that front?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's usually a good sign with us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn Michaels:

Any news on a new keeper - its all gone a bit quiet on that front?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's usually a good sign with us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. I was surprised the Hleb deal actually happened as there's been rumours. Normally we sit there thinking nothing's going to happen, then all of a sudden we've signed someone.

No news is good news when it comes to Arsenal (except when we really aren't signing anyone icon_biggrin.gif ).

Wicom, did you know that Robinho/Baptista have the same agent? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not until i read it at the other place this morning icon_biggrin.gif

mon the BEAST icon_mad.gif

No Arsenal move for Robinho

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Brazil star Robinho is unlikely to move to Arsenal even if the Santos striker's move to Real Madrid collapses, according to his agent Wagner Ribeiro.

Arsenal are reportedly ready to top Madrid's £11.3m offer for the striker.

But Ribeiro says Robinho, 21, will not move to England as he feels the Spanish game will suit his style of play.

"I will not take the Arsenal proposal to Santos president Marcelo Teixeira as they do not have a chance of signing the player," Ribeiro told Brazilian TV.

Robinho's transfer from Santos to Madrid appeared to be nearly finalised last week, with the move set to be confirmed after he had fulfilled his commitments with Brazil at the Confederations Cup.

But another agent of Robinho's, Juan Figer, said Santos could hold out for more than Madrid's offer.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, who's the back up signing then? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MickE:

So, who's the back up signing then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

smokescreen for Owen or Baptisa is the current thinking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Is this Hleb chap any good, tbf i've never really heard of him. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen enough people whos opinions I trust say he's good for me to be happy with his signing.

I've seen enough people whos opinions I trust say he's good for me to be happy with his signing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wenger's opinion... who else's matters? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MickE:

So, who's the back up signing then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

smokescreen for Owen or Baptisa is the current thinking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God, I hope we don't buy Owen icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sevilla star Julio Baptista has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Premiership clubs eyeing his signature.

The prolific hit-man, who has registered 50 goals in the past two seasons, is reportedly on the summer wish-list of Barcelona and Real Madrid but seems to favour a move to England.

Arsenal and Manchester United are thought to be monitoring Baptista's progress - with the player conceding that he would be keen on either Premiership giant.

Baptista, known as 'The Beast' in Spain, is under contract at Sevilla until 2008 but it is expected his current paymasters may struggle to retain his services for next season.

''I would love to play for a team such as Manchester United or Arsenal,'' said Baptista.

''I have made up my mind that I want to go to England.

''It wouldn't just be a financial decision.

''The league there is the best in the world and my style of play would suit it.

''I don't feel valued at Sevilla.''

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:********)

COME ONE THE BEAST icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Professor_Rocastle:

Can I just get a who's who on Arseblog?

It seems most of us are over there as well.

OTF - Professor_Rocastle

Arseblog - Professor Rocastle

Unfortunately you lot aren't as straightforward as me and Wicom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me - mickey thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A-Team:

He isn't a striker though, despite his prolific scoring record. Not that I wouldn't love it if we signed him... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does play as a striker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikkel Blue:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Professor_Rocastle:

Can I just get a who's who on Arseblog?

It seems most of us are over there as well.

OTF - Professor_Rocastle

Arseblog - Professor Rocastle

Unfortunately you lot aren't as straightforward as me and Wicom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me - mickey thomas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm registered as Froggy Style, but i'm not even active here atm so im irrelevant for the time being icon_smile.gif

Archived