Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metal militia:

bellion>Baptista </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, he's probably quicker...

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Take that Baptista story with a pinch of salt. That article and a SWP story are their exclusives this morning. They say Jose will offer £20 million cash for SWP and have the deal done by next week. All a load of crap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The SWP might well be, there is more substance to the Baptista one according to those in the know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

mon the beast icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

Never been so excited about a 'potential' transfer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

'koff getting La Bestia icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind all that, go kick one of your pals and get my researcher forum thing approved, there are some Lauren stats that need updating icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick Vieira:

why is he a DMC in FM? Was that his position before?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor research, this will not happen again icon_cool.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why is he a DMC in FM? Was that his position before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He played there in Brazil before Sevilla made him play up top, iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

'koff getting La Bestia icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind all that, go kick one of your pals and get my researcher forum thing approved, there are some Lauren stats that need updating icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

while your there, Senderos and Gilberto could do with 'tweaking' icon_smile.gif

La Bestia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we get him, thats what I would want my name changed to. Out grown Paddy now. And my ancient status icon_mad.gif

Something definitely going on at Pat Rice's hotel last night and this morning. According to my uncle, security beefed up. Suppose it makes sense if Dein arrived to talk to Seville officials \o/

Oh, and what Wicom said icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Take that Baptista story with a pinch of salt. That article and a SWP story are their exclusives this morning. They say Jose will offer £20 million cash for SWP and have the deal done by next week. All a load of crap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The SWP might well be, there is more substance to the Baptista one according to those in the know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£10 million just doesn't seem enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Henry commits his future

Eu-Jinn Teh

Friday, 1 July 2005 10:55 AM

LONDON (ARSENAL-MANIA) - Thierry Henry has reiterated his commitment to Arsenal, saying he has 'no plans to quit'. The Arsenal striker spoke whilst on holiday in Dubai, where he was a guest at the home of Emirates, the new sponsor of Arsenal's new stadium in Ashburton Grove.

Henry told the local press: "I have no plans to quit. I do respect Spanish and Italian leagues, but I believe it is the English Premier League which is the most exciting of all," he said.

Henry admitted that the key incident of last season was the defeat to Man Utd that ended the unbeaten run. "We had a very good start at the beginning of the season, and everything changed after we went 0-2 down to our traditional rivals Manchester United," he said. "They stopped our unbeaten 50-match string and thereafter everything went contrary to our wishes."

He also believed that the title race will be even closer than the three-horse race that it was last season, due to the progression of Liverpool and Everton.

"Liverpool have won the European title and Everton made a very big progress," he noted, before adding: "So, these developments coupled with the already heating up rivalry between Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, we will all be walking on a very hot surface." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I *heart* th14

the moment I first noticed Baptista was the man :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow - a whole month ago. You must be better than Mystic Meg? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MickE:

Aliadiere joins Celtic on season long loan

Anyone know Celtic's striker situation and give an estimate of how much he'd be likely to play? Hope he does well and returns an improved player.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's an odd one - next season we could have him, sutton, hartson, bellamy, zurawski, beattie and maloney. hartson really really sucks so hoppefully we'll sell him and maloney i think will be loaned out or sold, sutton's always injured and might play in defence or something, conceivably. but no one knows really

i imagine he'll be given a good chance to start though. not much point signing him otherwise. i'm quite interested in the signing actually

I'll give short odds on him being injured most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What constitutes 'most if the time'? If you define it, then I might take the bet. icon_smile.gif

• Administrators

Our good friends at Marca say Dein's definitely talking about Baptista (the official line is that they're talking Reyes stuff, as that deal has potential future payments and whatnot), and that the deal might not be for this summer, but possibly for after the World Cup.

Leave him alone icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Where do you guys see Baptista fitting into your system if he signs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he can play in that Bergkamp role just behind the striker

but i dont think we'll get him anyway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Henry will stay

THIERRY HENRY insists he is not looking to quit Arsenal despite interest from Spanish champions Barcelona.

The French striker killed off speculation about his future during a holiday trip to Dubai, where he met officials of Gunners sponsors Emirates Airline.

From The Scum

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Real seal Robinho deal

by Graeme Bailey - created on 2 Jul 2005

Real Madrid have finally reached agreement with Santos over Robinho, ending any floundering hopes Arsenal had of landing the player.

For months, Real have been tracking the Brazilian starlet and they agreed terms with the player's representatives some months ago.

However, Santos have thus far refused all of Real's offers.

Arsenal made a move last week, but that has seemingly just spurred Real into sealing the move - although Robinho always underlined his intent to move to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Agreement was reached late on Friday at Santos president Marcelo Teixeira's house and Real will pay €25 million for Robinho - although Santos will only receive 60 percent of that, as the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro owns the rest of him.

The last straw for Santos was when Robinho failed to turn up for training on Friday, following his participation at The Confederations Cup in Germany.

Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno was confirmed his delight at Robinho's impending arrival in the Spanish capital.

"Robinho has been the soccer sensation of the last year," he said.

"Although he is very young, his contribution to Real Madrid can be spectacular. Luxemburgo only took seconds in giving his opinion. Wanderley is enchanted by his arrival."

Madrid will now turn their attentions elsewhere, having already landed Robinho, plus two further South Americans in the shape of Carlos Diogo and Pablo Garcia.

One player still being strongly linked in England and Spain is Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

It is claimed in both country's media that contract negotiations are not going well - with Spanish sources saying that Gerrard's huge demands are a tactic to engineer a move to Madrid.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Gerrard, but the longer talks ensure without progress - the more speculation about his future there will be.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

I'll give short odds on him being injured most of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What constitutes 'most if the time'? If you define it, then I might take the bet. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll still end up top scorer in Scotland next season. Thats a bet you definitely wanna take up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Real Madrid have finally reached agreement with Santos over Robinho, ending any floundering hopes Arsenal had of landing the player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone in here have hopes? Really?

Archived