Senegal's Arsenal thread 2005/6 - A redcurranty farewell to the Home of Footballâ„¢

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

As a Marseille supporter, I was wondering what the take is amongst Arsenal fans concerning Arsène Wenger's interest in Samir Nasri, our 18-year-old attacking midfielder. He's still under contract with l'OM until 2007.

You still owe us for Flamini, by the way, and apparently there is going to be a ruling on that in the next few weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of him myself. But if hes young and french hes probably got a chance of signing icon_wink.gif

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Jeremie Aliadiere has revealed he has signed a three-year contract extension at Arsenal.

The French striker had 12 months remaining on his deal at Highbury but is now tied to The Gunners until 2009.

Aliadiere has endured an injury-plagued last couple of years and missed much of the past season due to a knee problem.

He returned before the end of the term but had been warned by Arsene Wenger that the coming campaign will be a crucial period for Aliadiere.

The Gunners boss clearly feels the 22-year-old is worth persevering with as he has handed the young attacker a new, long-term deal.

But while Aliadiere is tied to the FA Cup winners for the next four years, he could spend next season out on loan.

Paris Saint Germain have been longstanding admirers of the player while there is further interest, although Aliadiere is waiting to see what develops.

Aliadiere told L'Equipe: "No decision has been made and I have nothing concrete yet." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has to make it, I spent a boring afternoon last summer learning to spell his name as I was certain he'd make a break through and thought I'd be typing it often. icon_frown.gif

The effort I'll have wasted if he doesn't make it. icon13.gif

Pretty sure we're after a striker, we've been linked to a few recently. Also rememeber Wenger commenting on it - when talking about the possiblity of Bergkmap signing a new contract - he said something like Bergkamp will have to be happy that he may not always be first choice, due to his age and the possiblity of someone else coming in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

I think this season will be too soon for Lupoli, Quincy is the main one I hink will be breaking through.

does extending his contrat make it more or less likely we'll be bringing in another striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I say this season, I mean the forthcoming season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

does extending his contrat make it more or less likely we'll be bringing in another striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means we can get a fee for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

It means we can get a fee for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah next summer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

and Lupoli wont make it at Arsenal sadly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What makes you think he won't succeed? He's banged them in for the reserves, but he doesn't have any amazing attributes likes speed

He don't really miss though does he

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

No mention of your supposed interest in Sheyi Adebayor in here? He's said Monaco have received two offers for him - from Toulouse and yourselves.

think Kanu, tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A hat trick at the bridge in August then? icon_cool.gif

Really not sure about Adebayor. I've watched him play a few games in the CL and french league with Monaco but he's never convinced me.

It would be interesting to see what Wenger would do with him but after Aliadiere signing a new deal and Dennis having another year i wouldnt be too surprised if we don't sign another forward.

This Hleb deal is something which has excited me though, he geniunely one of the best playermakers in the Bundesliga alongside Ballack and Rosicky and I think he'll do brilliantly for us

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

No mention of your supposed interest in Sheyi Adebayor in here? He's said Monaco have received two offers for him - from Toulouse and yourselves.

think Kanu, tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A hat trick at the bridge in August then? icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'koff icon_frown.gif

Um, he's massive, fairly decent, but you can do better, far far better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

Iirc we decided that Adebayor wasn't what we wanted and his strike rate is abysmal, although I may be getting confused with Arseblog. What's your opinion on him Juni? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah we did.

Also decided that it's most probably just sh*te he is drumming up, in the hope of securing a new deal for himself at Monaco.

Theres another big signing coming next week, other than Hleb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to share you wisdom Father?

Wish I could but the person who has the wisdom cant share it.

Has a good track record though, knew about Reyes before it broke in the media.

Arsebloggers will know who it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I regularly read the website but im not a member icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronaldinho93:

Wish I could but the person who has the wisdom cant share it.

Has a good track record though, knew about Reyes before it broke in the media.

Arsebloggers will know who it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I regularly read the website but im not a member icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an 'arseblogger' but I don't know who Rob's talking about icon_biggrin.gif

they havent told me, thats the point. You go on Arseblog dont you? Read the transfers section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do icon_biggrin.gif Which thread?

Wenger's Title Plan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Arsene Wenger has vowed to get Arsenal back on top in The Premiership next season, by adding new faces and keeping his top stars at Highbury.

Wenger has revealed his plan for leading The Gunners back to Premiership glory, with his first project to recruit two new world class players to his squad.

"I will win back our place at the top of the table by putting into action plans I have been working on," said Wenger.

"They include recruiting two world-class players to make us stronger. I prefer to keep what positions they play in to myself, but I know where I need to change things.

"When you are talking about these sorts of things, you have to remain as discreet as possible otherwise things can go wrong and other people can hear what you intend to do.

"A lot of it, of course, depends on any eventual departures from Arsenal in the summer."

Three of the players who will not be leaving North London are skipper Patrick Vieira, top scorer Thierry Henry and winger Robert Pires.

Wenger believes keeping those three men is key to regaining the title, and he has no intentions of letting them go.

"There have been rumours about Thierry and Barcelona," added Wenger. "Of course I know about them, but they're all just talk. They are rumours and they are unfounded and he isn't going anywhere.

"The same goes for Patrick. He will also stay with us for next season - as will Robert.

"To win back the title we must keep up our standards and we aim to do that. But we must also bring on the youngsters even more.

"My main feeling at the end of last season was frustration because I'm a competitor and I don't like finishing second.

"But we came up against opponents who proved to be stronger than us - that is something I have to admit.

"We finished with the best attacking record in The Premiership, won the FA Cup and finished a long way ahead of Liverpool, who went on to win the Champions League.

"But Chelsea were superior and made the most of a bad run we had which was fatal to our chances.

"Overall, I'm happy. We will continue to blood our youngsters and we will be a force in the new season.

"I am still excited by the challenge and will look forward to trying to win The Premiership again."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived