Pressing

Hi all, I'm quite new here.

I have a simple question.

Has anyone of you noticed pressing isn't working?

When I set pressing for my CD/CD (Right/Left Midfielder), even if I set it to maximum (I play the game in italian, I don't know how to translate correctly "a tutto campo", maybe "all over the field"), these player will in any case never press the attacking players.

They will constantly put themselfes over the defenders line waiting for attacking player to make crosses without any minumum pressing. That happens in ALL my matches and since FM2009. It has been fixed in 2009 with the last patch, it has been never fixed in 2010 and it is now still present in 2011.

I play with 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 ( 3 Defenders, 2 Defensive Midfielders, 1Right & 1 Left Midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder (Trequartista), 2 forwards) since FM 1492 A.D. and I noticed the "pressing problem" since FM 2009.

This is a game simulating a manager job. My preferred tactic is 3 4 1 2 that way, and I think my players HAVE TO follow my instructions, even if those seem very stupid to my player/game, cause it is MY tactic.

The pressing, in a lower way, doesn't work even for the defending midfielder/defenders.

This isn't a problem affecting me only.

Excuse my for my english.

I agree i have hard tackling and i like to press the other teams get stuck in so to speak but on the match engine they just stand there give the other team lots off room to pass and shoot not once have i seen one off my players get into them..

Bug or just bad tactics?

I agree i have hard tackling and i like to press the other teams get stuck in so to speak but on the match engine they just stand there give the other team lots off room to pass and shoot not once have i seen one off my players get into them..

Bug or just bad tactics?

I don't think it is a "bad tactics" issue, 'cause if I set "pressing all over the field", they HAVE to do pressing all over the field, adding I set them to Very Offensive mentality, hard tackling, and NO offside trap (let us be clear,even if I was using offside trap, using logic the player would not have to go back and back and back letting the attacking team go to my area.)

I don't think it is a "bad tactics" issue, 'cause if I set "pressing all over the field", they HAVE to do pressing all over the field, adding I set them to Very Offensive mentality, hard tackling, and NO offside trap (let us be clear,even if I was using offside trap, using logic the player would not have to go back and back and back letting the attacking team go to my area.)

Some of the important attributes that contribute to Tackling and Pressing are Bravery, Aggression, Decisions, Acceleration and of course, Tackling. Check to see how high your players are rated in these attributes.

Some of the important attributes that contribute to Tackling and Pressing are Bravery, Aggression, Decisions, Acceleration and of course, Tackling. Check to see how high your players are rated in these attributes.

Thank you for your advices, but do you think I'm stupid? :)

I use this tactic since I ever have been on FM, I have used thousand of players (not hundreds, thousand) and every player since FM2009 doesn't make the pressing at all. They don't do "just a little bit of pressing instead of a lot of pressing", they don't make pressing at all! And other than that they pull themselfes beyond the line of the defenders.

Tihinen, it is a documented flaw of the match engine that when you play with 3 centra; defenders it treats any wide players as full backs when defending, whether your formation has them at the wingback/side midfielder formation. that's why they keep retreating. not much you can do to fix this, but giving them as much offensive instructions to encourage them moving up the field and engaging opposition players as soon as possible. also, lowering their creative freedommight work, although this will of course affect all areas of their game, not just pressing, so it might not be good overall. There is a thread started by crouchaldinho about the 3-4-1-2 formation that talks about this in detail. i hope it helps you. buona fortuna! :)

Tihinen, it is a documented flaw of the match engine that when you play with 3 centra; defenders it treats any wide players as full backs when defending, whether your formation has them at the wingback/side midfielder formation. that's why they keep retreating. not much you can do to fix this, but giving them as much offensive instructions to encourage them moving up the field and engaging opposition players as soon as possible. also, lowering their creative freedommight work, although this will of course affect all areas of their game, not just pressing, so it might not be good overall. There is a thread started by crouchaldinho about the 3-4-1-2 formation that talks about this in detail. i hope it helps you. buona fortuna! :)

Thank you Pandemonium. So it's a documented flaw. It is in the "to fix" list?

Unfortunately my Right/Left Midifielder are already setted with very offensive mentality, few creative freedom, "all over the field" pressing, hard tackling, no free movement (libertà di movimento). But the results are the same, anyway.

lastly, I thank you so much for your advices, but I don't think I will go to see crouchaldinho thread, for only one reason: I should not have the need to see another player way to bypass a problem. Cause I should have only the chance to set my tactits as I want, right or wrong as they are, and my player have to do what I ask them. Cause we are talking about a "managing" game, or not? :)

But thank you a lot! :)

Thank you for your advices, but do you think I'm stupid? :)

I use this tactic since I ever have been on FM, I have used thousand of players (not hundreds, thousand) and every player since FM2009 doesn't make the pressing at all. They don't do "just a little bit of pressing instead of a lot of pressing", they don't make pressing at all! And other than that they pull themselfes beyond the line of the defenders.

No, I don't think you're stupid, mainly because I don't really know you. I'm not facing any problem when I ask my players to press. In fact they press the * out of my opponent team, and I usually maintain 55-65% possession. So, it's not a problem with the game, it's you.

No, I don't think you're stupid, mainly because I don't really know you. I'm not facing any problem when I ask my players to press. In fact they press the * out of my opponent team, and I usually maintain 55-65% possession. So, it's not a problem with the game, it's you.

Yes, for sure. It me the problem. Do you use 3 4 1 2? or another tactic?

And I never told you I haven't a good ball possession.

And I will add further, I never told you that i LOSE with my tactic. I have just sayed that my R/L midfielder don't do the pressing the way I want.

God why do people insist in coming into threads to gloat about their tactics....this fella is having a problem that others are having too. Either help him or leave him alone. Nobody cares if you have 95% possession an your opponent can't get the ball within 20 yards of your goal.....

God why do people insist in coming into threads to gloat about their tactics....this fella is having a problem that others are having too. Either help him or leave him alone. Nobody cares if you have 95% possession an your opponent can't get the ball within 20 yards of your goal.....

Yeh smarty, I did leave him alone. I sais what I said coz he ****ed me off for trying to help him out. I dont have that much ball possession as I mentioned before, it just sounded like something which would hit him harder. Either way, I'm done with this thread, don't think I can offer much help unless I'm facing a similar problem.

Oh, hey there!

I came to complain about being unable to cut crosses in my box, because my defenders just back up until the opponent is in position to make a cross. At least sometimes they do a good job on blocking the pass into corner, but I still haven't figured out how to achieve this on regular basis.

Oh, hey there!

I came to complain about being unable to cut crosses in my box, because my defenders just back up until the opponent is in position to make a cross. At least sometimes they do a good job on blocking the pass into corner, but I still haven't figured out how to achieve this on regular basis.

we have to wait an official answer by the Sigames.

Archived