FM11: Blackburn Rovers Thread

NotPotter

I find it ludicrous that you can sign those players for Rovers, this is what i'm going to try and avoid in my next save. it feels 'wrong'

Kindof agree. Not sure what Neymar sees in B'burn but oh well, he did finish 3rd, soooo. Still, people like to play the game their way. I probably play more inline with what i see as realistic, but that is subjective and no more superior to anyone else's style.

How is it ludicrous, it is similar to reality. They are linked with world-class players because of their owners

Past it WC players like RVN and Ronaldinho, not Benzema and Neymar :D

Kindof agree. Not sure what Neymar sees in B'burn but oh well, he did finish 3rd, soooo. Still, people like to play the game their way. I probably play more inline with what i see as realistic, but that is subjective and no more superior to anyone else's style.

Past it WC players like RVN and Ronaldinho, not Benzema and Neymar :D

hehe. believe me they will get signings that will amaze you this summer, even they won't get anywhere :)

Im at the start of season 4 with the mighty (there mighty now) Blackburn, heres how the last 3 seasons went down:

Season 10/11

Transfers In

N/A

Transfers Out

Mark Bunn - 1.5 m

Jason Roberts - 1 m

Keith Andrews - 500 k Loan Fee

League Cup - 4th Round

FA Cup - 5th Round

5wgnsw.jpg

Season 11/12

Transfers In

Romelu Lukaku - 10 m

Alex Chamberlain - 2 m

Micah Richards - 5 m

Sebastian Bassong - 3 m

Owen Hargreaves - Free

Jamie O'Hara - 2 m

Jordan Ayew - 1 m Loan Fee

Transfers Out

Vincenzo Grella - 1 m

Mauro Formica - 8 m

Herold Goulon - 1 m

El Hadji Diouf - 2 m

Keith Andrews - 100 k Loan Fee

League Cup - Quarter Finals

FA Cup - 4th Round

Champions League - Runners Up (Couldnt believe it, even beat Real Madrid 6-2 over 2 legs, spanked 3-0 by Barca in the Final)

ra6xs9.jpg

Season 12/13

Transfers In

Carlos Vela - 2.5 m

Sandro - 3 m

Sergio Asenjo - Free

Aaron Ramsey - Loan Fee of 1 m

Kyle Walker - 3 m

Eric Abidal - Free

Aaron Ramsey - 5 m (January)

Transfers Out

Ryan Nelsen - 250 k

Keith Andrews - 500 k (Finally)

Amine Linganzi - 1.5 m

League Cup - Runners Up

FA Cup - Winners

Champions League - Runners Up

qno092.jpg

2m7f4p1.jpg

Season 13/14 - Current

Transfers In

Gregory van der Wiel - Free

Alberto Paloschi - Free

Transfers Out

Ruben Rochina - Loan Fee of 500 k

Kyle Walker - 5 m

Frank Fielding - 1.5 m

Gavin Gunning - 500 k

Squad:

30bi8nr.jpg

what instructions are you using for each position, you are doing well

like yourself I am performing well with Rovers, 5th end of Jan.

I have lost Hoilett much to my chagrin, want N'Zogbia to replace but he isn't in my range.. Gutted about Hoilett he has played like Messi IRL.

got Corluka on loan, Kadlec and alot of young belgians/brazilians. I don't want too unrealistic signings, Corluka is a bit silly, but then so is Hutton benching him!

season 3

third season went pretty well for me, won the EPL on the last day, out of the FA cup in the 6th round away at villa which was a little disapointing. out of the league cup in the 4th round away at arsenal which didnt bother me too much. went out of the champions league in the last 16 to schalke on away goals, neuer played a 8 at there place were i won 1-0, then he got mom with a 9.2 at ewood as i lost 2-1 to a wonder goal from there brazilian regen.

league table

table1213.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lots of transfer spending, had a pretty big revamp of the squad.

trns1213.jpg

Neymar and benzema were not up to scratch so out they went, i knew i had a 4 star rated brazilian regen coming in january so my plan was to use kalinic/vossen/canales till then. however cavani was offered to me @ 30mill, hes clearly the best striker on the game and i knew i could afford him at 15m + 15 over 48 if i sold kalinic, he was worth every penny.

enyama went as i didnt feel he was doing it the big games, in came romero, whos been very reliable for me.

the beast called samba had to go, with barca/real/milan sniffing around him i knew id get a good price, id also been somewhat unhappy with his performances in europe, i have a feeling his aerial mastery was inflating his ratings. I was happy enough with hummels as his replacement.

player of the season was easily canales, he always get either a goal or an assist, his stats are really good now, easily my best signing so far. cavani wasnt far behind, a regular source of goals, hitting 34 in 42 with 11 assists.

canales

ces.jpg

cesstats.jpg

season 4

4th season was a bit of a mixed bag for me. went out of the League cup in the 4th round away to arsenal and out of the fa cup away to man city in the 6th. I couldnt compete with liverpool in the EPL, they racked up a crazy 97 points, thank god daglish retired at the end of the season.

On the plus side i got the final of the champions league, beating feyenord, juventus and arsenal on the way. I llost in the final to a lloris inspired lyon, but having lost cavani for the last 3 months of the season i was happy just to get there.

LT

s4lt.jpg

After the previous years revamp i only added a few free transfers to the squad, my only major purchase was a 4 star regen for 16.75M, though tbh i think i overpaid for him.

11665907.jpg

star of the season was certainly cavani its a shame he was injured for the final 3 months of the season, overall he hit 53 in 39 with 11 assists and an average rating of 8.34. the guy is a monster upfront, though a big reason for all those goals was canales magic left foot, he managed 29 goals in 54 apps, with 41 assists. between them they won a lot of awards at the end of the season, and made me realise i neeeded another creative player to play on the right of the front 3.

87983896.jpg

67959734.jpg

Season Review 14/15

This is probably the best season I've had on any my fm11 saves, my Blackburn team spent the season destroying everything in It's path.

I was really pleased to do the triple with a squad whose average age is 21, my first 11 dosen't really need changing for the next 3-4 years, so i'm really going to focus on bringing youngsters through and getting a new stadium built.

Having read this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters i decided on a complete revamp of my set up, i released all my 1 star rated youth teamers, brought in a coach with good stats to manage them and brought in a lot of 3-4 star rated youths,

Players In - 43.5 M

Igor akinfeev 26 M

Boris Kaufmann 9.5M (regen)

J.Pastore - free

rest was spent on various regens to fill up my youth team

Players Out - 79M

mats hummels 11.25M - inter

Park chu young 9.25 - calagri

jelle vossen - 9.75 newcastle

various squad players made up the rest of the sales.

I got akinfeev in because i needed a keeper who i could rely on to play well in the big games, romero was good but let me down too often in the big games. hummels left for the same reason, the regen i got in was easily as good as him @17 and for the most part did well against the good teams.

Pastore came in to play on the right of my front 3, a position i've really struggled to fill since i let holliet go in the second season.

First/Second XI

GK: akinfeev/kean

DL: digne/M.torres

DC: jones/A.Carda (regen) dubbed the next F.Heirro fwiw

DC: kauffma/Carda

DR: Vrsajlko/M.torres

MC: Nzonzi/defour

MLC: Sissoko/dueland(regen)

MRC: Fellaini

SLC: canales/koolman(regen)

SC: cavani/anderson(regen)

SRC: pastore

the great thing about my first 11 is there all so fit i can run a bare bones squad, they can happily play a game every 3 days with a days rest in between without getting tired or injured.

Premier League

My team were brilliant in the premier league, my only loss was 3-2 at home to arsenal when wengers half time team talk caused them to score 3 in 10 minutes.

s5lt.jpg

Domestic Cups

Lost to reading in the 3rd round of the league cup as per usual. Won the FA cup, despite being down to 10 men after 25 mins i beat liverpool 2-1 in the final.

Champions League

I had 4 brilliant games against the 2 madrid teams, a brilliant 5-0 home win against real was bettered by the 5-4 away win at athletico. We were 1-0 at half time and cruising, at this point aguero starting to work his magic and i found myself 4-3 down with only added time to play, but 2 goals in added time got me a great win, the final was pretty easy, we got revenge on lyon for the previous years defeat,

12153991.jpg

my teams performance in the CL was shown in the team of the year.

2015ccdreamteam.jpg

Best Players

my front 3 were in deadly form all season, no other team could live with them.

Cavani : 49(2) apps 47 goals 16 assists 8 mom

canales : 52 apps 28 goals 32 assists 10 mom

pastore : 56(1) 24 goals 28 assists 4 mom

Summary

A great season, my first 11 is good enough to dominate Europe for the next 3-4 years at least. My focus now will be on bringing through youngsters for the first team.

Completely forgot about this thread.

Just finished my fourth season as 3rd on 85 points, three points more than the previous season even though I finished second back then. Comfortably won the group in the CL ahead of Bayern, Atletico Madrid & Anderlecht on my debut, beat Celtic in the last 16 before going down to Lyon 6-3 on aggregate (3-3 at home, 0-3 away).

Here are my tactics...

http://img821.imageshack.us/i/taxo.jpg/

I play 4-4-2 at home except when I play a top side, while 4-2-3-1 gets the nod away from home unless I'm playing a garbage team.

Squad:

http://img859.imageshack.us/i/squad.jpg/

Hazard obviously stands out from the lot but Kalinic's impact has been impressive. Necid is my preferred up top so I mainly Nikola as an impact sub and he seemed to score whenever he got on so I gave him more and more playing time and he really has delivered. Twenty goals in as many starts + 6 sub appearances in the league, second only to Edin Dzeko. Class. Gotta mention Kyle Bartley too, I never thought he'd improve this much:

http://img839.imageshack.us/i/bartley.jpg/

Regens:

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/bristow.jpg/

Dubbed the new Nobby Stiles ( :D ), 180-ish PA from what I recall, solid backup.

http://img651.imageshack.us/i/fernandezalonso.jpg/

Brilliant player in the making - 196 PA! I expect him to become first choice within a season or two, only downside is rubbish left foot.

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/joaof.jpg/

Another gem I picked up for a measly 3.5M quid. The left wing belongs to Hazard so I'm training this guy to play on the right (keeping his right-footedness in mind) and with Hoilett set to leave he'll get a lot of playing time next season.

I'm a bit lazy to post all my transfers but if someone really wants to see them, I'll comply...

I just use this guys tactic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/260977-433-11.3-Amazing-tactic

get 2 quick creative players for the left and right strikers, preferably with left footer on the left and right footer on the right. even better if they have "looks for pass rather than shot" ppm and "moves into channels" ppm. the central striker needs to be a bit of everything, kalamic is quite good for this role, cavani is godly there, the "drops deep for the ball" ppm helps a lot.

Good to see a few successful managers going well.

I have restarted my Blackburn save due to getting a tad frustrated (must be a real life thing?). But anyway I have just finished my first season with mixed results. After a modest started, I ended up with a horrid ten game streak which result in 3 draws and 6 straight defeats leading up to Christmas. With the new arriving so did my luck, when we broke the run with a 4 nil win over Sunderland at home. Furthermore went on a wee run of 8 wins in a row, including to cup ties. Pictures below of my season.

My preferences for my games are as follows -

Transfers - I prefer to sign British players under 21, that have been capped at youth level. If I am looking at signing a player outside this, they need to be under 27 and capped at National level.

Youth Policy - Where ever possible I try and develop 3 star or high players into my first team.

Wage Budget - I tend to try and stay under 500K if not playing in Europe, and under 700K if playing in a continental competition.

Player Statues - Maximum of 4 Key players within my squad, with maximum wages below 50K, unless playing in a continental competition.

Season 2010-11

Transfers

Overall really happy with what took place here. I managed to cut down on my wages quite a bit, especially after I sent Santa Cruz back to Man City who was on 75K. Roberts, Emerton, Pedersen, Salgado, Grella all on big wages 35K. On the flip side of signings in, young promising players apart from Ridgewell who at 25yrs, who was to be the first choice Left back, but a run of poor form and injury was unable to break back into the team.

transfers11.jpg

Tactics

I started with a 442, then went to a 4411 swapped and changed a bit between those 2 tactics, probably resulting in my bad form, until I settled on a attacking 451 as below.

tactic11.jpg

Squad Overall

team11i.jpg

Season Overall

What looked like a disastrous season early, turned out to be what I was aiming for in the first instance. I qualified for the Euro cup with finishing runner's up to Man City in the FA cup, with a unlucky 1 nil loss in the 83rd minute. I expect to build on this seasons progress into next. In regards to signings, Looking to add Erkison form Ajax or Shelvy from Liverpool to the squad and another young Central Defender. I have Mark Van Bommel coming in on a 1 year contract, with view form him to tutor some of my younger midfield players, and if I get 15 -20 games out of him I will be happy.

ladder11.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, having taken a break from my Rovers save, I have decided to get through my 3rd season on the save and here is how it turned out:

Examining my squad over the summer, the area that I thought should have been strengthened was right-back. A promising goalkeeper and an experienced striker would also have been helpful. As a result, here are my transfer dealings for the 3rd season:

In - Micah Richards (from Man City - £2.9m) and Alex Smithies (from Huddersfield - £1.5m). I also signed three experienced players on free transfers in Olic, Demichelis and Abidal with Ravel Morrison also being brought from Man Utd for the future.

Out - El-Hadji Diouf (to Bari - £675k), Jake Kean (to Birmingham - £500k) and players including Emerton, Nelsen and Grella were given free transfers. I also sent a few players out on loan to gain first team experience (Potts, Morris, Hanley and Dilo.)

After all this, here is the 1st choice I eventually stumbled across:

Smithies, Richards, Samba, Givet, Contento, Altintop, Gago, Valero, Olsson, Kalinic, Olic.

Here are some stats from the 3rd season:

Top Goalscorer - Olic - 36 (OMG!)

Most Assists - Valero - 16

Highest Average Rating - Samba - 7.44

Most MoMs - Olic - 8

Competition Summary

In the League, my players stepped up a notch in their ambitions as the Champions League spots was always in sight all season. Unfortunately, a very tough run-in produced too many dropped points and the team had to be content with bettering the first two campaigns, finishing in 6th place. Before the untidy ending, the players upped their game defeating Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the first half of the season and also beating Man Utd after Christmas. The season highlight though as most definitely the 5-0 hammering the players dished out to bitter local rivals Burnley, the supporters were loving me after that:

http://imageshack.us/f/163/englishpremierdivisione.jpg/

Like in the 1st season, my players were given the modest target of a League Cup quarter-final finish but they went on to win it instead. The players defeated Blackpool, Sheff Utd, Man City and Leicester to get to Wembley where Birmingham were waiting. It was a game my boys dominated but only won thanks to a real howler from keeper Foster:

http://imageshack.us/f/88/birminghamvblackburncar.jpg/

In the FA Cup, the players were given the target of reaching at least the 6th round. They needed a replay to defeat Nottm Forest before disposing of Leyton Orient away from home. The run came to a surprise end however in the next round as Wolves came from behind to win 3-1 at Molineux.

After getting to the Europa final last season, it was always going to be difficult to repeat the feat this time round. The players started well enough, advancing from a group consisting of Sevilla (again), Feyenoord and Brondby. The first knockout round saw my team face French giants Marseille where we came unstuck as a first leg thrashing of 3-0 was too much to come back from and the club bowed out 4-3 on aggregate.

So, it was again a pretty productive campaign from the players although it was arguably my worst so far in my Blackburn career so far. A good league position and another trophy was tempered somewhat by the early exits in the FA Cup and in Europe.

Summer Transfer Plans

Looking at my squad as I head into the summer, I feel the need to freshen up some areas including right-wing, central midfield and possibly a few youngsters added to the club.

What do you think of my 3rd season guys? Do you think there was under-achievement from the exits, particularly the FA Cup. Also, what do you think of my chances of challenging for the Champions League spots more consistently in the coming seasons? And what areas of the squad should I be concentrating on that I have missed out here?

Any suggestions and feedback much appreciated.

Hey i have just started a blackburn game and i really am struggling to find someone to play right back. I am using Emerton and Hoillet as rm and i only have Salgado as rb and i dont feel he is good enough to start any game.

I have brought in alot of backroom staff to help with my training and i have sold the likes of Bunn, Grella and Roberts.

I have around £3m to spend. any other recommendations for any other positions would be nice to guys. Thanks

• 1 month later...

[video=youtube;VL-jz2egDYU]

Chris Samba looking like a striker.

Anyone tried developing Rochina? Scored 2 in 2 for me obviously that is only two matches he used to be brilliant on FM09 I think it was.

• 1 month later...

im in jan 2015 i have managed man city (sacked 6months) barcelona b (left after new job) took over Athletic Club Bilbao and got them into the top league in spain. took over blackburn in the summer of 2012

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/unledldz.png/

my senior team

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/unleddyh.png/

getting eto to come one a free was good to help my young strikers out, have a few good players out on loan and have been trying to build for the future by singing players for the future and selling a few on to make a few big signings! i hope to make the top 4 but its a big ask

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/unledktvy.png/

some big teams below me could really push on towards the end of the season

Archived