Suggestion: Career Mode / Becoming Chairman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

the variety could be made the same,but it would take a lot more power for the engine to process 3d players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely my point, and whilst it is possible and a lot of people would enjoy it, it just isn't possible for a lot of other people who only play FM and so don't focus on graphics etc. It would lead to people like me and probably many many others having to buy new computers just to be able to play FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

i like the idea of being on the board, then you could say you're unhappy about losing 1-0 in september, despite winning the domestic treble and a european cup! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a very exciting game! Oh... wait...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

That would be a very exciting game! Oh... wait... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be so hasty to discard it. There could be a variety of options e.g.

- I'm gutted you didn't win today.

- You're fired.

- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

- Fiddle sticks, you've cost us our unbeaten record you nincompoop.

I'm wet just thinking about it.

the game is called FOOTBALL manager not PLAYBOY manager. its about football simulation, not about lifestyles. it isnt fifa manager, it isnt the sims, this game is a football management simulation. dont ruin that for the 95% of us that like managing our team rather that buying a house

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

PLAYBOY manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i'd buy that!! By Playboy manager I assume you mean Playboy editor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

PLAYBOY manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i'd buy that!! By Playboy manager I assume you mean Playboy editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was in reference to the playboy lifestyle that these people are requesting to add into the game :p

I think this thread confuses two points. "Career mode", i.e. giving the existing manager houses, cars and a trophy blonde is obviously a bad idea. Facets of being "chairman", i.e. having more financial input/control, I would actually vaguely support, but I don't think that's what the poster is getting at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm wet just thinking about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif You disgust me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Kit changes is actually a nice idea (although I don't see why we should be able to choose them as the manager IRL wouldn't) but the 3D match engine is a massive no no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hit the nail on the head. A manager, although may have some input towards kits and colors, would not decide himself. Having changing kits would still be good though, even if the manager doesn't decide. (Changing sponsors on shirts would be nice too)

As for the OP - The idea of a person being a player, taking over a small club, building his way to success and then eventually owning a club is mind numbing. If you can name me 3 people that have done this in real life, I will be amazed. This couldn't be further from realistic than any other feature FIFA Manager (or whatever game it is) has.

Lets let SI get the fundamentals of FM spot on, consistently, before we start talking about the piff that goes into the game as "extra"

Archived