FM08: Valencia CF - Bienvenido a la Mestalla

moggydave

Originally posted by benroscrow:

I've just started a game with Valencia using the beta patch still. So far i have signed Ignashevich (free), Pandev (12m) and Lulinha (arriving january). I do have to strengthen my defence as soon as possible.

I've seen a few formations people have been using on this forum. I have decided to go for a flat back 4, 1 defensive midfielder, a wide right and left midfielder with 2 attacking midfield centres then the lone striker.

Just want to ask for peoples opinions on that formation? what team instructions do people use?

Like short passing with a fast tempo?

Also depending on the loan striker, should i set them as a target man ,changing target aim to run onto ball/head depending on Zigic or Villa.

Thanks for anyones help...

Firstly, good luck with the season icon_biggrin.gif

I bought Samba for £1.5M and he's been solid for me beside Albiol. He's playing on 7.36 after 36 matches, he's scored 8 and assisted 3. He's worth 4.6M now. He's only got 14 pace but his aerial ability is great.

A lotta people use that formation with Valencia. I think they put Zigic up front, as a target man ofcourse (aim at head), with D.Villa and Silva behind him. You could give and option for Villa to run forward too. I heard that it's better to set a slow tempo if your striker is not a pacy guy, and a fast one if he is.

I actually use 4 flat backs, a DM, 4 mids and Villa upfront for the majority of my matches. I just got my 1st league defeat after 25 games (Won 20, drew 4, lost 1, scored 58, conc 15). Madrid are 10 pts behind me, and barca 16 pts behind. I'm playing Chelsea in CL 1st Rnd Knockouts, and Barca in Spanish Semis.

I wouldn't recommend using your formation for away games, as there wont be many people back and their midfield will win the ball most of the time. Playing 4-1-4-1 with the CMs running to AM would probably be better since they'll find it harder to get past.

Good luck with your tactic whatever you choose.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gk-cani, hilderbrand

cb-albiol, zapata, helguera , marchena riise, miguel, moreti

dm-albelda, sunny

am-silva, vicente, joaquin, mata, van der vaart, adu , edu

attack-aguero , villa, zigic

as my defence some can play dm

so what strengthens i shud make to the team besides what tactic shud i also use.

Originally posted by 3alawi:

gk-cani, hilderbrand

dm-albelda, sunny

so what strengthens i shud make to the team besides what tactic shud i also use.

What season are you in? And why do you still have Cani

Buy a keeper if Hildebrand isn't good enough for you: Ustari, Lloris, Akinfeev

You just need a backup for CB so no-one great: Samba if he's still cheap. I dunno what season your in so I dunno who's expensive etc.

Again, backup for DM, Sunny should be your best DM by now. Mascherano on free transfer if it isn;t too late, otherwise find someone else for under 10M.

AM is fine with Silva, Vicente, VDV, Adu, and Mata should be better if you're 2 seasons in

Attack is fine, you just need a 4th striker so buy someone young with potential, eg: Saivet, Balotelli etc

Would be better if you told us what season

Good luck

Thanks for your help and advice teeyougee. I'll keep you updated with how i do, on this forum. My starting line up so far is...

Hindelbrand

Miguel Albiol Ignashevich Marcelo

Albelda ©

Joaquin Vicente

Silva Pandev

Villa

Subs: Canizares, Alexis, Helguera, Sunny, Mata, Angulo, Zigic

I play short passing, quick tempo using villa as target men (run onto ball).

Individual instructions include:

Goalkeeper: using quick throw outs

Centre backs: defensive with low creative freedom

Defensive Mid: forward runs rarely, defensive mentality, through balls often, closing down often

Wingers: forward runs often, run with ball often, through balls mixed

Attacking Mids: forward runs often, through balls often

Forwards: all mixed.

If anyone could give any hints on instructions please do...

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3alawi:

gk-cani, hilderbrand

dm-albelda, sunny

What season are you in? And why do you still have Cani

Buy a keeper if Hildebrand isn't good enough for you: Ustari, Lloris, Akinfeev

You just need a backup for CB so no-one great: Samba if he's still cheap. I dunno what season your in so I dunno who's expensive etc.

Again, backup for DM, Sunny should be your best DM by now. Mascherano on free transfer if it isn;t too late, otherwise find someone else for under 10M.

AM is fine with Silva, Vicente, VDV, Adu, and Mata should be better if you're 2 seasons in

Attack is fine, you just need a 4th striker so buy someone young with potential, eg: Saivet, Balotelli etc

Would be better if you told us what season

Good luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im startin season 2 rite now so any other comments u can make thnxx

A great year for the mighty Valencia icon_biggrin.gif

Spanish League Table

Spanish u19s League Table

Spanish Cup Champions icon_biggrin.gif

Champions League Quater-Finalists (Lost 4-3)

Spanish Player of the Year:

1. Silva, 2. David Villa, 3. Joaquin icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Spanish League Player of the Year:- Silva

Top Goalscorer:- David Villa; 28 goals in 27 matches

Manager of the Year:- Tee icon_biggrin.gif

Team of the Year:- 5 players; Albiol, Silva, Joaquin, Aguero, Villa

Hopefully I can continue this form in season 2

I have a question.

When managing Valencia, I frequently faced with a problem of not being able to keep my key players like Villa, Silva and Joaquin. If I keep rejecting offers, they will be fustrated.

Can anyone recommend me a solution?

dont reject the offers man! just negotiate with the teams. for example if RM enquire abt silva, u set the price as 100mil or something. unless RM have tt much money, they'll not follow up with the enquiry. main thing is to not directly reject. icon_biggrin.gif works every time and the player wont get frustrated.

Originally posted by boomerr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have a question.

When managing Valencia, I frequently faced with a problem of not being able to keep my key players like Villa, Silva and Joaquin. If I keep rejecting offers, they will be fustrated.

Can anyone recommend me a solution?

dont reject the offers man! just negotiate with the teams. for example if RM enquire abt silva, u set the price as 100mil or something. unless RM have tt much money, they'll not follow up with the enquiry. main thing is to not directly reject. icon_biggrin.gif works every time and the player wont get frustrated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I do to prevent this from happening is; tell them you're "delighted" in post-match team talks if they played on an 8+. Then praise them once a month if they've been performing well. I'm in D.Villa, Joaquin and Silva's favourite personel after a season so they don't want to leave

Just into my second season now after finishing 2nd to Barcelona (2pts behind) in season 1.

I'm currently in 1st place in mid December, 2 points clear of Barcelona, however they have one game in hand.

My squad looks like this at the moment:

GK Hildebrand / Canizares

DR Miguel / Ignashevich

DL Moretti / Motta

DC Albiol / Alexis

DC Pique / Krstic

MC Lucas / Dzsudzsak

MC Veloso / Sunny

MC Joaquin / Fernandes

AMC Silva / Mihelic

FC Aguero / Mata

FC Villa / Podolski

In on loan: Vela & Denilson

I've got 39M left in transfer funds which I'll look to bring in a DL and another MC with.

DL - looking at Chiellini, Taiwo, Riise, Jansen

MC - looking at J.Martinez, Banega, Moutinho, Toulalan,

I'm also trying to unsettle Fabregas in the hope of picking him up in the not to distant future as well!

I may start a Valencia game aswell as my Arsenal Game.

Should be a good challenge as you have a good base but some positions lack depth and not a good future.

I personally recomend this team.

GK Hildebran

LB Moretti

RB Miguel

CB Albiol

CB Marcenha

LW Silva

RW Joaquin

CM Fernandez

CM Albelda

ST Zigic

ST Villa

Hey, I started again as Valencia and am in middle of season 1 with £20 million. I put in a bid for Ustari, still at Getafe for £12.5 million and they have renegotiated at 18.5 million with 10% sell on clause. My other goalies are Canizares, Hildebrand and Enyeama. Looking at Ustari for first choice when Canizares hangs up his boots with Enyeama as backup. What do you reckon I can get Ustari for or should I just pay what they're asking for?

PS. I don't think I'll need the money to strengthen any other areas as they are looking strong. Also, I am 2nd, 5 points behind Barca and Getafe are in trouble in 19th.

Valencia are always a crackin team to be I reckon..

Has anyone else had any problems with Albelda? He's been rubbish for me so far (only a few games in mind), managed to get Adriano on loan from Inter, superb got 6 in 5 so far and he's already fluent in Spanish?!

Line up's a bit like this, 4-4-2 diamond..

GK: Canizares

RB: Miguel

DC: Marchena

DC: Albiol

LB: Pinola (good Argentinian LB from Nurnberg)

LM: Vicente

DM: Albelda (been poo thinkin of replacing him with Sunny or Baraja)

AM: Silva

FC: Adriano

FC: Villa

Any recommendations at all? Got Pako blah blah that ex Ass Man from Liverpool in too.

Originally posted by WillyBroadband:

Valencia are always a crackin team to be I reckon..

Has anyone else had any problems with Albelda? He's been rubbish for me so far (only a few games in mind), managed to get Adriano on loan from Inter, superb got 6 in 5 so far and he's already fluent in Spanish?!

Line up's a bit like this, 4-4-2 diamond..

GK: Canizares

RB: Miguel

DC: Marchena

DC: Albiol

LB: Pinola (good Argentinian LB from Nurnberg)

LM: Vicente

DM: Albelda (been poo thinkin of replacing him with Sunny or Baraja)

AM: Silva

FC: Adriano

FC: Villa

Any recommendations at all? Got Pako blah blah that ex Ass Man from Liverpool in too.

Albelda never caught my ee from the start... I sold him at the beginning of season 1 and played Sunny for a whole season. Sunny is awesome now, a LOT better than Albelda.

You should play Sunny, trust me he becomes great.

Also, Hildebrand in goal instead of Cani. I played him for a season, 58 matches 31 clean sheets, 7.18ar. He's much better than Cani now.

-----------------

Also ypresfr, I usually pay around 18M for Ustari and he turns out to be the best keeper in the game. Getafe came 3rd in 1st season, I made a bid of 10M for Ustari and they accepted, I dunno why they've never took less than 15M off me. So I bought him and loaning him out for the 2nd season. Hildebrand in goal as he's better than Ustari atm.

But def. go buy Ustari if you don't need the cash

Cheers teeyougee! Bought Ustari and managed to negotiate his price down to £14 million. I've put him straight into the team, as Hildebrand hasn't been great.

GK- Ustari/Hildebrand

DR- Miguel/Alexis

DL- Marcelo/A.Troare

DC- Barzagli/Breno

DC- Albiol/Samba

DM- Albelda/Sunny

MR- Joaquin/Arizmendi (with lines to FC)

ML- M.Fernandez/Vicente (ditto)

AMC- Aguero/M.Fernandes (ditto)

AMC- Silva/Rakitic (ditto)

FC- Briand/Amauri

Other players of note:

GK- Enyeama

DF- Ignashevich

MF- J.M.Mata

ST- Zigic (and Saivet in the reserves)

What do you reckon? Looks pretty strong to me but can you see any areas in need of improvement? Finished 2nd in La Liga behind Barca amd got knocked out in SF on Champions League by Chelsea.

Hi everyone, just an update on my Valencia game. I have now finished the first season in spain, winning la liga and i got to the semi-final in the champions league. Out to Inter Milan.

My now starting line up is

Hindelbrand, Alexis, Albiol, Marchena, Pasqual (fiorentina), Sunny, Vicente, Joaquin, Silva, Van Der Vaart, Villa.

Sold Miguel for £16.5 million so currently looking for a decent rightback/wingback. I have found it hard despite winning the league to gain consistency. Been playing 4-1-2-3-1 the two in midfield out wide. Also tried a tactic made by Jack Edwards but conceded way to many goals. Also to note, i have been using the beta patch 27.5MB.

Has anyone else used this patch because i've seen a patch that is only 10MB? Hope someone can clear that up for me because im not sure if i'm using old or new patch?

Many Thanks....

Hi Everyone, I decided to start a valencia game after seeing the talent they have in midfield (Silva, Manuel Fernades, Sunny etc.)

The only problem with the current team i feel is the LB position so i brought in Urby Emanuelson. My other transfers where Sergey Ignashevich (to cover Miguel when injured) for free and Adriano on loan to give my attack even more strength.

My current team and formation is:

Hildebrand

Ignashevic R.Albiol Marchena Emanuelson

Fernandes Baraja

Joaquin Silva

Villa Adriano

Subs:

Canizares

Moretti

Sunny

Albeda

Vicente

Morientes

Zigic

The first 4 games of the season went as follows:

Red Star (A) CLQ - 5-1 (W) (Adriano 2, Villa 2, o.g from one of their players)

Getafe (A) D1 - 1-0 (W) (Zigic)

Red Star (H) CLQ - 5-2 (W) (Adriano, Villa 2, Baraja, Silva)

Valladolid (H) D1 - 0-0 (D) - Couldn't convert chances

So to summarise i had a good start in the champions leaugue, qualifying with a 10-3 aggregate win, my reward for this was a tough group stage with Shalke, Chelsea and Toulouse. The leaugue is goin much slower and the team is finding it hard to convert chances, may bring zigic in permanantly as a target man instead of adriano, whom i will bring on at half time.

Feel free to comment, and i will keep you posted icon_wink.gif

@ teeyougee

I agree with you about Albelda but stupidly I made him club captain?! Also got Ignashevic as vice cap. but he cant speak Spanish! What a wally. I've been playin Baraja at DM, solid but not spectacular, have taken your advice on playin Sunny and for 2 games he's got 2 8's so far and 1 assist. Am top of La Liga after 10 games with 8 wins and 2 draws, smashed Barca 4-1 & Man Utd 5-2 both at home and Rangers 4-0 away.

Not tried Hildebrand yet as Canizares has been superb so far! Both great stats though eh.

Team at the minute..

GK Canizares

RB Alexis (started with Miguel but got injured and Alexis has been wicked)

LB Pinola

CB Marchena

CB Albiol

DM Sunny

AM Silva (rubbish av.r. but scorin & assisting)

MR Fernandes (Joaquin broken jaw, well worth trainin Fernandes on the right)

ML Vicente

ST Adriano (amazing, does somethin every game)

ST Zigic (Villa badly injured, Zigic got 5 in 5)

Annoyingly I just won 3 tough away games on the trot then my laptop crashed icon13.gif

I'm in middle of my first season.

I was doing really well.. coming first until recently when Barcelona beat me. But the club has given me 25m to spend and i've spent it on Barzagli and Guilherme (Barzagli cost a fair bit) which i'm pretty happy with.

I'm coming 2nd in league and recently beat Real Madrid 5-1 icon_biggrin.gif

My squad -

GK - Canizares

DR - Miguel

DC - Barzagli (when he arrives in a couple of days)

DC - Albiol/Marchena, it'll be hard to decide who.

DL - Moretti/Guilherme

DM - Albelda/Sunny

ML - Vicente (been incredible for me)

MR - Joaquin

AMC - Silva (most goals scored for me so far, 2nd best Av. R behind Vicente)

ST - Villa

ST - Morientes/Zigic

Villa has had good/bad patches but still has 14 goals from 24 games but he hasn't been so good.

I got a really good regen at the start, he can play DR/DL and looks to become a leading fullback. Any ideas on who to sign next season? I think I would want Aguero as i loved him on my milan game and maybe a keeper.. but apart from that?

Originally posted by Pirlo:

I'm in middle of my first season.

I was doing really well.. coming first until recently when Barcelona beat me. But the club has given me 25m to spend and i've spent it on Barzagli and Guilherme (Barzagli cost a fair bit) which i'm pretty happy with.

I'm coming 2nd in league and recently beat Real Madrid 5-1 icon_biggrin.gif

My squad -

GK - Canizares

DR - Miguel

DC - Barzagli (when he arrives in a couple of days)

DC - Albiol/Marchena, it'll be hard to decide who.

DL - Moretti/Guilherme

DM - Albelda/Sunny

ML - Vicente (been incredible for me)

MR - Joaquin

AMC - Silva (most goals scored for me so far, 2nd best Av. R behind Vicente)

ST - Villa

ST - Morientes/Zigic

Villa has had good/bad patches but still has 14 goals from 24 games but he hasn't been so good.

I got a really good regen at the start, he can play DR/DL and looks to become a leading fullback. Any ideas on who to sign next season? I think I would want Aguero as i loved him on my milan game and maybe a keeper.. but apart from that?

Everytime I've bought Enyeama he's been solid and very reliable, cheap too. If you can get Adriano, do, I've had him for Arsenal and Valencia and he's been wicked, does somethin every game if he doesn't score he'll get an assist if not both! I think he might have a high rating for Controversy though.. can tell by his "Happy with conditions at club currently" status.

I'm in 2014 with Valencia ..I think you shoul retain the service of Miguel,Hildebrand and Joaquim ...I have signed Alexander Pato and Diego(from werder) and now the team rocks ..I search a CD ...I have only young players in defence icon_frown.gif( and them don't have any expirienceicon_frown.gif

Hey, I need some help choosing the starting 11 from my Valencia squad. Anyone got any suggestions? I use "the winning tactic", not sure if you know it but it involves attacking full backs, a DM, two wingers and two attacking midfielders with lines to the FC.

GK: Ustari, Enyeama, Hildebrand

DF: Rafinha, Alexis, A.Troare, Marcelo, Samba, Barzagli, Breno, Pique and Vidal. Also got Nordveit in the reserves.

MF: Javi Martinez (retrained to DM), Sunny, Kader Keita, Arizmendi, Matias Fernandez, Guardado, Silva, Lulinha, Aguero, Rakitic. Got Wijnaldum in the reserves.

FC: Briand, Amauri and Zigic. Got Saivet in the reserves.

As you can see I have changed most of the squad and hopefully that won't have an adverse effect on performances (finished 2nd last year). Any help would be greatly appreciated! icon14.gif

I started off with Liverpool and won the league in the first year and got sacked at the end of the 2nd after finishing 2nd. Valencia offered me a job, so i took it looking forward to lnking up with Villa Silva and joaquin. the previous manager had sold villa so the strike force was a little light as well as the defence.

The first thing i did was sign guiseppe rossi, and mascherano.

I'm now starting my fifth season with Valencia (7th in total) and i've won the league 3 times. My team at the start of the 7th season is:

GK Bouzanis

Rb Vanden borre

Lb Cheillini

CB Micah Richards

CB Breno

MR Joaquin

ML Giovanni Dos Santos

MC Lucas

MC Silva

ST Rooney

ST Alexandre Pato

S1 Felipe

S2 Alexis

S3 Rossi

S4 Tevez

S5 Simoa

S6 Insua

S7 Adu

With Henry ageing Barca are gonna struggle to find a replacment who scores 50 plus a season.

I'm in danger of ruling spanish football.

Haven't maanged to make an impression in the Champions league yet having only getting to the semi's. Even spurs have won it!!

Building my tactic now and pre-season seems pretty shaky.

Just wondering, how do Valencia play in real life?

Slow, probing possesion play like Liverpool?

Quick, Direct, Counter-attacking like Man Utd?

Quick, short like Arsenal?

In real life they are playing about as bad as Derby County! (overstatement perhaps) Koeman is a bit of an idiot if you ask me - yes Quique was also incompetent but he knew how to use his best players. The real problem is with the board and admin pompous twits who don't know what they are doing.

The last two seasons with Quique in charge Valencia played a lot like Man Utd - counter attacking, with the wingers essentially acting as forwards and moving the ball very quickly - well that was the idea I think.

Just ask for more and you get like $20 million. I'm currently in February first season and am tied with Real Madrid for the lead.

Bought: All in USD

Saivet (950K)

Tuia (not much, don't remember)

Dalla Valle (not much)

Pasqual (12 million)

Kroos (17 million)

Sold:

Edu- 5.5

Angulo- 875K icon_frown.gif

Gavilan- 7

Canizares- He's fine for backup. I wouldn't bother selling him because you won't get much.

Hildebrand- Been terrific. See how he performs for you before replacing him.

Mora- hasn't played

Pasqual- been brilliant for me, highly recommended purchase for the LB position.

Moretti- back-up, I'm planning on selling soon

Caneira- ummm, he's useful because he can play all 3 defensive positions. I wouldn't sell him yet.

Helguera- bit on the slow side, but great defensive stats. Scores a lot from corners.

Albiol- perfect partner for Helguera because he's faster. Also scores a lot from corners.

Marchena- He's fine once again. Sell him if you get a good offer, but I wouldn't get rid of him unless you get better backup.

Alexis- Playing RB for me now because Miguel got injured. He's somewhat mistake prone but pretty solid.

Miguel- was great before he got injured...

Albelda- I wished I had sold him but I can't now because he's the captain. He gets 6's and 7's and a yellow card pretty much every game. Very average.

Baraja- I wanted to sell him at the beginning but Miguel became unhappy. Baraja has been surprisingly good as a back-up. He scores lots of long range goals surprisingly.

Fernandes- He's sort of out of position in my lineup unfortunately so I retrained him to AMC where he's been pretty good.

Sunny- horrible discapline and I cannot figure out why.

Joaquin- great, don't sell him. IMO only Ronaldo and Messi are better

Vincente- Best player on my team. Great crosses to set up chances.

Mata- surprisingly very good. He comes up with clutch goals.

Arizmendi- OK. Will sell soon.

Silva- very inconsistent. One game he'll tear it up and the next he'll be anonymous.

Villa- immense. That's it. Don't sell him.

Morientes- Decent. I wouldn't sell him because you won't get much and you are somewhat short of forwards.

Zigic- injured for a good part of the season but has been good otherwise.

Formation:

GK- Hildebrand

LB- Pasqual

CB- Helguera

CB- Albiol

RB- Miguel (Alexis)

DM- Albelda

RM- Joaquin

LM- VIncente

AMC- Villa

AMC- Silva

FC- Zigic

Obviously I switch players around. Sometimes I play Villa as striker and use Mata or Fernandes as AMC. Any questions, feel free to ask.

I'll post more later.

Armand Traore is an idiot. I negotiated with Arsenal till they accepted 3mil for him.

In the contract screen i gave him what he wanted.

In the end, he rejected the contract because he thought playing first-team for arsenal was better.

WTF, if he didn't want to come why did he list down his requirements?

Hmm, I asked the board again and now they have given me more funds.

Anyway, Inter wanted Joaquin, i counter-offered 31 mil.

Surprisingly, they have accepted my counter-offer and now they're offering 31 mil for him. Should I accept?

Is any other right-winger better and available for that kind of money?

You can't really get players from the top teams in the first season. Marcelo and Traore rejected me too. Traore ended up snapping his cruciate and Marcelo has played twice all year. Serves them right.

Originally posted by Riziger:

Surprisingly, they have accepted my counter-offer and now they're offering 31 mil for him. Should I accept?

I wouldn't accept anything under $100 million. Or basically- the only one who I would replace Joaquin with would be Christiano Ronaldo or Messi. However, if he isn't performing well then definitely sell him....

Just had the worst injury crisis I've ever had.

Right after I sold Marchena for $15 million icon_rolleyes.gif

Helguera- Damaged cruciate, out for 8 months and likely retiring after injury

Miguel- torn calf, out for 4 months

Vicente- out for 3 weeks

Mata- out for 2 months

Morientes- out for 2 weeks

Albelda is also suspended for 3 matches.

So my team is now incredibly thin, and I only have one natural center back. I'm using Alexis as RB and Moretti as CB but Moretti is pretty horrible. I'll let have Caneira have a go next, but I suspect he'll be even worse. Both Helguera and Vicente's injuries came in the same minute (83rd) in the Copa del Rey semi-final leg 2 against Athletic which I inexplicably won in away goals. I had won the first match 3-1. I lost the second one 4-2 and down to 8 men (the two injuries and Albelda was red-carded) for the last 10 minutes or so, down 4-2! Somehow, I didn't concede...

Originally posted by Scott1990:

You can't really get players from the top teams in the first season. Marcelo and Traore rejected me too. Traore ended up snapping his cruciate and Marcelo has played twice all year. Serves them right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riziger:

I wouldn't accept anything under $100 million. Or basically- the only one who I would replace Joaquin with would be Christiano Ronaldo or Messi. However, if he isn't performing well then definitely sell him.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't tell if he's been performing as the season has not begun. I like him however, i think he's class. 31mil pounds is alot of money though....

I was thinking of maybe replacing him with Quaresma?

Nevermind, I rejected the offer.

I am not too sure how the foreign thing works in the Liga so I'm gonna ask.

I got Lulinha, Banega and Breno all coming in july 2008.

I already have Zigic who is a FGN player. Will one of their moves be blocked? Or will I just have to leave 1 of them out when I register my players?

Update, so far so good. Few matches in and I'm lying 2nd in the Liga. After 5 matches I've only conceded one.

Problem is, my away tactics feel really fragile. I get dominated in terms of possesion but in terms of shots on target I usually am higher than the opposition and the bulk of the highlights are mine.

Because I built this tactic, I still feel like it'll break sooner or later for some reason.

Silva is really on and off. He skins everyone in one game then goes missing for 2. Puzzling.

David Villa is slightly better, his rating will be 6 for 60 mins, then he'll pop up with a goal and end the match with a 7.

Best players are definitely my wingers so far.

Hi guys, just started a Valencia game and thought i'd give an update.

So far i've sold Miguel (£13m), Albelda (£6m), Edu (£5m) and Caneira (£3.5m)

With some money raised i've signed Rafinha (£10m) and Tom Taiwo (£7m) as in need on decent attacking wing backs. I'm looking to offload Fernandes and hopefully bring in the wonderkid from Bilbao.

I'm using the winning v 1.00 formation which accomodates Silva, Joaquin, Vicente all in the starting line up.

I want to try and keep the team with as many Spanish players as possible. Can anyone recommend any decent youngsters i could sign? I looked at Bojan (never wants to join), Iago, Merida and Pique. My scout also recommended 14 year old from Barce. But had no joy there either.

Many Thanks...

I'm still playing with Valencia since i got FM08, into my 6th season now. Must say, i think i done very with them.

1st Season - League, champion + spanish cup final.

After that the team went from streght to strenght, with doing the double, leagee and CL.

My team in 6th season is as follows.

GK: Ustari (Hildebrand)

DC: Raul Albiol

DC: Zapata

DL: Marcelo/Taiwo

DR: Diogo/Miguel

DM: Makoun II/Sunny

LM: Silva (Gavilan)

RM: Joaquin

AMC: Vela (R.Sobis, Silva)

AMC: Bojan (R.Sobis)

FC: Villa (Zicic, R.Sobis)

And also got some amazing youngster coming through with Matias Fernandes, Lulinha, Sesma (Regenarate), Aaron and Alexis

Albelda, Igneshivic, Moretti, are all backup at the mo.

Baraja and that old lot have all gone, wages were too high. Also the 3rd richest club in spain now with 160m Balance. Always good for us when i need money! icon_wink.gif

I ended up winning my first season despite my aforementioned injury crisis (Sunny filled in well as a DC!!). I think I finished with 94 points and Real Madrid finished with 92, but it was nerve wracking because, if they won their final game and I only drew (home to Athletic who were 4th), they'd win on goal differential. WHich brings me to my problem: I keep conceding!!! It seems the more defensive I make my tactic, the more I concede. So I end up having major problems in the second half when the other team gets more offensive. My "strategy" is to score 2 or 3 times in the first half and praying Timo can stop the barrage in the second half while hoping Villa can nick one. Well, it's seemed to work...

Unfortunately, I lost both the Spanish Cup Finals (to Barcelona with superkeeper Valdes), and the Champions League final (to Chelsea with superkeeper Cech) both 2-1. All 4 goals conceded were in the second half! Ugh.

And on a random note: Hildebrand has a 17 for free kicks. I'm going to try him out on them during some friendlies. Should be interesting.

Anyway:

I haven't reached the transfer window yet, but at least I have no worries about injuries during Euro 2008 as Spain failed to qualify!

Future ins:

Garay- $8 million from relegated Racing

Riquelme- Free!

Mascherano- Free! and will hopefully solve my DM problem because Albelda was horrible

Ujfalusi- Free!

I'm also looking to grab a few wonderkids while I'm at it. Speaking of wonderkids, Manchester City somehow got relegated and I had a $17 million bid accepted for Richards, but Arsenal did too unfortunately and he those them icon_frown.gif . Corluka, Elano, and Johnson are available cheap, but I don't really need them. Think I should nab one anyway?

Future outs:

Albelda- $2.5 only to Betis. Have fun with him being suspended every 5th game!

Hoping to ditch- Baraja, Moretti, Arizmendi, and all of the Mestalla players on loan besides Aaron.

Likely Season two squad:

GK: Hildebrand, Canizares, and I need a 3rd keeper. Maybe Enyeama?

LB: Pasqual, Del Horno (who Athletic haven't bought yet), Caneira

CB: Garay, Alexis

CB: Albiol, Helguera, Ujfalusi

RB: Miguel, Alexis, Caneira, Ujfalusi

DM: Mascherano, Sunny, Fernandes

LM: Vicente, Mata (who is godly in my game)

RM: Joaquin, Fernandes, Riquelme, Kroos

CAM: Villa, Kroos

CAM: Silva, Riquelme

ST: Villa, Zigic, Morientes, maybe Aaron

Notable youths:

Saivet (apparently will become better than Villa. As if that's possible!

Dalla Valle

Tuia

Should I keep anyone from the Mestalla team besides Aaron? Viana has great stats but he was horrific for Osasuna who also got relegated. My budget is about $20 million, but I'm sure more will come when the transfer window opens, though my board haven't been particularly accomidating.

i start a game with valencia mainly down to the raw potential the team has and the challenge it presents. tried them in previous game versions and its was fun. with players such as villa, silva, vicente, joaqiun and prospects like aaron, albiol, alexis, mata, sunny, fernandes etc it should fun whiling challenging for amyone whu likes valencia.

however it didnt start too well for me nearly got the sack in my second season but for a 10 match unbeaten run help me finished third. the main reason for my lack of success in the early seasons was my teams inability to pick up points after the christmas period. the team peaks too early in the season then come the real battle for the league title my fall behind. i sometimes managed to get back in it but my efforts were simply too late.

i did win the spanish cup in season 2,3 and runners up once. doin adequately well in the champions league, reaching a couple of semis but still havent won it yet. somthing to look forward to winning soon.

league positons.

07/08 6th(yes i know very poor indeed)

08/09 3rd( saved my job with a 10 match unbeatin run at the end of season)

09/10 4th( inconsistant tactics and major injuries killed off my tiltle credentials)

10/11 1st (top striker villa 40 league goals with influence of aguero add a bit of luck with injuries at thr right times and right tactics)

my current squad 11/12 season

gk

hildebrand

r. riou

defenders

alexis

barzagli

pique

albiol

de silvestri

del horno

a.lopez

Guzman(dc propect)

merino(dc prospect)

midfielders

zapater

sunny (rotaion)

thiago(barcelona younster from the begining)(back up)

fernandes (rotation)

martinez

joaquin

vicente (rotaion)

silva

diego

pattison(dm prospect)

forwards

villa

aguero

saivet

vantaggiato (rotaion)

baptista (back up)

stevens (prospect)

played 17 games 7 point clear of r. madrid at the top. highlight so far 6-2 thrashing of barcelona

champions league 1st round v rangers

spanish cup 4th round

possible futre transfers - c.ronaldo,pato, good left back and goalkeeper.

any reccomendations or questions are welcomed. please keep that in mind am in 2012.

i will keep updating as i goin on.

Umm it depends on your formation. I find Fernandes useful as a sub and occasional starter. Ditch Baraja if you haven't already and Banega is a good DM, but I wouldn't sell Fernandes for less than $20 million. I managed to get Mascherano on a free first season so my DM position is set for a while.

Loving my Valencia game atm, tho I'm worried that it may no longer become a challenge. Won the treble last year and built up a pretty good squad with strong youth foundations for coming seasons, although my starting line up is young already.

Transfers Jan season 2

IN

Gio dos Santos- £12 million

Thiago (MC from Barca)- £1.9 million

Jose Francisco Mendez (Regen striker)- £1.4 million

Patricio Araujo- £4.5 million

Dean Bouzanis- £5 million

Cristiano Ronaldo- £45 million

OUT

Sunny- £24 million

Joaquin- £28 million

Prospects on loan

Transfers start of season 3:

IN

John Obi Mikel- Free

Bojan- £9 million

Andres Iniesta- £15 million + Lulinha

Dani Alves- £30 million

Matteo Liviero- £1.4 million

Miguel Veloso- £13.5 million

OUT

Chris Samba- £8 million

Javier Arizmendi- £24 million

Lulinha- P/Ex for Iniesta

Amauri- £14 million

Alexis- £7 million

Released loads of youngsters

Mendez, Nordtveit, Liviero, Saivet, Aaron, Thiago and Wijnaldum on loan.

GK: Ustari/Enyeama/Hildebrand

DR: Dani Alves/Rafinha/Vidal

DL: Marcelo/A Traore/Vidal

DC: Breno/P Araujo/Vidal

DC: Barzagli/Pique/Vidal

DMC: M Veloso/J Martinez/Mikel

MR: Ronaldo/Keita

ML: M Fernandez/Guardado

AMC: Silva/Iniesta

AMC: Aguero/dos Santos

FC: Briand/Bojan/Zigic

Not mentioned are Bouzanis, Nordtveit, Liviero, Wijnaldum, Aaron, Saivet and the regen Mendez who are all out on loan.

Season 3 so far beat Real Madrid 2-1 on aggregate in Super Cup and beat Osasuna 6-0 at home with Briand getting 4.

The average age of first team squad is 23 not including the youngsers mentioned above so I could be dominating for years to come...

Archived