FM11 - Leeds United FC Thread - "We're not famous any more!"

Coen

Why are Leeds so rubbish on FM11? Unless I sell the entire team I pretty much succumb to below mid table. So many strange results with the existing players.

Anyone else had success with the starting squad?

i think some people have win the Champions League by the 3rd season.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won the Champions League!!! \o/

Finally, I won the Prema and the CL although it took me until 2018 to do this!

Sonago is a beast for me!

A good player for me was also a defender called Verkhovtsov who I picked up for £2.3m in the Prem. I am quite sad actually that I am having to sell him as I now have a better DC. He's a great signing for promoted clubs from the Championship though.

verk.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 1 month later...

Hi all - how's everyone doing? Geordie fan by trade but thought i'd give the Mighty Whites a go. Currently in my first season and about to go into January. Sitting 2nd with 4 points either side of first and third. No real tinkering with the squad - only brought in Steve Finnan for cover. Overall the team is performing quite sluggish. No stand out performers although Howsen and Becchio have been fairly decent. Desperate to invest in the team but there is absolutely zero funds for transfers. Going to have to offload a few players. Snodgrass and McCormack i'm going to try and shift for around £4m.

Promotion looks likely and if so will be looking for new GK, RB, LB, CBx2, CFx2 ACM - a lot of work needed!

I'll keep you posted once the season is complete

Good luck with the promotion, if you want my humble advice i'd keep hold of Snodgrass, he's good enough for the first season or 2 in the Prem.

In terms of what you need, these are a selection of my transfers for 1st season in Prem...

GK - Smithies from Huddersfield - 20 years old and gets better and better.

LB - Jelle Van Damme from Standard - Not a world beater but very solid and performs well.

RB - Hutton from Spurs - Same as Van Damme, very solid and consistent.

CB - I splashed 17.5m over 5 years on Phil Jones, he's so good it's worth it.

CB - Steven Taylor from the Toon! - Very solid CB and quite quick, Newcastle wanted rid, I loaned him in Jan when I was in the Championship and signed him perm for 625k.

ST - I bought a guy called Darwin Quintero in my Champ season (2.5m over 5 years) he scored 70 goals in 55 games. He's immense.

You should be able to get Charlie Adam if Blackpool go down, perfect CAM.

Other than that look for good loans, I got Canales & Gago from Real, and De Jong from Man City.

Good Luck!

Cheers Macca! Will certainly check out a few of those. I did end up sending Snodgrass - i badly needed a striker and needed to raise the cash for someone decent. I wanted £3m for him but the best i got was £2.7m from Wigan - tried to hold out for other offers but Wigan pushed through the deal quickly. Anyhow with that money i brought in Tamas Kadar from Newcastle, Thom Hazard from Lens, K Richardson from Scumderland and Yaya Sanogo from Auxerre - all of them on loan. I thought Yaya would be perfect for Becchio but he was awful couldn't look a donkey in the arse let alone kick one.

In end i decided to splash the cash and brought Nicky Maynard from Bristol City - heard a lot of good things from people about him and for £3.6m i thought he was worth it. On his debut he hit a hatrick but he soon got injured and managed 6 goals in 13 games by the end of the season.

I the end we finished 2nd - some real wobbles at the end and i thought we'd miss out on automatic promotion but in our penultimate game with beat Derby 4-1 to finish second. Forrest smashed it with 112 points!!

Becchio was top scorer with 20 but i don't think he'll cut it in the prem. I'm going to build my team around Howsen and Bradly Johnson - both were outstanding and dragged us through some difficult times. Max Gradel was also really good also and hopefully he can make the step up. Ross McCormack also provide to be great useful and i will certainly look to keep him around. Apart from that everyone is expendable!

Will keep you posted - Premier League - we're back!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, just about to start a Leeds save up.. any advice etc il be using the most genuine updated database, will post back after my pre season games.

Hi, some players that I signed on 11.3 that worked out well were:

David Lafata - striker - £750k

Agustin Torassa - £400k

Abderrahman Kabous - midfield - free

Jeremy Stinat - DR - £30k

Tomas Horava - midfield - £650k

Those plus the current squad were enough to see me promoted in 2nd in the first season, my best 11 was

Schmeichel

Stinat - Bruce - O'Brien - Parker

Snodgrass - Howson - Horava - Nunez

Becchio - Lafata

Plus for more ideas it's worth checking out Nicko's list in post 773.

And hi everyone else, not posted in a while but I picked up FM11 again recently and decided to have one last Leeds save before FM12 hits us, took a while to get going in my current game - didnt win the Premier League until about 2018 but have now won it and the Champions League for about the last 8 seasons running. I actually prefer getting a few seasons in and building a complete team of regens rather than using real players. :)

And looking forward to starting all over again on FM12 in a few weeks time!

At the moment i'm just starting the 2018/19 season with Leeds United. As things stand i've won...

4 Premiership titles: 2013/14, 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.

3 Champions League titles: 2015/16 (beat arsenal 3-1), 2016/17 (beat man city 1-0) and 2017/18 (beat lyon 4-1).

3 F.A. Cups: 2011/12 (beat Chelsea 1-0), 2012/13 (beat man city 1-0) and 2014/15 (beat spurs 3-1)

1 Carling Cup: 2017/18 (beat liverpool 1-0)

Plus a few others like the Community Shield, Euro Super Cup and World Club Championship.

My team is as follows

GK's:

Matej Delac, 26

Alessandro Medina, 19 (regen)

Adam Smith, 17 (regen)

RB's:

Kyle Walker, 29

Jacopo Potenza, 21 (regen)

Seamus Coleman, 29

LB's:

Fabio Coentrao, 29

Jack Robinson, 24

Victor Afonso, 20 (regen)

CB's:

Gary Gahill, 32

Jordan Spence, 28

Eric Dier, 24

Chris Smalling, 28

Da Silva, 21 (regen)

RW's:

Aaron Lennon, 31

Jordan Henderson, 28

Machiel Navez, 20 (regen)

LW's:

Gareth Bale, 29

Carlos Vela, 29

Jan Van Der Velden, 21 (regen)

CM's:

Jonny Howson, 30

Miguel Veloso, 32

Marco Ezio Fossati, 25

Andy Nowlan, 23 (regen)

Pablo Galli, 22 (regen)

AM's:

Javier Pastore, 29

Marc Ramage, 21 (regen)

ST's:

Mark Smith, 21 (regen)

Connor Wickham, 25

A created player, 35

Currently unbeaten at home in the league since Jan 2015 and last season we lost just 3 times in all competitions to Man City and Man Utd in the league and to Aston Villa in the F.A. Cup.

My regular starting 11 for last season was...

GK: Delac

RB: Walker

LB: Coentroa

CB: Dier

CB: Spence

CM: Howson

CM: Veloso

RW: Lennon

LW: Bale

AM: Pastore

ST: The Created Player

Nice going Matt, won the Premier League a good 4 years sooner than I managed on my last 11.3 save - good work. Looks like a top squad you've got together there. :thup:

Anyway, seems the FM12 demo is now out so I guess I need to get that downloaded and have a peek at the Leeds squad. :lol:

Nice going Matt, won the Premier League a good 4 years sooner than I managed on my last 11.3 save - good work. Looks like a top squad you've got together there. :thup:

Anyway, seems the FM12 demo is now out so I guess I need to get that downloaded and have a peek at the Leeds squad. :lol:

Hi Stranger & welcome back.

Just downloading FM12 Demo now.

New features look awesome

Took a while to get all the piece's slotted in but once i did, wow! Managed some bargains along the way (Pastore on a free transfer), though after having both Walker and Spence on loan in the first season they got away and ended up costing me like £10m each to bring them in a bit later. Bale cost me a good £50m but 45 games, 13 goals, 21 assists.... Worth it!

The next big challenge will be building the next team but i doubt it will be too hard Marc Ramage and Mark Smith have been in and around the first team for like 4-5 seasons now.... Ramage on more than one occassion has kept Pastore out of the side for a sustained period and Rooney out of a starting place for England!

Took a while to get all the piece's slotted in but once i did, wow! Managed some bargains along the way (Pastore on a free transfer), though after having both Walker and Spence on loan in the first season they got away and ended up costing me like £10m each to bring them in a bit later. Bale cost me a good £50m but 45 games, 13 goals, 21 assists.... Worth it!

The next big challenge will be building the next team but i doubt it will be too hard Marc Ramage and Mark Smith have been in and around the first team for like 4-5 seasons now.... Ramage on more than one occassion has kept Pastore out of the side for a sustained period and Rooney out of a starting place for England!

I know what you mean about it taking the time to get all the pieces slotted in. On my last save it seemed to take me forever, but then I was deliberately building a team of regens so it took time to develop them all and I had a lot of players who just never quite made it, which is why it took me the best part of 8 seasons to finally get a team together with just the right players in all positions who had all come good at the same time - but once it did all come together we were pretty much unstoppable.

It then becomes just as much of a challenge to maintain the same level of success though - being able to constantly bring new players through good enough to replace those that are getting old. It looks like you have regens lined up to make the step up in each position which is great to see. :thup:

I know what you mean about it taking the time to get all the pieces slotted in. On my last save it seemed to take me forever, but then I was deliberately building a team of regens so it took time to develop them all and I had a lot of players who just never quite made it, which is why it took me the best part of 8 seasons to finally get a team together with just the right players in all positions who had all come good at the same time - but once it did all come together we were pretty much unstoppable.

It then becomes just as much of a challenge to maintain the same level of success though - being able to constantly bring new players through good enough to replace those that are getting old. It looks like you have regens lined up to make the step up in each position which is great to see. :thup:

Yeah, i think that perhaps the 2017/18 was the peak of my first great Leeds United side though and i'll experience the down-turn slighly while the new lot get used to the week in week out routine. The hardest thing was getting the defence sorted but once i did that was the key to it all. I think i've conceded 39 goals in my last two full league seasons all told, 2016/17 i think we let in just 18 and last term it was around 21 i think. Also if you set your youth set up early it will really pay off, 3 of the players on the list came from the youth system and i've got another 4-5 in the youth teams who are going to defo be in the first team soon enough (one dubbed as the next Jonathan Woodgate.... Hopefully without the injuries!).

But i'll keep updating on here as i'm gonna wait till x-mas for FM12.

Archived