i actually hate this game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ihateregistering:

i dislike it agin now, my team threw away a 2 nil lead????????? i don't understnd the is game i keep losing 3-2 its a complete joke

it feels fixed though it probably isn't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happens in real life, so you shouldn't be upset if it happens in FM.

I say this many times to many people - you'd be a bit bored if things went your way all the time!

Hey my friend the comebacks issue is the main problem with this game, i have this problem a lot and i have been trying to read a lot in the tactics bible to stop this from happening and hope to find a tactic to stop this happening.. i just hope the game is not scripted for the AI to comeback that is my biggest fear right now.. that you cannot do anything to stop the comebacks from happening. For now i stay positive but if i dont find a solution soon i am going to go crazy.

Mike & ihate... it's your tactics... seriously it is.

I very rarely lose a lead and as I said earlier I love it when the AI goes 4-2-4 as it means I'm going to win.

There are some simple guidelines to follow most of which have been covered in this thread ie:

Slow tempo.

Deep defence.

High time wasting.

Short passing.

etc...

But remember, there is no "super tactic" that works for all teams in all situations - adjust your tactics according to your formation and your own players strengths and weaknesses.

Also be very careful with your half time talks as they can have a big effect on your 2nd half performance. For help with these check THIS link out.

Good luck. Chin up...

If you are dominating the game don't change anything unless you have to because of a change they have made. When you are controlling the play and you switch to slow a defensive tactic you are just inviting them to take it to you. The tactic of kick it out and wait for them to come back at you does not work at all.

When they switch to 4-2-4 you need to make changes. You need to keep your fullbacks back to defend and I take man marking off the DC's. If I don't there is always an unmarked man with so many people around the box. I like to move a midfielder to DC (or sub) as well so I have 3 DC with zone marking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ihateregistering:

i'd get banned for swearing? surely not, we're all grown-ups here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?

yea but it doesn't happen every game in real life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because real managers know what they're doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by princess cow goes quack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'd get banned for swearing? surely not, we're all grown-ups here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 14 icon_wink.gif

[Just to let you know] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shows too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stokes_83:

If you are dominating the game don't change anything unless you have to because of a change they have made. When you are controlling the play and you switch to slow a defensive tactic you are just inviting them to take it to you. The tactic of kick it out and wait for them to come back at you does not work at all.

When they switch to 4-2-4 you need to make changes. You need to keep your fullbacks back to defend and I take man marking off the DC's. If I don't there is always an unmarked man with so many people around the box. I like to move a midfielder to DC (or sub) as well so I have 3 DC with zone marking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It really depends on your tactics and players. I have a team full of fast and mostly skilled players. When I switch to counter in second half - yes I invite the other team to swarm but I then exploit the space they have left for my wingers and forwards. All I can see is it works for me.

The trouble is, it is hard to give someone exact advise as each game is different. I adjust to suit the pitch, team and players. For example, if a player has low bravery then I mark tight and hard.

My experience is that your first season will 9/10 always be poor. You are getting used to the team, staff etc, buying your own players etc.

Stick with it as I have started over again, in 2nd season and have not been beaten in 41 premiership games!!

Archived