I want to see MAPS in the game

why not give the user the option to put in own files / pics of places like with the player pictures?

just give another batch of IDs out and lets see the pics on the before-match screen then (like in FIFA manager for example).

you could leave this box blank in the retail version, only for the user to fill it with pics if he wants to.

It could be an excellent marketing tool for Google or Microsoft (Bing)

Bing especially is trailing and to have it's map service included would probably be a boost to them in exchange for naming on the box, adverts at the stadium and the hope that FM users when online would turn to Bing ahead of Google for their mapping needs!

Plus, Bing has the 3D creator thing so those really crazy FM addicts could build the stadium 3D and stick it on the map.

I'm easy either way, I'd like to think my geography is good enough to know that a week's jaunt to play in the World Club Tinpot Trouncing Some Asian Side Championship will affect my cup game with Watford 3 days later

Licenses cost lots of money. Don't think SI have maps on their priority list to spend that much.

SI are no strangers to licences, they have them for a whole bunch of leagues after all. I am sure it is not beyond their abilities to get a good deal :), and in line with other posts there is no reason why they cant also tender it to microsoft as an alternative in an effort to get the best deal.

Reading this and the other maps thread SI seem relatively keen on the idea, particularly compared to many other ideas bandied about on the forum so who knows where it might end up on the list of things to do for the next couple of FM's. I don't see how it is a bad idea given that it would only add to the game.

So what's your problem with google? Do you have an alternative that you think they would be better making a move for?

Nice little feature,

To counter legal issues, you could just use and outlined map with colours, or with grass/mountain graphics etc. I would like to see a map of all the different clubs in my league, and separate ones for the champions league etc. Its a nice little feature :)

So what's your problem with google? Do you have an alternative that you think they would be better making a move for?

I have no problem with Google at all. I was just saying that getting a license is expensive and SI is not as rich as say EA. Its the same reason we don't have the EPL, CL etc.

I would like to know why there is snow in november in the southern hemisphere, in areas like Buenos Aires? hell, there isn't snow even in winter IRL... I am preety sure that never a game had to be played with the orange ball in the whole argentinean football history... (at least in the center of the country)

• 3 weeks later...

seriously guys, why not give the user the option to put in own files / pics of places like with the player pictures?

just give another batch of IDs out and lets see the pics on the before-match screen then (like in FIFA manager for example).

you could leave this box blank in the retail version, only for the user to fill it with pics if he wants to.

Archived