The Academic Resurgence of Man Utd

Originally posted by ~Ian~:

I'm tempted to give this challenge a go, but I'm still on FM07 so can't just download, will have to edit the database myself.

Just a few questions so I can have the editing as similar as possible.

- What teams were moved up a division to accomodate Manyoo's demotions?

- How much were the senior players' wages reduced by, and what was the overall wage budget reduced to?

- What was the reputation figure reduced to?

- All players who weren't with United at the age of 16 from their academy have to be sent back to their previous clubs?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to trying this out, looks like a good challenge. icon14.gif

Just bringing my last post to everyone's attention again, I guess the most important question is the one about the wage budget, the rest I can just guess sensibly myself if need be.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Ian - sorry I missed your question last time - I shall now answer your questions - I have loaded up the editor so you can get precise stuff.

The teams who were moved up were - Sheffield Utd (to prem), Southend (to CCC), Bradford (to CC1) and Oxford (to CC2). Also, Everton replaced Man Utd in the Champions League and Sheff utd replaced Everton in the Uefa Cup.

Senior Players wages were all around the £20,000 mark with some like O'Shea and Fletcher around £12-15,000.

The remaining wage budget was set at £150,000 and remaining transfer budget at £500,000. The balance was set at £10,000,000

If you want to add this too its up to you - I also reduced average match ticket price to £20 and average season ticket price to £460

Man Utd were given a reputation of 2896 (random number I know!)

And yes all players not at the club at the age of 16 from their academy have been sent back. Players like Possebon, Rafael, Fabio and also Dong Fangzhou (my mistake) were kept in the team too - just in case you wanted to add them.

If you have any more queries then do not hesitate to ask me

Done the editing, a few discrepancies for being a year behind though.

Spurs to Champion's League, Everton to UEFA Cup.

Preston, Huddersfield, Grimsby and Halifax all got promoted.

Nothing major or game-changing though so it's all good and ready to go. icon_cool.gif

Cool, automatic is what I went with.

Made a couple of errors editing, forgot to cancel Fraizer Campbell's loan which means I'm a bit short up front. Also made the bank balance £1m, not £10m, but that's fine, not losing money.

I don't seem to be racking up any cricket scores so far, just constant wins with 3 or 4 goals. Would be nice to absolutely muller someone.

Originally posted by jackyb1989:

@knighty99 - now I have to say that you have done very well for your first season but I'm afraid I'm going to have to take issue with your use of the corner tactic. Now as its more than likely to win the BSP by that margin I'm not going to disqualify you or anything extreme, but I am going to courteously ask you to refrain from using the corner tactic from now on. I know that I have not put down an explicit rule about this, as I thought it had been sorted by the last patch - but now I see that it hasn't I am inserting it now.

Ok no worries, I used it as I usually do, admittedly not with this extreme a success. I apologise if it gave me an unfair advantage.

And will now stop using it from the end of the first season onwards.

@Kassien, hang on in there! It will be worth it in the end and they generally cheer up after a while! I have managed to keep every single major player all the way through to the Premiership so its not impossible!

How did you manage to keep all the major players so long? I hav already lost Fletch, O'Shea and Evans by the start of the 2nd season... Board accepting bids over my head

Obviously it depends on whether your computer can handle loading up the editor, but it doesn't take a huge amount of time to edit the database, only took me about 20-30 minutes to make the changes myself.

----------------------------

I'm about 35 games into my first season now, should be finished and have a report up within the next couple of days. Still in both cups, but have suffered a loss in the league to York.

Manchester United - Season 1 - 2006/07 - Conference National

Squad

No transfers, either in or out

COMPETITIONS

Conference National - Winners

FA Cup - Runners-up

FA Trophy - Winners

STAR PLAYERS

Top Scorer - Febian Brandy - 62

Most Assists - David Beckham - 25

Highest Rating - Paul Scholes - 8.51

Honorary Mentions - Aaron Burns, Craig Cathcart, Ritchie Jones

SEASON SUMMARY

Unsurprisingly, the league was a walkover. Only 7 points were dropped, and it was a letdown losing to York. Luckily, a measure of revenge was gained when we beat them 4-1 later in the season. Aldershot and Stevenage were the other teams to take points off of us. The biggest win was an 9-0 thrashing of Gravesend. Febian Brandy had an amazing season upfront, and Paul Scholes and David Beckham were outstanding in midfield. Ritchie Jones and Craig Cathcart didn’t get many chances in the first half of the season, but in the second they established themselves as important members of the team. The main downer of the season was Ryan Giggs breaking his leg in May, hopefully he won’t struggle to get back to fitness and form next season.

The FA Cup saw quite an adventure, as we knocked out Watford, Sheffield United, and Cardiff. Then we played Liverpool in the semis, and a great team performance saw us beat them 4-0. The final was one step too far though, Beckham and Brown were both missing through injury and 62-goal man Brandy was on international duty. Despite taking an early lead through a belter from Scholes, we lost 2-1.

All in all, the season went well, and the cup run was a pleasant surprise and must have helped towards restoring the reputation of the club. I’m hoping to breeze through League Two as easily next season, and start picking up some quality regens. Should start handing out some long contracts as well for the emerging stars.

Man Utd - Season 1 - Blue Square Premier

Squad

Transfers

Competitions

Blue Square Premier - ]1st

FA Cup - Lost 5th round to West Brom

Setanta Shield - Winners

FA Trophy - Winners

Community Shield - Runners Up

Top Player Performances

Most Goals - Wes Brown - 65

Most Assists - David Beckham - 90

Highest Ave. Rating - David Beckham - 8.21

Player of the Year - David Beckham

Season Summary

As everyone else has found so far, the league was a walkover with me winning all of my 46 games and never really being threatened in any league match. I was happy with my extended run in the FA Cup beating Liverpool and Portsmouth on the way to getting knocked out by West Brom. I always expected to win the Setanta Shield and the FA Trophy so I wasn't supprised at winning them. Fraizer Campell would have proberly finished as top scorer but he got injured and missed the last 4 months of the season, so he ended up with 48 goals in 41 games. Scholes was immense scoring 56 goals and with 27 assists in 59 games! Beckham impressed with his amazing ammount of assists which totaled to 90, he also scored 39 goals.

Aims for next season

Win League 2

Reach atleast the quater-fianls of JP Trophy

Reach atleast the 4th round in both the FA Cup and League Cup

Attempt to sign some regens that could be future stars that will enhance my squad

Try and keep hold of all my current players

Originally posted by Russellhmfc:

You didnt bother to mention wes brown being your top scorer mate, thats somewhat of a surprise

On the contrary. Corner exploit - Brown challenge keeper, Beckham supply corner to 6 yard box.

Somewhat undermines the value of an experiment if you're going to cheat icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russellhmfc:

You didnt bother to mention wes brown being your top scorer mate, thats somewhat of a surprise

On the contrary. Corner exploit - Brown challenge keeper, Beckham supply corner to 6 yard box.

Somewhat undermines the value of an experiment if you're going to cheat icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, Brown challenge keeper and Beckham supple corner to 6 yard box.

How is it cheating? If you read all the threads that have been made on it you will see that it isn't cheating!

How is it cheating? If you read all the threads that have been made on it you will see that it isn't cheating!

i dont think you should ruin someones experiment with this debate again.

@ the person whos exp. it is i think you shouldnt use the corner thing how you are, i notsure if you consider it a cheat or not but thats not reallt the point, the point is that it adds another 30 goals a season. so if you do want a balanced experiment i wouldnt use it. then the reult comes from player ability, not the AI inability to deal with that perticular set up.

@knighty99 - now I have to say that you have done very well for your first season but I'm afraid I'm going to have to take issue with your use of the corner tactic. Now as its more than likely to win the BSP by that margin I'm not going to disqualify you or anything extreme, but I am going to courteously ask you to refrain from using the corner tactic from now on. I know that I have not put down an explicit rule about this, as I thought it had been sorted by the last patch - but now I see that it hasn't I am inserting it now.

This is a warning to you and to everyone taking part in this challenge - ANYONE USING THE CORNER TACTIC SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE CHALLENGE but I offer amnesty now to any current competitors to 'repent' without punishment.

@Bloodbore8 - if you want me to make a similar one for Arsenal then if you can provide me with info on which players stay and which go and to where then I will gladly make it. The same goes for anyone who wants one made for any club in particular.

@Kassien, hang on in there! It will be worth it in the end and they generally cheer up after a while! I have managed to keep every single major player all the way through to the Premiership so its not impossible!

The last post from the first page. Think it's made pretty clear that it's expected for people not to use bug-exploiting tactics.

Originally posted by Harryseaess:

Man Utd - Season 1 - Blue Square Premier

Squad

Transfers

Competitions

Blue Square Premier - ]1st

FA Cup - Lost 5th round to West Brom

Setanta Shield - Winners

FA Trophy - Winners

Community Shield - Runners Up

Top Player Performances

Most Goals - Wes Brown - 65

Most Assists - David Beckham - 90

Highest Ave. Rating - David Beckham - 8.21

Player of the Year - David Beckham

Season Summary

As everyone else has found so far, the league was a walkover with me winning all of my 46 games and never really being threatened in any league match. I was happy with my extended run in the FA Cup beating Liverpool and Portsmouth on the way to getting knocked out by West Brom. I always expected to win the Setanta Shield and the FA Trophy so I wasn't supprised at winning them. Fraizer Campell would have proberly finished as top scorer but he got injured and missed the last 4 months of the season, so he ended up with 48 goals in 41 games. Scholes was immense scoring 56 goals and with 27 assists in 59 games! Beckham impressed with his amazing ammount of assists which totaled to 90, he also scored 39 goals.

Aims for next season

Win League 2

Reach atleast the quater-fianls of JP Trophy

Reach atleast the 4th round in both the FA Cup and League Cup

Attempt to sign some regens that could be future stars that will enhance my squad

Try and keep hold of all my current players

@harryseaess - I'm sorry, but you said you were starting the challenge after I had issued the warning that anyone using the corner tactic shall be disqualified - therefore I have no option but to disqualify your current attempt from this challenge. You can restart and not use the cheat or not, but I will not accept your results.

What you choose to do is up to you - but do not argue with my decision - it is final and you were warned!

Originally posted by Watson156:

Is there any chance that somebody could kindly upload the save game again, or if not the save game then maybe the database please.

I would also like this on FM08

Can you not download it from either of the two sites I have put it on - the links are on the first page. If they have expired then I will put it up again

Originally posted by jackyb1989

@harryseaess - I'm sorry, but you said you were starting the challenge after I had issued the warning that anyone using the corner tactic shall be disqualified - therefore I have no option but to disqualify your current attempt from this challenge. You can restart and not use the cheat or not, but I will not accept your results.

What you choose to do is up to you - but do not argue with my decision - it is final and you were warned!

I am sorry, I didn't read the post about the corner exploit, I agree with your decision to disqualify my result and will not argue against it, this is a good challenege and I may try it again sometime without using the exploit icon_smile.gif.

Once again, sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Watson156:

Is there any chance that somebody could kindly upload the save game again, or if not the save game then maybe the database please.

I would also like this on FM08

Can you not download it from either of the two sites I have put it on - the links are on the first page. If they have expired then I will put it up again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant download them off Megaupload or Rapidshare for some reason. Any chance that it could be uploaded to maybe filefront?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived