FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

Oh ya to add on, the whole bunch of current newcastle players, i either have sold them or Mike Ashley agree without my permission or still be in my reserves, the only player to last throughout my 5 seasons.. hmmm none but geremi and steven taylor last 3 seasons tho. Mike Ashley Accepts an 80 million bid from chelsea, was my rock in defence ( not playing in pounds for ur info )

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you playing euros.. it cost me the same, but since i played till 5th season i alreayd have an amount of money to spend, i bought rooney for 125million and it may seems expensive but well, for a world class striker and somebody hu fits my team style of play, its worth it

Okay im 3 games into my 2nd season and my team is rock solid then man u offer 15mil for van, i push them up to 35mil and he has a min fee realease of 30 mil and i accept there 35 mil bid so i need a new playmaker, i was think deigo because he is unsettled.

Btw im on 8.02

Originally posted by bjquick:

Okay im 3 games into my 2nd season and my team is rock solid then man u offer 15mil for van, i push them up to 35mil and he has a min fee realease of 30 mil and i accept there 35 mil bid so i need a new playmaker, i was think deigo because he is unsettled.

Btw im on 8.02

Matiaz Fernandez (Villareal) if he has not moved to bigger club yet which is most of the time very unlikely. He is a great playmaker and has being playing wonders for my NUFC save.

ANyways

I think NUFC board are expecting too much. How can they demand for "to challenge for the title" in 2 years time. Although, they give a lot of money but with all due to respect you can only hope to finish 6-8 position in the league. Specially, in the first season you need to sell and buy a lot of players as the current squad has no real title challengers in the team except very few.

My game:

So far I am really happy with everything. Reached Quarter final of the League cup only to lose to Arsenal 3-2 away. My biggest result so far is against Chelsea 4-2 home win in the beginning of the league.

EPL Table

tablerg2.jpg

Transfer - History

historytransfersdv8.jpg

Sold N'Zogbia coz the offer was just too good to turn down, man. 14.5 M pounds now and it could go till 17 M pounds for playing etc...

Home Tactic

hometacticsef6.jpg

Away Tactic

awaytacticec1.jpg

I am having success with these two tactics. The home tactic, as you can see, is very attacking and is meant to beat the sht out of teams but also I play with this formation when am away to a team that am expecting to trash them: Derby, Birmingham, Wigan, Bolton, Fulham etc...

The away tactic I use against strong teams at home as well as team are strong only at their home like Everton, B Rovers etc...

Weakest Areas

I think the biggest problems in NUFC are both full backs (LB & RB), Right midfielder (RM), and attacking midfielder(A playmaker, AM). You need to buy players who can play straight away in these positions or you will suffer. I can not believe the only player who is capable of playing Right midfield is Geremi in the whole squad. Utter rubbish.

PS: mikmikmik the problem is you are adding something else in between .jpg[/img] There shouldn't be anything between these... like ;"/... quote my post and see how I posted my images.

I'm not sure whether to stay at newcastle or not, i've just had a job offer from barca after being dumped out of the league cup by fulham. Although I am going well in 4th in the league after coming 3rd last season.

Here's my team:

Given

Nelson Colloccini Garay Taiwo

Wijnaldum Pirlo Diego Fernandez

Owen Martins

SUBS:

EDWARDS

TAYLOR

EMRE

JIMENEZ

ZARATE

euanpolo, u shld stay, its a challenge to keep newcastle a champion as it is hard to do so, and seeing from your results in the league, i tink u shld work with ur players and bring championship glory to st james park icon_biggrin.gif .. anyway The Chosen One, was surprised that you bought Arshavin as well, i mean that he is a good player and in my other saves, i had him as well, and he works very well on the flanks and a good backup for striker, Great Buy! especially for newcastle. Hmmm i'll try to post again but anyway the players i mention above is a regen, din noe what they call that but now i noe..

The Chosen one, my advice is that u can get a better left & right/wing back, someone who can do better than them, can dribble and cross the ball well, habib beye is good but then in my game he was too good that big clubs came for him, after this country win african cup, suddenly teams came for him at the summer, crap.. anyway good team icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mikmikmik:

euanpolo, u shld stay, its a challenge to keep newcastle a champion as it is hard to do so, and seeing from your results in the league, i tink u shld work with ur players and bring championship glory to st james park icon_biggrin.gif .. anyway The Chosen One, was surprised that you bought Arshavin as well, i mean that he is a good player and in my other saves, i had him as well, and he works very well on the flanks and a good backup for striker, Great Buy! especially for newcastle. Hmmm i'll try to post again but anyway the players i mention above is a regen, din noe what they call that but now i noe..

The Chosen one, my advice is that u can get a better left & right/wing back, someone who can do better than them, can dribble and cross the ball well, habib beye is good but then in my game he was too good that big clubs came for him, after this country win african cup, suddenly teams came for him at the summer, crap.. anyway good team icon_biggrin.gif

Ashravin is a great player. I never had him in my other saves but got him in this save as I was looking for someone as a back up and can play various positions up front. The only problem with him is he gets under pressure and almost cracked last season in the last few games as they all become "a must win"... He was like "afraid to let the team down"....

Anyways.. thanks...

Yeah I had in my mind to buy a great right back coz J Hoyte was just on loan from Arsenal and never had in mind to buy him permanently. I bought Daniel Alves for 35 Million pounds along with Diarra from Portsmouth for abt 17 million pounds.

I am have way through my second season and things look good. I am still in the League cup, Fa Cup, League title, and in the champions league group and almost in the next round... Speaking of the champion league, I am in the same group as Barca and they beat me 3-2 at James park... anyways 2 games remaining and need only a point to progress (Away to Barca and a home match against the unseeded team).

My biggest mistake is to let Owen go. And that too to Liverpool. I don't what I was thinking but I thought the money was too good to turn down: 13.75 Million pounds and he is 29 (around that... end of 2008). But Martins can't live with the expectation as a back up Forward. Damn he keep missing chances. So I am thinking of selling him in the January transfer.

Need

A young back up striker (15+ in finishing, composure, pace, and acceleration) [anyone?]

Solid CB (Faye and Samba are 1st choice now)

(CHeck my above post for Squad screenie.... just added Daniel Alves and Diarra (Portsmouth))

By the way... I am paying for the price for selecting "Winner" for EPL season expectation... Now the board and specially the players around getting worried... now in 4th with only around 17 games played... 4 points behind the leader...

I chose "Expectation: Winner" because I needed funds to buy players.

icon_frown.gif

well, thats what most of the other FM-ers are doing right now, in my 1st season i chose continental qualification, but to my surprise i won the league ( no cheating in anyway ). anyway back to the main topic, owen leaving, is always the thing about newcastle, can see it in any other games u can see him moving to another big club, no doubt. i sold him to sevilla for 39 million euros so shld be around the price u sold him for. and for martins, he is very inpredictable, his stats aint the best but he can be good at times, but for me i did not wan to risk anyting as in the 1st season i sold him for 27 million euros and got mark bresciano as part exchange, a gd deal? i felt it was but in the 1st season i kept owen before selling him in the summer.

advice for u is that, if u still have martins, try to sell him for as much as u can, and get good strikers.. if you're in v8.00, u have loads of gd choices of striker to choose from, my newcastle have a few eras of striker which goes like (1st season: owen + salvador cabanas) .. (2nd season: jimmy briand + edison cavani * and rafael sobis as backup ) <-- i do have $$ after i did not spend big in my 1st .. ( 3rd season: cavani and rooney )... and bla bla bla till now i have rooney and thiago ( this kid is from sau paulo, not the barca midfielder but i have him as well in my team )

so i suggest is that you get urself 2 experienced striker since you're in the 2nd season and a young 1 to play as backup and in the meanwhile learn from the other 2 ( either 1 ).. before you noe it, he will be world class in no time and can replace them already.. cheers

Thats the problem with Martins. He misses sitters and so inconsistent. I prefer to play 2 men up front but the problem is since Owen is gone, I have no one else to partner Guilherme. Smith is another one but I prefer to play him in midfield.

I will sell Martins in January. I had enough of this guy. But will play him till that time to get raise his transfer fee.

I have no idea how you won the league, mate. But I have to say a fantastic achievement because it is almost like avoiding relegation with Derby team.

anyways, even I didnt think I had a chance to buy him but he was unhappy the entire 1st season so thought I would try my luck but before that I scouted. My scout informed me that he "might" have some interest although he wasn't interested in me last season. Now I am playing in Europe. Just to make my life difficult Real Madrid were interest in him too so I had to act very quickly and outbid them so Sevilla would reject the offer from Madrid but mine. If it was down to the player he would always choice Madrid. So a 35 million pounds and a 125 K per week offer was accepted both by the club and the player. Indeed, I was very happy.

Mid-Second Season (Season 08-09)

PremeirLeague: 3rd (Screen shot below)

League Cup: Final against Arsenal

FA CUP: Still in (Beat Chelsea 5-0 )

Uefa Champions League: 2nd round vs. Juventus

Stadium: 60000 Extended at the beginning of the season.

I have just passed January and I have to say I was very busy both buying and trying to keep key players at the club. I have Hugo Lloris, Matiaz Fernandez, Guildherme (Screen shot below), and couple of other players. R Madrid, Inter (the most), Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal a ll were busy competing to get the signature of my key players. However, only one player left at the end and that was Steven Taylor who I thought I would keep long enough to be key player but 11 M pounds was too much to turn down. These clubs forced to unsettle my key players, therefore, I suffered a lot during the month.

1st Team and My Formation

formationawaynsquadde5.png

I must have miss placed Yakubu who plays DM but the rest of the players play there. A very good tactic really... I won 4-1 at the Nou Comp and 5-0 at James park against CHelsea. Defeated Man U both Home and Away (1st and 2nd leg) of League cup semifinal (4-2 agg) so now in the final. This formation works very good against big teams.

League Table

leaguetableug6.jpg

10 points behind the in-form leaders Arsenal but the history favours us. Arsene Wenger never managed to win consecutive premiership titles.

Transfer History

transferhistoryqp7.jpg

Spent 96 Million pounds to buy players. I really like to buy players but because I was left with no choice as I don't have "excellent youth".

GUILHERME (The WonderKid)

guilhermesm5.jpg

Hi all just finshed a season with Newcastle finshed 4th in the Prem gained a Champions League spot as Arsenal won the Champions League

Heres my squad so far:

teamco6.jpg

Heres my Transfers this season:

transferszk6.jpg

any ideas on where to improve next got around £25M left

The Chosen One, okay im in 8.00 so maybe there's a difference. With champion league's status, alves would not come also. anyway how did i won the league? i was surprised myself, till the start to the jan transfer window, i was not winning enough and was losing alot of stupid games especially matches against wigan, derby bla bla.. but was in 10th at jan, made a few buys and den after that, everything was magic.. man utd have a freakin big lead at the top of the table, and u wun expect them to lose it in anyway rite? but the ting is they seriously went on a losing streak of alot of matches which im lazy to check out and i was winning and with my form i won the league in the 2nd last game of the season.. LOL! i dunno was i lucky or wad to be a winner, i almost destroy all the teams in the 2nd half of the season and with man utd not doing well.. having epl glory is destined for newcastle.

Jamie543, will work if u tell me wad version u are on. For 8.02 some players will not work as good as in 8.00.. if u're in 8.00.. jimmy briand is a gd buy, coz whenever i bought him in 8.02, it looks like he wasnt the star i can make him into in 8.00, tink they nerved him? anyway advice on ur squad is.. ur striker is fine but if a big offer comes in for martins, i reckon that u sell him, u can use the money for other players as well.. striker is a striker.. a gd striker always score goals so u dun have to be afraid losing a goalscorer because u have another in briand and michael owen.

work on ur flanks, n zogbia is good but i tink if u do wan to challenge the top 4 and in the CL, u nid to have better flankers, n zogbia is gd enuff for backup, substitute. u nid somebody fast, dribbles well, cross well and works well with the team. same goes wif milner, u shld sell him too. 25 million maybe u shld get van der vaart, becoz i tink almost 80% of the FM-ers will buy him straight in the 1st season of their game as it is a confirm-transfer-to-your-club player, and in this case u can bring matias fernandez over to your left side of midfield and play him there, might not be effective at the flanks but u still can lots of assist n goals from him if u play him right with player instructions. other than that, your team is fine but sooner or later, steven taylor might leave ur club as bigger teams will come for him.. especially if you're in form.. cheers

Started another game as newcastle am now nearing the end of the 3rd season.

1st season finished 4th

2nd season finished 5th and got to semi finals of champions league

3rd season 6th and final of uefa cup playing liverpool

squad

GK - Given\Wiese

RB - Johnson

LB - Enrique\Pander

CB - Woodgate\Atienza

CB - Lescott\Colocinni

ARM - Barnes\Assulin\Hleb

ALM - Young\Kranjkar

CM - Fernandez\Bostock

CM - Montolivo\Emre

ST - Adriano\Doyle

ST - Aguero\Gyan

aguero has scored 30 - 40 goals per season in all competitions per season. paid 30 million in first season surprised me that he accepted he was transfer listed.

@ mikmikmik thank you for the advice im running 8.0.2 and Manu U have been offering me £30M for N'Zogbia which i turnt down as i have no real backup i may sell him in the next window most likly January. Any suggestions for MR players?

jamie543 if your looking for rm try giles barnes in my three seasons has always got double figures with assists but i play mainly through centre so my wingers don't get as much of the ball but if you ve got the money youll probably be able to find better

Jamie543, Spedding has given u a gd option on giles barnes. he is a very good youngster, develop into a very good player and is capable to be a gd backup in the center role. but i oni play him on the center of the park as i nid his long shots more due to my formation as i already have ronaldo in my team who can torture their flanks.

New Season started:

Transfers In:

Aissati

Affellay

Meira (CD)

Ernst

Zuiverloon

Van der wiel(wonderkid)

Marcelis (wonderkid)

smah(wonderkid)

Motta(loan)

Song (loan)

Transfers Out:

Milner (Sunderland)

couldn't find your wonderkids in my game..

i am now spending alot of time to scout and sign promising youngsters at the age of 15-18 especially regens which will become world class. hopefully they can replace my current team now and dominate the world icon_biggrin.gif

and as im doing the search now, i came upon this player which i don't think all of you might came across. Scott Golbourne. well he is already 24 in my game but i tink if u search him at the start of the game he will be quite young, around 19 ? anyway why i mention this kid is because, his ability to go forward, his tackling is 14 for now but the other important stats such as teamwork, work rate.. bla bla the list goes on very long are above 17 and i feel he is a star and i had already given him his 1st england cap, got a rating of 8 for his 1st match. u guys can check him out, maybe at the start his stats aint the best, but i'll buy him if i do start another and train him to be one of the best lol

just started my second season with newcastle after finishing in 6th place in my first season

my team is

S Given

S Canizares

T Weise

A Faye

Cacapa

F Meira

L Perea

S Taylor

H Baye

Rafinha

F Grosso

J Makoun

J Barton

Emre

A Smith

G Higuain

M Fernandez

C NZogbia

P Piatti

Aquino

O Martins

M Owen

M Viduka

sold VDV to Chelsea for £30m so have £55m to spend and want to make a challenge for the EPL Title so any help on new signings is appreciated

uklonewolf, i tink he have the stats of a gd dm but the oni ting which i will be pondering is that his age.. but in another hand, u can use him as a pioneer in building your team, he aint that bad but i will go for somebody like toulalan or bodmer, both from lyon icon_biggrin.gif

Mikmikmik

I am surprised you still using 8.00 V.. icon_biggrin.gif

anyways, it is really remarkable achievement finishing 1st in ur 1st season.

Anyways, to update my game I have finished with 80 points (exactly same as my 1st season) and 2nd position. I thought I should have won but Arsenal ran away with it finishing above 90 points.

To my surprise though, I went all the way to semi final of the champions league. I never thought of it. Beat Juve (1st round) by away goals.. Then Arsenal in quarter final by 5-3 agg.. lost to Porto 3-2 agg. So close but yet so far.

FA CUP lost to Sunderland 2-1. I was so close to winning the quardaple but didnt. didnt even win a single trophy.

3rd Season

Squad N Formation

squadnformationrl6.th.jpg

League Table:

leaguetablemv0.th.jpg

Transfer History:

transferhistoryak5.th.jpg

I dont know what the hell I was doing but I managed to buy around 10 players in the summar. But two of my key players are gone to Man U and Spurs. VD Vaart and Guilherme were bought sold by the chairman after he thought the offers were too good to turn down.

Premier League: 1st (same points with Man U)

FA Cup: still playing

League Cup: Surprisingly knocked out by Everton

UCL: 1st in my group (Barca 2nd spot) confirmed

Originally posted by The Chosen One:

Thats the problem with Martins. He misses sitters and so inconsistent. I prefer to play 2 men up front but the problem is since Owen is gone, I have no one else to partner Guilherme. Smith is another one but I prefer to play him in midfield.

I will sell Martins in January. I had enough of this guy. But will play him till that time to get raise his transfer fee.

I always sell Martins, for about $13M over 18 months, easy to sell imo.

Originally posted by mikmikmik:

uklonewolf, i tink he have the stats of a gd dm but the oni ting which i will be pondering is that his age.. but in another hand, u can use him as a pioneer in building your team, he aint that bad but i will go for somebody like toulalan or bodmer, both from lyon icon_biggrin.gif

Well he is 28 so he is not exactly young but he has is a natural leader and a good base to build ya squad around.

The Chosen One, my 1st epl win is a surprise tho, i can send u man utd fixture on 1st season, its so funny, they either draw or lose that make them lose all their lead at the top.. lol.. and don't be surprise.. coz i started this save at 8.00 and i do update to 8.02 and have other saves on 8.02 but my newcastle is still in 8.00 so well.. hmm lol and scott golbourne will be class by the time he reach 4-5th season and u definitely got a good player in your hands, train him hard and he might be even better than what i see in my save.. good luck..

uklonewolf, i tink u have some money to spend and i seriously recommend u get van der vaart, he is 24 and he really do help u in getting your squad built, and after 2-4 seasons u can actually sell him tho.. or u might wan to go for Tymoschuk and van der vaart ? lol

Going well so far, Im top of the league icon_smile.gif

Only by a point though :p

Ins:

Christipher Samba - 1.5m

Vincent Kompany - 6.5m

Diego - 13.5m + 20% sell on (Good bit of buisness there?)

Andrey Arshavin - 6.75m

Kevin Doyle - 9.5m

Hugo Lloris - 14.25 M

Nedum Onuoha - 7m

Joe Mattock - 2.1m

-----------------------------------

Total: 61M

Outs:

James Milner - 7.5M

Steve Harper - 1.9m

Damien Duff - 4.6m

Emre - 4.1m

Nicky Butt - Free Transfer

Mark Viduka - 1m

Geremi - 3.7m

Total: 23M

Cutting Viduka, Duff, Emre and Geremi saved me loads on wages!

hey i'm second season newcastle

came 3rd in the league and won the euro cup and i need some advice

Owens massive wages are too much for my team and he didn't have a great season compared to his 1st for me

I was wondering if there was anyone similar I could get who is younger and similar quality

Martins doesn't cut it for me and saviet is still to young

Cheers

so i proved KING KEV wrong by grabbing 4th first season.

newtablegb6.png

Notice how Scumderland Was So Close from getting relegated...they got europe aswell from reaching FA cup final aswell

i also got alot of goals from Martins aswell Owen never scored using the current tactic so i had to use him as sub

topscorersrt4.png

well i managed to get to 2nd first season icon_biggrin.gif

but the main thing i noticed when looking at your overall scoring in the league and your players scoring tallys, is that it only just makes up 94 :p

guessing you didn't have too much luck in the cups then?

sorry for the many posts but ronaldo_1978, i tink tt adres rios is a regen coz i cant find him in my game, i have many of those players.. young and have monster stats, dun be too hurry with him, slowly train him, i got one heading 19 finishing 20 and he is oni 20 years of age, and most of his stats are above 17.. MONSTER!

yea my cup run was aweful

i beat grimbsy 1-0 in league cup then got arsenal next round and got knocked out. ryss murphy scored a hattrick aswell.

in fa cup i got tottenham 3rd round and lost by a single goal. it was just on of those games

I'm currently in my 1st season of Newcastle half way through I'm currently 11th in the league here is the squad

GK Lloris/Enyeama(Spelling is wrong

WBR: Beye/ R Taylor/ Faye (Ryan Talor is playing real poor so he is normally sub)

DC: Christopher Samba

DC: S Taylor

WBL: Enrique

MC: Piatti/Emre

MC: Barton

MC: Milner

AMC: Matias Fernandez

FC: Guilherme

FC: Martins/Viduka (Martins is always first choice.)

Any ideas how to improve my side.

I have got to the final of the FA Cup was beaten by Man City.

Archived