*OFFICIAL* FMS 2006 Challenge #1 - The Challenge of the Ages by Bobbev

Peacemaker7

Could I just clarify one point with regards to being able to sign no more than 3 players for a fee...

Does £0 count as a fee or is that fine? I wasn't sure if you meant you can only sign 3 players contracted to another club, even if the "fee" happens to be £0 anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

how objectionable and horrible would it be if I used CM0102 for this?

I don't mind doing FM if needed, but that would mean installing it and my computer almost flatlining under the strain of having to run a massive 4 different games, and that includes Solitaire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres no reason I can think of why the challenge cannot be run on any SI version.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ell and Back:

Oh dear! Seems I overlooked the three players for a fee rule. Back to the start of the season it is then! Thankfully I had only written a bit depsite playing a season.

I'm playing using CM01-02 too. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd overlooked it as well until after finishing my first season, but since I had no cash to spend the "fee" part wasn't a problem at least icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Could I just clarify one point with regards to being able to sign no more than 3 players for a fee...

Does £0 count as a fee or is that fine? I wasn't sure if you meant you can only sign 3 players contracted to another club, even if the "fee" happens to be £0 anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A free transfer is a no-fee deal so you can have as many of those as you want.

OK, time for an official log update methinks.

Attjen has taken his Danish kids to their first promotion - check it out here.

Terk's youngsters have been a bit quiet recently - hope the big man hasn't quit on Wallace's Weans.

Spav's old boys seem to be settling in well so get over to Belgium and follow their progress here.

Faramir's Harrow Hill juniors have just started competitive action so it's not too late to get your Season Ticket.

Crazy -Xenon- has been a little quiet and we have had no news from Portugal Portugal for a while.

bartley_m has made a start at Barnet but there is little progress to report so far.

PM7 is off to Spain to start a youthful revolution at Rayo.

glamdring is in Norway attempting the Path of Youth with Lofoten FK whilst I am trying the Path of Experience with the same team.

HD is back from the dead and trying to ruin Vauxhall Motors by filling the team with old, fat, bald Scotsmen.

Ell and Back is another one in Spain and Gramanet will soon be echoing to the sounds of young voices.

Finally, Brian of Nazareth has started his attempt in beuatiful Rimini, Rimini, Rimini and is busy ditching the kids.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

Terk's youngsters have been a bit quiet recently - hope the big man hasn't quit on Wallace's Weans.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not quit, just haven't had time to play any fm recently. only posting on my main story because i have that written in advance.

My story is a bit slow at the moment - game runs nice and fast so I've finished first season, but I need to be in the right mood to get the story part done so it needs to catch up before I play any more. Things are in the tubes though, being prepared for next posts icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Educated Hick:

Might as well claim my story. Though, having reread the rules, I realize I bought too many players on fees. Oh well, won't buy a player for the next three seasons.icon_frown.gif Though if Bob makes me restart, then I will. Your call Bob.

Brazillian twist </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll let you off just this once, but don't let it happen again icon_wink.gif

Just a quick note for Bobbev mainly - I'm still very much planning to continue my story, it's just a bit slow at the moment. Partly because I'm totally hooked on a game managing my local team Whitley Bay (that'll probably go pear-shaped now though having just reached the Premiership where I hate managing!) and also because I tend to be tired after work and playing a non-story game is easier whilst I'm eating my tea than writing story.

I don't want to start playing season 2 until I've finished my write-up for season 1 though so I don't get too far ahead. I'll do my best to catch up and keep pace though over the next couple of weeks icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Just a quick note for Bobbev mainly - I'm still very much planning to continue my story, it's just a bit slow at the moment. Partly because I'm totally hooked on a game managing my local team Whitley Bay (that'll probably go pear-shaped now though having just reached the Premiership where I hate managing!) and also because I tend to be tired after work and playing a non-story game is easier whilst I'm eating my tea than writing story.

I don't want to start playing season 2 until I've finished my write-up for season 1 though so I don't get too far ahead. I'll do my best to catch up and keep pace though over the next couple of weeks icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glam - I'm finding it slow going too but that is because I am struggling to get into FM06. It's a lot more difficult than FM05 and I am struggling to put a decent tactic together.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

I don't want to start playing season 2 until I've finished my write-up for season 1 though so I don't get too far ahead. I'll do my best to catch up and keep pace though over the next couple of weeks icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glam - I'm finding it slow going too but that is because I am struggling to get into FM06. It's a lot more difficult than FM05 and I am struggling to put a decent tactic together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean - so far with Lofoten I've had no problems at all with that, but I was just lucky with my first season. With my Whitley Bay game in FM2005 I am now in my 10th season and whilst it has been a resounding success overall, there are quite a few inexplicable periods of totally appalling form where I feel I have no control at all and have considered giving up with it.

I dread losing two games in a row in FM06 because form and morale seem to have such a big impact that it can easily spin you off onto a long winless streak!

I know what you mean - so far with Lofoten I've had no problems at all with that, but I was just lucky with my first season. With my Whitley Bay game in FM2005 I am now in my 10th season... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that should read FM 06, not FM2005

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Crazy -Xenon- has been a little quiet and we have had no news from Portugal Portugal for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I promise some sizeable updates at the weekend. Been a bit busy to concentrate on everyone's favourite albino! icon_biggrin.gif

I'll need to be disqualified from this challenge. I just realised that the three players I brought in on deadline day in the 06-07 season cost £1K each and not £0K that I had thought I bid. Accordingly I signed 6 players for fees in that season and am no longer eligible. icon_frown.gif

I have taken the liberty of deleting the save game. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

I'll need to be disqualified from this challenge. I just realised that the three players I brought in on deadline day in the 06-07 season cost £1K each and not £0K that I had thought I bid. Accordingly I signed 6 players for fees in that season and am no longer eligible. icon_frown.gif

I have taken the liberty of deleting the save game. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being a bit harsh on yourself HD - I don't think anyone would quibble over a few quid.

I've had to conclude my story due to hard-drive issues. icon_frown.gif

At any rate, I feel that I've at least set the initial bar for this challenge. Through 6 full seasons, Skjold earned promotion twice to make it into the top Danish league. The club spent two years in Division 2, two years in Division 1, and 2 years in the Premiership. The first year in the Premiership, Skjold finished 5th and qualified for the Inter-Toto. In the second year, Skjold finished 3rd and qualified for the UEFA Cup. (Skjold did absolutely nothing in the Danish Cup.)

I expect you all to do better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

I have taken the liberty of deleting the save game. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're being a bit harsh on yourself HD - I don't think anyone would quibble over a few quid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On reflection, perhaps deleting the save was a bit hasty. Ah well, having a go at the youth angle now, but I'll give it a season's play to see if I'm into it before I start writing, as usual.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ell and Back:

A quick question, do transfers paid carry over to a new club if half way through a season? icon_smile.gif

For example if I'd made one at my old club would I have two or three transfers for my new club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you change clubs then your transfer slate is wiped clean and you can start again with three transfers available.

Time for a long-overdue official log update.

Attjen's excellent effort ended prematurely due to hardware problems but it is still well worth a read.

Terk is making slow progress with Wallace's Weans but it is still going.

Spav has been a bit quiet recently but get the latets from Belgium here.

Faramir's Harrow Hill tale is taking shape well so check it out here.

Not much news from crazy -Xenon- recently - what has happened to the albino?

Looks like bartley_m has given up at Barnet.

PM7 seems preoccupied with other thinks so no news from Rayo.

glamdring isn't giving much away about his progress with Lofoten FK but I am still plugging away with the oldies at the same team.

HD has disqualified himself after breaking the transfer rules at Vauxhall Motors - harsh but his decision.

Ell and Back is continuing to make progress at Gramanet.

Brian of Nazareth has just secured promotion at beuatiful Rimini, Rimini, Rimini so well done there.

Educated Hick has come and gone having been shown the door by Centro Sportivo Alagoano. But the boy is no quitter and he is back in the saddle at Ragusa.

Haze.13 has been keeping us well entertained with events in Russia.

Binny is our latest member to give this a go and he is picking vegetables in Sweden.

Sorry for such long delay, I've just added latest update at last.

I enjoyed playing first season hugely, but was determined to wait until my story caught up to continue into next season and the story has been lagging somewhat due to lack of time and inspiration - struggling to write something that isn't just tedious and dry dross!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived