El RicKenco's Ambitious FM11 FIFA World Football League Project - Planning Stage

El_Ricardo

There may also be a Cup Winners Cup type competition for those teams which win their national/regional off season tournaments, called the Sapphire Shield.

This is something I really want to do, couldn't do it with the basic editor last year, but if it works in AP then we have to include it.

Maybe also a Super Cup at the start of each season involving 4 teams, the previous season's winners of Gold League, FIFA Cup, Diamond League and Emerald League? Like a blend of Community Shield and Euro Super Cup all rolled into one.

I was also thinking of a mini-cup between the winners of each division within a tier, sort of like a Champion of Champions thing to decide who is the best of all the teams in that tier.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hasn't been scheduled in detail, but we see no problem. The top clubs will play no more than three cup competitions a season, to add on to the 34 or 38 league games. The national/regional competitions take place away from the main season - like the Brazilian state championships. I should think most of the top players wont play in these lower reputation competitions.

The clubs lower down only take part in two cups in the main season, and this allows for more league games in the season - about 42.

It hasn't been scheduled in detail, but we see no problem. The top clubs will play no more than three cup competitions a season, to add on to the 34 or 38 league games. The national/regional competitions take place away from the main season - like the Brazilian state championships. I should think most of the top players wont play in these lower reputation competitions.

The clubs lower down only take part in two cups in the main season, and this allows for more league games in the season - about 42.

Ah, I see.

To add to this, the national/regional comps in my previous version ran from August to October, but we could shift this forward to July which would make the season longer, but these games could replace the need for pre-season friendlies for bigger teams. Smaller teams tend to start in July these days anyway (like Liverpool this year!!)

The problem with that is this: where then do we schedule the Diamond and Emerald league qualifiers? Should the national/regional championships be any more than three months in duration? There needs to be at least a couple of months break somewhere; especially for international championships.

You're really trying to do a lower tie by region? If the editor keeps the same i guarantee you that it won't work. Why? Cause European teams will go up in the ties and the rest will go down and it will end up with European regional divisions with clubs from the rest of the world. Doing regions worldwide is a job too complex to do on an update like this because setting borders on the division is the only way to do it, if you want it to work well, and it is a incredibly hard task.

BTW, if you planning to do the U18/reserves as an other nation competition you should know that it is a boring thing to do and sometimes it simply won't work. Doing it imply that you finished completely the rest of the update. If in the process of doing the new competition structure you find an error on something that means redoing everything.

The regions will be set, as will the regional divisions each club is eligable for. Also, the advanced rules allows us to specify precisely which seperate leagues and divisions feed in to which. I cant forsee too many problems if this works.

The regions will be set, as will the regional divisions each club is eligable for. Also, the advanced rules allows us to specify precisely which seperate leagues and divisions feed in to which. I cant forsee too many problems if this works.

The normal editor do that too... but it doesn't work properly.

Yes, but if I recall correctly those entirely newly created nations (and / or continents) do not show up in the game, the way you want.
Oh, really? That's a bitch.

I am not entirely sure. If you want to know it you should check the advanced panel thread.

El Ricardo: thanks for explaining Fancy Dan :thup:

And I see your point about the downside of the Non-Fifa nation.

I guess that means that you also want all your teams to retain their own nationalities, as otherwise they all have the same nation. (As was an option in one of your (or Kenco's) databases.)

Anyway, I like this thread, so if I come up with more helpfull ideas, I will post them.

It's impossible to keep all clubs in the correct region, I know this from FM10. But setting regional boundaries and regional competitions against every club makes a difference and as El Ricardo said, we have already discussed the possibility of increasing the rep of clubs outside of Europe to ensure they are competitive. I'm going to do some testing on reputations on FM10 to come up with a fair solution.

It still won't be perfect as you will get a few slip through, but I reckon it will be at least 95% accurate.

The 'European problem' will balance itself out. We've discussed boosting a few of the reputations for the rest of the world clubs.

This is what I mean by specifying the competition. I will link every division to the correct region. Why wouldn't it work?

If they go only to this leagues it will crash for sure. If 2 clubs are promoted from an european league to, for example, a challenge league and no european clubs are relegated to this league then the game will crash since the number of clubs in a league are not variable. (We tried to make it variable but is not possible) Keep in mind that is not possible to balance this kind of things because european clubs attract more players. (it's an hard coded value in the game) I've tested and even if you put a value of 1 in reputation they will attract better players on the second season compared to the other continents clubs.

El Ricardo: thanks for explaining Fancy Dan :thup:

And I see your point about the downside of the Non-Fifa nation.

I guess that means that you also want all your teams to retain their own nationalities, as otherwise they all have the same nation. (As was an option in one of your (or Kenco's) databases.)

Anyway, I like this thread, so if I come up with more helpfull ideas, I will post them.

Please feel free to keep posting ideas and discussing our posts, it's good to get input from the community as everyone has a different view on the game and we want to incorporate as many ideas / suggestions as possible.

If they go only to this leagues it will crash for sure. If 2 clubs are promoted from an european league to, for example, a challenge league and no european clubs are relegated to this league then the game will crash since the number of clubs in a league are not variable. (We tried to make it variable but is not possible) Keep in mind that is not possible to balance this kind of things because european clubs attract more players. (it's an hard coded value in the game) I've tested and even if you put a value of 1 in reputation they will attract better players on the second season compared to the other continents clubs.

Even if you specify competitions, you will still get some fallout but this is impossible to perfect. It's like in the English league, if 2 each are promoted from Blue Square North and South to the BSP, and 4 come down from the BSP are all Southern teams, then 2 from the Southern division are moved North based on geography. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this, except by changing the reps of clubs outside Europe to prevent them dominating and maintain a reasonably fair split.

But you never know what will happen, in my game on FM10 Liverpool have dropped to Tier 5 and ended up in the OceAfrAsia league, and they are struggling in that!

With the new dynamic league rep the in built European bias may no longer be the case. We'll need to wait and see what the editor allows too.

Advanced Panel help required!

Okay, I downloaded the 'format.rar' file and saved it here:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data

I navigate to here but cannot see the file I have just saved. However, if I click "compatibility files" at the top of my page, it changes my location to:

C:\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data

and I can now see the file. So I open this, and choose to extract to:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data\Format

but I get a list of errors like this:

C:\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data\format.rar: Cannot create format\adv panel.rar

The system cannot find the path specified

etc.

I'm just reallly confused, can someone in the know please explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Advanced Panel help required!

Okay, I downloaded the 'format.rar' file and saved it here:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data

I navigate to here but cannot see the file I have just saved. However, if I click "compatibility files" at the top of my page, it changes my location to:

C:\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data

and I can now see the file. So I open this, and choose to extract to:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data\Format

but I get a list of errors like this:

C:\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sports Interactive\FM2010\Tools\Editor\Data\format.rar: Cannot create format\adv panel.rar

The system cannot find the path specified

etc.

I'm just reallly confused, can someone in the know please explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

The best way is to backup your Editor Folder and use this one:

Editor

Here's the latest error:

Extracting file: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\data\format.rar

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\data\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Error: Access is denied

Error: unable to create output file "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\data\format\adv panel.rar"

Kenco, try these steps:

1. download and save the file to your documents/downloads folder (so not already extracting it to the folder where it should be in the end)

2. scan it for virusses, etc

3. when necessary unzip it, and save it to for example documents/fm extra files (so not already extracting it to the folder where it should be in the end)

4. save the original gamefiles that you are about to overwrite, to for example documents/fm original files

5. right click the (extracted) files you now have, and click copy

6. find the folder you want to copy them to, right click in blank space and click paste

7. overwrite when asked (make sure you have saved the originals!) and choose administrator things if asked

8. everything must have worked by now

9. open the fm editor

10. use the advanced panel

This is how I do it, when it is not possible to unzip or copy-paste right away.

Kenco, try these steps:

1. download and save the file to your documents/downloads folder (so not already extracting it to the folder where it should be in the end)

2. scan it for virusses, etc

3. when necessary unzip it, and save it to for example documents/fm extra files (so not already extracting it to the folder where it should be in the end)

4. save the original gamefiles that you are about to overwrite, to for example documents/fm original files

5. right click the (extracted) files you now have, and click copy

6. find the folder you want to copy them to, right click in blank space and click paste

7. overwrite when asked (make sure you have saved the originals!) and choose administrator things if asked

8. everything must have worked by now

9. open the fm editor

10. use the advanced panel

This is how I do it, when it is not possible to unzip or copy-paste right away.

I've done these things, and I think I have it in the right place, but I still get errors. I'm now even having problems trying to patch the game, don't know why my PC is suddenly rubbish but it's really stressing me out!

Which OS are you on?

This have always worked for me in XP, Vista and 7.

Have you allready posted your problems in the SI technical help forum?

Perhaps FrazT or any of the other members can help you there.

Which OS are you on?

This have always worked for me in XP, Vista and 7.

Have you allready posted your problems in the SI technical help forum?

Perhaps FrazT or any of the other members can help you there.

I'm on Vista. Will post in the technical help forum.

How's this for a finalised cup list?

FIFA Cup (all encompassing cup)

FIFA Diamond League (Champions League equivalent)

FIFA Emerald League (Europa League equivalent)

FIFA Platinum Super Cup (Opening season cup event featuring the winners of the above three cups + Gold League winner)

FIFA Ruby Trophy (Cup winners cup for the winners of all of the national/regional 'off season' championships)

FIFA Sapphire Shield (Cup winners cup for the continental competition winners)

UEFA Cup

Copa Sudamerica

CONCACAF Cup

CAF Confederation Cup

AFC Cup

OFC Cup

Kenco - I've very nearly finished the entire league layout, with all teams! Cup rounds and rules will be also detailed in the next excel spreadsheet I send, with proposed competition reputations.

Does anybody have any views on what kind of squad and match day rules the competitions should have?

How's this for a finalised cup list?

FIFA Cup (all encompassing cup)

FIFA Diamond League (Champions League equivalent)

FIFA Emerald League (Europa League equivalent)

FIFA Platinum Super Cup (Opening season cup event featuring the winners of the above three cups + Gold League winner)

FIFA Ruby Trophy (Cup winners cup for the winners of all of the national/regional 'off season' championships)

FIFA Sapphire Shield (Cup winners cup for the continental competition winners)

UEFA Cup

Copa Sudamerica

CONCACAF Cup

CAF Confederation Cup

AFC Cup

OFC Cup

Kenco - I've very nearly finished the entire league layout, with all teams! Cup rounds and rules will be also detailed in the next excel spreadsheet I send, with proposed competition reputations.

Does anybody have any views on what kind of squad and match day rules the competitions should have?

I think that's all the cups we need, next just need to plan out how many rounds and games each team will play.

I don't think we should have any rules for matchdays / squads, I think it just overcomplicates things. Would also like to retain my 4 from 9 subs rule in everything because I've gotten so used to it, but if this isn't shared by everyone else I can just adapt my own game later on.

My views:

At least 7 subs benched (but more than 7 is ok too)

At least 3 subs named (but more than 3 is welcome too)

So that is pretty much wath Kenco said.

You could also use a 6+5 or similar rule for cups, for example minimum of x-amount players from nation, or y-amount players from youth.

Such rules could perhaps better be implemented for minor cups, as Kenco is right and you shouldn't overcomplicate things.

6+5 is tricky to implement as each team plays within the FIFA nation while having their nationality set to how it was. I'm personally in favour of a 30 man squad rule with 8 being under 23, to promote youth development.

If everybody wants Kenco's subs rules then that's fine; I can always change my own db to 7 and 3.

Kenco - with regards to the advanced panel - it might seem painfully obvious but it's worth checking. After you load up the database are you looking under the 'file' menu and not 'database' on the left hand tree menu? The advanced panel is under 'file'.

Kenco - with regards to the advanced panel - it might seem painfully obvious but it's worth checking. After you load up the database are you looking under the 'file' menu and not 'database' on the left hand tree menu? The advanced panel is under 'file'.

That's where I'm looking, but it doesn't show.

good luck kenco. My advice is to fully patch the game first (to 10.3), clear out your cache if you haven't already installed the game, backup the folder into a zip file and copy the new files into it. If it doesnt work you can then just put the old folder back.

good luck kenco. My advice is to fully patch the game first (to 10.3), clear out your cache if you haven't already installed the game, backup the folder into a zip file and copy the new files into it. If it doesnt work you can then just put the old folder back.

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, repatched to 10.3, then tried the advanced panel again. But it still doesn't work. I must be doing something wrong, I really need someone to give me a step-by-step idiot's guide!

Maybe it's a problem with the overwriting? This is my entire tools folder. Download it to your desktop and unrar it there. Go to Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010 and delete the tools folder. Copy mine from your desktop to the same place. That should bypass any overwriting it has to do.

If that doesn't work, I have no idea what the problem is.

Nice one Jimmy!!

It appears to be working, thanks everyone for helping but in particular Jimmy, who is legen........................

wait for it..............................................

....................................................dary!

El Ricardo - It would be helpful if you could change the Japanese teams on the spreadsheet to the names that show up in game, because it doesn't find the likes of Antlers, Frontale, Urawa Reds, etc. I'm not sure what their real names are so for now I'm just switching in the highest rep Japanese teams, but it would be best if we changed these before we do the final version so we don't get any confusion. Thanks.

Currently just building a mini-structure based on your spreadsheet into FM10 and will put in a few cups and run a test. Mainly trying to see if we can fit it all into a season.

Perhaps you could let the season run over 2 years ;)

I don't even know if that is possible...

Glad to see that the advanced panel finally works for you Kenco!

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can set cups every 2 years, so perhaps we could alternate some of them?

Nice one Jimmy!!

It appears to be working, thanks everyone for helping but in particular Jimmy, who is legen........................

wait for it..............................................

....................................................dary!

Haha, you're welcome.

Archived