El RicKenco's Ambitious FM11 FIFA World Football League Project - Planning Stage

El_Ricardo

it all depends on what is possible in the normal editor. It was pretty easy to use in FM10, but was a bit too limited. Advanced Panel allowed alot more customisation, but was too complex. We really need something in the middle, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the FM11 basic editor is that something.

Testing time isn't that bad, as I'm normally editing the next step whilst testing runs in the background.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have you guys read this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230311-FM2011-Demo-comps.efa-changed-to-comps.fmf

It seems making club competitions will be easier, will this new system make the world superleagues more 'realistic' as you wont need to change the nationality of the club would you?

You don't have to change the nationality of clubs in FM10, as seen in my version.

You don't have to change the nationality of clubs in FM10, as seen in my version.

But what were the 'side effects' of not changing the nationality over? Wasnt there a problem with the jobs screen not showing the managers security?

And when changing the nationality over what are the unwanted side effects?

Also, what method do you plan on using for this next world league you are both making?

Really excited about playing it too :)

But what were the 'side effects' of not changing the nationality over? Wasnt there a problem with the jobs screen not showing the managers security?

And when changing the nationality over what are the unwanted side effects?

Also, what method do you plan on using for this next world league you are both making?

Really excited about playing it too :)

Yes, the job security screen was empty, and teams from nations whose season runs January to December would still update at the same time so their players season stats would be off.

To be honest I'm not sure exactly what method we will be using. We want nations to retain their nationality, and we're planning to change all nations to run on a July to June season. If there is something that fixes the job security screen as well then we would definitely do it that way.

Just waiting for the new game (and some time to work on it).

If there is something that fixes the job security screen as well then we would definitely do it that way.

Wouldn't an easy fix for SI to make be to change the filter option on the manager security screen, give it an option to filter manager security by league or division. Would that solve it? Maybe you guys could ask and see if the UI people could add it.

Wouldn't an easy fix for SI to make be to change the filter option on the manager security screen, give it an option to filter manager security by league or division. Would that solve it? Maybe you guys could ask and see if the UI people could add it.

Probably a bit late to ask them.

Just letting you know in advance that I wont be spending any time on the editor or game at all when it's primarily released, as I have quite a bit of work to do with my degree which takes priority in the meantime.

The bulk of my contributions to the 'practical' side of things will likely come through December time.

May i suggest using the normal version instead the Advance Panel... Using the AP will require a lot of testing and will consume an huge amount of time. In a project like this could be complicated.

It depends what can be done on the normal version. In FM10 it was too basic, if it has been improved to allow slightly more advanced competition editing then I would prefer to use it as the AP would take ages, I agree.

Something about the new editor I dont like is the way it automatically makes the teams the same nation as the nation rules you are creating.

That happened on FM10 if you change the nation of the league after putting teams in, but didn't if you set the nation first.

That will be a pain!

Exactly. I much preferred your World League system when nations were not changed. In a quick experiment using saudi arabia as the World league nation, Melbourne were out buying mostly saudi's. I preferred your method when clubs would actually buy more like real life.

Exactly. I much preferred your World League system when nations were not changed. In a quick experiment using saudi arabia as the World league nation, Melbourne were out buying mostly saudi's. I preferred your method when clubs would actually buy more like real life.

Well, if I have to move clubs then change them back then that's what I'll do. There is no way I am releasing a database where clubs all come from Wallis & Futuna.

Im assuming a few of you rascals have already had the editor up and running for a bit now.... so, has anyone got any insight as to if the new features of FM11's editor will make this project easier and/or more professional?

I was surprised to see my copy arrive today (estimated delivery was next Monday), so I will have a quick look tonight once I've installed/patched (unless I'm playing Fallout, as that arrived today as well).

Well, if I have to move clubs then change them back then that's what I'll do. There is no way I am releasing a database where clubs all come from Wallis & Futuna.

I may have to retract this statement, since it seems the new editor will not allow teams to compete in a league unless they have the same nation as the league.

Shame on you SI!

So I am wondering if maybe changing the structure of the league would work. If you instead create small national leagues and have the teams belonging to that nation then enter the World League.

ie: You edit the english league to be 10 teams that will play in the World League. They play each other over a month or so and then they all enter into the World League which plays over 10 months. Is the editor capable of doing this? Creating a World League structure with past positions being remembered so they enter into the correct group(division) the following year.

So I am wondering if maybe changing the structure of the league would work. If you instead create small national leagues and have the teams belonging to that nation then enter the World League.

ie: You edit the english league to be 10 teams that will play in the World League. They play each other over a month or so and then they all enter into the World League which plays over 10 months. Is the editor capable of doing this? Creating a World League structure with past positions being remembered so they enter into the correct group(division) the following year.

I think the only way of doing that is to set up nation rules in W&F and set the World League under the secondary division tab, which means teams can keep their nationality. They would also continue to play in their domestic leagues, which I could edit down to 8 or 10 teams each and run it early in the season. But I would have to edit every league structure in the World, and then you would need to load them all to be able to manage any team, so it's not really feasible.

Unless I'm looking at it wrong?

I think the only way of doing that is to set up nation rules in W&F and set the World League under the secondary division tab, which means teams can keep their nationality. They would also continue to play in their domestic leagues, which I could edit down to 8 or 10 teams each and run it early in the season. But I would have to edit every league structure in the World, and then you would need to load them all to be able to manage any team, so it's not really feasible.

Unless I'm looking at it wrong?

Am I assuming that you are using Nation Rules?

I am running into problems with player's values dropping massively when I move teams into my new league structure, even though I have changed the rep, league standard etc. of the nation where it's set. This wasn't a problem last year, it seems SI don't want me making a World League this year!

I may have to retract this statement, since it seems the new editor will not allow teams to compete in a league unless they have the same nation as the league.

Shame on you SI!

In the end it won't change much since the regen players will be from the city where the stadium is... although i've seen some exceptions lately...

Isn't it the case that if you keep the teams nations, teams from countries like e.g. Sweden will have much harder to compete even if you put their reputation and balance up to a decent standard? Especially their wage structure will fall behind massively even if you make them richer than a team let's say from Holland.

Isn't it the case that if you keep the teams nations, teams from countries like e.g. Sweden will have much harder to compete even if you put their reputation and balance up to a decent standard? Especially their wage structure will fall behind massively even if you make them richer than a team let's say from Holland.

It's very likely now that all nations will be the same.

I wouldn't say that is the case anyway, I found in last year's version that some teams from smaller countries did well and were able to compete with bigger ones because of their improved finances / reputation.

Wouldnt that mean you would have to have the national league playable so you could manage a team in the elaborated continental competition.

Exactly.

I'll have another go tonight, maybe setting the league in one of the bigger nations (England for example) to see if players keep their value. I'd rather not do this if I can help it, but there may be no other way.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone else who is attempting a World League to see how they are getting around this.

Setting the league in England seems to do the trick, so it seems that for this world league to work, every club will have to be English. Which is a bit annoying, but I can't see any other way to do it.

There is some good news though, in that sub-divisions are much more user friendly and it seems we can easily set divisions to promote and relegate to, as well as different rules for divisions at the same tier. This means we should be able to set up the national/regional competitions under the secondary divisions tab as a league structure, with promotions/relegations. Just doing a small test now to see if this works.

Not surprisingly, something is wrong with the secondary divisions. I set up a quick 2-tier system with an English and a Spanish division in each. Teams relegated from the first tier don't go into the 2nd, they just disappear. And Barcelona now find themselves in both divisions of both tiers. Yes, they are in all 4 leagues, as well as the Gold League, which would surely cause problems.

That's all I'm doing for today.

Kenco - I have been playing a lot with the editor and advanced panels and feel the changes Si have made for this version of the editor has really put up a wall for a more realistic world league.

A ran a few tests too with the league as an english nation. I really didnt like how things progressed. Very unrealistic signings, most clubs would base their buying on British players and staff first.

I feel the best option is to create a smaller structure system with mini-national leagues, editing say 30 nations to be included, with them playing a quick domestic system followed by a longer league/group world competition/s.

Kenco - I have been playing a lot with the editor and advanced panels and feel the changes Si have made for this version of the editor has really put up a wall for a more realistic world league.

A ran a few tests too with the league as an english nation. I really didnt like how things progressed. Very unrealistic signings, most clubs would base their buying on British players and staff first.

I feel the best option is to create a smaller structure system with mini-national leagues, editing say 30 nations to be included, with them playing a quick domestic system followed by a longer league/group world competition/s.

That's what I was afraid of, with all clubs of the same nationality they would mostly sign players/staff of that nation.

Perhaps we could go for the alternative, edit the major leagues to make their season shorter and create new continental competitions. The question with this? Can we expand contintental to include leagues from all over the world?

Okay, had a think about it, and I'm not sure editing the major leagues is the way to go. The problem with this is that it's alot of work and you would have to load all of those nation rules for the game to work.

We can create a "Contintental Rules - World" file, so perhaps we could set up some kind of World League/cup competitions in this and disable the current continental comps, and it would run in line with the normal league season.

El Ricardo - would be good to hear you view on it when you get a break from your studies, and of course anyone else with an opinion/suggestion, please feel free to express it.

We can create a "Contintental Rules - World" file, so perhaps we could set up some kind of World League/cup competitions in this and disable the current continental comps, and it would run in line with the normal league season.

Doing this would you still not have to load up many different nations to give you the option to manage clubs?

Doing this would you still not have to load up many different nations to give you the option to manage clubs?

I am thinking I might create some new leagues for those smaller nations who don't have leagues, perhaps a Caribbean league or an Oceania league, so we can manage teams from the small and obscure nations.

But ultimately, yes, you would have to load up multiple leagues depending on where you want your managerial career to go.

Archived