Stupidest Press Conference question?

Well to answer the thread question, anything asked by Garth Crooks, when he worked for the BBC.

But in my game my ass man was asked three times about a players injury in a row, in a 5 question interview. Each time he gave an answer (not the middle "I don't want to say anything" one either).

maybe the first question at the initial press conferences about being happy to join the club, why would you say you werent? I do enjoy swearing tho.

i don't bother with press conferences as a rule i just let an assistant with motivating, man management etc +10 attend them (no idea what stats actually matter) they are easy enough to hire even as a blue square south manager and 9 times out 10 they give what the game considers an answer that the squad will react well to. Even if they are terrible as a coach its worth hiring them just to avoid the terrible tedium.

love the game and have been playing since cm2 but press conferences imo are the worst feature SI have ever brought in, maybe not as an idea but ceratainly in implementation.

So many people in this thread glancing over the issue rather than focusing on what the questions actually do and how you can use them to your advantage.

Rather than looking at the words take some time to consider the results and what has happened due to your answer.

The other main reason for leaving them to my AssMan to deal ...

Interpretation

When I read the Questions and thier corresponding Answers, the game seems to handle the meaning of them differently to how I understand them, due to thier phrasing and structure.

Footballese (the language apparently used) is NOT english, it looks and sounds like English but isn't.

Therein lies problem. We approach them from an "English Language" stance, and the game doesn't.

Archived