The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

You can't really judge a team on a friendly, nor is it very fair doing so. There's a number of reasons why friendlies suck such as motivation (or lack of), general fitness, lack of atmosphere etc...

I'll judge Celtic when it comes to their league results and not on their pre season results.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

HI guys.

Just updating Rix's profile as part of the FM research exercise.

Can someone email me to confirm what formations Rix preferred during his Hearts spell, please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

HI guys.

Just updating Rix's profile as part of the FM research exercise.

Can someone email me to confirm what formations Rix preferred during his Hearts spell, please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm being serious here when I say he didn't use a formation most of the time. 4-5-1 was his usual, but he was also liked using a 1-9-0 or a 10-0-0 formation (and i'm not taking the **** either, that how bad the guy was icon_biggrin.gif).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Btw, a bit off topic but seeing as this thread is also salvation for Hairy Coo and other non OF fans, has anyone ever managed to break the OF in FM? They've been top two for 9 years in mine. So hard to beat them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I finished 2nd a load of times with Hibs. Team bottled it on last day of season I remember. I later got sacked icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

I'll be busy for the next couple or so months as i'll be moving house and doing other pish, but it would be good to meet up for a pint (or two) with you and the other hibbys on here icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

rip.gif this thread. You'll come back and it will still be on page 4. I'm up for a bevvy. Something central, could be a Saturday before game or for banter/potential fechting after a game.

I was Hibs but got sacked after 1 and a half seasons. Been cradle snatching unattached 15 year olds with Berwick after I got that job following Hibs dismissal. They are all turning good but all end up leaving at 21 as they want to move to a big club - despite me offering UEFA Cup football and SPL football icon_mad.gif

Last season I pushed Rangers close - I was like 9 points ahead of them and 9 behind Celtic with 10 games to go...Rangers went on to win the title and I was left 18 points behind Celtic.

I'm currently top of the League int his season on 49 points whilst Old Firm are both on 47 points. Got to play each of them twice (including post-split)...******** it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Btw, a bit off topic but seeing as this thread is also salvation for Hairy Coo and other non OF fans, has anyone ever managed to break the OF in FM? They've been top two for 9 years in mine. So hard to beat them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I finished 2nd a load of times with Hibs. Team bottled it on last day of season I remember. I later got sacked icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the days of CM3 online with Turps, Dogs, Bod etc. the aim was to relegate the OF, they always managed some amazing Houdini act and never got relegated but were always in the bottom 6, it was funny seeing them sack managers every 6 months though.

CM3 aah, those were the days.

icon_smile.gif

Is it the thread where you are singing 'Killer Queen'? icon_razz.gif

If so Reidy is doing a grand job with Hibs and Bod with the Pars, brings back memories of my glory days where I had the Pars in 2nd behind the all conquering Livvy of Dogs. icon_frown.gif

We're still pish in this, just no get up and go.

Jones is looking pretty class though. Benji doing well too but we're just slowly going through the game and lumping it up the park which is totally pointless. So infuriating when our normal style of play should be enough to beat this lot.

I'm ****ing myself atm reading Hibs.net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Player Ratings

Si Brown - All he had to do was fall sideways rather than fall backwards when the Odense lad had his shot and he would have stopped it. Did nothing else of any note -0

Whitts - Beaten time after embarassing time. Not a bad player just never a right back - 2

Sproule - When is an impact player not an impact player? When he's knackered after 60 mins. 5

Thommo - Can only give him a max of 5 because it was only in the dying seconds that I realised he'd come back on for the second half. - 4

Stewart - Worked very hard but wasn't actually very good - 5

Benji - He didn't come on for the second half right? - 4

Killen - Choccy legs strikes again. 20 goals this season? Aye, if he can score them all in the first 15 mins of the games - 3

Subs:

Dalglish - I know he swung his foot and scuffed the ball in for our second goal but again I ask anyone to tell me what he gives us that we do not have. If we want someone to jump for high balls for an hour without winning a single one, play Konte. - 4 (for putting in the effort)

Overall - Oh Dear!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously I've only kept the funny ones. All of these from the same poster icon_smile.gif

Looks like the Webster transfer is going to be held up by at least a week.

Players fly to Austria tomorrow and nothing has been completed yet so he wont be joining for the next few days at least.

Apparantly we are talking to FIFA to try to get everything clarrified about this rule that he's activated so that we are doing everything above board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Apparantly we are talking to FIFA to try to get everything clarrified about this rule that he's activated so that we are doing everything above board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not the only team doing that I hear... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Did i mention that it wouldn't take them long before they started spouting this pish? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say it's pish, I remember being absolute hopeless after both legs of the Dnipro tie, and getting beat by Livi after the Athens game. On past form it's basically throwing 6 points away by playing a post European Sunday game.

I'd also suggest it's a message board so your fairly likely to have every opinion covered, you've chosen to bypass the countless other threads spelling doom, questioning TM and saying we are generally rubbish.

And if Hearts were in our position I'm sure this type of post would not even be considered on Kickback, where you are being declared as last season's "unofficial SPL champions" now due to what happened of New Years day by a few folk I've noticed.

Good work though icon_smile.gif

Isn't the whole point in finishing 3rd, 4th or whatever is for European qualification? Why bother about league position at all if all you're going to do is look upon European football as a hindrance?

It's a joke, Hibs are a joke, your fans a fecking joke and all your clubs fans hopes and aspirations amount to no more than seeing their neighbours fail. They prefer to live away back in the 70's, and their best memory is a result that wasn't even down to them (Albert Kidd), it's embarrassing. These are the same 'fans' that deserted their own team at hampden, yet they still try to justify not turning up at, and lets be honest, the club's most important game in decades. It's about time most Hibbys bothered more about their own team than what happens across in the west of the city.

That's your laddie your talking about icon_wink.gif

I've been cheered up no end when i came in to work to see the Scotland U19s had qualified with Fletch getting another goal.

Looking back on that game again I don't know if we even deserved to win the game, we were that bad. Our defense was better than our attack, and you all no how bad we were at the back last season. This was all because of Rob Jones, he is going to be huge for us this season (chortle).

Benji had a good first half too so hopefully he can find that again.

Yes of course we wanted to reach the UEFA cup. Whenever any team go out the cup you always get "well we will now concentrate on the league" so it's no surprise we are saying that.

IF MY WORK COLLEAGUE DOESN'T STOP LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER I'M GOING TO HURT HIM WITH MY SELLOTAPE DISPENSER.

I'll be honest, I don't expect Hearts to make it into the CL proper, but I expect us to at least make it into the league stages a' the UEFA cup and I'll be mightily ****ed if we don't. In fact, I'd prefer we got beat with 'Livi' the 'following' Sunday if it meant we progressed past the league section.

Would it have hindered your club had they beaten us in the semi and then went on to reach the final? icon_biggrin.gif Seems most of your club's fans thought so.

Well our end of season form was so bad that it wouldn't have made much difference!

Put it this way though. If we had reached the final and say our fixtures were clogging up and our squad was getting thin then we would have won less games but it would have been worth it because we were going for something bigger.

Obviously we wanted to win and go through, the lack of fixture congestions is the faintest glimpse of silver lining.

Play like that and Aberdeen will hump us too though.

• SI Staff

Hearts won't be seeded in the 3rd Qual Round should they make it.

They could face the likes of these teams...

Liverpool

Arsenal

Valencia

Ajax

Lille

Benfica

Steaua Bucharest (should they qualify)

CSKA Moscow

AEK Athens

Dinamo Kiev (should they qualify)

Palermo

Levski Sofia (should they qualify)

Shakhtar

Galatasaray

Hamburg

Slovan Liberec

They'll be unseeded.

ER, being close to umpteen Hibby's I'm guessing you know exactly how important Europe is to us, and how disappointed the vast majority of people are that we aren't there.

We're hardly unique in that a few people choose to put as positive a spin on things as possible when things go wrong. Everytime a negative media report on Hearts appears, what's the first thing Kickback falls over itself to say?? Conspiracy? Everyone hates Hearts? Big bad media scared of the mighty Jambos? What's the difference to what your pointing out? Where's your signings that are always all but complete? Pinilla? Two World Cup stars? Nowhere to be seen no? That might worry a few Hearts fans no, but I bet the majority are still putting a positive spin on it.

You speak of Hibs (fans and club) as some unique institution who are alone in talking s***e and making excuses, and consign to the arrogant belief that Hearts are now a massive club who we're obsessed by. It's b0llocks, Rangers fans, Celtic fans etc. all do the same, and funnily enough I'd say Jambos are the main perpetrators of it, just like you think the opposite. Coincidence eh?

For a start, you could all try to look at why Hearts finished miles adrift of a very average Celtic instead of bleating on about a day when Celtic were denied two clear penaltys and a perfectly good goal. Then figure why you haven't built on last season at all as of yet.

I'm not putting positive spin on anything, nor have I ever done so. With regard to finishing behind Celtic, you'll not find many fans that have blamed anyone other than Rix or Romanov. We weren't cheated, we weren't hindered, it was solely down to club politics and it's a tad short-sighted to suggest otherwise. However, where we do gloss over matters is when we state how far the club has come in such a short period of time. Only 2 seasons ago Hearts were on the brink of bankruptcy and would have done well surviving 6 months (something most Hibbys would have been satisfied with) never mind finishing second in our domestic league.

Do I think we're a massive club, no I don't. Have we now got some ambitions that lie out with the SPL or beating our city rivals once or twice a year - AYE.

As for the players, realistically we only need 1 and that would be a central defender, so what's yir point? Our team was built in under a season and the 'gelling' period was virtually non-existent, so again, we probably don't need these players as we'll probably be a better team by having a pre-season under our belts this time round.

I'm not putting positive spin on anything, nor have I ever done so. With regard to finishing behind Celtic, you'll not find many fans that have blamed anyone other than Rix or Romanov. We weren't cheated, we weren't hindered, it was solely down to club politics and it's a tad short-sighted to suggest otherwise. However, where we do gloss over matters is when we state how far the club has come in such a short period of time. Only 2 seasons ago Hearts were on the brink of bankruptcy and would have done well surviving 6 months (something most Hibbys would have been satisfied with) never mind finishing second in our domestic league.

Do I think we're a massive club, no I don't. Have we now got some ambitions that lie out with the SPL or beating our city rivals once or twice a year - AYE.

As for the players, realistically we only need 1 and that would be a central defender, so what's yir point? Our team was built in under a season and the 'gelling' period was virtually non-existent, so again, we probably don't need these players as we'll probably be a better team by having a pre-season under our belts this time round. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put far too many "you" and "yous" in my rant, apologies. You were selecting specific opinions for our support, I was picking up on common themes I've seen throughout Hearts support. It wasn't directed at you apart from your impressions of the Hibs support.

The feeling I get from Hearts is one fo hot air at present, big name targets that are hyped (or not even named) and rarely executed. In the same position I'd just feel disappointed that a whole pre-season had been based on speculation and little else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Hearts won't be seeded in the 3rd Qual Round should they make it.

They could face the likes of these teams...

Liverpool

Arsenal

Valencia

Ajax

Lille

Benfica

Steaua Bucharest (should they qualify)

CSKA Moscow

AEK Athens

Dinamo Kiev (should they qualify)

Palermo

Levski Sofia (should they qualify)

Shakhtar

Galatasaray

Hamburg

Slovan Liberec </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be more than happy with any a' these teams:

Slovan Liberec

AEK Athens

Dinamo Kiev

Palermo

Levski Sofia

Shakhtar

Galatasaray

Lille (Don't know much about them so I'm no sure how good they are)

Steaua Bucharest

Had we been playing at Tynie I'd be delighted with these ties, but it's going to be tricky playing most of these teams at Murrayfield.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Transfer hype and speculation is just a business strategy to sell season books.

Same with most teams to be fair - not just Hearts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's usually a bit more substance to other clubs. Hearts are at the stage now where they are linking themselves with players like Ahn and Portillo. It may be a cynical view, but it reeks of merely creating these rumours as a sign of how big Hearts are now safe in the knowledge that these players will go elsewhere. When a transfer seems to actually come close to completion (ie. Ahn) it dies a death funnily enough.

Archived