People say nothings changed for Pompey...

They've had a tycoon takeover on my first 10.3 game...

Portsmouth.png

Still 15th in the league though and haven't bought anyone. I suppose they'll start buying over the next month as the Jan transfer window has just opened.

Peter Storrie took over on my game, I somehow doubt Portsmouth will be in the premiership at the end of this season, but I'm sure another few million will have mysteriously vanished ;)

Its a shame Si cant have clubs being taken to court ingame on failure to pay debts and risk going under. With new clubs being setup down the pyramid for those with huge finances or make it more realistic that people taking over would be unable to reduce is debt that much so hard times keep ongoing. The new chairman instructing you position not important but working below budget to help reduce debt.

The way the game getting takeovers these challenges are not as hard as they should because alot times it tends to be big benefactors tend to wipout the debt.

The game is set up so clubs can't disappear altogether, however, I don't like the current line that all too often struggling clubs get back into the black all too often and are back in a few years on a competitive level. During FM08 when Arsenal were unstoppable for 10 - 15 years, you could put them in 1 billion debt, and it would only take the board 1 - 2 weeks to restore their finances, in total, Arsenals board wiped out 18 billion pounds worth of debt inside of 6 months and Arsenal didn't enter administration lol.

I can understand why its done so clubs don't disappear, but, they should be too weak to build teams in each league until they get down to league 1/2 or below.

Am i da men or what?Just beat Man utd away with Porstmouth 0-5!!!!!!I havent won in 8 games in a row and now this.When will SI fix the game?:D So you see there is hope for all those who play as Portsmouth.

Archived