FM 2008: Staff Guide

Weaz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think they generally vary from game to game to, as I've never had same coaches from an old game, with the exception of Moniz from Tottenham, also some of the more well known coaches seem to be the same all the time but they're hard to lure away from the start of the gamke withou paying them ridiculous wages.

• 4 weeks later...

I am playing Bournemouth - promoted to LG1 in first season, hoping to get to Playoffs this season (currently 13th after 8 games). Need an assistant manager - keep making offers but they get ignored i.e. no rejection of offer, no nothing - does this seem right?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ali_g265

for youth coaches do u just need working with youngsters stats at 18 4 7* or doesnt it make a difference?

Originally posted by GeorgeCOYR:

I need some good scouts and a couple of good coaches for my Southampton side. First season 8.02 patch

And can i ask for the names you provide that they are NOT EMPLOYED

Cheers!

It's quite hard to give names as I think soem of the stats vary from game to game, maybe not but thats the impression I got, anyway it's very simple to use the in game search filters to find the criteria your after.

It's quite hard to give names as I think soem of the stats vary from game to game, maybe not but thats the impression I got, anyway it's very simple to use the in game search filters to find the criteria your after.

There all crap though lol

wolves, on the patch, 2nd season, in the premiership. got few 6 star coaches, and 2 7 star coaches, but need a 7 star coach for set pieces but cant find one for 5h1t. sure once club gets a better reputation i can gget 7stars in place of my 6s. i also need 2 more physios (got nanni), and lots more scouts (1 from begining, another looked ok, but not great).

also, need a quality assistant manager (got desailly as coach, leaving him there), and also wondering if its completely necessary to have 1st team coach and youth coach, can i not just have all general coaches? whats the benefit of having 1st team and youth? should they be specific to one attribute of training, like attacking for example, or just need to be good with 1st team/youth? see as need an ass. man, 9 coaches (1 for each attribute) and then 1st and youth coach = 11, and most clubs only recommend u have 8, my board wouldnt let me have 11, but was firing anyway.

might be dumb questions, but havent often paid laods of attention to this area, so kinda new to this area despite being a FM vet.

cheers

Originally posted by ponchos:

wolves, on the patch, 2nd season, in the premiership. got few 6 star coaches, and 2 7 star coaches, but need a 7 star coach for set pieces but cant find one for 5h1t. sure once club gets a better reputation i can gget 7stars in place of my 6s. i also need 2 more physios (got nanni), and lots more scouts (1 from begining, another looked ok, but not great).

also, need a quality assistant manager (got desailly as coach, leaving him there), and also wondering if its completely necessary to have 1st team coach and youth coach, can i not just have all general coaches? whats the benefit of having 1st team and youth? should they be specific to one attribute of training, like attacking for example, or just need to be good with 1st team/youth? see as need an ass. man, 9 coaches (1 for each attribute) and then 1st and youth coach = 11, and most clubs only recommend u have 8, my board wouldnt let me have 11, but was firing anyway.

might be dumb questions, but havent often paid laods of attention to this area, so kinda new to this area despite being a FM vet.

cheers

Lots of questions there...

If you can't find a 7* coach for your set pieces using all the filters then just get a 6*, staff also have CA and PA so as they improve and there rep gets better, so will there stats, making your 6* coach a 7*.

Physios are easy to find, just filter Physiotherapy at least 20 and get one with good motivation I find helps too.

I don't know who you could attract as asst, so best to filter for, Motivation, Level of Discipline, Tactics, Working with youngsters, also helps if they have good all round skills, look for an all rounder, or put Desailly as Asst, he's amazing here, and he can still do what he's doing now, or you could simply get another decent coach in when you move him to Asst.

I just put all my coaches to Coach, no need for 1st team or youth team, Coaches can train both 1st team and youth so are money better spent, as far as I'm aware theres no benefits to having them train only youth or only first team.

And it's only necessary to have one coach for each area I believe, that coach can then teach that area to both youth and 1st team, I like to have my Asst oversea all areas aswell (no benefit from this, just a bit more realistic)

The only time you need more than one coach fr each area of training is if there workload is higer than Average(or whatever it says) this only happens if you have a very large squad, in this case, hire an extra coach to help out in that one area.

If you can't get any more staff due to club limits then here is a guide to getting around this.

Any more questions just ask.

ah yeah, of course, sorry, duh!

no way of knowing this though is tehre, unless you have the pogram that lets you see them, which i personally don;t want, would spoil it a bit i think

any good scouts and physios? i've got nanni already

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
can someone tell me a good youth coach that has attacking stats of 18+ and working with youngster of 18+. Also i have to sack alot of staff just to get one staff member i want. is there any way around this?

Your best bet is to use the filter attributes in staff search for the type of coach you are after.

It depends if your board have set you limit on the number of coaches if so, you will have to get rid of some coaches before you can bring in other ones.

Your best bet is to use the filter attributes in staff search for the type of coach you are after.

It depends if your board have set you limit on the number of coaches if so, you will have to get rid of some coaches before you can bring in other ones.

Thanks for the reply. Is it worth getting rid off all my staff and bringing in the new ones, or should i wait till after the first season and see how they do?

Roughly:

Go to search on the left hand side-bar, you will see something which looks like player, then staff and then I think shortlist. Click staff and simply use it just how you would filter for players but this one is obvoiusly for staff lol. Customise and choose the attributes and coaching positions (if you like) you want and you should find what you are looking for :)

Roughly:

Go to search on the left hand side-bar, you will see something which looks like player, then staff and then I think shortlist. Click staff and simply use it just how you would filter for players but this one is obvoiusly for staff lol. Customise and choose the attributes and coaching positions (if you like) you want and you should find what you are looking for :)

Thanks i remembered how to do it after i had asked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can suggest

Phyisio - Lieven Maesschallk, Jose Maria Villalon, Gianni Nanni, Robert Swire

Coach - Krzysztof Dowhan, Michael Watt, Ryan Giggs(in the 5th season), Rene Meulensteen, Brian McClair

Youth coach - Franco Baresi, Eric Harrison, John Park, Paul McGuinness, Brian Eastick

Archived