Weaz

Originally posted by Skinaldo:

Very Good Idea mate icon14.gif

G.Nanni-physio-Bologna

F.Baresi-youth coach-Milan

V.Pincolini-ass man-Parma

V.Scala-coach-Roma

P.Paixo (sp) hes brazilian and prob best coach/ass man in game

I'm Man Utd & in my 3rd season, i still have Queiroz as my Asst M but he needs a new contract and i can't give him as much as he wants and don't want to either.

You think i should get rid of him and make Paixo as my Asst M as i already have him at the club as a coach..?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by B-A-H:

However, I'm not convinced that Costacurta is a good Asst Mgr - has anyone else experienced this? Would Desailly be the right man tio replace or should I bring someone else in???

costacurta's stats start off pretty poor as you've noticed, but they do get a lot better during the course of the first season.

Here you go

Strength = Fitness 18

Aerobic = Fitness 18

Goalkeepers = GK 18

Tactics = Tactics 18

Defence = Defence 18 + Tactics 18

or Defence 19 = Tactics 14

or Defence 20 + Tactics 10

Attack is the same as Defence except substitute Defence stats for attacking stats

Ball Control = Technique 18 + Mental 18

19 + 14

20 + 10

Shooting = Technique 18 + Attack 18

19 + 14

20 + 10

Set Peices = Tech 17 + Mental/Att combine 39

Tech 18 + Ment/Att combined 36

Tech 19 + Ment/Att combined 33

Tech 20 + Ment/Att combined 30

These will give you 7 star training on each area,

You only need the one coach on each area but obviously the more you have the less the workload.

Hope this helps

Kenster

hi guys, does anyone know any good staff for fm07? i've got millwall to the premiership, but need a total change of back room staff as my aston villa reject of an assistant manager is useless, and my physio's can't prevent me sometimes losing 10+ players to injury per week! my scouts keep encouraging me to buy 30 year old centre backs from obscure leagues to replace jack hobbs and ben haim, and don't even get me started on the rest of 'em!

Alot of the top coaches and staff here are extremely hard to lure to your club if you're not one of the big European clubs.

Most of my current Granada C.F. coaches on my new game are 6* with the exception of Erik Thorsvedt, my Assistant Manager, who takes tactical coaching and rates 7*.

Something I don't think anyone may have noticed in this thread is the "Knowledge Base" for scouting players. One of the reasons I got Erik Thorsvedt in as assistant, besides his good stats, was his knowledge of Scandanavia.

The more variety you have in nationalities and area knowledge of ALL your staff, the better your scouting network will be, thus increasing the players "found" using the player search and scout searches.

Insofar as not finding staff people have listed here, this has alot to do with what leagues you have active, along with any additional countries you've selected to "load all" players/staff from.

When I start a new game, I always choose to "load all" players/staff from each of the leagues I have running, along with countries that are relevant to those leagues.

For example, if playing the Spanish leagues, I load all players & staff from all the Spanish speaking countries I can find, even down to Honduras and Dominican Republic. I also select all EU member countries. If I have the English leagues, then I load all English speaking countries (rather alot!!) and always the home nations, plus Eire, along with all EU members.

Through this method, over the last two FM releases certainly, it gives alot broader scope further into the game for regens. Downside is you need a pretty fast PC to run a large DB and additions well.

There are a few around. If you start with the following "Staff Search" looking for a 7* coach (very difficult), then drop the stats on your search a little.

Set Pieces: Technique = 17 & Mental plus Attacking = 39.

Set Pieces: Technique = 18 & Mental plus Attacking = 36.

Set Pieces: Technique = 19 & Mental plus Attacking = 33.

Set Pieces: Technique = 20 & Mental plus Attacking = 30.

To get 6* coaches, just toggle the stats downwards a little.

All great stuff - thanks!

I finally now have 7* training across the board (at least for my first team).

BTW - I think that either staff stats are randomised or a mot more variable than players, as a number of the people mentioned by name have not been quite as good as suggested in my game. But the good old filters found alternatives.

If anyone hasn't worked it out - sign Francisco Seirul.lo, Barcelona' fitness coach - but as a general coach, his technical, mental and attacking (at least in my game) are great, he's the only 7* set pieces coach I could find.

My plea is - good scouts to cover

Scandinavia

Eastern Europe

Africa.

I'm fed up with my scouts telling me to sign Robin Van Persie, David Villa, etc, and I can't find a way to search for scouts who have knowledge of particular countries.

KRZYSZTOF DOWHAN - Polish

This bloke has been superb for me. He starts FM08 as a goalkeeping coach but as leeds in league one i appointed him as ass manager. His reputation is World Class and his stats brilliant. With him i have found loads of good players and he always wins games if hes in charge for any reason.

Probably the best ass man ive had in any FM series.

heres a few more staff for you all to take a gander at, i dont think any have been previously mentioned, enjoy...

libro

fulvio fiorin

andrew renshaw

antony santoro

adolfo abad

paco herrera

jose luiz runco

steve mccall

norbert elgert

ayres albuquerque

ray clemence

filliol

Originally posted by Playerbrooker:

Ive just seen Lieven Maesschalk, of AC and hes got 20's for - Attack, Defending, Fitness, Mental, Technical, Determinationa and Physio.

icon_eek.gif

he is irl worldknown for his knowledge to "heal" from sportsinjuries, all the big stars of every sport come to him for advice ....

Originally posted by Ravdeep:

how do u find out the star of a staff member?

It's based on their "ratings" in each attribute. The lower their attributes, the lower their rating in a particular field of training, the lower their star rating and vice-versa.

This quick guide should help when looking for 7 star coaches, but bear in mind, lower attributes produce lower star ratings...

Here you go

Strength = Fitness 18

Aerobic = Fitness 18

Goalkeepers = GK 18

Tactics = Tactics 18

Defence = Defence 18 + Tactics 18

or Defence 19 = Tactics 14

or Defence 20 + Tactics 10

Attack is the same as Defence except substitute Defence stats for attacking stats

Ball Control = Technique 18 + Mental 18

19 + 14

20 + 10

Shooting = Technique 18 + Attack 18

19 + 14

20 + 10

Set Peices = Tech 17 + Mental/Att combine 39

Tech 18 + Ment/Att combined 36

Tech 19 + Ment/Att combined 33

Tech 20 + Ment/Att combined 30

These will give you 7 star training on each area,

You only need the one coach on each area but obviously the more you have the less the workload.

Hope this helps

Kenster

icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hi, can any body tell me if there its bad to sign main team coaches to the squad and get them to work on youngsters too even if they have a high level of work rate with youngsters@ is it best to get it about 50% - 50% between first and youth, or to have 9 coaches working on both the first team and the youth team?

As far as I can tell splitting the coach between senior and youth has no impact on their workload - doesn't make sense but it seems to be true.

The main thing is to focus each coach on only one area - e.g. Tactical - rather than spreading them across multiple categories. This will put their workload at low and allow them to have maximum effectiveness (its the only way to get 7* ratings as far as I can see).

Remember though that your first team coach can't work with youngsters and your youth coaches can't work with the senior players.

I find coach stats are very random. I read some thread saying Costacusta is a great coaching after retiring, but in my game, he's worthless. So do many coaches in others' games with good 7* stats but I normally can not find more than 5 coaches with 7* for each training attribute. And of course, they are very hard to lure.

I agree but patience often pays off. Once you've identified these guys track them and check on them every 6 months.

Clubs often let coaches contracts run down to 12 months or less and if you show consistent interest over 2-3 years they will sometimes agree to sign for you.

I've got Lieven Maesschalk from AC Milan this way - took 3 years though. He is a top physio but also has loads of other good coaching stats. I'm trying to get him to accept a coaching post but he's not interested yet... I'll keep going!

Archived