FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the full game I'd been playing the demo for awhile and I'm slightly disappointed with some of the low ratings for Spurs players mainly Berbatov who's one of the best forwards in the world but players like Fred and Aguero are way better than him unlike in real life also Zokora with a 9 for marking is way off to.

Anyway I'm 8 games into the season and flying high 2nd in the league 2 points behind manure I've made abunch of transfers here they are.

OUT

Aaron Lennon to arsenil 20mil +50%SOC

Jermaine Defoe to pompey 10.25mil +20%SOC

Robbie Keane to spammers 10mil

Didier Zokora to derby 4.1mil +50%SOC

Jermaine Jenas to Reading 5.5mil +30%SOC

Tom Huddlestone to Reading 2.6mil +30%SOC

Hossam Ghaly to Wigan 3.1mil

I made lots of doe plus I had 24 mil already in the kitty after telling the board I'd win the league icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

IN

Sergey Ignashevic Free

VDV 10mil

Modric 11.25mil

Matias Fernandez 9.25mil SUPERSTAR

Makoun 8mil

Samba 1.4mil

Maldonado 5.75mil

Farfan 6.75mil

Results so far

Spurs 1 Derby 0

Fernandez

Chelsea 1 Spurs 1

Fernandez again

Spurs 2 Birmingham 0

Berby and Maldonado

City 1 Spurs 1

Bent

Spurs 4 Wigan 0

Fernandez(2) Samba Makoun

Liverpool 2 Spurs 3 icon_biggrin.gif

Kaboul Modric Farfan

Spurs 3 Sarajevo 1

Bent(3)

Spurs 1 Sunderland 0

VDV

Spurs 2 Fulham 0

Ignashevic Fernandez

Pompey 0 Spurs 1

Berby

Sarajevo 0 Spurs 4

Bent(2) Taarabt Malbranque

Doing great so far playing a 4231 here's my line up

GK Robbo

RB Chimbo

LB Bale

CB King

CB Samba/Ignashevic

CM Maldonado

CM Makoun

AM Modric

AM VDV

AM Fernandez

ST Berbatov

subs Cerny Kaboul Boateng Farfan Bent

I want to add Garay, Fred, Aguero, and a new young attacking RB with plenty of determination still looking for the perfect candidate but I've still got 14 mil in the kitty so after the mid season transfer market I'll post my wheelings and dealings COYS icon_biggrin.gif

Paulinho it's me BillyandtheBollox or Keanoldinho I've been gone for ages but now I'm back with avengence you been doing ok pal?

Makoun has been a huge addition for me. I love him in the middle of my midfield. He and the prince are great. Ratickic is absolute garbage. Paid 24 mil US and he has not been good at all what so ever. Do not get him at all. Torje, Sergio Mota, Thiago(who happens to be very close with Mota is excellent), Makoun, Chris Samba, Breno, Micah Richards, Gai Assulin were all very awesome pickups. I think I have some..... Dalle Valle, Bakroth were also great. Im going to send out Dalle Valle on loan.

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by <smurf>:

i'm just missing a mate for king in the centre - lost micah to ars*nal icon_mad.gif

Garay is awesome but a bit pricey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have been looking at cahais (who's a bit cheaper) and he seems good but i was looking for an english player... could i get better that dawson?

cheers

Originally posted by welshace:

lennon and zokora in the middle sounds really dodgy to me .. id much prefer to play huddlestone instead of either of those... and tbh.. ghaly or tainio are better then zokora for me

retrain lennon for the left wing and bring in fernandez to the middle of the park

i didn't need to retrain lennon for the left, he plays awsome there with malbranque on the right

the secret with lennon (and other good young players/wonderkids eg bale) is to give em team talk saying "no pressure" and they will perform great icon14.gif

Originally posted by Huddlestone:

Well I tried Fiora 2 prepatch and it didn't look like a success story

I bought VDV, M.Fernandez and Samba.

Any other suggestions on what I should do differently?

shouldnt you be trainning IRL? lol icon_wink.gif

fiora takes time to settle in but it has worked well for me - i'm leading the pack in season 2 with 12 games played

modified fiora2 on the pitch slotting in two AMC's

Originally posted by Berby-Goal:

I'm slightly disappointed with some of the low ratings for Spurs players mainly Berbatov who's one of the best forwards in the world but players like Fred and Aguero are way better than him unlike in real life also Zokora with a 9 for marking is way off to.

Hi Billy, hope your well & behave yourself icon_wink.gif

Come to the Spurs data forum & put your points on the Spurs players ratings. icon14.gif

Sprs data issues thread

Originally posted by <smurf>:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Huddlestone:

Well I tried Fiora 2 prepatch and it didn't look like a success story

I bought VDV, M.Fernandez and Samba.

Any other suggestions on what I should do differently?

shouldnt you be trainning IRL? lol icon_wink.gif

fiora takes time to settle in but it has worked well for me - i'm leading the pack in season 2 with 12 games played

modified fiora2 on the pitch slotting in two AMC's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha and ok thanks mate.

Originally posted by Huddlestone:

Haha and ok thanks mate.

played 22 games of season 2 and still going strong with 9 points lead and a game in hand over ars*nal - i'm unbeaten in 13 games or so in the league

lost out the fa cup by playing reserve side but its ok - in league cup final with liverpool

just played 'em in the league and was leading 3-0 at half time, they got back into the game and were level on 88mins with crouch (2) and

xabi alonso but deep into extra time riquelme got the (controversial) winner icon14.gif

my team:

gr: robinson

rb: onuoha

lb: bale

cb: dawson

cb: king

rm: malbranque (f.arrow turning to fc)

cm: ernst (b.arrow)

lm: lennon (f.arrow turning to fc)

amc: riquelme (f.arrow)

amc: VDV (f.arrow)

fc: bent

i sometimes play this with 2 strikers and only 1 amc, usually against weaker teams

i'm having fun so far, quite distant from the 1st season hassles

Just started a game as Spurs game, a game i've enjoyed playing since FM2005 een though i'm a Liverpool fan (and Tranmere) really icon_razz.gif

I'm using the tactic most of you used in the demo, that 4-3-2-1, with 1 in the DM position. Playing Modric and Keane just behind Berbatov as the target man. Otherwise it's the usual. I accidentely put Ignashavich as captain, so half the team is unhappy that King is no longer captain, he is also considering his options. But it should be OK.

No-one's really come in for any of the players yet, only Inter put in an enquiry for Lennon, so i've got pretty much the squad with a few signings.

So far i've bought:

Sergey Ignashevich, Free

Luka Modric, £8.75M

Tomas Sivok, £5M

Sergio Mota, £775k+ clauses (coming in Jan '08)

Only Tommy Forecast has gone out on loan to Wycombe.

My training is only 4 stars for everything except goalkeeping which is 6. I have 11 coaches overall (excluding Poyet).

I've only played 2 league games so far and am 4th in the league, beating both Man City and Birmingham 2-0 with Berbatov scoring in both games.

Hopefully this should be a good season too, with expectations being continental qualification, which should be quite easy to do.

What should I do with Defoe and Bent though, I don't tend to swap players unless forced to through injury so there is nowhere for them in the team really, should sell Defoe keeping Bent as back-up?

I just hope a small-ish bid for someone like Lennon comes in and Levy (who seems to accept many bids) accepts it.

Well, I've made it through to the end of 2012 (the joys of the Xmas break) and am doing fairly well, just done the triple of League, League Cup and Champion's Cup icon_wink.gif

However, its getting to that point in the game where Berbatov is on the wane, and Ledley is starting not to look so good either. Also I am suffering from the usual Spurs malaise of a lack of left back (damn you Levy for selling Gareth Bale from underneath me).

So who should I bring in and who do you think I should dump?

Results

Team

Mostly been playing an old style 4-4-2 with a pair of out and out wingers who provide most of the assists

I'm thinking in's should include a new left back, a world class striker to pair with Nazarith and some young cover on the right hand side and out should go a one of the AMC's, Assou-Ekotto and one of the strikers (possibly Berbs).

Cover in the reservers is pretty decent at present and I've got a couple of World Class defenders coming through and a strike force good enough to take the reserve league easily, so any short term injuries can be covered without too many issues.

Anyone else hit the issue where the council turn down the a stadium upgrade, as that's starting to hit my gate receipts? Can you do anything about it?

Won the EPL in season 3.

Defoe was again on fire all season. Scored 37 league goals... 39 in all competitions. In 3 seasons he's played 120 games, scoring over 100 goals. Fantastic. Aguero too also stood out, averaging 7.53.

My performance in the cup was less impressive.

Enetering season 4 my squad is

Robinson

Ochoa

M Richards

Corluka

Kompany

King

Breno

VD Borre

Bale

Baines

Banega

Lennon

Guardado

Modric

Van der Vaart

M Fernandez

Ageuro

Defoe

Berbatov

Saivet

Huntelaar

I think this is giid enough to win the Champions League. Which will make me happy :-)

You should be good with that team, though I would suggest a bit of 'steel' in the midfield if you have any transfer budget left?

Everything else looks good, but if you need to close games down I don't see where the midfield enforcers are?

VBD's been brilliant for me as right back/makeshift wing back. Plus in a pinch he can cover on the right of midfield or in the defensive position (though not too much problem there playing as Spurs).

His stats have rocketed up as well over the 4 seasons I've been playing him. Plus it means you can flog Chimpy for several million and avoid him upsetting the dressing room, which he has done in a few of my games.

Get him early on though or you'll probably pay through the nose for him... How much are you offering for him?

Originally posted by Gord:

You should be good with that team, though I would suggest a bit of 'steel' in the midfield if you have any transfer budget left?

Everything else looks good, but if you need to close games down I don't see where the midfield enforcers are?

Cheers for that.

Got no cash left whatsoever. Aguero, Richards etc don't come cheap icon_wink.gif Am gonna give Richards the role of anchoring the midfield, but even my assistant reckons my midfield is my weak spot.

I owe big money to a few clubs when certain purchaes have playyed enough league games. I don't have this money now, so I'm kind of banking on a good European run and my link up with an American team to pay dividends.

You could say I'm doing a Leeds Utd icon_wink.gif

As for VDB, he's solid if unspectatular for me.

Like you say a good squad player. Berbatov didn't get on with him, but they've since resolved their difference. So no, i've had no issues with him

Originally posted by Gord:

VBD's been brilliant for me as right back/makeshift wing back. Plus in a pinch he can cover on the right of midfield or in the defensive position (though not too much problem there playing as Spurs).

His stats have rocketed up as well over the 4 seasons I've been playing him. Plus it means you can flog Chimpy for several million and avoid him upsetting the dressing room, which he has done in a few of my games.

Get him early on though or you'll probably pay through the nose for him... How much are you offering for him?

didnt get round to offer yet as i was worried i'd loose grip on team morale

i've got onouha doing magic as RB but as you say he's good cover and i couuld always try pairing onouha with king in the middle

i'm in january transfer window of season 2 so i might play it out till end of season and decide then

cheers

Originally posted by Paddy Pang:

I'm kind of banking on a good European run and my link up with an American team to pay dividends.

how can that help out? i've asked the board for a feeder team to loan some future players but the answers were dissaponting to say the least... seems they dont have the same ambition as i do, lol

any sugestions on this field?

Finished the 1st season in 3rd place after a major "blip" from aorund October-January but recovered it afterwards. Went out of the UEFA Cup in the group stages which the board were unhappy about. Can't rememeber about the cups, but I didn't win icon_rolleyes.gif

Currently going OK after a few games in the 2nd season.

In pre-season I bought:

Lulinha (3.1M)

Gonzalo Rodriguez (8.5M)

Ochoa (7.25M)

Vidal (9.25M)

David Luiz (6.25)

Notable transferred players are Jenas (11M) and Dawson (11M)

I would have had Higuain minus probably Vidal and Luiz but I negotiated too much and Madrid became uninterested in the transfer.

I'm playing bRAziL's 4-3-3 formation but do you have any suggestions on who I should play in these positions, as i'm spoilt for choice (for my liking anyway) especially in defence and attack.

Spurs.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy Pang:

I'm kind of banking on a good European run and my link up with an American team to pay dividends.

how can that help out? i've asked the board for a feeder team to loan some future players but the answers were dissaponting to say the least... seems they dont have the same ambition as i do, lol

any sugestions on this field? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A link up with an American or Far Eastern team is for commercial purposes, so it should help swell the bank balance.

What kind of feeder team are you looking for? Leyton Orient should be a feeder team at the begining, and i still use them to loan out yongsters too. You don't want your feeder team to be too good, otherwise your youngsters won't get any matches with them.

I've also got a Belgian team as a feeder club. I've loaned Nicholas Millan out to them, so he can gain a work permit.

I guess my adive would be to accept any offers the board give you. Then in 6 months ask again, and keep doing this till something good comes up. And then cancel the links with any clubs that really weren't neccassary. That's what i did.

jamesb123

sounds kinda like my 1st season but i managed Champions League footie cas Liverpool won the Cup in season 1 and i finished 4th icon14.gif

i've played that tactic too but didt create enought chances and ended up loosing games often (i later swiched to a modified Fiora2 - i'll try put the screenie up as soon as i undestand how icon_razz.gif)

as for your team and based on my experience with spurs so far...

GK: you are well served and will probably have trouble keeping em both satisfied - robbo has been AWSOME for me this 2nd season only giving 13 goals in 22 games

DEF: Bale on the left is a god (REFUSE any bids for him, trust me) ekotto is good backup for him too

King is certain and i'd play David Luíz as in my game he moved on to Juventus and has been v.good

on the right i guess Chimbo does well, havnt had Igna but he's spoken quite a bit around the forums - i believe he's better as DC though

if you can get Onouha from MCity u'd be v.smart - he's good too

MID: Hudds in DM

I've never played Modric so i'd go for Malbranque on the right and Lennon on the left (thats how i play them on my tac but they're more back and run from the midfield to the forward/striker)

Zokora and Lulinha in the middle (O'Hara is a good cover too as he develops quite well)

ATT: playing 1 striker is a problem as u have 4 to choose from... i shipped berbs out as he simply wasnt cutting it

bent has been simply fantastic (looking like last seasons berbatov IRL) with keane and defoe contributing very well too (both with over 20 goals last season)

EXTRAS: you can loose routeledge, zokora (if u get good cover), lyp and maybe a striker... u can choose which one

hope that helps somehow

cheers

Originally posted by Paddy Pang:

A link up with an American or Far Eastern team is for commercial purposes, so it should help swell the bank balance.

What kind of feeder team are you looking for? Leyton Orient should be a feeder team at the begining, and i still use them to loan out yongsters too. You don't want your feeder team to be too good, otherwise your youngsters won't get any matches with them.

I've also got a Belgian team as a feeder club. I've loaned Nicholas Millan out to them, so he can gain a work permit.

I guess my adive would be to accept any offers the board give you. Then in 6 months ask again, and keep doing this till something good comes up. And then cancel the links with any clubs that really weren't neccassary. That's what i did.

the teams the board offered me were really weak, conference divison or something i think...

how do you get an american / asian team deal? can u propose it or does it have to come from the board?

sorry if the q&a is lame icon_frown.gif

thx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jamesb123

sounds kinda like my 1st season but i managed Champions League footie cas Liverpool won the Cup in season 1 and i finished 4th icon14.gif

i've played that tactic too but didt create enought chances and ended up loosing games often (i later swiched to a modified Fiora2 - i'll try put the screenie up as soon as i undestand how icon_razz.gif)

as for your team and based on my experience with spurs so far...

GK: you are well served and will probably have trouble keeping em both satisfied - robbo has been AWSOME for me this 2nd season only giving 13 goals in 22 games

DEF: Bale on the left is a god (REFUSE any bids for him, trust me) ekotto is good backup for him too

King is certain and i'd play David Luíz as in my game he moved on to Juventus and has been v.good

on the right i guess Chimbo does well, havnt had Igna but he's spoken quite a bit around the forums - i believe he's better as DC though

if you can get Onouha from MCity u'd be v.smart - he's good too

MID: Hudds in DM

I've never played Modric so i'd go for Malbranque on the right and Lennon on the left (thats how i play them on my tac but they're more back and run from the midfield to the forward/striker)

Zokora and Lulinha in the middle (O'Hara is a good cover too as he develops quite well)

ATT: playing 1 striker is a problem as u have 4 to choose from... i shipped berbs out as he simply wasnt cutting it

bent has been simply fantastic (looking like last seasons berbatov IRL) with keane and defoe contributing very well too (both with over 20 goals last season)

EXTRAS: you can loose routeledge, zokora (if u get good cover), lyp and maybe a striker... u can choose which one

hope that helps somehow

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for that. This season my expectation again is just Euro qualification, so I should easily acheive that. I've also been handed a decent draw missing the massive teams.

Berbatov hasn't been playing too well either but neither did Bent or Defoe. I retrained Keane as an AMC and used him as a back-up/first team. He's too good for penalties etc.

At the moment I am using pretty much that team with Ignashevic out for a month, and Lulinha is playing brilliantly. Bale is making some mistakes recently though so I may drop him for a few games and see if that has any effect.

With the tactic, it differs. It worked very well coming out of my Christmas disaster, but since then has been indifferent. If I win it'll be by a goal or two, but if I lose, more-often-than-not i'll get battered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy Pang:

the teams the board offered me were really weak, conference divison or something i think...

how do you get an american / asian team deal? can u propose it or does it have to come from the board?

thx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I THINK it's pretty much based on reputation and how successful you are. Once you raise the reputation of the club enough you get a choice of which type of feedeer club you want. But if you're lucky you get them offered anyway.

thx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd accept whatever they offer you, then 6 months later ask again. I didn't get an American team till the end of season 3, so it can take a while.

After a couple of seasons the board ask you what type of feeder club you want. I always stated a commerical link (i.e with an American team) but they never came back with anything, so evetually i said i had no preference. Then they came back with a US team

Originally posted by knap:

How do you buy and sell so many players?

With only buying VDV,Samba, Farfan and selling LYP and Zakora Finished 3rd (64-32) and 1st (69-30) 2nd season.

well when i signed only vdv and fernandez at first, the team was playin crappy. Berbs wasnt scoring at all. Defoe wanted to leave and Bent was just useless. So i just sold all my strikers, then i had trouble with my defence, i'll concede just as many goals as i scored. I think buying palacio and huntelaar was the best idea i did so far. they score goals for fun.

Originally posted by Sanityfm:

I think buying palacio and huntelaar was the best idea i did so far. they score goals for fun.

how much did they cost? i brought in anelka after selling berbatov although he's been banging them in at zaragoza so i feel something strange going on here... guess my tactics didnt suit him

sorry about the size, my first pics post - i'll see if they come better next time

as you can see, my squad is about 24-25 players and about 10 are english

still trying for m.richards and possibly leighton baines although both are at ars*nal

might try garay or cahais if a good proposal for dawson arrives

have to get back up for malbranque quick (giovinco, guardado, giles barnes...)

the rest i'm pleased with icon_razz.gif

stragely one guy in the midfield holds quite well, the secret is that u score goals like its out of fashion

Just testing (Chelsea bigger budget) a 343 tactic all AM no DMs.

Are you using team or Fiora individual settings with above tactics.

Originally posted by Sanityfm:

you should have bought fernandez

he left for fiorentina early in 1st season

he'd have been good on the left i guess but VDV plays well there too although he is better as #10

he's bagged 15 goals so far this season, thats great!

Just finished my first season and ended up 4th icon_mad.gif mainly because out of nowhere my team just forgot how to finish Berby, Bent, Fernandez, VDV, Modric, and Boateng just started missing every chance they got I'm at a lose for ideas on how it happened. I won the Uefa Cup beating AZ on penos in the final, Everton knocked me out of the Carling in the semi and the goons knocked me out of the FA in the 5th round.

I've got a couple of tactics I've been using mainly 433 and almost everygame I dominate possesion and have 20-30 shots. For some weird reason my players have forgot how to finish It's gotten so bad they miss 9 out of 10 one on ones with the keeper. A quick example is Bent was set free from inside our half dead center and beat the off side trap he's all alone moving in on goal then he hits the ball straight at the keeper 3 fecking times in a row and on the 4th rebound he blazes it well wide I mean wtf is going on. Stuff like that happens everygame all game long I'm beginning to think the match engine is broke. I changed my training routine too putting the shooting section on intense and still no change in their pitiful finishing. I'm sick to death of opposing keepers getting MOTM everygame I play.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me? icon_confused.gif

Oh yeah and to top off my season of crap the goons finished 8th but won the CL so in turn I got knocked back down into the UEFA again icon_mad.gif

individual settings

when i play 2 amc's the one who comes back is the b.arrowed striker from Fiora2 original tactic

<smurf>, can you upload? If possible, to sendspace? Or email me also can.

Originally posted by Berby-Goal:

Just finished my first season and ended up 4th icon_mad.gif mainly because out of nowhere my team just forgot how to finish Berby, Bent, Fernandez, VDV, Modric, and Boateng just started missing every chance they got I'm at a lose for ideas on how it happened. I won the Uefa Cup beating AZ on penos in the final, Everton knocked me out of the Carling in the semi and the goons knocked me out of the FA in the 5th round.

I've got a couple of tactics I've been using mainly 433 and almost everygame I dominate possesion and have 20-30 shots. For some weird reason my players have forgot how to finish It's gotten so bad they miss 9 out of 10 one on ones with the keeper. A quick example is Bent was set free from inside our half dead center and beat the off side trap he's all alone moving in on goal then he hits the ball straight at the keeper 3 fecking times in a row and on the 4th rebound he blazes it well wide I mean wtf is going on. Stuff like that happens everygame all game long I'm beginning to think the match engine is broke. I changed my training routine too putting the shooting section on intense and still no change in their pitiful finishing. I'm sick to death of opposing keepers getting MOTM everygame I play.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me? icon_confused.gif

Oh yeah and to top off my season of crap the goons finished 8th but won the CL so in turn I got knocked back down into the UEFA again icon_mad.gif

that does sound strange and stressing too

what tactic do you play? what line up?

i tend to notice that if things arent happening for me then i need to move things around and make subs come on and so on in order to shake the team up but tbh doesnt sound like the same thing

berbs was cr*p for me but bent isnt and that is strange...

Archived