[FM10] Nolberto Solano the greatest Peruvian? We'll see.

TaylorB

After finally getting bored of being big clubs in FM10 I've decided to do something I've never done before. A career travelling all around the world. This thread has been inspired by similar threads by Rancer, DodgeeD, Iacovone and Raware's adventures, so I guess I should say thanks for inspiring my career :thup:

Getting down to business.

Leagues Loaded

South Korea (N-League and above)

Mexico (Promotion League and above)

Denmark (Premier Division only)

England (Coca-Cola League One and above)

France (Ligue 1 only)

Germany (First Division only)

Norway (Premier Division only)

Russia (Premier Division only)

Sweden (Premier Division only)

Switzerland (Challenge League and above)

Argentina (Second Division and above)

Chile (First Division only)

Colombia (Second Division and above)

Peru (First Division only)

Why Those Leagues?

The Scandinavian leagues are the ones that from my point of view, make this career. I've always found them fascinating in a sense, despite not following them. They seem to be a place where managers and players from obscure nations make the start to a career in Europe.

The 'big' European nations are where I want to be at the end of my career, this includes Russia from I think.

South American countries is an unknown to me, I've never managed before, and somewhere where I'd like to make a name for myself in this career. Specifically Argentina. One thing I've lacked majorly in any Football Manager save is a competitive Argentina team late into a game, hopefully if/when I manage there I'll get some quality regens and the national team will again be one of the best in the world.

And finally.. Why Nolberto Solano and why Peruvian nationality for my manager?

Nolberto Solano has long been a cult-hero within my household for no particular reason and with him coming back to play for Leicester inspired me to be Peruvian within the game. I will be trying to join Newcastle and Sporting Cristal during my management career if the situation arises.

The game will be started in January 2010 (Peru). My reputation is Sunday League Footballer.

Career Summary

Season       Club             GP  W   D   L   GF   GA   GD       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11      Yesan            22  6   9   7   18   27   -9     Resigned October 2010
2010/11      Italiano         25  8   9   18  29   50   -21    Took over with the club bottom after 14 games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL                         57  14  18  25  47   77   -30      

Clubs Summary

Record against other users teams..

Yesan

Competitions.

Year            Division           Position/Round        Notes
2009/10         N-League               11th              Resigned

After I left:

Year            Division           Position/Round        Notes
2009/10         N-League                9th              
2010/11         N-League                6th

Sportivo Italiano

Year         Division                                   Position/Round        Notes
2010/11      Argentinean Second Division                20th                  Won Relegation Playoff
2011/12      Argentinean Second Division                18th                  Took Olimpo job.

Trophy Cabinet

Record against other users teams..

Iacovone 1-0 Me.

HMD 2-0 Yesan

iseemonsters 2-2 Me

Cheonan City 1-1 Yesan

Yesan 1-1 Cheonan City

DodgeeD 2-1 Me

Olimpo 2-0 Italiano

Olimpo 2-2 Italiano

YesanFC.png

So, here starts the career of manager Ben Taylor*. (the * is in case I get a son during my career as Taylor is a very common surname.) Remarkably after one day of holidaying I was offered this job.

Yesan FC (Korean: 예산FC; Hanja: 禮山FC) is a South Korean soccer club based in Yesan county.

Currently Yesan plays in the National League, however the team was originally founded as Seosan Citizen in Seosan in 2002, and competed as Seosan Omega in the 2007 league season prior to the relocation to Yesan ahead of the 2008 season. (More can be found here)

Yesan Information

With a media prediction of 8th and some knowledge of managing in Asia (Rizhiquan in China), I think this could be a relatively relaxing season. Waiting to be proven horrendously wrong though.

I have a transfer budget of 80k which I won't use so my first course of action is to lower that and add to my wage budget leaving me £5.08k p/w to look for players capable of making us comeptitive in the league. Unfortunately we have no youth facilities and basic training facilities. Have to start somewhere I suppose..

April 2010.

Yesan 2-0 HongChun

A nice, routine victory in my first game at Yesan. Lee Jae-Mock opened the scoring with a bullet from thirty yards straight into the top corner. Bae Sang-Joon then completed the scoring after sliding past a defender and drilling the ball into the bottom corner. We played some terrific football, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Cheonan 1-1 Yesan

Lee Sang-Min must be the most hated man in my team after this, 3 chances all from within the 6 yard box, all hopelessly put wide. Still, his blushes were half-spared after Park Hyun-Je's first goal for the club was cancelled out by their striker midway through the second half.

Suwon City 3-0 Yesan

A game I never expected to get points from ended up with us gaining no points but putting a determined performance that I was proud off. Some Liverpool-esque defending from a corner gifted them the opener and they never looked back with the second coming after a shoddy bit of goalkeeping again gifting them the goal. The third then came after a slick move ended up with our defenders being spun more than a washing machine.

Yesan 0-0 BTC

We were expected to win comfortably. Well, we didn't win comfortably. It it wasn't comfortable to watch it was really a drab, drab match. Surprising lack of posession considering the domincance in terms of shots we had.

Changwon City 1-0 Yesan.

Defending from corners needs to be worked on. Four players aginst two in the box in our favour ended up with their attacker free to nod in from 6 yards. First game I'm truely dissapointed by.

Yesan 0-4 Kookmin Bank.

Title challengers visited .. and well, they did what was expected.

League Table.

Way below our media prediction, but early days. One positive I'm taking is now I know which teams I need to be competitive against and which aren't as important.

My Player Of The Month

Lee Jae-Mok - pulls the strings in the centre of the park and scored a spectacular goal to open up the scoring under my management.

A little end of month stat for you; in my first six games in charge I'm yet to make a substitution.

Great to see another journeyman career starting - and that my adventures so far have had an influence. :):thup: And good to see Argentina and Mexico in your setup too - I've had some great Argentinian regens in my save already!

Good luck in South Korea. Hope to see you in South America soon. ;)

May 2010.

Kimhae 0-1 Yesan

They started just a point and a place below us and I expected a win. We were rewarded with a somewhat fortunate penalty which Bae Song-

Joon drilled into the bottom corner. A valuable three points.

Yesan 2-2 KNHP

The media gave us no chance. What do the media know though? Bae Song-Joon with the opener with a screamer from the edge of the box.

They then equalized with an own goal before Han Kook scored his first goal for the club with a penalty. Slack defending meant they equalized in

stoppage time. Still, a point in a game we were expected to be thrashed, can't complain.

Hummel 0-2 Yesan

Jung Dae-Hoon opened the scoring with his first goal for the club from about half a yard out, still looked like he made it difficult to score. He

then scored his second from the penalty spot somehow nutmegging the 'keeper. Probably the least clinical brace I've ever seen. He even had

the chance for a hat-trick but headed wide from 6 yards. Another three points on the road in May.

Sadly I had to make my first substitution in this game after Bae Song-Joon was injured.

Yesan 0-0 Korea Railroad

We got battered. Somehow keeping the score level throughout the match.

Hallelujah 1-1 Yesan

Seems as though Jeff Buckley was singing for our team as Han Kook equalized to give us a vital point against a team around us in the table.

Transfer News.

Massive signings I believe. Scouts were sent to China and came back with Gilsinho and Gómez.

League Table.

We're in our media predicted position now. The table's starting to split into three sections now, I'm more than happy to stay in mid-table.

My Player Of The Month - Jung Han-Ka. A beast at the back and has formed part of the rearguard that has helped us so well away from home.

June 2010.

Only a few games this month before a three month break in the league, not too sure why.

Yesan 2-1 Gangneung City

They were top of the table. We had new star strikers. Both our strikers were influential. Gómez with a low drive from the edge of the box and Gilsinho winning a penalty after being hacked down which Han Kook converted. Our sixth game unbeaten.

HMD 2-0 Yesan

Iacovone 1-0 Me :(

A game I felt I needed to win was a disaster. We didn't perform and as so common they were stronger as 10 men than they were with 11. They move above us in the table.

FA Cup

Yesan 2-1 Daegu

Our first game against top tier opponents with me in charge. Click the link :cool:

League Table

Still where the media predicts us to be. Happy enough right now.

My Player Of The Month

Gómez had an outstanding first month at the club, he could really make a difference in our season.

I signed Gilsinho when at Tai Po and he had a couple of great seasons for us. :thup:

And what do you know? Nobby just attended one of my Olimpo games! He's just moved into management at Mexican side Santos Laguna and the cheeky little chap came along to scout my hot prospect right back. :D

I signed Gilsinho when at Tai Po and he had a couple of great seasons for us. :thup:

And what do you know? Nobby just attended one of my Olimpo games! He's just moved into management at Mexican side Santos Laguna and the cheeky little chap came along to scout my hot prospect right back. :D

I'm trying to get him to be a coach if he retires, don't like the sound of him becoming a manager! :(

July 2010

Yesan 0-2 Seognam

We put in an outstanding effort but there greater fitness levels proved the key as they pulled away in extra time.

August 2010

Can anyone tell me why there's a massive break?

September 2010

HongChun 1-1 Yesan

Jeon Seung-Hyun scores on his debut to gain us a point in a game that can only be described as bland.

Yesan 1-1 Cheonan

Me 0-0 iseemonsters

Bae Sang-Joon scored with what can be best described as a swivle, shin rolling fluke to open the scoring but yet again our defending from corners let us down. Another common occurance then happened as were awarded a penalty which Jung Dae-Hoon missed. Safe to say he'll probably now be dropped.

Yesan 1-1 Suwon City

I wanted revenge for our drubbing earlier in the season. Thanks to a superb goal from Lee Jae-Mok a draw will have to do. Lucky, considering the domination they had.

BTC 3-0 Yesan

Before the match, BTC's manager decided to have a pop at me using the media. I stayed quiet thinking I'd win this game. I left with egg on my face. Poor, poor performance.

Yesan 0-3 Changwon City

They opened the scoring from, yet again, a corner. They then scored a second and our form is vanishing before my eyes. Succesive 3-0 defeats.

Kookmin Bank 0-0 Yesan

Another game where we could gain some pride after an early season drubbing. We performed better. 4 goals better infact.

After this game I applied for the Léon job in the Mexican Promotion Stage and was given an ultimatum by the board. I promptly apoligised and kept my job. Good job too, my job application was unsuccesful. Hopefully I'll find a South American job soon.

Yesan 1-0 Kimhae

A win! \o/ Bae Song-Joon with the goal. Feels like a title win :D.

League Table. (Forgot a screenshot, you'll see why I can't take one soon, we're 11th, 2 points off 8th.)

Still close to finishing in the media predicted position. Even after this poor month.

My Player Of The Month - Bae Song-Joon.

Purely for the goal that secured THAT win. \o/

I'll echo the sentiments here and say good luck with this and glad I could've been an inspiration for you to start this save :thup::D.

I've got a current save at the minute in which i'm playing in South Korea but with FC Seoul though. It's still active but it's taken a back seat for a while, while I play my current lower league game in England.

As rancer said, there's not much money in the N-League and i'm not even sure if there's the possibility of promotion! Let's hope it gives you a stepping stone anyway and you start getting noticed by a few clubs.

So, I resigned from Yesan. I didn't enjoy the job and the fans were calling for my head. Raware and Rancer were right, there's NO money in the N-League.

After a month of holidaying, Sportivo Italiano from the Argentinian Second Division came calling. Looking at the predicament they're in, I'm really looking forward to the challenge

1smnth.jpg

eu31op.jpg

They were founded on 7 May 1955 by Italian immigrants in the Florida neighbourhood of the Vicente López Partido in the Buenos Aires Province, next to Buenos Aires city. The club were originally named Associazione del Calcio Italiano in Argentina, in 1978 they merged with Sociedad Italiana and became known as Deportivo Italiano, the clubs third and latest name change occurred in 2000, when they became known as Club Sportivo Italiano. (more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportivo_Italiano)

Transfer Budget: 21,000

Wage Budget: £9.95k p/w

Current League Table | Current Average Points Table

Goals: In the short term I want to keep them up. Then I want to progress up the league and hopefully get to the top tier. I'll be here for a while, unless a club with a better badge comes calling :p

Possibly not the greatest career move but I've made one of the moves to struggling club just so I was back in management. Good Luck on trying to keep Sportivo up :thup:

Cheers:thup: I agree, possibly not the greatest career move but I wanted to be in South America so I'd take any job.

1smnth.jpg

Italiano November 2010 Update.

13th November - Italiano 1-2 Tiro Federal

We took the lead and it was looking as though we'd win the first game of the season for Italiano. Two scrappy goals cost us thought, but we've got to be proud of the performance.

21st November - Rafaela 1-3 Italiano

Well it wasn't convincing. We were dominated. But we got three points! Doubling more than our points for the season in only my second game in charge! Clinical.

27th November - Italiano 3-2 Aldosivi

This team can sure play the ball around nicely. We look lethal everytime we go forward. It's vital that we pick up these points when we're in form for the average points league table which would relegate us. Finishing bottom would get us a relegation playoff I believe.

My Player Of The Month.

League Player Of The Month Award.

Opening Stage Final League Table.

A great month first up at Italiano. Already got three times more points than we started with and we can only push on.

Great first month TaylorB. If you can carry that form on into the remaining 19 games of the season you should survive!

Cheers :thup: I think we might have to play a relegation playoff. It's only the two bottom teams in the average points league that go straight down.

Good career move TaylorB. Anywhere is better than the South Korean N-League!! :D

You got what it takes to keep Italiano up. :thup:

Yeah, the N-League wasn't exactly great :D, without trying to jinx it, we should stay up but the previous manager must have been terrible because we're a good side, to have so little points when I joined is remarkable.

Welcome to Argentina TaylorB. Didn't take you verylong to get here now, did it? :D

Good luck with keeping Italiano up. A decent clasura campaign should see to that.

When's your first match with Olimpo?

In 3 months time, don't worry it's being treated like a cup final. Risk relegation to win it :D

1smnth.jpg

Italiano December 2010 Update.

4th December - Unión 1-1 Italiano

We took the lead again but were pegged back with a glorious free kick from their striker, happy with the point, they finished a place above us in the Opening Stage of the league.

9th December - Italiano 0-0 Quilmes

A tight game, we were probably the better team but we couldn't take any of our chances. The 50% possession for each side probably shows just how tight this game was.

Transfer News.

Gustavo Toranzo joined us for £12k from Arsenal de Sarandí. He's performed well in this division on loan at other teams and will provide us with a stable base at the back which we need.

Marco Ruíz joins for £2k which I consider a bargain, will be excellent in the midfield I hope.

Rodrigo Gallardo joins on a free, he's nothing great but he's better than my current left-back and can only improve my side.

José Carlos Galliquio joins on another free, Peruvians coming in their abudance now. He again is better than my current midfielders.

Final Stage League Table

Overall League Table

Average Points Table

1smnth.jpg

Italiano January & February 2011 Update.

29th January - Talleres 2-1 Italiano

Pablo Vaccaría who I was told by the board the fans were pleased I got the best out of slices open the defence to gain an assist. Before I joined he had an av.r of under 6 with no goals. Now he's up near an av.r of 7 with 4 goals and 2 assists. We were down to nine men by the end after a foul in the box earned a straight red before Salvatierra was shown his second yellow for arguing and they clinched a 2-1 victory. As long as we stay above Merlo in the table, I'm happy

1st February - Italiano 1-1 San Martin de Tucumán

Britos scores from an attempted cross early on, looked stunning even if he didn't mean it. We missed some glorious chances throughout the game, our crossing was immaculate. We were made to pay when they converted a last minute penalty. Fuming!

5th February - Independiente Rivadavia 1-0 Italiano

Totally one sided affair. Not even one shot on target!

11th February - Italiano 0-2 Nueva Chicago

A calamatious own goal which was quite special tbf followed by a majestic move that ended with a tap in for their midfielder. Our form's starting to get a bit worrying especially as

Nueva Chicago are catching up with us in the average points table!

19th February - Instituto 2-1 Italiano

It was end to end untill our centre-half got sent off. Then it was a steady procession despite Moreno scoring on his debut and galliquio hitting the inside of the post from 20 yards.

My form, as stated after the last game is beginning to worry me. I'm contemplating playing for the draw every game in order to get my average points to stay respectable.

Fortunately Neuva Chicago also lost.

23rd February - Italiano 0-1 Ferro

We needed to get our form back, unfortuantely they're second in the table. Nueva Chicago drew and we conceded a last minute goal, this is starting to get nail-bitingly close.

26th February - Begrano 2- 0 Italiano

For the first time on FM, I've altered my tactics based on my assitants advice and players of the opposing team, it took about twenty minutes, so hopefully the reward will pay off. It

didn't. I'm panicking! In a boring match they scored two high quality goals to take the three points.

Average Points Table

Overall League Table

Closing Stage League Table

A poor, poor month with only one point from seven games! We've got some big games coming up in March and we need a couple of wins!

1smnth.jpg

Italiano March 2011 Update.

5th March - Def. y Justicia 2-0 Italiano

With Nueva Chicago losing I just wanted to hold on for a point away from home but unfortunately that didn't happen. Still, I don't mind losing points aslong as clubs around us in the average points table do too.

12th March - Italiano 2-1 Boca Unidos

A WIN! \o/. A joyous occasion. Hopefully we can build on this. We opened the scoring with Ruíz carving through the defence to slot home before they equalized. I thought they'd go on to win it but we won a penalty and Galliquio duly blasted into the roof of the net. \o/.

Oh and to make things better.. Click.:D

Salvatierra left for £60k to LDU de Quito after this game, he was good, but £60k is a lot of money for me atm, good bit of business for both parties I think.

17th March - Italiano 0-0 Chacarita

They're top overall and we're bottom overall. This wasn't a game for my supposed momentum to carry on..

We were destroyed nearly, we were on the back foot all game, but managed to sneak away with a scoreless draw. Momentum! \o/. Way to into this career now..

26th March - Athlético Tucumán 1-0 Italiano

From playing first overall to second overall.This time however, the better team actually won and we lost our 'momentum'. We need to bounce back from this. I've just realised how badly the points from this season will affect us in the average points league table in the next couple of years.

Overall League Table

Average Points League Table

A good month from my point of view, 4 points from 12 but other teams not doing any better than us near the bottom of the average points league table.

We have a massive game against Merlo first up in April.

1smnth.jpg

Italiano April and May 2011 Update.

April 4th - Italiano 1-0 Merlo

A game which I believe will make or break our season..

0 mins: Game kicks off.

2 mins: Moreno misses a sitter!

4 mins: Star defender Gallardo goes off injured..

49 mins: Half time, we're dominating

77 mins: GOAL! Ruíz with a thirty yard bullet into the top corner! 1-0 Italiano

88 mins: What a save! Our 'keeper Pablo Sanz dives to his right to keep out a header from 10 yards.

94 mins: Full time. It was a poor game but we deserve the win!

This should keep us up in the average league points table now stopping us from being automatically relegated! :D. Relegation playoff is looking likely.

April 9th - Olimpo 2-0 Italiano

DodgeeD 1-0 Me

They're high fliers but for obvious reasons this games important to me ;)

They took the lead from a defensive lapse at a corner and despite us pressing we couldn't find an equalizer and we were by far the better team until they got a dodgy penalty which was missed. They did however find a second with a well placed finish from the corner of the box.

April 16th Italiano 0-2 Platense

We were written of before the game started and I was hoping the media was as bad at predictions as they were in Korea. They weren't, we were embarassed tbh.

April 21st Tiro Federal 0-0 Italiano

With automatic relegation looking less and less likely every point is still crucial for the coming years as this season will cripple me in the average points league for the next few seasons. We put in a battling performance against a team we should have lost to and gained a valuable point from the game.

April 30th Italiano 1-2 Rafaela

Attempting to do the double over the team that provided with my first victory in charge of Italiano. Natalicchio opened the scoring with a tap in after some great interchange with 21 passes being completed before the goal was scored. They pulled a goal back within the first minute of a second half with a simple header from inside the six yard box, we must have been asleep. They then scored an exact replica of there equalizer to take the lead which they kept until the end of the game. Dissapointing.

May 7th - Aldovizi 2-0 Italiano

A bottom of the table clash to end the season.

The game epitimized are season. We played some glorious, one touch, pass and move football but came unstuck at the back and couldn't create enough chances and when we did, we didn't take advantage. Frustrating end to the season and I know we can do better with clinical finishing and a solid defence.

1smnth.jpg

Relegation Playoff.

We were drawn against Almagro who look to have some exceptional players. This could be a struggle! We're away from home in the first game and hopefully we can get the advantage before the home game.

14th May 2011: Almagro - Italiano

A defining moment in the history of Italiano and the career of Ben Taylor*

0 mins: Kick off

24 mins: Britos is put clean through but strikes it straight at the 'keeper.

34 mins: Vaccaría is put clean through this time but repeats Britos' action.

43 mins: GOAL! Vaccaría is put clean through and literally dribbles the ball into the net. His first goal in 20 hours.

46 mins: Half time.

50 mins: Great save by Sanz to keep the opposition at bay.

53 mins: Vaccaría misses from a yard.

84 mins: PENALTY! Fortunately, their best player, skies it miles over the bar! \o/.

92 mins: Full time, advantage us.

21st May 2011: Italiano - Almagro

Our season comes down to one game.

0 mins: Kick off.

7 mins: Outstanding save by Sanz from an Almagro corner.

18 mins: GOAL! Moreno is slid in from the edge of the box by Vaccaría and drills home to give us the lead.

24 mins: Excellent save again by Sanz from a corner.

47 mins: GOAL! Moreno with his second. After a bit of pinball in the box, Moreno takes one touch and drills it into the top corner of the net.

48 mins: Half time.

48 mins: GOAL! Moreno with his hat trick. The ball is parried to him in the box and he strikes it with fury into the roof of the net.

70 mins: Britos hits the bar from thirty yards.

93 mins: Full time! \o/

Well, it was comfortable in the end. However, I feel we'll be in this situation again next year and that's if we're lucky.

Moreno came second in the player of the month for his performances.

Manager of the Month - 2nd place.

:thup:

So you just scraped survival.

EDIT: and the great escape completed in the play-offs. Some wheeling and dealing in the summer and you'll be fine.

Knew you'd like that. In the career summary you'll see it's 1-0 to you :(.

Only just scraped it yeah. :D. I should be, but I'm going to need to finish mid table in order to meet the expectations and to get enough points for the average points table.. :(

*Credit for the design goes to DodgeeD*

1smnth.jpg

2010/2011 Season Review

When I took over the job I thought I had my work cut out trying to keep the club up. Fortunately, a spell as I took over where we looked like title challengers and previous seasons points helped us avoid automatic relegation instead going into a play off with Almagro. The two legged tie was comfortable in the end but wasn't comfortable viewing throughout. We performed well and looked a threat when attacking but defensive lapses cost us often in the second half of games where we lost numerous points. Still, I'm happy yet the board aren't? Unhappy at just fighting relegation? I couldn't really do much more at the club than I did tbh.

Key Players:

GK : Pablo Lanz - Bolivias current first choice. Kept us in games a lot of the time. Had two blinders in the relegation play-offs.

DR: Alejandro Peralta - A terrific season from the veteran. He's like the equilivalent of an aging striker who hasn't quite got the legs but does his job thanks to his experience and awareness.

DC: Gustavo Toranzo - My £12k signing performed well. In a team with defensive lapses seeming to be mandatory, he made very few and looked very, very solid. More of the same for next season would be brilliant.

MC: José Carlos Galliquio - Another one of my signings was fantastic in midfield. Stringing passes left right and centre. Great aquasition.

ST: Pablo Vaccaría & Leiden Yoao Moreno - Neither had brilliant seasons although Moreno came in towards the end of the season. However, they kept us up. Morenos hat trick was superb and Vaccarías displays over the two legs were sublime. Will need to improve however.

Next Season: Well, the expectations are high. I need to finish around mid-table to keep them happy and have enough points to survive the average points relegation. I also got given a new contract which bodes well.

Transfers.

My Prediction: 14th Overall.

Media Prediction: 15th Overall

1smnth.jpg

August 2011 Review

Considering first choice 'keeper Pablo Sanz is out for 2-3 months. This could be a struggle with a poor excuse for a 'keeper in goal..

6th August - Italiano 0-5 Boca Unidos.

We got a crucial win against them at the latter end of last season and I'm hoping for the same today.

Unfortunately, they were two-nil up at half time and never looked back. Possibly the worst start imaginable. This 'keeper issue will be bad. Can't sign another one..

13th August - Quilmes 1-0 Italiano

A cross went sailing into the net. Sums things up. Jump ship yet? Hmm..

17th August - Italiano 1-0 Unión.

The way I acted must have made it seem like there was a crisis, pfft. :cool: Gustavo Toranzo nodding in the orange ball at the back post to record our first points of the season.

21st August - San Martín 3-0 Italiano.

Crisis back on! We were hammered. We're bottom again :(.

27th August - Italiano 1-1 Platense

Much, much better! Played some attractive football and gained a point when Vaccarías volley cancelled out their opener.

31st August - Tallares 1-0 Italiano

Hammer blow. They were near us in the average points table last year and losing to them shows how far they've progressed and we've slid this season.

League Table | Average League Points Table

We're not exactly doing great but as long as we stay ahead in the average points league table I think we can win the play-off at the end of the season. Not very optimistic I know, but it's realistic.

Oh dear TaylorB things aren't looking great for you. Will you be looking to jump ship or stay Italiano for the remainder of the season to see if you can improve the squad and league position?

Well, I was tempted to jump ship but I will be staying and trying to improve all aspects of the club. The only reason I'd move is if it was a top division club somewhere.

My playing time has unfortunately been limited by exam preperating recently but here's the next update..

1smnth.jpg

September 2011 Review

10th September - Italiano 2-2 Olimpo

I've decided to use a new formation for each game, the one that's reccomended in the pre-match advice meeting. 3-2-2-2 for Olimpo.

The new tactic idea didn't excatly go well as we were one nil down in the first two minutes. This was followed by going two down midway through the first half.

Whether it was getting used to the tactics or the half-time team talk we came out a much better team. We created far more openings, our shooting did let us down however. I'd say

this was a fair result despite the stats not really backing my view up. It genuienly was a game of two halves.

17th September - Idependiente Rivadavia 1-1 Italiano

After a game against bottom place the week before we played third bottom this week. Yet again, I adjusted the tactic and yet again we got off to a sluggish start. However, we got

used to the tactic and were the better team for long periods of the game despite the stats telling otherwise.

21st September - Italiano 2-1 All Boys

We were outstanding! Our performances in the last few games arguably meant we deserved all three points from them but in this game everything clicked. They're title challengers

and despite going a goal down we fought well and got a crucial three points.

25th September - Italiano 2-2 Rafaela

Just like the last game, we had next to no shots and ended up loking like we should have won the game. Another game of two halves. We were dominated in the first half yet were wiping the floor with them in all aspects in the second half, I'm positive I counted more shots than that! Anyway, the fighting being showed is nothing but positive and can only bode well for the future.

Transfer News: Paraguyan 'keeper Henry Lapczyk joined to provide competition for Pablo Sanz who is just returning from injury.

League Table | Average Points League Table

A great month, my first unbeaten month at Italiano and it came at a crucial time. We've got a game away at Aldovisi first up in October and it's a must win. A real 6-pointer.

A much better month TaylorB. Unbeaten and another win or two next month will help no end in the Average Points Table.

That's what I'm aiming for. We've improved and our position in the overall league table shows that. I'd be gutted if we were relegated because of average points.

October 2011 Review

1st October - Aldovisi 3-1 Italiano

Crucial. Absolutely crucial and we play like that. Shocking performance and tbh, that could see us being relegated.

OlimpoFootballBadge.png

Olimpo is an Argentine sports club located in the city of Bahía Blanca, Buenos Aires province, founded in 1910. Their main sporting activities are basketball and football (soccer).

Being from Bahía Blanca, Argentina's basketball capital, most of Olimpo's associates and energies were orientated to that sport. However, by the late 1990s, the football team had become increasingly important as they were promoted several divisions, finally reaching first division in the 2000s. Their nickname is Aurinegros (Gold and blacks), after their shirt colours.

After capturing both the Apertura and Clausura tournaments during the 2006-07 season, Olimpo returned to Argentina's top division in 2007-08, but were relegated to Primera B Nacional again at the end of the season.

Quits Post | Approach

Although, I probably jumped ship too early, I couldn't resist moving to a club who were safe in the average points table for this season. Hopefully I can push on and be at the club for a while.

A good read so far.

I hope you find some stability with your new club. Italiano was always going to be very difficult with the situation you found them in.

Best of luck :thup:

Yeah, Italiano was hard but it's proved it's purpose, it was a chance to get recognised in South America after starting in South Korea.

OlimpoFootballBadge.png

October 2011 Review

16th October 2011 - Olimpo 0-1 Def y Justicia.

Not excatly the start I wanted. We were the second best team and they throughougly deserved their late goal looking back at the game. It certaintly didn't feel like that at the time.

24th October 2011 - Chacarita 4-2 Olimpo

Much like my time at Italiano, I let a comfortable lead go. Not once, but twice. We need to improve our defensive lapses if we're going to improve.

29th October 2011 - Olimpo 1-0 Almagro

Again, a good performance and in a very even game Marcos Litre scored the winner with a drive from the edge of the box.

Coaching Changes:

Obviously joining a new club, I wanted the club to be run my own way, all staff apart from the assistant manager left and in came;

Scout 13 16

Scout 12 15

Martín Ramos

Marío Ramirez

Matías Ponce

Jorge Núñez

Javier Swiatlo

League Table | Average Points League Table

Pleased with my first month in charge. We didn't always get the results our performances deserved IMO. However, we showed we were a good team and can only get better.

Monthly Stat Attack

Month           Games    W   D    L      GF     GA      GD      League Pos.
October '11       3      1   0    2      3      5       -2         18th

OlimpoFootballBadge.png

November 2011 Review

2nd November - Boca Unidos 0-1 Olimpo.

I entered the game looking to continue our impressive performances and we did just that. We bossed the game and the winner was special. Martinez smashing a drive in to the

top corner from 35 yards. Cracking.

5th November - Olimpo 1-0 Quilmes

Star striker Delorte gives us the win with only a few minutes left. With a month against teams around us we can push up to the top half of the table and hopefully push on from there.

19th November - Platense 3-1 Olimpo

Pretty gutted about the result. They probably deserved to win, but we had a great chance to gain ground on the teams above us after taking the lead.

23rd November - Unión 1-3 Olimpo

A fantastic start as after 5 and a bit minutes a break led to Rolle slotting in the corner. A carbon copy of the goal led to our second in first-half injury time led to a comfortable win.

Well, that's what I originally typed. Immediately after they got a goal back and I'll never be stupid enough to type the report as the game goes on :o Happily though, a third goal was

scored by that man Rolle again and like the other two it came from a break and came from 25 yards+.

26th November - Olimpo 1-1 San Martín (SJ)

Considering they're fighting at the bottom of the table we ought to have won this. However, a draw will have to do after Delorte's late goal. it's a shame he's going in the next window to Sochaux, he'll be hard to replace. Taken the gloss of a very, very good month.

Final Opening Stage League Table | Average Points Table

I think we've improved dramatically since I've arrived and a top 8 finish isn't too unrealistic in the next stage if we can find a replacement for Delorte.

Monthly Stat Attack:

November '11      5      3   1    1      7      5       -2         13th

OlimpoFootballBadge.png

December 2011 & January 2012 Review

3rd December 2011 - Olimpo 3-1 Independiente Rivadavia

After a hectic first ten minutes the game calmed down and we took control. It was a comfortable win before they were reduced to ten men for Sosa diving. More performances of this standard and we should stay near the top of the table.

8th December 2011 - Talleres 2-0 Olimpo

I think that's called being outplayed? Dissappointed in our performance but they were outstanding. Back to Earth with a bump after the last performance.

Transfer News:

Carlos Olascuaga joins for £75k from Alianza Lima. I need a replacement for Delorte and I think Olascuaga can improve our team dramatically.

Losing Delorte | Views? (I didn't sell him..)

28th January 2012 - Olimpo 5-1 San Martín (T)

Wow. San Martín finished top of the Opening Stage and they were thoroughly dismantled here. No doubt we'll get hammered in the next game but the team shall revel in this performance. We were clinical and the loss of Delorte didn't seem to affect us.

League Table | Average Points

Monthly Stat Attack:

December '11      2      1   0    1      3      3        0          6th
January '11       1      1   0    0      5      1        4          3rd

OlimpoFootballBadge.png

February 2012 Review

1st February - Rafaela 2-1 Olimpo

I said we'd lose this game and we did. Despite probably being the better team for much of it we couldn't take our chances. Still, one positive was the exceptional debut from Omar Rodriguez, who capped the performance with a goal. It'll be interesting to see how we bounce back from a defeat in this manner though.

4th February - Olimpo 0-1 Aldosivi

Terrible start to this month after the thrashing of San Martín. They were top at the start of the game but we should have won at home in my opinion.

11th February - All Boys 0-0 Olimpo.

Cracking result. A point against a team from the top of the division in a game where we were going into it with no form. Hopefully we can kick on in to a run of victories now. We're never going to be the most consistent of teams it seems.

19th February - Olimpo 0-2 Italiano

If I ever needed convincing about making the right decision regarding moving clubs, this has made it worse. Unfortunately, the players I signed for them have made them into a much, much stronger team. They're gradually climbing up the table and well tbh, we're sinking without trace. Something's got to change.

22nd February - Ferro 0-0 Olimpo

We seem to continously have a better share of possession ing ames but don't create the chances we should do. Whether this is because of a poor link between strikers and midfielders or just not being good enough is something I'll need to work out. Still, a credible draw against a superior team.

25th February - Olimpo 1-1 Tiro Federal

On the contrary to our latest performances we dominated shots and lacked in posession. We still need to be more clinical. Another respectable point when we're in possibly the worst form possible.

League Table | Average Points

We dropped 12 places in the course of the month. We need at least 2 wins in the next month.

Monthly Stat Attack:

December '11      2      1   0    1      3      3        0          6th
January '11       1      1   0    0      5      1        4          3rd
February '11      6      0   3    3      2      6       -4         15th

Archived