[FM10] "Never felt more like singing the blues..."

Raware

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another season, another promotion. Now, for a real test in the Blue Square leagues Raware!

At least you will get more money in Level 6. Best of luck in the new season.

Cheers rancer. My thoughts exactly! You only need a few half decent players in levels 10, 9, 8 and 7 it seems to make an impact within those leagues and with such a lack of restrictions on loans, it's quite easy to get that quality in on loan. Hence I took full advantage of that :D to get 3 straight promotions. I've achieved nothing yet, as you say, the real test will start now!

I need that extra money in level 6!

Another great season with Long Eaton there Raware, although the finances don't look in a good state

I presume you'll be just wanting to stay up next year after 3 straight promotions? Or will you be going for a 4th league title in a row?

Thanks hamilton. Another promotion isn't something i'm even thinking about for next season. The real test starts now and i'll just be happy with staying up next season. I can see ourselves being in the BSN for the next couple of years at least as with our dire finances stading as they are, we can't get the players in needed to get us out of the BSN yet...and I can't rely on loans anymore :(;). We definitley need to sort our finances out!

@ Long Eaton Celtic

Add me on MSN fella an i'll talk you through it. Im a mate of the 'great' Raware IRL and would be happy to help. We often discuss our save as im playing as Borrowash Vics :D

Anyway, add me and we will get you up and running.

Skinty

superstokes85@hotmail.co.uk

@ Raware - SLOW DOWN!! :)

Great progress Raware. 3 leagues on the bounce is a fantastic achievement.

I hope you find a way around those financial issues. The last thing you want is points deductions later in the season if things get worse.

Also I see you managed to Bring Kinsella in :thup: he has been (and still is) a fine player for my Bulldogs team.

Oh and I forget to ask whether you have a parent club yet?

With a little with a parent club and a nice cup run, including (hopefully) a clash with a Premier League powerhouse away, with sort out all those money worries.

Nope, still no joy in getting a parent club :(.

I'm still waiting to get a 'big' club in the cup draws to get some much needed gate receipts. Played Huddersfield a few seasons ago and raked in £100k but nothing like that since. We've been getting draws against League 2 sides which doesn't really bring in a lot of money.

as a season ticket holder at long eaton i would like to say thanks for this thread m8 , it's a pleasure to read. just a shame i am having problems installing the update, i have sent you a pm about this , any help at all would be most welcome.

Cheers Long Eaton Celtic. You're a rarity...a Long Eaton season ticket holder! ;) I live in Hong Kong at the minute but still have a house in the town (Albert Road) which i'll be moving back to soon so i'll be back down Grange Park. I've sent you a PM about installing Super Bladesman's update so you'll soon be on your way to takng Long Eaton up the leagues!

@ Long Eaton Celtic

Add me on MSN fella an i'll talk you through it. Im a mate of the 'great' Raware IRL and would be happy to help. We often discuss our save as im playing as Borrowash Vics

Anyway, add me and we will get you up and running.

Skinty

superstokes85@hotmail.co.uk

@ Raware - SLOW DOWN!! :)

Get your finger out skinty! ;) I logged on last night but didn't see you. Was gonna tell you about reaching the BSN. How's your Vics save going after promotion?

Great progress Raware. 3 leagues on the bounce is a fantastic achievement.

I hope you find a way around those financial issues. The last thing you want is points deductions later in the season if things get worse.

Also I see you managed to Bring Kinsella in he has been (and still is) a fine player for my Bulldogs team.

Cheers WH. I know, the finances are dire and were not even overspending on the wage budget. We're even getting players in on free's and loans and still losing about £15k-£20k a week! Next season is going to be a struggle so for us to be docked points would be a nightmare.

Kinsella has been doing well for us since arriving on loan last season, so well that I got him in for a 2nd season. He didn't play as many games as I would've thought though as mainly because Carsley and Sissoko have been keeping him out of the team.

Raware - im stop of the league but have had a nightmare in the cup. Im out of all competitions and its mid-october!

Need a striker (same old story).

Mischa (sp?) Diagne and Darnet all remain clubless but i cant tempt them. Ive considered offering like a 5K signing on fee but in the end i wasnt prepared to put myself further in debt (18K atm).

Ben Pringle is all most at full fitness following a 8 week lay off - he should do wonders for me.

I should be around all day, MSN me if pos.

TAke it EZ for now :D

Raware - im stop of the league but have had a nightmare in the cup. Im out of all competitions and its mid-october!

Need a striker (same old story).

Mischa (sp?) Diagne and Darnet all remain clubless but i cant tempt them. Ive considered offering like a 5K signing on fee but in the end i wasnt prepared to put myself further in debt (18K atm).

Ben Pringle is all most at full fitness following a 8 week lay off - he should do wonders for me.

I should be around all day, MSN me if pos.

TAke it EZ for now :D

"Stop" of the league...good going! ;) Out of the cups though is bad news, no money coming in.

I had the same with Mishra, Diagne and Darnet. Noe of them wanted to come to me despite having Long Eaton on their favoured clubs after spending a year with us. Darnet retired instead of joining us!

Once you get Pringle back he should start firing the goals in.

I'm on MSN so will look out for you, don't forget the 8 hour time difference.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2012/13 : Preview

League expectation

---------------------

Blue Square North (Level 6) : Respectable league position (Board expectation) 10th (Media prediction)

Cup expectations

-------------------

FA Cup : 3rd round

FA Trophy : 2nd round

Derbyshire Senior Cup : Not important

Transfer budget : £3.18k

Wage budget : £5k p/w

Current wage bill : £5k p/w

After a whirlwind 3 years in which we’ve claimed 3 titles and 3 promotions, this year sees us competing in the Blue Square North. The board aren’t even considering a fight against relegation and have set the objective of a respectable league position by the end of the season, as have the media who are predicting us to finish 10th. While I know we beat a few BSN/BSS teams in the FA Trophy last year, I still think it’s asking a bit too much of us. With restrictions on loans now (a maximum of 5 loan players are allowed in the match day squad with only 2 long term loans allowed all season) this is going to massively hinder us as previously we’ve got by on the quality being from players on loan. Now, we’ve got to find our own quality and honestly, there’s not much out there. Well, not much out there who’s willing to join us! Our wage budget has increased once again which has helped us out in bringing a few more players in, most notably; Davide Grassi who joined on a free after his contract expired at Dunfermline, Mark Magennis who joined from Northern Irish outfit Bangor on a free, Richard Walker who joined for a club record £3k from Nep’s Knockbreda and Kevin Wilson who joined on a free after being released by Forest, who I’m told has the ability to play at League 2 level. Probably my most pleasing signing so far though has been Nathan Adams who’s joined us on a free after being released from Lincoln City. I’ve had him at the club for the past 2 seasons on loan and in that time he’s scored 33 goals in 72 games. Hopefully, he can continue his goal scoring form now he’s joined us on a permanent basis!

Pre-season transfers

Pre-season squad : There’s no doubt we should have enough depth and cover throughout the season but I’m not sure we’ve got the quality amongst the squad. Still, I’m pleased with the players we managed to keep, namely Lee Carsley, Charlie Sheringham and Ibrahim Sissoko and I’m pleased with Nathan Adams who we managed to bring in permanently. One other player I’m pleased to have got is Chris Dagnell who we signed on a free at the end of last season who should be capable of putting away a few goals at this level.

Quick update

Finally, after 3 years of constantly asking the board for a parent club, they've come back to me with this :D. Unfortunately though, no one is willing to come to us at the minute but hopefully someone will have a change of heart! We could do with that extra bit of quality.

Three straight championships and FA Cup Fourth Round from the Northern Premier League. Hmmm...

Do you actually go through this forum trolling on purpose Nobby? Because it seems to me that you do! Someone has a slight bit of success and you automatically hint at cheating. This isn't LLM which you are so used to. If it's that what you want, go back there. I would prefer it if you kept your opinions to yourself if they're of the nature of which you post.

Why on earth would I post a career in which I 'cheat'? If you'd have taken the time to read my thread you would've seen the reasons for my success via loans, etc. Did you actually see my route to the FA Cup 4th round? I didn't exactly beat world beaters to get there.

I've learned the hard way that it is indeed possible to fly up the leagues without cheating. It's incredibly disappointing, but due to a range of issues with the AI, it is sadly still possible to get back-to-back promotions. I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself though, so I can understand others' skepticism. When I read threads about teams flying up the leagues I tend to automatically roll my inner eye and think "cheater". But now I have my own career as proof it's possible while still keeping to the core guidelines of the LLM forum (with the difference that my save used a file that enabled leagues down to level 8).

Good luck. Hopefully your conscience is as clean as mine :)

I've learned the hard way that it is indeed possible to fly up the leagues without cheating. It's incredibly disappointing, but due to a range of issues with the AI, it is sadly still possible to get back-to-back promotions. I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself though, so I can understand others' skepticism. When I read threads about teams flying up the leagues I tend to automatically roll my inner eye and think "cheater". But now I have my own career as proof it's possible while still keeping to the core guidelines of the LLM forum (with the difference that my save used a file that enabled leagues down to level 8).

Good luck. Hopefully your conscience is as clean as mine :)

Your thread is an example of what can be achieved on FM10 and also an example of where people have expressed an under lying skepticism/sarcasm with out really putting it into words, which in my opinion is worse than coming and out and saying it. If people find it hard to believe, and in some instances I was like you too in that sometimes I read threads and rolled my inner eye but refrained from posting snide comments, then I suggest to them to try it out for themselves. With no restrictions on loans in levels 10, 9, 8 and 7 and players from local clubs in levels 2, 3 and 4 willing to join on loan it makes it a lot easier to climb the lower leagues.

It bemuses me as to why I would dream of posting a career in which I had 'cheated' and given my track record within this forum, I thought that would of been suffice to uphold my reputation...apparently not :(.

I have no qualms regarding my conscience and i'm glad to see neither do you. It's a shame others tend to disagree but that's their problem.

It'd be interesting to read in what areas Nobby thinks you have cheated? Financially? No. Rep boost? No. Tweaking your players attributes? No. Mmmmm - im stuck now?

Why not enlighten us Nobby??

Im sure, if it came to it, Raware could upload his save and then you can, at will, sift through it looking for any potential flaws that would give you a case.

I guarantee, it will be a total waste of time. Now, quit the hating and leave this thread for the purpose of which its meant.

any tips on who might join me on loan at long seaton raware ? :) just got ben fairclough in from notts county but he got injured after 3 mins of his debut and is now out for 8 weeks :( ,

SKINTY - i got the game up and running in the end m8 with advice from raware and yourself :) thanks to both of you for the help with installation problems guys , it's much appreciated :)

It'd be interesting to read in what areas Nobby thinks you have cheated? Financially? No. Rep boost? No. Tweaking your players attributes? No. Mmmmm - im stuck now?

Why not enlighten us Nobby??

Im sure, if it came to it, Raware could upload his save and then you can, at will, sift through it looking for any potential flaws that would give you a case.

I guarantee, it will be a total waste of time. Now, quit the hating and leave this thread for the purpose of which its meant.

I'd have no problem with that if people requested it.

any tips on who might join me on loan at long seaton raware ? just got ben fairclough in from notts county but he got injured after 3 mins of his debut and is now out for 8 weeks

SKINTY - i got the game up and running in the end m8 with advice from raware and yourself :) thanks to both of you for the help with installation problems guys , it's much appreciated

Have a look at my transfers 1st season. They were willing to come to me so will be willing to come to you. Just persist in making loan offers. It also seems players from local clubs within a 30-40 mile radius (Forest, Leicester, D***y (skinty ;)) Notts) are more willing to come than players from farther a field. Fairclough was a beast for me 1st season, bagging 37 goals! :eek:

Glad you finally got it working. Enjoy playing with the blues :thup:

SKINTY the only thing i did different was save the 10.2 patch to my desktop instead of in the fm 2010 folder , raware suggested i try this and it worked :)

RAWARE fairclough is rubbish so far for me with only no goals from 6 games :( , the main problem i am having is the stupid amount of injuries i am getting , have just employed a fitness coach though so hope that might help .

RAWARE fairclough is rubbish so far for me with only no goals from 6 games , the main problem i am having is the stupid amount of injuries i am getting , have just employed a fitness coach though so hope that might help .

You have to have your tactics sorted and know how to play him (ask skinty about Darnet ;)). Darnet couldn't score for toffee in his Borrowash Vics save so I suggested he played him as a support man instead of attacking and he soon started knocking the goals in :D.

As you probably know llamas have a slightly different appreciation of what is realistic and not, so loaning players from far up the pyramid is something we don't do. But then this isn't the LLM forum ;)

True and I appreciate the rules llamas adhere to but as you say, this isn't LLM and at no point did I say I was playing strict LLM ;). I made offers for certain youth players at bigger clubs and if they're prepared to come to me within the boundaries of the game that SI coded then i'm going to take them; hence my rapid ascent up the leagues. I've not bragged about this and have even said i've achieved nothing yet. Now i've reached the BSN and with the restrictions on loans that they have in this division, it should be more difficult now.

how did u know i had darnet ? i have darnet and fairclough up front . by the way m8 the blues won 3-2 irl on sat :) i am off up to yourshire tomorrow night to watch us play nostell .

I didn't know! :D I had him and skinty had him. I was giving an example of playing a player (Darnet in skinty's case, Fairclough in yours) in the right position with the right instructions. Just coincidence that you have him! I'm not really a mind reader! :D.

A good win for us IRL :thup:. Hope it's not raining in Yorkshire on Tuesday night!

Sorry Raware, I did not mean to imply that you have cheated, and can see how my post implies that. There is nothing in your update to suggest you have. Besides, it's your save, your game so it's your right to play it how you see fit, cheating or not.

My apologies. Good luck in Conference North.

Sorry Raware, I did not mean to imply that you have cheated, and can see how my post implies that. There is nothing in your update to suggest you have. Besides, it's your save, your game so it's your right to play it how you see fit, cheating or not.

My apologies. Good luck in Conference North.

Apology accepted Nobby and my apologies for maybe being too much on the defensive but as you said, it's clear to see how your post implied that, whether it was intentional or not. I'm of the firm belief of playing the game how it should be played and see no point in people using third party tools during their save (it's their save and they have the right to play it how they see fit though as you say) hence my irritation with such suggestions.

I'm glad we sorted that out :thup:.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2012/13 : Mid season update

League table/League progress/League fixtures : With the boards pre season expectation of a respectable league position by the end of the season and my own expectation of a similar finish, I’m more than happy with our position as we reach the halfway mark :D. We made a good start as we went on a run of 9 unbeaten and since then we’ve only lost 2 more games. I don’t know what it is though (and I’ve had a brief discussion with Pangaea about this) but it’s seems quite easy to over achieve on this years release of FM. Obviously I’m really happy with our performances so far but it does seem a bit unrealistic to be able to make such an impact being the new boys in the league. Nevertheless, we’ll try to make the most of this and hopefully we can maintain our form throughout the rest of the season to go on and make the play offs at least. After such a good first half of the season, it would be disappointing not to now! Again, and it seems like I say this every year, our main performer so far has been Charlie Sheringham who’s hit 11 goals in 17 league games, 20 in 30 in all competitions and that’s after my assistant manager recommended me to think about letting him go as he’s considered the weakest striker in the squad :eek:!

FA Cup : For the second season running we made the 4th round only to be knocked out by League 2 opposition again, this time it was Darlington who sent us packing in the replay. 4 of the 5 games we played went to replays which helped us out financially but didn’t help the players as they’ve been really tired after so many games. I should mention that Super Bladesman’s file which I’ve used in this save has a slight alteration to the way the FA Cup is set up. Due to a limitation of the game itself, he could only specify 4 qualifying rounds, when the FA Cup has 6. This means that there are 2 extra rounds. The competition is correct in every other aspect though; it just means that Premiership clubs join in Round 5 instead of Round 3 - however, Round 5 is Round 3 in terms of number of teams, prize money etc, so infact it's the 2nd round we reached.

FA Trophy : A pretty straight forward route so far which has already seen us reach the board’s expectation of the 2nd round. We should beat BSS side Hayes & Yeading where hopefully we can go onto to at least achieve last years performances by reaching the Quarters.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : The board don’t see this cup as important and to be honest neither do I now, hence the weakened side I’ve been fielding. Still, we’ve done well to dispose of the teams we have including Belper who knocked us out last year and with the main challengers for the cup, Alfreton, out already, we’re clear favourites to win the cup for the 3rd time.

Cheers hamilton, good to have you following. Yeah, an unbelievable start to life in the BSN for us which has really surprised me. I haven't really strengthened the squad that much since last season so the only conclusion I can come to for us doing so well is either a) there's not much difference between the Unibond Premier and the BSN or b) our confidence is so high that we're just on a real roll which is enough to get us the results so far :confused:.

I have no idea why my Ass Man suggested to me to let Sheringham leave :confused:, as you say, he's scoring goals for fun! He now holds the record number of appearances and goals for the club with his record standing at 87 goals in 137 appearances in all competitions. He's still not on the favoured personel list though...only I am :cool:;)

Don't Conference North & South teams enter at the Second Qualifying Round?

Yeah, they do but due to the slight alteration Super Bladesman had to make to his database to fit all teams into the draw (mentioned above in bold) it means that there are two extra rounds in the competition, so infact, although it says that I entered at the Fourth Qualifying Round stage this really is the Second Qualifying Round (as when I reached the Fourth round, this really was the Second round). For example, Premiership teams enter at the Third round stage just after January IRL yet on Super Bladesman's database they enter at the Fifth round stage just after January. The prize money, number of teams, etc is still the same, it just has a different round name. To combat this he's added a Sixth and Seventh round (as I say, the two extra rounds) before the Quarter final.

Hope that makes sense. If not, I can direct you to his thread which explains, probably better than I can :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159082

Ah, that explains things. Here was me thinking you'd reached the Fourth Round of the Cup from the nether regions of non league. :D

I can only wish! :D I can't get by League Two teams :(. There is a definite gulf between League teams and conference teams.

Good to see you up the business end of the table.

Keep Sheringham, get rid of Assistant lol.

Ha, I am actually considering getting shot of him after his 'advice'! :D

wish my career at long eaton had the same start as yours raware :( played 14 and down in 15th place :( , i'll keep tyring , BLUE ARMY !!! :)

It's all about the players you sign rather than the system you use in the level you're in. Obviously a sound, simple tactic and formation will help but try to get 3 or 4 key players on loan from some local clubs and that should make the difference that you need. Get the 'spine' right and you'll be sorted. That's what I did anyway and it seemed to work.

seems like good advice m8 , the problem though is that nobody wants to come and play for me :( not even on loan . tried to figure out how to steal your long eaton kits on here ( sorry , hope u dont mind m8 ) but i cant even do that right :(

Ha, I am actually considering getting shot of him after his 'advice'! :D

It's all about the players you sign rather than the system you use in the level you're in. Obviously a sound, simple tactic and formation will help but try to get 3 or 4 key players on loan from some local clubs and that should make the difference that you need. Get the 'spine' right and you'll be sorted. That's what I did anyway and it seemed to work.

seems like good advice m8 , the problem though is that nobody wants to come and play for me :( not even on loan . tried to figure out how to steal your long eaton kits on here ( sorry , hope u dont mind m8 ) but i cant even do that right :(

No, of course I don't mind. I made them myself, if you want them i'll send them to you. You then need to put them in the correct folder for them to show up which I can help you with.

As for getting players in on loan, keep persisting. It took at least 3 or 4 offers to get some players in like Mishra and Fairclough but eventually they agreed to join. It's time consuming and at times frustrating but keep at it.

i have nowmanaged to get barry hales and geof horsfield , ok i know they are in their late 30's but it all helps :) , yes , please can u send me the kits m8 , thanks very much :)

No, of course I don't mind. I made them myself, if you want them i'll send them to you. You then need to put them in the correct folder for them to show up which I can help you with.

As for getting players in on loan, keep persisting. It took at least 3 or 4 offers to get some players in like Mishra and Fairclough but eventually they agreed to join. It's time consuming and at times frustrating but keep at it.

Despite their age, they're the kind of players you need! I've got Carsley and although he's 37-38 he's still got more than enough quality :D.

Send me your email address (via PM, don't post it here) and i'll send you the kits :thup:.

• 2 weeks later...

After thinking this save was finished due to a crash dump which I couldn't get past :(, now i've installed 10.3, the game has progressed past the date which it previously couldn't so hopefully i'll be able to get this save underway again and carry on with my updates :D.

Glad to hear it. It would be a shame for a crash to end your progress up the leagues.

Definitely! Think I may have even cried! ;) Glad to hear that you're still following WH :thup::) Should have an end of season update soon.

LEUFC-1.jpg

Long Eaton United F.C.

Season 2012/13 : Review

League table/League progress/League fixtures : With another excellent first half of the season under our belts, this once again gave us a great stepping stone for the second half of it. We used that stepping stone to full effect and put in some great performances which saw us lose only three more leagues games after Christmas (six all season) to see us go on and surprisingly claim another league title…a fourth in four years!!! :eek:. No prizes for guessing who was the star of the show this season…yep, that man Charlie Sheringham again, as he bagged 35 goals in 56 appearances; not bad considering my assistant recommended me to let him go! Credit must also go to Chris Dagnell who in his first season with us after joining at the end of last season, managed to bag 27 goals in 47 appearances.

I was expecting this season to provide a sterner test for us after our surprisingly rapid ascent up the leagues in the past few years but that test once again just didn’t come. There’s no doubt I’m delighted to be in the Blue Square Premier next season but hopefully there will be a few more tests for us there.

FA Cup : Our journey in this cup was over before Christmas and as I said in the mid season update, it was league two opposition Darlington who sent us packing in the Fourth round (remember, because of the way super bladesman edited his database, this really is the second round…in case anybody gets confused as to why a BSN team made it to the fourth round before xmas ;)).

FA Trophy : I had a sneaky feeling that we could’ve gone all the way in this cup this year but those hopes were dashed when Spennymoor Town, a team on a mission who’ve had three promotions in the past four years, knocked us out on penalties.

Derbyshire Senior Cup : We were always favourites for this cup and we didn’t fail to meet that expectation as we went all the way to defeat minnows Glossop in the final to claim our third Derbyshire Senior Cup trophy.

Transfers : We brought in a few more faces this year (as stated in the season preview) which definitely brought the quality which helped us to our fourth successive title. Only one more face came in since pre season and that was ex-Celtic youngster Charlie Grant. He looks like he’s going to be a great player for us and I bought him specifically to replace the ever ageing Lee Carsley who looks like he’ll be retiring soon.

Squad : I’m pleased with how the players adapted to the step up this season and they showed that they were more than capable of playing at this level…maybe higher. While I’d like to add to the squad for next year in the BSP, I don’t think that will be a possibility as we’re already at our wage budget and our finances aren’t looking too healthy. Which leads me on to…

Finances : Getting worse by the day! At one point we were £350k in the red which left me fearing about possible point deductions, but after several cash injections from the board, we’re now at £-250k. Still awful but I’m hoping we can get some revenue in next season through higher gate receipts to at least allow us to break even every month. Currently we’re losing on average around £30k a month. We just can’t generate enough cash. I may even have to look at selling some players if it doesn’t improve :(.

Career Summary

Season   League          		 Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Long Eaton United[/b]

2009/10  Northern Counties East Premier    1st      League Champions, FA Vase winners, Derbys. Snr Cup winners
2010/11	 Northern Premier 1st Div South	   1st	    League Champions, Derbys. Snr Cup winners
2011/12  Northern Premier Premier	   1st	    League Champions
2012/13  Blue Square North		   1st      League Champions, Derbys. Snr Cup Winners

I don't know what I want now...I thought this year was going to be a year of consolidation and look how that turned out! Although i'm obviously buzzing about 4 straight promotions (a record for me!), I can't help but feel a little disappointed at how easy it's been. I know the first couple of seasons were going to be easy but I thought the BSN was going to be a little tougher. I reckon the squad is good enough for the BSP and could make a push for the play offs next season as we beat a few BSP teams with no problems this year but I think that's where I may hit the proverbial ceiling. There's a definite gulf between the conference and the football league and that's showed when ever i've played league teams.

The Football League is my main aim for Long Eaton and then after that, i'll see what happens!

Archived