Start my own club?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vic:

Sorry - thought I replied. I live between Dallas and Fort Worth in Texas. My wife is from Manchester and I lved there also for several years before moving to the USA.

My style of play is attacking 3-4-3, I have attached the tactic in case you want to try it. I just finished an unbeaten season with Celtic using this and won both cups and the league. I have a threas of my season in the tactics section.

http://www.filefront.com/15416853/Alba_3-4-3.tac

My secondary tactical formation for the editor would be 4-3-3

Vic:

Sorry - thought I replied. I live between Dallas and Fort Worth in Texas. My wife is from Manchester and I lved there also for several years before moving to the USA.

Manchester! Up the Reds! :D Who do you support?

My style of play is attacking 3-4-3' date=' I have attached the tactic in case you want to try it. I just finished an unbeaten season with Celtic using this and won both cups and the league. I have a threas of my season in the tactics section.

[url']http://www.filefront.com/15416853/Alba_3-4-3.tac[/url]

My secondary tactical formation for the editor would be 4-3-3

I can't try the tactic right now, as I'm on my laptop and FM is on my computer. All my memory sticks are currently else where. :p

Vic:

Will I be able to save my cuurent Celtic game and start a new game with the new club we will be making?

Yeah' date=' you will. Why wouldn't you be able to?

[u']Tactical Attributes[/u]

Attacking = 14-17

Depth = 7-10

Directness = 12-15

Flamboyancy = 7-9

Flexibility = How many changes do you plan to make in future?

Free Roles = 12-15

Marking = 8-12

Offside = 14-16

Pressing = 16-18

Sitting Back = 2-4

Tempo = Do you want to play a slow or fast game of football?

Use of Playmaker = Do your team use a central midfielder to hold up play and bring others into the game?

Width - Do you want to play wide or through the middle?

Preferred Formation = 3-4-3

Second Preferred Formation = 4-3-3 (I've had great success with this one :))

Defensive Formation = 5-3-2 Sweeper

Kits and Colours

For each of the 6 sub-tabs, you merely have to click on each row to bring up the sub menu which will, in turn, give you access to the colours you want to put into your kit.

Both the 'Year' and 'Alternative Kit Number' columns can be kept clear.

If you have any problems, ask away, and post again once you're done. :)

Vic:

I have been a Celtic and Utd support all my life. My father in law was a season ticket holder at utd for oover 40 years. When he passed away he had his ashes spread at Old Trafford.

I have a couple of questions on the tactical attributes:

Depth: Is this the Dline? Id so I usualy play with a high dline. Directness - is this related to passing? I usually play short passing unless its a downpour. Free Roles_ what exactly is the 12 -15 referring to as I usually dont play with any. Also, not sure what sitting back referes to 2-4? For width I have it checked at 20 as the 3-4-3 is really a narrow formation. I usually play mixed and usually only play through the middle of I am defending or on counter.

You are up pretty late??? It 10:30pm here so 4:30am there?

YEAH! United! Respect, mate. :D I've been a Man Utd supporter all my life. :)

Depth - Yes, it's the defensive line. I would think though, that as you're playing an attacking formation, you would want your defenders staying back, or you might get caught on the break.

Directness - It's related to how you attack. Whether you go straight up the pitch (direct) or slowly build play (not direct).

Free Roles - You're playing with a diamond formation. The players are going to be moving a lot, switching positions. This is what the stat refers to.

You want to play an attacking game, with a high 'Pushing Up' stat? The 'Sitting Back' stat is the opposite from 'Pushing Up' and, as it's all out of 20, they should be reletive.

You are up pretty late??? It 10:30pm here so 4:30am there?

Yeah, it's almost 5am here. Been up all night. Maybe not the brightest move as I'm going to a match today. :o

That's fine. I'm on till about midday, which is when I go out to the football match. Mind you, I'll probably be mega grouchy by then, seeing as I'll be dead on my feet. :o

So we're going with:

1st Team

GK - 2

RB - 2

CB - 4

LB - 2

CM - 2

LM - 2

RM - 2

CAM - 2

ST - 4

Reserves

1 player for each position.

Under 18s

Staff and Players

Players

Click on the 'Add' button near the bottom of the screen. Then search for 48 random names. We can change their positions and stats later.

---

Did your chairman stay where he was supposed to this time? :p

aye aye sir.

BTW i have no idea what time you mean by midday rofl...

I mean 12pm. :D

i mean i have no idea what time it is there so i have no idea when it'll be midday for you :p oh and ok I will. Shall I be doing the names and their personal details after the positions and stats then? 48 might take me awhile so i suggest you continue to write up what to do rofl...

EDIT: Yes my chairman stayed :D

When you've got a list of the 48 players, you can start customising them. We'll start from the top down, so...

Goalkeepers!

For your first keeper, who will also be your 1st choice for the No.1 shirt ingame:

Details

You know what to do here, from setting up other people. Make sure the 'Person Type' is set to 'Player', and if you want the player to have a good few years with the club before he retires and you have to bring in a replacement, change his 'Date of Birth'.

so what do i do next got 12 players lol. BTW will i be doing like the stats and stuff then their names and details? Maybe after the stats and that and we have finished everything else i can add in the names and details.

We can do them in whatever order you like. I was going with the 'work through each player, and finish on them before moving onto the next' stratergy?

Contract

Club - Change it to your club.

Job - Player

Date Joined - This can be anything, as long as it matches up with their age. (A player has to be at least 16 to be able to play pro football, and 17 to be able to sign a contract.)

Contract Started - The same date as 'Date Joined'.

Contract Expires - How long to do you want their contract to last before you have to renew it?

Contract Type - Full Tme

Weekly Wage - Varies from player to player. For a 1st team goalkeeper in the Championship = 15k

Squad Number - Can either be left blank (to be asigned in game) or filled in with the number 1.

Contract Clauses (sub-tab)

Do you want the player to get extra bonuses for playing well, keeping clean sheets, etc?

on Technical it seems that you have 0 marking also you got versatality :D ALso so your saying i should be having 3-5 flair and 8-12 dirtiness?

A keeper doesn't need flair, as it's unlikely he's going to be trying any tricks. All keepers have an ounce of dirtness in their play.

Archived